3130 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4042372663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Lewis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Bones
Bones is an award winning Classic Steak and Seafood House. Our award-winning wine cellar has over 20,000 bottles and 2,000 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bones - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
400 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (331)notable wine list (202)romantic (199)fit for foodies (135)good for groups (105)neighborhood gem (73)great for lunch (49)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (33)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Brian's da bomb! And food is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/20/2014The ambiance is A+, the food is A++, Brian is A+++... what more can you want, need or ask for from a well-known establishment? Puts that "other" steakhouse to shame!! LOVE BONESSpecial Features:
- Never Disappoints! PerfectATLFoodieDined on 9/19/2014Celebrated a family Birthday. Bone's as always provided impeccable service and food, but the team on this occasion was even better. Starting with the Host who extended Happy Birthday to the decorations on the table. Food of course was fantastic as was the service. Thank you Bone's for making our celebration a great one!Special Features:
- Great place for a celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014As always great food, great service, and they make you feel special at any celebration. Steaks are great and sides even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FeastDaveMVIPDined on 9/18/2014Superb steaks, generous side dishes, tasty salad, and Champagne = a fabulous feast. Add to that the attentive hostess, the pleasant waiter, and hardworking servers, and you have a memorable dinner. Granted, all of this comes at a premium price, but well worth it in my humble opinion.Special Features:
- Great lunch, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The folks at Bones worked quickly, were respectful of our time and the food was excellent. If I am ever back in Atlanta I plan on returning to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks alive!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014I had the mixed grill which was great. service and wine list are tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Brought my son to bones (his first visit) for his birthday. He said the bone in filet was possibly the best steak he had ever had. Thanks to all at Bones for a great evening.Special Features:
- GreatJbyrdDined on 9/13/2014It was great for our 6yr anniversary Dinner. Drinks and food were good. Nice spot. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!ScoutVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my first visit to Bones but it will not be my last. I hosted four guests for a birthday celebration and Bones made things special. The food was delicious and in places a little unexpected (for example, the giant onion rings). I recommend an order of these for your table--they are yummy. The service was prompt and professional, but upbeat. Our server made us feel that we were in good hands and we were going to have a great meal and a special evening, and we did.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!TarheelDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and excellent service. Perfect for a special occasion. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special for a birthday celebration. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!!Becky74Dined on 9/13/2014Hands down it was a wonderful dining experience. The food was cooked to perfection & the ambiance was warm & inviting. What really put the experience over the top is their attention to detail. Everyone remembered we were there celebrating a birthday. The table was decorated, the desert was compliments of bones & he was even given a little box of cookies shapes like bones. When celebrating a special day Bones will definitely be at the top of my listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Everrare2findDined on 9/12/2014Great top off to buddies golf trip to Atlanta. Rich decor like you were dropped into Manhattan. Bone-in Filet perfect in every way. Couldn't ask for more. Pricey but worth every penny.Special Features:
- Our evenings at BonesRhett19Dined on 9/11/2014We often go to Bones for special occasion dinners. The service is excellent, the food is excellent and they always remember our special occasion with congratulations. They seem genuinely interested in their diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++MorganDined on 9/10/2014Came here for our 3 year anniversary, and they comp-ed us two glasses of champagne. Just a wonderful thought and great gesture. The steaks were outrageously good and the truffle mashed potatoes are to die for. Overall 6/5 stars!Special Features:
- ServiceLopezDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding service especially by the bartenders !!!Special Features:
- Good food-bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/10/2014Stuck there for TWO hours after ordering apps, soup and salad. Waiter refilled my drink only twice the entire time! All food cooked to perfection. Lobster bisque is amazing.
- Good food but get a better tablereluctantDined on 9/9/2014Food and drinks were excellent. Sat downstairs at a table by the back bar looking into a hallway with an ice machine and servers coming and going. I expected a better atmosphere given its history and price point.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service!djjeVIPDined on 9/8/2014As always, dining at Bones was a wonderful experience. The food and the service is the best in Atlanta. It is pricey, but well worth it.Special Features:
- Continues to be AmazingJuliaWTVIPDined on 9/8/2014Haven't eaten at Bones in a couple of years. We went to celebrate our anniversary. The table was tucked away on the side so made it very cozy and nice. table decorations with confetti and ribbon. Our waiter Jamie and his group were amazing. They made our night special. we started with 1/2 order of onions rings with the bones sauce... So good.. for dinner I got the bone rib eye - cooked to perfection and my husband had the bone in filet. both extremely tender, taste amazing although I would have to say the bone in filet was just a bit better in my eyes. the sauted spinach very well done as well as the hashbrowns. and of course we ended up bring leftovers home. Also, in the ladies restroom, there is cloth towels not paper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant, bestgunslingorDined on 9/7/2014Unbelievably great! Virtually Absolute perfection... I've worked in restaurants my whole life, perfection is rarely a label I give. I would avoid going on a Sunday however, we did this for the first time last weekend. They weren't on there game do to the lack of business... still, even though they were not on the top of their game, they were exceptional.Special Features:
- Better Than ExpectedLovesmyfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Let's start with the food. Excellent steaks. But the evening was made perfect by the staff. Warm greeting at the door. Apology for being 10 minutes late with reservation. When seated, service was prompt friendly and helpful. Just a delightful waiter with an African accent. Could not have been more helpful or had a nicer spirit about him. Overall, just a great restaurant experience!Special Features:
- Manny is the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014Without question, Manny is the epitome of a professional server. His service is what makes the experience a desirable one.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceLovebuckheadrestaurantsDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time dining at Bones but it certainly won't be our last. The staff was so cordial and attentive. They were so welcoming from the moment we walked in. The steaks were out of this world. I do suggest making a reservation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had not been to Bones for many years, but the food was fantastic and the service was friendly and efficient. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the starters, side dishes and desserts were all amazing.Special Features:
- Absolutely Loved Our Experience!foodieDined on 9/6/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and the staff at Bones took excellent care of us! From the decorated table, to each staff member that passed passed by wishing us "Happy Anniversary" to the champagne celebration. It was all fabulous! The food was outstanding. Everything we ordered was the right taste, temperature, and was gorgeously presented. This tops the list as the best food we have ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was truly a marvelous eveningrphrichDined on 9/5/2014I was in awe the whole time, and the service and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Time Out in YearsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent experience! We had the best 20 year anniversary ever. Thanks Bones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standby never disappointsATLNativeDined on 9/3/2014Bones is a classic and has managed to evolve while maintaining the ambiance of "this is a club and you are our favorite member". Never fails to please even the pickiest clients, and is a safe choice for entertaining. That having been said, I'm a seafood person, not a meat person. Take my food assessment with a grain of salt if you go to Bones for what everyone else does: the steak. The seafood is generally overwrought --tasty, fresh, but too elaborate. Does Georgia trout really need crab stuffing and a heavy cream sauce? Not. Over the years the service at Bones seems to be showing some fray at the seams. I had to ask for a dark napkin, and we were witness to some hissing between the maître d' and a couple of waiters near our table.Special Features:
- Great food and excellent serviceRRReady2EatDined on 9/2/2014The food is delicious and the service is always top notch in a laid back surrounding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as always!PaulDined on 8/31/2014Brian is starting to become a part of the family. The service and staff are a cut above the rest. I challenge anyone to find a better meal in Atlanta. I have tried them all and Bones is simply the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!CitycatDined on 8/30/2014We would definitely return.... One of the best steakhouses!Special Features:
- Great steakhousetapressDined on 8/30/2014We were seated right away , service was great . Steaks and sides were perfect. And the ice cream cake was a perfect ending. One piece enough for 6 of usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food Great serviceImpressmeDined on 8/30/2014I took my girlfriend here for a birthday dinner. The service was outstanding. Mark, our server, was a cheerful, knowledgeable, polite older man. He made sure our experience was not rushed, and that we felt completely comfortable with our selections. Service IS half the battle of dining, and Bone's succeeded here. The ambiance was great. An old fashioned feel executed well from the black and whites on the walls to the attire of the wait staff. The food was all excellent, top notch flavor and style. Only negative was the starter bread. It is a single loaf that must be torn apart by hand/ It makes a mess and feels silly. Really, it should be diced beforehand. Not enough to take away from a great experience! Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raised the Bar...DramaLlamaDined on 8/29/2014Every detail was noticed and attended too. The service was spot on. The food was amazing. The atmosphere was private and relaxing. Paying top dollar for a meal is a rarity for me, but it was worth it at Bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!MimiDined on 8/29/2014Absolutely delicious. Every time I've been here I've never been disappointed. High end restaurant for a special occasion or nice night out with your special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Padded BillBamaFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I love this restaurant. Great atmosphere and food. Wait staff was very friendly until the end of our dining experience. Our head waiter added two bottles of wine to our check that we did not order, nor receive. One was $113 and the other $71. I understand that accidents happen, but we could not get him to come back to our table after he dropped off the check. We stopped another waiter and he promptly took care of it. When we finally got our waiter's attention (by walking toward him) he did apologize stating it was a mix up because we changed our original selection and he forgot to take the first one off of the bill. He did not mention the $113 bottle at all. Bottom line: I would eat there again. Food really is fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingnikinbfoodieDined on 8/28/2014I originally booked a table but we ended up sitting at the bar. Started with the smoked salmon appetizer, tasted wonderful! Bartenders were extremely knowledgeable on both drinks and food. Mark was fantastic! I couldn't decide between two dishes, and he put in a special request and gave me a half portion of both. Had the scallops and the foie gras ; both were beautiful and absolutely delicious! ! Great knowledge of wine as well. 😃😀 **On a side note, my companion may have gotten sick from the seafood platter appetizer. I tried his shrimp, but did not have the crab or lobster....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014the service was beyond reproach...the food exceptional.Special Features:
- bonesfanDined on 8/27/2014Bones is, in my opinion, one of the top restaurants in the United States. It is certainly the best restaurant in Atlanta. The food is superb, the ambiance wonderful, and the service is the best. One sip of water, and someone is refilling. I cannot throw enough superlatives at you about Bones.Special Features:
- RkmBobbyDined on 8/27/2014Great service food was terrific. Only negative is the proverbiale have a drink wait for the table but the bar service was terrific. Very personable staff. Favorite Atlanta restaurant. Try the veal chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.