12 Water Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 1A5Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boneta.ca/
- Phone: 6046841844x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jeff MacIntosh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com x
Boneta loves you.
Our seasonal menu, which is updated weekly on the website, offers modern European comfort food paired with a beautifully chosen wine list and classic custom cocktails. The lounge and speak easy bar encourages impromptu socializing while the main dining room provides secret hideaways and insider views to the open kitchen.
Service is relaxed and attentive with an atmosphere that is energetic and warm. Unpretentious dining in a gorgeous Gastown setting. Welcome to Vancouver.
- We had to go for pizza afterNYvisitorVIPDined on 12/20/2013For the price, the portions were small. Trendy, but not much substance. For foodies who like to look, sniff and taste, but not feel full after a meal. No bread offered, would have eaten before if we had known. We went to Nicli Antica for pizza after, because we were still hungry. Missed the old tarte tatin. Apparently closing down. Sorry to see it go on this note. Not what it was when it first started, in its previous location. Too bad, the owner is first class.Special Features:
- a memoriable christmas dinnerjacintoDined on 12/19/2013I took my girlfriend to bonita's for our annual christmas dinner. The food was outstanding, and our service was just as great. I've already reccomended this restaurant to 5 of my friends. One of who will be proposing to his girlfriend. This is a great place to go if you have a special occasion in mind. Its the best christmas dinner I've had! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't forget about your guestsNikkiVIPDined on 11/23/2013had a great dinner - amazing food that came at a quick pace, great service throughout the meal - until it came time to pay. both of our servers (yes, two) had completely forgotten about us after dropping off dessert. By this time is was closer to 11pm and the restaurant was slowing down so didn't see why this had to happen. otherwise a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but scant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2013I found the food absolutely delicious but there wasn't quite enough for me. I left feeling a bit hungry. I guess I could have ordered more but that would have made it rather unaffordable. Otherwise, I loved the ambience and service.Special Features:
- we loved the old boneta andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013we loved the old boneta and after some time decided to come back for a birthday dinner.. Sadly our experience was sub optiomal- not at one point in the evening did a server identify herself as our server - we were ordering drinks from whom ever walked by- after a great length of time of sitting without any service or contact with staff ( there were 3 mulling around refilling glasses etc). Our server?! at this point we have 2 people- no one came to check on our meal- there was no discussion about food options, no smiles and nothing made us feel at home or welcome, especially for our special occasion.Special Features:
- Good choice in GastownMww87Dined on 11/20/2013Sat at the bar, nice simple menu with some great choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much hypeDatenightDinersDined on 11/9/2013Waited 20 min. for our table with a reservation. For appetizers we had the "house baked" bread and butter ($3) and the pate' with foie appetizer. The pate' it was too firm and the 4 melba toasts served with it were bland and too few. The bread was a small tasteless loaf that looked like it was a sysco product. The mains were VERY small, a 2" piece of cod, over a spoonful of shredded pea pods..The gnocci was good, but again very small portion for $18. For dessert we ordered the "lemon meringue tart"the crust was more like a bland cookie and the meringue was marshmallow. The meal was very disappointing considering all the hype we had heard about this place. Next time we will stick with Blue Water, we are never disappointed there.
