3130 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4042372663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Lewis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Bones
Bones is an award winning Classic Steak and Seafood House. Our award-winning wine cellar has over 20,000 bottles and 2,000 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bones - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
406 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (331)notable wine list (210)romantic (195)fit for foodies (127)good for groups (93)neighborhood gem (67)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (32)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/25/2014Host found us a semi-private room for our group of 8. It was appreciated. The service did not disappoint.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014We were in Atlanta a couple of days to celebrate our 35th Anniversary and chose to dine Bones the night of our Anniversary. We were very pleased we did. The entire Staff greeted us warmly and took great care in helping make our experience special. We had enjoyed Bones before and knew we would again, but could not have been more pleased with our decision. Thank you for the impeccable service, great food & ambience, we hope to see you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Special stuff sprinkled all over our table for our anniversary, Everyone wished a happy anniversary and the steak, rare to medium with a perfect char. Ty bones as always the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Food and service were excellent. Took my family for my wifes birthday and ha a great evening.Special Features:
- Amazing!VickyDined on 8/23/2014The wait staff was extremely courteous and professional. I had to refrain from giving them a hug when we were leaving. :-) I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 16th wedding anniversary dinneralwaysthankfulDined on 8/22/2014They made us feel so welcomed! They had the table decorated with hearts and streamers and even gave us complimentary champagne! We love coming here for special occasions, because they make you feel special. Plus, the food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014From the minute we pulled into the valet, it was a perfect night. The service was ideal, just the right amount personal attention and private dining space. The food was amazing, the best steaks and the hashbrown side is the tastiest. The drink menu is electronic, however it did not list the beer selection as we had to ask. The birthday dessert was almost too much after the meal, but we couldn't resist. Mile High icecream cakeSpecial Features:
- wallyfromcanadaDined on 8/22/2014food and service were awesome. weren't allowed in the dining room because we had shorts on. did not know there was a dress code. we did wear shorts in 2008 so something has changed. would still go back for food.Special Features:
- RomanceLuv2dineDined on 8/21/2014Our dinner experience was very romantic. They treated us very special. The food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta's Only Restaurant LegendBillVIPDined on 8/20/2014Bone's service is consistently at the highest possible level -- setting the standard for service. Both food and service always exceed expectations. Proof of the quality of service is the average number of years service have been there; it is high because the servers enjoy their work, no one leaves. It shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Everything was stellar as always. Mark (26 years at Bones) our waiter was as terrific as last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; Bad tableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Bones has some of the best steaks in the country. Meal was fantastic. Had the ribeye for two; cooked to perfection (med rare) with spinich & mushrooms. We also had a nice bottle of wine. Bones over-prices their wines a bit, but their selection is excellent. On the table . . . we were seated at what has to be the very worst table in the entire restaurant. The table is located at the bottom of the stairs. The placement of the table is unfortunate; everyone that passes bumps your chair; extremely annoying due to amount of traffic. It is the age old comedic table placed right at the edge of a swinging kitchen door. Why they seated us at this table is a mystery. The place was empty when we arrived, and we had a reservations. Avoid that table!
- Not the super-steak I've had beforesoibeanDined on 8/19/2014I go to Bone's for two reasons. For one, the service and personal attention are always first-rate, with professional hosts and waiters who really know what they're doing. Second, of course, is the food, particularly the steaks. As good as some items on the menu sound, I figure it's best to dance with the one who brought me, i.e., go with their well-known specialty, cow. This time, I got the ribeye, albeit not the super-aged one. Frankly, I was disappointed. In a word, it was ordinary, with a surprising amount of fat.
- Great dinneranthonyVIPDined on 8/18/2014This was a great business dnnner. The steaks tasted great and were cooked to perfection Wine list was very good as well.Special Features:
- An Atlanta institutionx10leeVIPDined on 8/18/2014Like stepping back in time... in a good way! Fabulous service and the food is outstanding. There are not a lot of restaurants like this anymore where service is 5-star. In today's world of Corporate chains, it's nice to have a traditional steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014This was our first foray into Atlanta steakhouses and this restaurant did not disappoint. The wine list was good and the steaks were some of the best we have had. We frequent Chicago Steakhouses and have tried about 15 there and Bones do match some of the best steak houses in Chicago. The corn pudding was to die for and the Mountain dessert is a must have.Special Features:
- The Bad BonesBeBeDined on 8/16/2014Service & Food were Fantastic!! As always the service was exceptional. Our party size changed & we were easily accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food !GlassmanDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary at Bones. The bartender at the bar recommended a very nice wine for dinner from a huge selection of wines they stock. We had a very nice table in the back room and our server Jason took care of our every need. The filets were cooked perfectly and the hash browns are to die for. I have eaten here a number of times with customers but never with my wife. We both enjoyed the dinner and will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- ironjacketDined on 8/16/2014Excellent dining experience. Excellent food quality. Excellent servers & staff. Overall a 10 out of 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, though expensiveStanDined on 8/12/2014We ordered a petite fillet (8 oz.) which was prepared impeccably and was delicious. The baked potato side was huge and I liked how all the possible toppings (chives, butter, sour cream, cheese, bacon, etc.) were arranged in little containers around the potato so one could add whatever was desired. The asparagus was excellent as well, as was the very hot bread that came with the meal. The service was attentive and the restaurant had a fun atmosphere, with many pictures of people and buildings important in Atlanta's history all around. This restaurant has a high price to accompany its excellent quality, so I would recommend it for a special occasion. Also, unless you want to gain weight, plan to eat little that day before going!Special Features:
- Saved by KenFirstDined on 8/10/2014Our initial waiter, who I believe was a rookie, sucked. Ken, who's been there well over a decade if not two, saved us. If not for him and the rest of of his team, our night would have really sucked bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner62yeaDined on 8/10/2014Great place to celebrate a special occasion, food, staff, and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014A steak house like it used to be, and like it should be. I tried the mixed grill. It was all very good, but the lamb chops were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Places for a Nice DinnerLisa13Dined on 8/9/2014Great service, awesome wine list, and the steaks were amazing. Everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014A real Steak House that treats all guests with too notch service, sublime cuts of meat and just the right amount if attention without being obtrusive. Should be on everyone's list while in Atlanta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Celebrated a birthday here and they had the table decorated for us. So thoughtful and unexpected!Special Features:
- FrankieDined on 8/8/2014Always a great steak - best in Atlanta ! Terrific service & ambiance too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superbjudgerobertoDined on 8/6/2014Bones is the restaurant to visit on those special occasions that call for extra fine dining. The presentation always meets the highest expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The reviews do not lieixlr8VIPDined on 8/3/2014Meal: Onion soup, Caesar salad with anchovies (of course), bone-in, aged ribeye, lamb, and mushrooms. Bones is definitely, one of the best steak houses in Atlanta - it's an understatement that service is as much of a priority as the food itself. Aside from a few off-color jokes for a group of inebriated businessmen, the team that covered our table was on point; beverages always full, table routinely cleaned of crumbs and scraps, and pleasantries to boot. Bar area seemed like a perfect spot for a single cocktail and meal. Host was gracious and appreciative of our visit. Never say "well-done" in a steak house, so I'll substitute, "Superb!!"Special Features:
- Best place to Celebrate a Big WinJoshVIPDined on 8/3/2014After years of building up a small business, there was no other real option for a Classic Steakhouse Celebration after a big win. Top notch everything and impeccable service. Clubby and comfortable, like visiting an old friend after years away, I see us returning after each and every major victory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steak and serviceluv2dine321Dined on 8/2/2014My husband and I decided that we would try this restaurant while in Atlanta celebrating our anniversary. We were not disappointed. It's a bit pricey but I would certainly go again because of the quality of the steak and the superb service. It really did make for a very special celebration.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!magnoliaDined on 8/2/2014A fabulous birthday made even more fab by Bone's top notch service and attention to detail. From the birthday confetti on the table to greeting us by name to a wonderful dessert. The lobster bisque is truly the best I have ever had. Not one bad thing to say about this amazing restaurant or meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak around townGreatsteakhunterDined on 8/2/2014This is one of the best steak house on the east coast. Could not be happier with the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful way to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We planned a celebration for our daughter's 18th birthday at Bones. My uncle recommended calling ahead to tell them we were celebrating a birthday, which we did. They really made her feel very special, greeting her and congratulating her on her birthday. They put confetti on the table and after dinner even brought her a slice of ice cream cake. Overall, the service was excellent and of course the food was incredible. I spent most of the evening just watching our daughter savor the best steak she had ever eaten (and probably one of the best she will ever eat). It will certainly be a birthday celebration she will always remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meatDMG8Dined on 8/2/2014Best piece of meat I've had in 20 years, and I've eaten at all the major steak houses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones is over and over again great!JTaylorVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our anniversary dinner at Bones was once again great...the service was fantastic as usual, food was cooked to perfection, and they make it the best steak house in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Todd WGreatfood45Dined on 8/1/2014The food was absolutely fantastic and the service was wonderful. We had the petit filet and the lamb chops. Both where simply wonderful. Highly recommend Bones to all our friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best anniveraries ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. Their attention to detail was INCREDIBLE! This will definitely go down as "memorable". :)Special Features:
- Saltypergola528Dined on 7/29/2014All of the food came so close to being stellar if only it hadn't been over salted. Every single course - mine and my husband's - was over salted. Even their famous lobster bisque could have been the best soup I'd ever had. The flavor was there, but so was the salt. Service was stellar.Special Features:
- As always, the food was greatsteakmywayDined on 7/28/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my steak, done to perfection. Service attentive.Special Features: