701 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bonesdenver.com/
- Phone: 3038602929x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full Restaurant Buyout Available for all Occasions!Please contact the event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702x
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday-Friday 5:00PM-6:30PM featuring specialty coctails, sake, wine, beer, and Chef's daily creations.
A word from Bones
Tight and energetic, Bones is a chef-inspired noodle bar in the heart of Governor's Park. Our windowed corner spot features an eclectic collection of beers, premium sakes, and wines to compliment a menu that changes frequently to offer food as comforting as house-crafted steamed buns and pork belly-topped udon to the more exotic roasted bone marrow. With counter dining for those who love the action of a completely open kitchen, or more intimate tables nestled along the wall, Bones has the amenities of a fine-dining establishment--excellent service, beautiful food--but priced and toned for a more lively experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (14)hot spot (14)romantic (10)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Steamed buns are AMAZING.pipereatsVIPDined on 8/26/2014We went for restaurant week and started with an order of the steamed buns (not on rest. week menu but a friend had highly recommended we try them)... they did not disappoint! Also recommend the Bones G&T cocktail - fantastic. Other highlights included escargot pot stickers, duck saam, and udon bowl w/ pork shoulder. Especially comforting on a rainy evening!Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was good at this restaurant. Menu wasn't very extensive. Thought the food was good, but not sure I'd go back as it is kind of expensive for what you getSpecial Features:
- So delicious!Wineanddine56Dined on 8/18/2014We sat on the patio on Monday night. Our service was great, the waitress recommended several options since we had never been there before. We had the steamed buns for an appetizer and I had the green chile ramen noodles for dinner. It was spicy enough to give it great flavor but not too much heat. We finished with a s'mores ice cream sandwich! Everything was delicious and imaginative-I highly recommend Bones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!JenGDined on 7/22/2014We had the escargot potstickers (very different but delicious), crispy brussel sprouts, lobster ramen and pork udon. The flavors were fantastic, although almost a little too rich in the case of the udon and ramen. The textures on so many of the dishes were just amazing (the crispiness of the brussel sprouts, the ramen noodles were perfect, the poached eggs had liquid yolks that barely ran). Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- Clean food, great wait staffSusuDined on 7/10/2014Great selection of starters, and I recommend trying both pork belly and shredded pork. Between my friends and I, we had a couple of the hot noodle bowls and the duck with lettuce wrap. Super yummy, all of it. The waitstaff was perfect, attentive, just the right amount of attention, and spot on with their knowledge of the menu and ability to give good advice on what to order. Easy and relaxed vib all around. A great experience for my first night in Denver from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Eatery in DenverSAS1986Dined on 6/28/2014This is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Denver; it never disappoints and there is always something new and distinctive on the menu. It has a unique urban vibe, similar to that found in parts of NYC which sets it apart from many of the restaurants in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great locationElordVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to choose!AsarpVIPDined on 6/13/2014Loved everything on the menu. We had the pork belly buns (out of this world), octopus and squid ink noodles (amazing), escargot (different from anything I've had escargot-wise before, but delicious), and the lobster ramen (scrumptious and buttery!). The gin and tonic was spot on and the waitress chose an amazing sake flight for me. She was also just a fantastic waitress.Special Features:
- just greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2014I have been wanting to try Bones for a while. With all the wonderful restaurants Frank B. has, I can now add this to my list. The food was terrific. I had the halibut collar for starters and the duck wraps for dinner. I ate everything.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed and OverbudgetMissNessyDined on 6/6/2014With all the rave reviews I was a bit underwhelmed with the lobster ramen. The prices were just too expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- Excellent experience at BonesGirlonrunDined on 5/30/2014The food was fantastic. Small menu, but quality items. Enjoyed the pork sticky buns, lobster ramen, and duck lettuce wraps. The kimchi was also delicious. I could eat here many more times. I had read the food was a little salty, but it was seasoned perfectly. I was very pleased. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingElordVIPDined on 5/29/2014Totally amazing and would absolutely recommend to anyone visiting Denver or the localsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster ramenLov2eatDined on 5/25/2014Loved the lobster ramen, duck and sweet rolls with pork!!! Very nice for a Birthday celebration. But the place is pretty small and the tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Too noise. The service wasn't to level of the prices in the menu.
- The following 725 reviews are from the Bones reviews archive.
- Noodle House?DaveDined on 4/12/2014I don't understand places that claim to specialize in something and they don't even do that one thing right. I ordered a the pork belly buns and the lobster ramen. The buns were way too thick and doughy compared to other buns I've had in the past. I have a lot of Asian relatives who would cook something similar, and these were very blah. The lobster ramen had decent flavor, but the noodles were slightly under cooked over all, and I had many uncooked noodle clumps in my bowl (so did my date, who was not pleased with the meal at all). Extremely over priced for the quality of food they serve. Not recommended.
- Excellent Dinner ExperienceSaraElDined on 4/4/2014The hostess and waitress were quick and friendly. The food was delicious, we had two appetizers and two noodle soup entrees. brussels sprouts and steamed pork belly buns from the happy hour menu, both hot and tasty. We had the udon and lobster ramen bowls and they were flavorful and very filling. My only complaint about Bones would be the price points for everything. While I feel the appetizer happy hour menu items were a good value, I think one could get similar noodle bowls at a ramen shop for around ten dollars.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2014Hi Team, l ways enjoy eating at your restaurants. Food was great, service was great. It's what I have come to expect over the years and you did not let me down. Cheers,Special Features:
- Don't miss the lobster noodle bowl!Mthede1VIPDined on 3/24/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at this neighborhood gem! Can't go wrong with any of the noodle bowls… Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, questionable serviceHungryYogiDined on 3/16/2014We got ramen. It was ok although we all found the lobster bland. The food also took a really long time considering how few people were in the restaurant. More than 30mins from when we ordered. This wasn't a huge deal, but was unexpected. What bothered me was the service. The waitress spilled water all over my friend, fine, accidents happen. She didn't offer to buy a drink or appetizer or really do anything to make up for the fact he ate the whole meal with wet pants, where it wasn't warm. Then she ran my card for $40 more than our bill was, said it was an accident but didn't apologize for the fact that I now have a $170 charge pending on my card. Service was just generally slow and aloof. For the money i'd rather go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Bones is Still GreatBHuxDined on 3/15/2014Bones is still fantastic, but they recently took the escargot potstickers off the menu. There is a new escargot dish but frankly, I was pretty underwhelmed by it. The pork cheek was a delight and the lobster ramen, as always, was delicious.Special Features:
- great service, solid fareMarkHDined on 3/7/2014Bones is great. Probably over priced, but the service was great and the drinks even better, so go for happy hour.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatWashParkFoodie303VIPDined on 3/7/2014Bones used to be one of my favorite Denver restaurants, but the last two times have been disappointing. The noodle dishes were mediocre. My favorite was the lobster Raman; after getting a rubbery lobster tail and a miso broth that was too salty on my last visit I decided to get the crispy chicken Raman. The chicken thigh was over cooked and dry, not crispy. The broth was overpowered by the spicy blend and it drowned out the soy-plum broth. While the noodle dishes were a let down, you will enjoy the steamed buns . These delisious doughy delights will satisfy your taste buds as you drink down your happy hour cocktail. When it comes to the waitstaff, they. are friendly and outgoing; I have never seen anyone on staff without a smile.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2014Everything was delicious. Don't leave without trying the kimchi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Yummy Yummy!zagsterVIPDined on 2/27/2014Limited menu but what we had was wonderful! Pork buns were awesome!Special Features:
- Quality Food, small restaurantFoodDined on 2/26/2014Appetizers were amazing, soup and noodles were good, dessert left some to be desired. Very small restaurant with open kitchen and seating plan, so can be a little noisy and not very romantic. Fun place with good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceYcoolDined on 2/26/2014I would not return for dinner, lunch definitely. It is way too crowded and extremely loud. I felt they crammed tables in and could still make money by removing a few. I think the counter would be enjoyable at lunch or happy hour. Food truly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an Ok dinner. The foodrecentDined on 2/25/2014We had an Ok dinner. The food was Good but was missing Asian flavors. Food that looked Asian but tasted Italian. Kim Chi was not very good.
- A good experience!buddyVIPDined on 2/24/2014I am glad that I tried Bones during Restaurant Week. It was a very nice assortment of Bowls and not too different from their main menu. I did not know what to expect dining there. I wasn't disappointed but it is after all - a noodle bowl shop with an Asian flavor. My friends and I tried various dishes and the favorite was the steamed pork buns we ordered off the regular menu. Would I go back to Bones? - probably not. Just because it is a drive from where we lived and the food was good but not so special that I would make the trek. There are other places closer to home that are just as inviting. As far a service goes - I have no complaints. The staff is professional, pleasant and accommodating.Special Features:
- Definitely a great little spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014The lobster Ramen dish and the steamed buns with pork belly were both great. My date for this evening was a had the veggie noodles and tofu and was also very impressed. The portions were larger than anticipated. I did not get to see much of their dining area except for down stairs but seems like it would be difficult to fit larger groups but you don't need a large group to enjoy the food.
- Bones Denver Restaurant WeekfoodiemonDined on 2/23/2014I had been really looking forward to trying this place out. I was disappointed at how small the portions were for the price. After a glass of wine plus tax and tip it was over $50 each. The first course (Korean Fried Squid: Deep Fried Squid, Stir Fried Vegetables, Gojuchang) was tasty but tiny. The main dish (Udon: Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder, Poached Egg, Scallion, Plum-Soy Broth) was mostly broth and the pork shoulder mostly fat and not meat, there was no egg in it as described, but I could have added one for more money. I won't be going back. Also, as this was a restaurant week reservation, I was required to provide a credit card just to make the reservation, which I didn't like. The place is really small, tight seating and loud.
- Loved the food and place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The pork buns were excellent, the lobster, wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lingering over LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/20/2014My friend and I were celebrating her birthday and our 30 year history of reading books together. We both had the lobster with edamame in a miso broth. The broth was sensational, deeply infused with the flavor of lobster from the shell. We didn't realize the restaurant closed at 2:00 between lunch and dinner until we noticed some prospective lunch patrons being turned away, and were apologetic to the staff for keeping them there while we chatted happily until 2:30. They were gracious, never asking us to leave or making their presence known as we lingered so long over our lunch. All in all, this place has great food and a great wait staff.Special Features:
- Another Great Dinner at Bones...DaveDined on 2/6/2014This is my second visit to Bones, and the food and service continue to be excellent. The lobster dish was a great recommendation, and I really enjoyed the unique and tasty appetizers as well. All in all, the food, service, and ambience combined to make it a very pleasant evening at this unique and progressive restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RamenMarcDined on 2/4/2014The aroma of the noodles was great when entering the restaurant. The bone marrow app was incredible, as well as the broth from the lobster ramen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was very cold,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014The restaurant was very cold, even with my coat on. The Lobster ramen felt overpriced for very little flavor.
- The menu is very small, butFoodieVIPDined on 1/29/2014The menu is very small, but everything we tried was delicious and creative. I will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu and expensiveAnne123VIPDined on 1/29/2014Went for lunch. Nice decor and friendly service but the menu is limited and expensive! The cheapest dish was $15! Also, no kids menu. Nothing that would be suitable for a kid... Will unlikely go back.
- Chefs focus on qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014Very unique dishes, creative, great quality and delicious! Small menu, but what is offered is good quality and special. Service is great, and the open kitchen with the bar top allows you to see that the chefs take pride in the food they make.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBryanDined on 1/24/2014I'd read the reviews on Open Table. There were many positive reviews but also a lot of negative ones. That bothered me a bit but we decided to go anyway. I can flat out state that we had a great experience and did not find any of the negative reviews to hold water. Well, except that the place is small. What a dumb reason for a negative opinion. Yeah, it's small. It's a neighborhood place. If you want a big place go to Applebee's. The food and service was great. I have celiacs. Our waitress was very helpful and knowledgable. We will be going back to have another great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What gives with the duck ramen?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2014I like Bones, but you never know for sure if you're getting an A+ or a C meal. On Sat. night, their duck ramen was full of the least edible "meat" on a duck. Those who ordered a vegetarian dish were just ho-hum about the meal. Makes it awfully difficult to recommend this place because flashes of genius aren't enough.