- Best Dinner in VancouverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2013What can i say but thank you to Neil and his Crew, Great dinner, great drinks, and GREAT FOODSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant, great areaLovegoodfoodDined on 11/8/2013Highly recommend this restaurant. Interesting menu fit for foodies. Include the cheese plate in your selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2013Vistor to Vanouver and found Boneta on a local blog. We had an amazing cocktail ("30th Century Man"). Followed by poutine (never been to Canada before so I had to try it) and then trout. Desert was the pavlova and we finished up with chartreuse The food was really good, as was the service. The only negative was the printing of the menus was difficult to read in the low light. My only regret is that I'm leaving Vancouver tomorrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The attention to service isAndreaDined on 10/19/2013The attention to service is really wonderful here. My date and I brought our own bottle of wine -- it was a special occasion and a bottle we had been saving, so we were glad to hear Boneta accomodates BYOB with a corkage fee of $25. When the restaurant opened the bottle for us, it turned out to be corked! Service staff and the sommellier/owner were gracious, friendly, and empathetic, and helped us choose a(n affordable) substitute from their concise but thoughtful list. I've been to Boneta before for special occasion dinners and this level of care is par for the course: attentive but never intrusive or forced. A wonderful experience start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEO for president!JOJODined on 10/19/2013NEO is amazing, a true aficionado, what a knowledge and love towards wine-food and exceptional down to earth approach to customer service, Boom! We’ll be back.Special Features:
- We were a family of 6 andshibainuVIPDined on 10/12/2013We were a family of 6 and a toddler celebrating Thanksgiving at Boneta. We really appreciated the fact that the restaurant took the trouble of borrowing a high chair for us when we requested one! Service was friendly, the food was beautifully prepared and delicious. I really loved the special that evening, duck. This wasn't our first time and it won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in small amountsSebastianDined on 10/8/2013Everything was fantastic except for the portions. While not the smallest i've seen they were nonetheless significantly smaller than that of L'abbatoir, who are both very close by and at a similar price point. The experience was otherwise great; service was good, wine selection was interesting, wasn't too noisy or too quiet. Everything else about the night makes me want to return but the number of dishes I'd have to order to suffice a moderate appetite simply isn't worth what it would cost.Special Features:
- First anniversaryChadwickDined on 10/5/2013Everything was fantastic. The food and the service could not have been better. My wife and I had a great time here.Special Features:
- Best Dinner Experience in VancouverArshDined on 10/1/2013The food was beyond amazing, and the service was extraordinary! We're already talking about the next time we'll go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer of octopus chipsCeCeVIPDined on 10/1/2013Appetizer of octopus chips different,salty but good. but a roll and butter is 3 dollars. the main dish,pork chop took 45 minutes,was dry. the people were very friendly,wine was good. Ambience was nonexistent,seated at a glass wall ovelooking a pedestrian walkway,men's clothing store 6 feet from where I sat
- Boneta was good.arminDined on 9/28/2013I had a fantastic experience at Boneta. I took my girlfriend there for her birthday. i just wrote a huge review and realized that i can only use a certain amount of characters. That is stupid . Anyway to make it shorter, i loved the place, the server was great. wine was good. Food was amazing too. Only shortened critique i can make is that the amuse bouche was absolutely amazing however it was the best bit of food i had all night. The rest was extremely delicious its just that the amuse was so damn good it made the rest of the meal pale in comparison. Dont take it the wrong way tho the meal was spectacular. just perhaps they shouldn't start the meal with the best thing as it detracts from the rest of the meal. Thanks we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentbthepalmDined on 9/3/2013Great dinner for a birthday celebration. We were well looked after and enjoyed the room and service. Artic Char was a real standout and our young guest really loved the octopus chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, delayed serviceeatsoutDined on 7/26/2013Had a reservation for 9 and our table wasn't ready. Not a huge deal. Once we were sat it took over 20 minutes for someone to come take our drink order. By that time we had appetizers and mains picked out so we ordered all at once. Appetizers came out in under ten minutes (just poutine and bread) but it was another 40 minutes for our mains which was strange because it was late and the place was thinning out. The duck breast was good, the pork chop which was more like roast ham, a friend got the trout gnocchi which she loved but the portion was TINY and my other friend couldn't find much and resorted to the poutine (although she can be picky so that's not necessarily a reflection of the menu) Ambience is great and the open concept adds a lot.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2013I think Boneta was the highlight among many restaurants on a Seattle/Vancouver trip. The Downton and Peabody cocktails were both delicious. A spring salad, which could be dull, was wonderful--with interesting ingredients (including many kinds of unfamiliar greens) and a nice balance. The risotto and halibut entrees were also well balanced and contained little surprise flavors which is always fun. My only quibble, and it's a minor one, is wishing the chocolate cake were more intensely flavored. Someone here is being selective about quality ingredients and careful about cooking, and it shows! The space is pleasant and subdued, particularly considering the prevalence of "pub" style places around Gastown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Requires some patience but yummy!EH555VIPDined on 7/12/2013Food was fantastic. Salad was overdressed, but everything else was amazing - especially the beef carpaccio and shortrib gnocci. We sat at the bar where service was ok. I sent back my Southpaw cocktail a third of the way through because the ginger was just too strong for me, and we were charged for it. I know it's not a gimme when you've consumed 1/3, but considering we ordered a very nice bottle of wine and had to wait over 30 minutes for our mains to arrive, I hoped for better. Yes, it took an extremely long time between apps and mains - don't go overly hungry or impatient. But we'd happily return because the food and ambience were so fabulous. Really a cool spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Care and AttentionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2013For the high calibre of food, we were surprised at the casual-feel of the restaurant - not at all pretentious. The crab salad was lovely, and like all of the other food, was prepared with a high degree of attention to the details. Very enjoyable on a rather quiet Monday evening.Special Features:
- Don't Come HungryBBFoodDined on 7/3/2013Portion sizes were a little on the light side. Food was well presented and delicious but each plate looked like it needed a little more substance to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013I had made resos for my friends birthday at Boneta and had never been myself. The space is beautiful, the food is great and the staff are friendly and amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife loved her food, butjjfadDined on 6/27/2013My wife loved her food, but I made the mistake of ordering the vegan ensemble of vegetables and rice. It was fine, but not particularly tasty. Mellow, laid back atmosphere. Would be good for a group and/or date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/19/2013The food was good but the place was loud even when it wasn't full. This was not energetic good noise but just loud echoing noise that made it difficult to talk as a group and would not go there for a romantic dinner. The restaurant is in a quiet cove in gastown and the ambiance did not fit the setting.
- Boneta GastownHughDined on 6/11/2013Boneta was a very nice casual place,the two servers were friendly an helpful. Appetizers were good but a bit small, the pate was very nice. Overall it was great, but all portions were small but very nicely presentedI would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodPeteDined on 6/8/2013Great place, great food, octopus chips are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Food and WineOccaionalVancouverDined on 6/7/2013We had a good experience at Boneta. We meet up with a friend for a drink and a few snacks. We shared the octopus chips, Salmon tartare, and Risotto with truffles. We drank the Neslois Sangoviose which was excellent. The Risotto was also excellent. The salmon tartare was refresshing but not that interesting and octopus chips were a bit chewy(to be expected) but also didn't have much flavor other than the tapioca batter which wasn't much. Otherwise an excellent place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are so extremely impressedwillyouacceptthisroseDined on 6/1/2013We are so extremely impressed with the exceptional service we received when having dinner at Boneta. The staff went out of their way to make our dining experience extra special. Boneta is now "our" restaurant and can't wait to return for an amazing meal and outstanding service. Special thanks for bending over backwards to find me a rose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a little disappointed3cutiesDined on 5/31/2013We were a little disappointed with our first experience at Boneta. We are small eaters and the portion was so small, definitely not enough for average people. My halibut was only a tiny 2"x2" cube. My girlfriend's beef was too dry. The 2 way duck only had tiny shredded pieces of duck's leg. The octopus chip was very tasty, but again it is such a tiny portion.
- A Good Surprise in Every MorselScottieVIPDined on 5/28/2013Each bite of each morsel of food was a delight of flavours....every vegetable has been individually cooked and seasoned to bring out it's best and add another layer of flavours to enhance the experience. Each bite was a surprise....and a good one. The steak was perfect as was the halibut. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return.BurgundyboyVIPDined on 5/24/2013We had a wonderful anniversary dinner with friends. The food was outstanding. We look forward to returning to experience some of the other menu items. What a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new location...ConnoisseurOfGoodTasteDined on 5/17/2013Love the new location and fresh ambiance of Boneta in Gastown. The big skylights and big glass front make the ambiance very bright and beautiful. I prefer this over the old location in which they had mirrors hanging off the ceiling. New location is elegant and the food is sublime. Very enjoyable. Going to Gastown always makes me feel like I'm on holidays someplace special, which most definitely it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodwillbikeforwineDined on 5/6/2013They did it again, great food, service. You have to try the duck 2 ways, stunning!! Try the Tasmanian Pinot... great recommendation Chris!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2013Food and service were excellent! Will definitely recommend to friends and return for more in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I recommend the beef carpacciocatinthehatDined on 5/4/2013I recommend the beef carpaccio and octopus chips. Menu overall is fancy but not intimidating. Cocktails were fantastic. Servers were fast and attentive yet we never felt like they were hovering.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for good FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013A great place for good French food while getting a little rowdy (not too rowdy) with friends. Very energetic and consequently, not so romantic.Special Features:
- Food was delicious... theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013Food was delicious... they offered us a complimentary champagne as it was a 5oth birthday celebration- very nice touchSpecial Features: