701 Grant Street
Denver, CO 80203Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bonesdenver.com/
- Phone: (303) 860-2929
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Asian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Full Restaurant Buyout Available for all Occasions!Please contact the event coordinator for details.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702x
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday-Friday 5:00PM-6:30PM featuring specialty coctails, sake, wine, beer, and Chef's daily creations.
A word from Bones
Tight and energetic, Bones is a chef-inspired noodle bar in the heart of Governor's Park. Our windowed corner spot features an eclectic collection of beers, premium sakes, and wines to compliment a menu that changes frequently to offer food as comforting as house-crafted steamed buns and pork belly-topped udon to the more exotic roasted bone marrow. With counter dining for those who love the action of a completely open kitchen, or more intimate tables nestled along the wall, Bones has the amenities of a fine-dining establishment--excellent service, beautiful food--but priced and toned for a more lively experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)romantic (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- This is a great date spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014My boyfriend and I got the scallops, brussel sprouts and a couple of drinks as an appetizer. He got the lobster ramen and I got the green chili ramen, both great for cold fall/winter evenings. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. The only thing I don't like about this place is that it's tiny. Feels a bit crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- denver399Dined on 11/14/2014Ramen is better in New York city. The udon broth is on the sweet side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food disappointsLove2EatDined on 11/12/2014all the makings of a good restaurant for foodies, but the food ultimately doesn't deliver. It's acceptable, but overpriced for what it is. They've got a clever fusion approach to the menu, a nice location and enough buzz to draw in folks who don't know food. But if you appreciate excellent cuisine, you'll be disappointed. It's not bad, but plenty of other better restaurants in Denver for this price point.Special Features:
- Great noodle placeDlouiseDined on 11/10/2014The perfect place for lunch on fall's crisp day. Try the udon bowl or the spicy ramen bowl.Special Features:
- Love me some Bones!pipereatsVIPDined on 11/3/2014Second time dining here and I LOVE IT. Love the Bones G&T cocktail. Love the ramen bowl. LOVE the pork buns. Service is friendly and quick. Perfect meal for a chilly night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyMarvVIPDined on 10/17/2014Everything about Bones is consistently enjoyable. The food it tops and service matches. We go there about 1/month and there is usually a surprise on the menu. The scallop sashimi was like butter! Our last visit we had the ice cream sandwich for the first time: not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The ambiance was great, a small and cozy place. The pork sticky buns and the escargot potstickers were a great app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth-watering!BarbieEDined on 10/10/2014This meal was amazing and the service was impeccable. I was more than impressed, this is a new favorite dine out spot.Special Features:
- interesting takeatuma05Dined on 10/9/2014Food combos are unique and tastey! Cocktail list is fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Japanese FoodSkeepz64Dined on 10/5/2014I had the prom belly bunds and they were delicious. I had the Lobster Raman. The sauce was a rich brown sauce rich with the infusion of lobster and butter. The sauce made the dish. The lobster was good but noodles were just average. Overal the meal was very good and fairly authentic Jappaness food. I definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy PorkDsDiningDined on 10/4/2014Best pork buns and bone marrow. The food was great! Noodles and soup was fantastic! If you want asian pork goodness, then you should go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itFoodie043Dined on 10/1/2014They were fantastic!! Great food and great service. The happy meal was delicious and even came with a little toy and a beer. I would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be goodfoodfunDined on 9/27/2014Bones is a our go to when we just want a yummy dinner without the hype of a scene. Sat outside this time. It was a little loud thanks to a group next door, but Bones can't control their neighbors! The buns are so good. Both of our bowls were perfect. Keep it up Mr. B!Special Features:
- Don't skip the appetizers!5280VIPDined on 9/20/2014Yes, the ramen is great! But the apps are killer! I love the steamed buns, escargot potstickers, and bone marrow. And also had an amazing plate of cured trout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Wineanddine56Dined on 9/19/2014The steamed buns with braised pork are SO good! How do they make those buns so perfectly soft and dense at the same time? The ramen was of course, fantastic but please don't leave without having the ice cream sandwich!! Two chewy chocolate cookies with peanut butter ice cream-makes you close your eyes and moan with happiness!!Special Features:
- Upscale ramenMarcVIPDined on 8/29/2014Delicious and cute restaurant - an upscale version of ramen. Great for lunch or an interesting date/dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Feelingscari710Dined on 8/27/2014I went here during restaurant week and was disappointed to find out that it was actually cheaper to order the items individually off the regular menu then to order through the $30 restaurant week menu. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Steamed buns are AMAZING.pipereatsVIPDined on 8/26/2014We went for restaurant week and started with an order of the steamed buns (not on rest. week menu but a friend had highly recommended we try them)... they did not disappoint! Also recommend the Bones G&T cocktail - fantastic. Other highlights included escargot pot stickers, duck saam, and udon bowl w/ pork shoulder. Especially comforting on a rainy evening!Special Features:
- Best Ramen I've hadraimoDined on 8/25/2014The place is small, and even though there were many tables open they sat us one foot away from our neighbors. The tables are too close together. the servers were very nice and helpful. The restaurant week menu was very limited. The normal menu is limited as well, but that is a good thing here. What they do, they do it well. We had the pork buns for appetizer, they were delicious and fresh. I had the Ramen for dinner. It was so good I ate the whole thing even though I was irreversibly full. I don't seek out pho or ramen like my girlfriend, but any time she wants to return to Bones I am down.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was good at this restaurant. Menu wasn't very extensive. Thought the food was good, but not sure I'd go back as it is kind of expensive for what you getSpecial Features:
- So delicious!Wineanddine56Dined on 8/18/2014We sat on the patio on Monday night. Our service was great, the waitress recommended several options since we had never been there before. We had the steamed buns for an appetizer and I had the green chile ramen noodles for dinner. It was spicy enough to give it great flavor but not too much heat. We finished with a s'mores ice cream sandwich! Everything was delicious and imaginative-I highly recommend Bones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 737 reviews are from the Bones reviews archive.
