13539 Ventura Blvd
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.boneyardbistro.com/
- Phone: (818) 906-7427
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:30pm - 2:00am, Saturday: 5:30pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Aaron Robins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering has no limits of what we can do - from BBQ to fine dining and from 2 people -500 people. We will work with you to create the party of your dreams. Please call to customize your next event.
A word from Boneyard Bistro
Boneyard has it all. Real Southern BBQ slow smoked over Hickory, Santa Maria BBQ grilled over live Red Oak, and creative bistro fare influenced by all corners of the world. If adult beverages spark your fire we have what you want. We feature 42 taps of beer all focused on micro brews and specialty imports. We also have over 100 specialty brews in the bottle. When it comes to wine we feature at least 10 by the glass and will open almost any bottle you wish with a 2 glass min.. We have one of the largest Zinfandel collections in SoCal. Join us on Mondays for our famous Fried Chicken. Check us regularly for new specials and upcoming events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Boneyard Bistro - Best Restaurants in Sherman Oaks ›
Boneyard Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (28)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (19)late-night find (18)special occasion (16)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- ValleyGirlDined on 11/8/2014I can see the attraction of the restaurant. The menu is intriguing and unusual for the SFV. The server was exceptional and the setting is fun. But maybe because it was Saturday night and they were super jammed, the food did not come as we ordered. I had a burger that was supposed to be medium rare and it came as medium, closer to well done. The "medium" ribs were very fatty. When my friend sent them back, the plate was returned without the side dishes. The fried macaroni and cheese was superb. The ribs were good. But for the money, yikes! Way too expensive for the experience we had. Won't go back. Too many other good places along the boulevard, with better overall value.
- Monthly Seafood BoilTwinikiVIPDined on 10/29/2014Truly amazing the seafood choices on this night...and delicious! Place was packed. The deal on wine was also fantastic. 50% off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BilleDined on 10/19/2014Surpassed all my expectations. The restaurant was designed for me. Great selection, high quality, friendly service, unbelievable bar selections! A++Special Features:
- wittc1Dined on 10/18/2014Pretty pricey for what it is and very noisy. Hard to talk to another without yelling. Food was goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQBBQLoverDined on 10/17/2014You can smell the woodsmoke as soon as you enter, rminds me of Memphis BBQ.Special Features:
- Great Food Great WineSjinla1Dined on 10/16/2014Always one of my favorite spots in LA. BBQ, steaks and fish options all fantastic and unique and tasty appetizers always start you off right. Gotta try the chili filled donuts. One of the best wine lists in town with an educated staff who can always point you in the right direction. Aaron, the owner, is always available and truly knows his vino. Always has something new on the wine list to share and you can't beat 1/2 price wine on Tuesdays and Wednesday's. Love the Boneyard!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/14/2014I booked a large party for a surprise birthday party. I had to call to make the party larger, which I know is a pain, and they were very accommodating. The day of they were fantastic. Food is great! Drinks are wonderful! We've been here a few time and always have a great time. Just a fun place to go in the Valley.Special Features:
- Top Notchphoenix74Dined on 10/9/2014I just love this place, where else can you get amazing BBQ and tons of different whiskeys. If you love pickles you must get the Pumpernickel cocktail. Just YUM. It's a must for anyone who loves their whiskeys!Special Features:
- Beer HeavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Fantastic Beer List. Huge servings of food. Bring your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The B-YardSDietVIPDined on 10/4/20141st time at the Boneyard and I was satisfied with the overall experience. The portions were much bigger than I could eat, the brisket and pulled pork melted in my mouth. The waiter was also on top of everything. Overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Beer SelectionKolschFanDined on 10/2/2014Food was not so great, but the ambiance and the Kolsch German beer makes this place worth trying it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Night VisitCACoupleDined on 9/26/2014The Boneyard has a high energy, active bar scene and many drinks are discounted in the late evening. The barbecue carnitas (pork) are delicious. High noise level and the tables are very close together.Special Features:
- Great food. Great Service.SnowstormVIPDined on 9/18/2014The ribs here are to. die. for. Love it! I've been a fan for years and will continue to dine/drink here!Special Features:
- A Bistro it is notKaatdefoodieDined on 9/18/2014the place is nice, the food is good, the prices are above average, the portions are little. while the pumpernickel cocktail was brilliant, new and surprising, the chili injected donut bites were not good (at all). Regular burgers at above regular prices and small portions of overpriced salads. our waitress was lovely. the "crowd"overly loud (but that seems to have become usual at LA eateries, annoyingly)Special Features:
- Out of the box BBQMzleezaDined on 9/11/2014Great creative menu, and BBQ was indeed delicious.Special Features:
- kitgirlVIPDined on 9/1/2014Satisfied my craving for Fried Chicken which is offered on Monday evenings. I was able to have the combo plate of 2 pieces of fried chicken w/ baby back pork ribs which was just enough for me with left overs for the next day's meal. The meal comes with a choice of cole slaw, collard greens, potato salad etc. Tiny corn muffins and bread were also offered before the main dish arrived. My husband ordered a hamburger was was just enough for him. Great for groups of people since there are so many various items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great Bar-B-QueRickTLADined on 8/23/2014The Baby Back ribs were the best, but the rest of the ribs were very good. They even have beef ribs, but I preferred the pork ribs.Special Features:
- snuffdroosterDined on 8/20/2014Fantastic food, great service and sweet atmosphere. Superb whiskey selection and more beers than you can count. Little weak on the red wine end, but not really going here for the vino anyway. And Absinthe, the have Lucid and one other, and know how to prep it right.Special Features:
- Good food. Interesting motif.GoodeatsgoodmeetsDined on 8/8/2014Overall the experience was enjoyable, however the servers were not the most professional as one of them repeatedly pressed their backside to the window directly next to our table every time he was taking orders outside. Really took some of the class out of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not worth the hype or priceGearforbeerDined on 8/3/2014Service was great. Drinks were decent but the food was a huge let down. All of the food we tried (a selection of ribs, chicken, and tri-tip and all the sides) was bland, dry, and not worth coming back for. Bummer, since this place has a cool vibe.Special Features:
- BBQ?BBQ101Dined on 8/2/2014Would like to give this place a great review but when you go to a BBQ place you want "BBQ" with your meat. Needed some BBQ bottles at the tables. My boyfriend is from the south and we have been in search of the best BBQ place ever. Still searching.. I had the Tri Tip (on the suggestion from our waiter) with the fried mac n cheese and potato salad. My boyfriend had the brisket, tri tip and beef ribs (three way combo) with cole slaw and the fried mac n cheese as well. I felt the tri tip was too dry (medium/well) and not much flavor. The potato salad was very good, fried mac n cheese was so-so. My boyfriend wasn't over the top impressed and felt he should have ordered the pork ribs instead since that meat tends to fall right off the bone.
- NIvagDined on 8/2/2014More than a regular steak joint. The steak, braised beef ribs and chicken were all seasoned and cooked to perfection. The vegetables with the meat were complimentary to the meal, not simply an add on. Service very good.and my bill came to less than I expextedSpecial Features:
- Great BBQ - great vibeShOakscarnivoreDined on 7/31/2014I think boneyard bistro is the reason that Cecil's closed on the same street just a few doors down about a year after it opened. This barbecue with sumptuous, the sauce tangy, the service terrific, the patrons lovely, and the experience overall was more than satisfying.Special Features:
- Beer and Seafood BoilFancyFeastDined on 7/30/2014If you're a foodie, this place does lots to temp your palate. As you'd imagine a place called Boneyard Bistro would have plenty of meat. And they do. And it's great. But they also balance the menu with fish and other seafood options. We stopped by for their monthly Seafood Boil. Certainly recommend (and get reservations because it gets busy). Now on to the beer. They've got 42 taps - and a wonderful variety of ever-changing beers from all over the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 345 reviews are from the Boneyard Bistro reviews archive.
- Service was great. food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/22/2014We came here because it was just rated one of the Top BBQ places in the US. Had I known it was Open Table's list, i wouldn't have come since most of the great BBQ places probably aren't listed! While we liked the atmosphere and had a great table and a really great waitress who gave us excellent service. All 3 of us felt very underwhelmed by our food. I had been here once many years ago but was willing to give it a shot. our fried mac and cheese bites were perfectly fried but had no flavor. We tried the "bacon slab" that was featured. the 2 small pieces of bacon slab were tough & so not worth the $9, at all. My ribs were ok. Have to say i took most of them home and they were much better the next day. my friend said his burger was just OK.
- Really Good BarbecueBriGuyDined on 7/22/2014Worth the visit. Try the "bacon sticks!" Really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Poor Quality and Over PricedFrequentDinerVIPDined on 7/17/2014I ordered the bone in ribeye and it tasted like old beef, was tough Nd over cooked. It was also very expensive, which I don't mind so long as the quality is there, but it wasn't. Our waiter was awkward, and when I would ask for a recommendation, he always pointed to the most expensive item on the menu.
- BurgersFoody123Dined on 7/13/2014I paid 23 dollars for a burger and fries. I much rather would have had inn n out. The quality at inn n out is much better. I ordered my burger at boneyard medium well and it was well done and dried out and it had no flavorSpecial Features:
- Disappointing this time.....APotvinDined on 7/13/2014I have dined at Boneyard Bistro a number of times over the years, always delighting in the creative bistro food and savoring the BBQ, especially the moist Brisket. This last visit was very disheartening. My meal began with a Mint Julip that was incomplete (delivered to the table virgin) and after bringing it to services attention no offer of correction made. Six folks in my party enjoyed each other's company for quite some time before the meal was delivered and when it finally arrived two of the orders were incomplete and after several attempts to get them correct finally consumed out of frustration. My selection of ribs was un-characteristically tough and disappointing. Sad day as this was one of my regular recommendations to friends.
- Craft BeerTeechainzDined on 7/11/2014This restaurant has the most intriguing craft beers selections. If you into tasting beers I really suggestion this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ribs ever!LoveItaliaVIPDined on 7/7/2014We celebrated my son's birthday with the best beef ribs, baked beans, coleslaw and fried Mac n cheese. Delicious! Quality ribs with lots of meat. Will definitely return. Huge whiskey menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walterDined on 7/7/2014The special was a Char Su pork chop and it was great! Tasty and cooked perfectly, moist throughout! The steak lacked flavor. would have benefited from seasoning. But was tender and nicely cooked.Special Features:
- 4th of July dudbbqfanaticDined on 7/4/2014been to this restaurant many times before. Went on the 4th of July. Ribs looked like the steaming plate of bones on the Flinstones. Where is the beef? Won't go back again after this experience.
- Great place for food and beerBrandonKDined on 6/29/2014Boneyard bistro is a neighborhood gem. From the servers to the bartenders, everyone is extremely nice and makes sure your needs are met. They were out of a few of my beer choices so that was a bummer but I still got to try a couple new beers which is always nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockin' Comfort FoodgreatstaffDined on 6/26/2014Done up in a 'shabby chic" style the bar and beer/wine list is amazing! On occasion the BBQ is a little overdone/dry, but the waitstaff is happy to assist with any issues. Goes well beyond classic BBQ and burgers.Special Features:
- Best BBQ!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Our favorite date night spot! The food and service are always great. Highly recommend making a reservation as this is a smaller restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had Reservations But WaitedRomanaDined on 6/15/2014We had reservations & arrived 5 min. early. Told it would be a few min. wait for 'them' to finish. You mean the table being cleaned? No. No one else waiting & 5 tables open that would seat 4. 5 min. later she said she was trying to 'move' some tables around. 5 more min. I ask why we're not being seated at the open tables. Because we are supposed to be seated where these other people are still eating & need to wait for them to finish. They have a certain seating arrangement & it can't be broken. We cannot be seated at a table where someone "may" sit in the future (it wasn't a great table - it was just available). Finally, the party left & we were seated there. A 20 min. wait. Kicker? No one ever sat in the open tables while we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boneyard is the best!DebbiAteHereDined on 6/5/2014This was our second visit to Boneyard Bistro and it was great. We took two couples who had never eaten there before--they all loved it! the food was outstanding (St. Louis Ribs, Baby Back Ribs, Brisket, Catfish, Shrimp -- all delicious!) My two favorite sides, collard greens and cole slaw, were so yummy--and got rave reviews. The service is great -- and you can ask any server nearby for anything, and they are happy to jump in and oblige. Love that. Our friends all said they would love to eat at Boneyard again -- and we will be happy to join them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMeEatingDined on 5/30/2014The hostess was very nice to us. Gave us our table even though we are still missing some folks in our party. The server was very nice as well and very knowledgeable of their food. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sdf35114VIPDined on 5/25/2014this is 2nd time at restaurant. did a bunch a appetizers and split combo platters. Very good all around. also enjoyed the we lingered quite a while so appreciated not felling rushed out bu it did seem slow for the holiday weekend.Special Features: