3130 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4042372663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Lewis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Bones
Bones is an award winning Classic Steak and Seafood House. Our award-winning wine cellar has over 20,000 bottles and 2,000 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bones - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
421 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (343)notable wine list (227)romantic (204)fit for foodies (159)good for groups (117)neighborhood gem (86)great for lunch (49)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (40)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DissappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Service was very good and the setting comfortable and quiet. We ordered a very expensive steak for two. Unfortunately, it was presented totally under cooked. Medium rare plus was delivered with a cold red center. The wait staff returned it to the kitchen. Not sure what happened, but it was returned in about the same condition but looking much less presentable or appetizing. It was very flavorful, but still under cooked. The staff made the majority of the meal complimentary, which eased the disappointment with the evening. We made this reservation for a special occasion and had very high expectations. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the chef totally messed up the evening.Special Features:
- Best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Every year, my wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary at Bones -- we've never left disappointed. No matter what we order, the food is always wonderful, and the service is best-in-class. Even though we only eat there 1-2 times per year, they make us feel like regulars who eat there every week - everyone we interact with knows our name, what we're celebrating, etc. If you value quality & attention to detail, you can't go wrong at Bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones missed the markOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Been looking forward for along time to return to Bones in Buckhead. I left somewhat disappointed, the service, wine and salad were as expected, but my bone-in ribeye ($58) missed the mark. Too much fat and the meat was actually a little tough. I should sent it back but then my wife, who enjoyed her filet, who have had to eat without me. Honestly, for less than half the price the Cowboy Ribeye at Longhorns is better and the price includes salad and sides.Special Features:
- Out of TownerboysnightoutDined on 10/21/2014We had heard how great Bones is from multiple sources. We had a guest in and she selected Bones on a recommendation she had from New York! We were all impressed with choice steaks galore, worlds best baked potato, and fresh vegetables. Waiters are on the spot and knowledgeable about both Bones and Atlanta night life. We had no room for dessert, although they looked great as well. Comfortable and not rushed, gets a little loud as the downstairs fills up, but it's not too loud. It is expensive compared to our regular haunts, but SAVE UP-it is worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- George BachmanMeganDined on 10/19/2014If you look FABULOUS up in the Dictionary you will find Bones, not really but it should, as everything defined Fabulous from beginning to end. Will be back again soon and would lobe to taste test wet aged vs dried age side by side- hint, hint....Special Features:
- Good foodFoodProDined on 10/19/2014For the most part, I enjoyed my dining experience at Bones. There were 2 of us women in the party. The food was excellent, but I found our waiter to be somewhat annoying. As he interacted with us throughout the evening, he directed all his comments and conversation to one person only and hardly even acknowledged the other diner's presence. I found that extremely rude.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Everyone was very attentive and put a personal touch by using my name when speaking to me. The food and service were excellent, the valet brought my car out in record time. We would visit Bones again for other special occasions.Special Features:
- Bones's deserved quiet confidenceRoscoeWoodDined on 10/18/201420 years I've been wanting to dine at this iconic establishment. It was everything I expected. Simplicity. Relaxed but competent. Highly professional without being ism. And spot-on food. Wait staff shared the interest in great wines we brought, and gladly decanted. There's a reason why Bones has sustained its place at the top all these years.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentHighstakesDined on 10/18/2014There is nearly no way to go wrong with Bone's if you are looking for a traditional 5-star steakhouse. Lobster and crabcakes are also available. I have been a loyal customer for 35 years.Special Features:
- ExcellenceJayhawkDined on 10/16/2014Food, Service, and everything else topped off a 50th wedding anniversary in grand fashion. Thanks.Special Features:
- ExcellentAndyDined on 10/15/2014Once again, Bones delivered a wonderful dining experience. From food to wine to service, Bones is hard to beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2014Service and food are always impeccable. Best steak and lobster bisque in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Server was VERY knowledgeable about food AND wine! This was an outstanding meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakMosubangDined on 10/13/2014I love the old feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodFDSwDined on 10/13/2014Our server was a bit patronizing, but the food and the company overcame that hiccup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Safe boastMeatDined on 10/12/2014I ate there in 1993 Spent years bragging about it to my wife who is a steak fan a big fan Finally took her First bite of our steak for two, was all it took The wine list ...unbelievable Bones has no equalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special OccasionAndyVIPDined on 10/11/2014We used to live in Atlanta 12 years ago and Bones was excellent then. We were back in town to celebrate and I have to say Bones is as excellent today as it was 12 years ago. Superb service, wonderful food and just very very special. We love our Steak and we have experienced many excellent places to eat in the US, but this has to be number 1! To be this good for this long takes some very special leadership.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLuluDined on 10/11/2014Great steaks, sides, service, wine and mile high pie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. We were impressed!summertimeforeverDined on 10/11/2014We recently relocated to Atlanta from Kansas City, and have been searching for the ultimate steak since our arrival. We found it! The food was amazing, service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Save room for dessertDoglvr93Dined on 10/11/2014Filets were all prepared as ordered, and every bite was delicious. Our party of 4 shared the truffled mashed potatoes, corn soufflé, grilled asparagus and spicy Brussel sprouts - all were tasty. The mountain high dessert is definitely one you don't want to miss, but it is almost too much even for two to share! The timing of food delivery was just right, we were well taken care of, and not rushed. This was our second trip, and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Wasn't sure if dry aged porterhouse was supposed to be served at room temperatureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones offers SUPER beefDineoftenleaveHAPPYDined on 10/9/2014We were visiting Atlanta with our grown Seattle children. We chose Bones as our Steak night of the 3 evenings we were dining together. We loved every minute of our dining experience. The FABULOUS steaks, the Bones salad, delicious corn pudding,crispy hash browns and spicy Brussels sprouts were the BEST food we had in the big city. We can't wait to return. Derrick was a superb server. We agree,Bones is for sure the award winning steak restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Deserves the accoladesJSF22VIPDined on 10/9/2014An institution not resting on its laurels. Consistently excellent food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinner Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Bone's is a great place to have an effective and working business dinner. Bone's allows you to show you you feel about your customer's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in BuckheadGmanDined on 10/7/2014This is a must for all steak lovers. The service and food are among the best in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Some things don't need to change...MparkersdgVIPDined on 10/7/2014Bones continues to deliver great food with the classic American steak house ambiance as they have done for decades. I was one of three in our party to order the bone-in fillet & each was prepared differently, exactly as requested. The sides, particularly the mushrooms & onions Really complimented the steak. Top it off with a slice of pecan pie & you have a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak House in AtlantamisspickyDined on 10/7/2014I have traveled to many cities and Bones is still my top choice for a steak house. The salmon is also delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and service.NealeDined on 10/6/2014A wonderful restaurant with delicious food and service to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones how wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Everything was exceptional, the food the ambiance and the staff. There were many small touches that made the evening special, the free champagne to celebrate our anniversary and the small gift at the end. The steaks were cooked to perfection. I specifically enjoyed the mushrooms with my steak they were cooked to perfection with a great sauce. The meal arrived just as it should, the various courses weren't piled on top of each other there was just the right amount of time between courses. We will be dining at Bones again and not just for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Bones never disappoints, which is why it's our favorite spot in Atlanta. Unfortunately the last time we went, we had to sit next to the rudest, tackiest, most impossible to please table that kept asking for a "cowboy cut" not a bone-in (same thing). It was ridiculous. One lady sent her steak back 5! times for no real reason. BUT as always , the severs handled themselves impeccably. They never missed a beat, were completely professional and polite. While it's sad that some people refuse to have a good time, it's comforting to know the staff at Bones will always go above and beyond (even if you don't deserve it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR ANNIVERSARY/BIRTHDAYSandraDined on 10/5/2014We had dinner at Bones to celebrate our Anniversary and my Birthday! It was our first time here, being new to Atlanta. I googled best streak restaurants in Atlanta, and we selected Bones and we are very happy we did. Food was excellent, waiter was wonderful and all in all was a great time for us to celebrate. We will be back again soon. Loved it!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great Servicewildwilly912Dined on 10/4/2014The food and service was excellent from beginning to end. We were always attended to and was checked on frequently during our meal. It was my wife's bday, and the whole night was very special for her. The awesome cake they brought out at the end was very thoughtful. They also had a little gift for her to take home at the end. Couldn't of picked a better place to celebrate.Special Features:
- Bones DeliversJBATLDined on 10/4/2014My son and I dined for a joint birthday. Bones treated us like royalty. Ther service and food were impeccable. Bones is, to my mind, better than Sparks, Gibsons, Smith & Wollensky, Craftsteak, etc. why? The service. Attentive but not intrusive. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Customer Serviceluv2dineDined on 10/4/2014I celebrated my birthday here with my husband and friends for the first time. From the time of our arrival, customers service was excellent. The food was so good! From the appetizers to the entrée, every dish came to the table hot. They have a great wine selection which you can view from an ipad. They also surprised me with a cake. Thanks Bones for a making my birthday super special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014We were seated promptly - even though my reservation was incorrect. Very pleasant experience. Highly recommended - right down to the valet service.Special Features:
- Totally worth the money!tootyfruityDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding restaurant, absolutely recommend the filet mignon and truffle mashed potatoes. The mountain pie dessert was the best icecream cake Ive ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yep.C52kslDined on 10/3/2014If you want a perfect steak, just go to Bones. Everything was perfectly cooked, service was stellar. Definitely will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at Bones because we have always enjoyed the food and the wine. We were not disappointed. The service was superb and our waiter, Ken, helped to make it a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to take clientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014My client commented it was the best meal he ever had...Special Features:
- Manny is the ManPuddinDined on 9/30/2014This was my first trip to Bones and it was worth the wait. Our guide/waiter Manny was great at walking us through all of menu items and what made each one different and special. We were out for our 14th anniversary and Bones (esp. Manny) made the evening excellent. My wife had been hesitant about going there thinking that it would be stuffy, but she found it to be very UNpretentious and inviting. This is a very high end restaurant that makes you feel like you are a regular immediately. I definitely look forward to going back in the future. I can highly recommend the bone in filet, but really want to try the dry aged porterhouse next time. Once again, thanks to Manny for a great evening and all the extra touches that he did for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.