- Yum!JenGDined on 7/22/2014We had the escargot potstickers (very different but delicious), crispy brussel sprouts, lobster ramen and pork udon. The flavors were fantastic, although almost a little too rich in the case of the udon and ramen. The textures on so many of the dishes were just amazing (the crispiness of the brussel sprouts, the ramen noodles were perfect, the poached eggs had liquid yolks that barely ran). Definitely would recommend.Special Features:
- Clean food, great wait staffSusuVIPDined on 7/10/2014Great selection of starters, and I recommend trying both pork belly and shredded pork. Between my friends and I, we had a couple of the hot noodle bowls and the duck with lettuce wrap. Super yummy, all of it. The waitstaff was perfect, attentive, just the right amount of attention, and spot on with their knowledge of the menu and ability to give good advice on what to order. Easy and relaxed vib all around. A great experience for my first night in Denver from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Eatery in DenverSAS1986Dined on 6/28/2014This is by far one of my favorite restaurants in Denver; it never disappoints and there is always something new and distinctive on the menu. It has a unique urban vibe, similar to that found in parts of NYC which sets it apart from many of the restaurants in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great locationElordVIPDined on 6/17/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Denver. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to choose!AsarpVIPDined on 6/13/2014Loved everything on the menu. We had the pork belly buns (out of this world), octopus and squid ink noodles (amazing), escargot (different from anything I've had escargot-wise before, but delicious), and the lobster ramen (scrumptious and buttery!). The gin and tonic was spot on and the waitress chose an amazing sake flight for me. She was also just a fantastic waitress.Special Features:
- just greatBajaazulVIPDined on 6/7/2014I have been wanting to try Bones for a while. With all the wonderful restaurants Frank B. has, I can now add this to my list. The food was terrific. I had the halibut collar for starters and the duck wraps for dinner. I ate everything.Special Features:
- Underwhelmed and OverbudgetMissNessyDined on 6/6/2014With all the rave reviews I was a bit underwhelmed with the lobster ramen. The prices were just too expensive for what you got.Special Features:
- Excellent experience at BonesGirlonrunDined on 5/30/2014The food was fantastic. Small menu, but quality items. Enjoyed the pork sticky buns, lobster ramen, and duck lettuce wraps. The kimchi was also delicious. I could eat here many more times. I had read the food was a little salty, but it was seasoned perfectly. I was very pleased. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingElordVIPDined on 5/29/2014Totally amazing and would absolutely recommend to anyone visiting Denver or the localsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lobster ramenLov2eatDined on 5/25/2014Loved the lobster ramen, duck and sweet rolls with pork!!! Very nice for a Birthday celebration. But the place is pretty small and the tables are very close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014Too noise. The service wasn't to level of the prices in the menu.
- Noodle House?DaveDined on 4/12/2014I don't understand places that claim to specialize in something and they don't even do that one thing right. I ordered a the pork belly buns and the lobster ramen. The buns were way too thick and doughy compared to other buns I've had in the past. I have a lot of Asian relatives who would cook something similar, and these were very blah. The lobster ramen had decent flavor, but the noodles were slightly under cooked over all, and I had many uncooked noodle clumps in my bowl (so did my date, who was not pleased with the meal at all). Extremely over priced for the quality of food they serve. Not recommended.
- YAY Pork BunsyumyumyumDined on 4/8/2014My kids and husband are all HUGE fans of Bones. We can't get enough of the pork buns. I haven't had a thing on the menu that I didn't like. The other night I tired the scallop carpaccio and OMG, it was like the sweetest kisses in my mouth. Everything here is a WIN!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner ExperienceSaraElDined on 4/4/2014The hostess and waitress were quick and friendly. The food was delicious, we had two appetizers and two noodle soup entrees. brussels sprouts and steamed pork belly buns from the happy hour menu, both hot and tasty. We had the udon and lobster ramen bowls and they were flavorful and very filling. My only complaint about Bones would be the price points for everything. While I feel the appetizer happy hour menu items were a good value, I think one could get similar noodle bowls at a ramen shop for around ten dollars.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2014Hi Team, l ways enjoy eating at your restaurants. Food was great, service was great. It's what I have come to expect over the years and you did not let me down. Cheers,Special Features:
- Don't miss the lobster noodle bowl!Mthede1VIPDined on 3/24/2014Had a wonderful dining experience at this neighborhood gem! Can't go wrong with any of the noodle bowls… Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, questionable serviceHungryYogiDined on 3/16/2014We got ramen. It was ok although we all found the lobster bland. The food also took a really long time considering how few people were in the restaurant. More than 30mins from when we ordered. This wasn't a huge deal, but was unexpected. What bothered me was the service. The waitress spilled water all over my friend, fine, accidents happen. She didn't offer to buy a drink or appetizer or really do anything to make up for the fact he ate the whole meal with wet pants, where it wasn't warm. Then she ran my card for $40 more than our bill was, said it was an accident but didn't apologize for the fact that I now have a $170 charge pending on my card. Service was just generally slow and aloof. For the money i'd rather go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Bones is Still GreatBHuxDined on 3/15/2014Bones is still fantastic, but they recently took the escargot potstickers off the menu. There is a new escargot dish but frankly, I was pretty underwhelmed by it. The pork cheek was a delight and the lobster ramen, as always, was delicious.Special Features:
- great service, solid fareMarkHDined on 3/7/2014Bones is great. Probably over priced, but the service was great and the drinks even better, so go for happy hour.Special Features: