3130 Piedmont Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 237-2663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Leonard Lewis
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
A word from Bones
Bones is an award winning Classic Steak and Seafood House. Our award-winning wine cellar has over 20,000 bottles and 2,000 selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bones - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Bones reviews from OpenTable diners
445 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (354)notable wine list (235)romantic (203)fit for foodies (188)good for groups (134)neighborhood gem (96)hot spot (54)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (43)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Classic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2014We have dined Bones several times and it continues to be our favorite high end eatery. Steaks were perfect, sides were tasty and plentiful and desserts were a wonderful cap to a very nice evening, Service was attentive but not overwhelming. definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Memorable Anniversary ExperienceElvis56Dined on 11/17/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary here and could not have been treated better. The waitstaff wished us a happy anniversary. Our table was appropriately decorated. The cold seafood "tower", consisting of king crab, lobster and shrimp was not overpriced at $28pp. A luscious spinach salad was divided between us. Our bone in rib-eyes were served medium well, just as we had requested and the sides of corn pudding and grilled asparagus could not have been better. We were given a complimentary dessert of their signature ice cream pie, and an excellent coffee service was a fitting finale. Without wine, our bill was about $230 plus tip, but it was worth it. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularHurricaneDined on 11/15/2014Bones is THE best place to have a steak. Crusty on the outside pink on the inside. The service is wonderful. The sides are perfection. This is a super choice for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unparalleled excellenceKatMHDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is superb on every level, from the staff, to the ambiance to the service and especially the food. In a class of its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No sizzle with this steakJakeDined on 11/15/2014While a nice restaurant, Bones didn't live up to its hype for our party of 6 first time patrons. The atmosphere was very pleasant, the steaks were very good, but not our best, the sides were warm and the service disappointing. We found ourselves waiting for the server to reappear and we felt ignored. We were 3 couples of empty nesters and dine out often, maybe this was an off night.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJAMADined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary at Bones. The experience was great. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. I would like to thank everyone at Bones for making our first time at Bones an enjoyable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/15/2014The restaurant is just ok. Old school but no charm. The menu is uninspiring, most likely the same for the last 30 years. The food is just ok, but not worth the price. Some dishes extremely salty. The service was just ok but did not try to engage with us or care much. I don't mind expensive meals if the food justifies the price. But it didn't. Food was just fine, not good or great. I would not come back here because it's just not worth it. We did not feel welcome and will not be returning to this place.
- AmazingFoodiemarktrVIPDined on 11/14/2014I work for a large restaurant group in New Orleans and my job is revolves around restaurants. I must say this place knows what to do and have mastered it. There service is best I have ever seen in my travels around the world. The food was spot on! Keep it up next time I come to Atlanta you will be #1 on my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday Dinner2bbudgetdDined on 11/14/2014We celebrated our son's 21st birthday. The Staff was excellent. The food was wonderful. Truly a great dining experience. The table was decorated because of the special occasion and the staff went over and above to make our evening special. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth it.mhobtrDined on 11/14/2014Steak and lamb were perfect. Pheasant sausage was dry and disappointing. If not for the sausage, I would have given 5 stars for food. Service was excellent. Extensive wine list but overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, Consistent, ConsistentDiner59Dined on 11/14/2014Another great experience at what I consider the BEST steakhouse in America. I have been a guest at Bones many times since the early 80's and have always enjoyed fabulous meals, attentive yet unobtrusive service, and a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. This is an establishment that belongs on every steak lovers bucket list and should be shared with family and friends. It is a great special occasion destination or, as was this visit, a good reason to introduce a fine steakhouse to my next generation. She loved it and so will you. We are already planning our next visit. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy BTW, the Grit Fritters are a MUST HAVE for any true southerner. They are a tribute to the potential of a simple southern food tradition, I cannot recommend them enough...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but pricey!BirthdayRuinedDined on 11/14/2014As usual, Bones delivers great food and service at a higher that most price. If we hadn't recieved a birthday gift card for $150 (still cost us another $75), we wouldn't have gone due to Bones's traditional stratosphereic prices. Don't get me wrong, Bones is still one of my favorite steaks in Atlanta, and the service is fantastic. However, no cut of meat, hand rubbed or otherwise seasoned is worth their prices. Sadly, Bones will remain a "once in a blue moon" outing for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteakWow25VIPDined on 11/12/2014Best steak I have had in a long time. Sides were fantastic. Could do with some sauces on the side to really push it over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Treat!KWinAtlantaDined on 11/12/2014Every staff member was unfailingly polite and genuinely happy to do whatever he or she could to make our dining experience as pleasing as possible. We ordered the rib-eye and the lamb chops and both entrees were superb. Great finish with the bread pudding and pecan pie. Although pricey, the experience was worth it and the food is superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime beef without equalLorettoDined on 11/11/2014My filet was the most delicious piece of beef I have ever tasted. Cooked and seasoned to perfection, the filet was extraordinarily tender. Absolutely delicious. My visit was a birthday occasion. BONES decorated the table with bits of ribbons and soarkles (very subtle) and comped our dinner with the most amazing slice of birthday cake. The cake was layers of ice cream, cake, nuts and a drizzle of creme de menthe, an awesome confection.Special Features:
- What we expectedCouplesniteoutDined on 11/10/2014Beef. Great beef. Excellent sides of broccoli, mushrooms and potatoes.Special Features:
- FantasticGeorgiaBitSlingerDined on 11/8/2014The food was perfect as usual. The wait staff treats you like a dear old friend. I've been to most of the top rated steak houses in the Atlanta area. For me, there is no competition. Bones is clearly the best.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We were very disappointed that the host and reservations desk knew it was our anniversary, yet they sat us downstairs in a crowded and loud room. It was clearly the dumping ground for others celebrating because I watched several servers carry off used balloon bouquets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantMrsBemanDined on 11/8/2014Bones is my favorite place to eat! The food is delicous, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is just lovely. I have been eating here for special occasions for 15 years, and each time is an unforgettable experience. Bones is timeless. The best of the best. 100 A++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Bones about BonesRdpryceDined on 11/8/2014I took my daughters out for an evening of dinner and recreation as we were visiting Atlanta from New York. What can I say--the appetizers--lobster bisque and the crab and shrimp dish was exquisite. The Entree--NY steak was mouth-watering and my daughter could not stop raving about it! My eldest daughter had the trout/sole which was flaky and sweet. She also thoroughly enjoyed it. I had the crab cakes and we shared the mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach. I have never heard or seen my girls love spinach so much! My compliments to the chef for an awesome meal and an experience we will never forget. P.S. The bread basket is a large loaf which is warm and flaky like a croissant and also delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationcperryDined on 11/8/2014We walk away completely satisfied....from the wine ( 40th anniversary Cab from Camus that was quite the bargain) to terrific salads, steaks and sides....and the celebration desert, we couldn't ask for more! Service was perfect - non-obtrusive but absolutely attentive. Bones, thanks for a great meal and celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Redrobin1Redrobin1Dined on 11/7/2014My brother, his wife and I celebrated my birthday! What a great evening! We are all foodies (brother and wife own several restaurants) and we have very high expectations about the food we eat. Thanks to Bones staff for a great celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the chartsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2014This is really an exceptional restaurant. We are not from Atlanta and the traffic was unbelievable. I called ahead to say we would be a little late and there was no problem. Our wait staff was exceptional and the wine list; what a list! on an I-pad no less. We were impressed! We had lobster ( not what you come to a steak house for) but that is what my wife wanted and it was very good. The sides are served for all and we had asparagus which was perfect. The entire meal was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Excellent as always. Best steakhouse in Atlanta - hands down. Service is as good as the steaksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday DinnerWrayaDined on 11/4/2014Th e occasion was my wife's birthday. From the moment we entered Bones everyone was wishing her a happy birthday. The table had been festively decorated with a birthday theme and the complimentary desert was truly outstanding. It was the finest filet I had ever eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delish!Seeshel143Dined on 11/3/2014I frequent Bones for business lunches and dinners. I am always pleased with everything! I especially love how they remember me upon my arrival and how they thank me for my business and tell me they look forward to seeing me next time. The grit fritters are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceEpicureanVIPDined on 11/2/2014As usual, we had a great meal at Bones. We always find the service and the food to be consistently outstanding. We also enjoy the music from the juke box, which is enjoyable without being too loud.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Expensive though, but justified for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it! Even for a vegan!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014We had a fantastic experience the other night. Super friendly people. Lovely table in a wine cellar with low but not dim lighting. The service was perfect. The food was wonderful. They also know how to serve a vegan. I had delicious veggies and potatoes. It's expensive but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 11/1/2014The filet mignon is consistently outstanding! This time, one of us ordered the NY strip and it was tough--very unusual in all of our times at BonesSpecial Features:
- 32nd Anniversary CelebrationFaye55Dined on 10/31/2014Above and beyond. The staff of Bone's went above and beyond what we expected, helping us to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary. The service was outstanding. The staff appropriately decorated a quiet table near the wine cellar for our anniversary. We both had the crab stuffed trout. It was prepared with perfection. We shared a light piece of cheesecake for dessert. We also received complimentary champagne and cookies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRickeDined on 10/31/2014Though pricey Bones was all it was built up to be. Great food and great service. I will return next time I am in Atlanta.Special Features:
- bonesjohnnnyVIPDined on 10/31/2014Bones was awesome. Their service was nice. two serving team where one was very friendly and other we didnt meet too much but was good. But their steak's hadn't gotten better. it was good but probably not worth coming back for it again. and $98.Special Features:
- Bones was a HomerunEat2muchDined on 10/31/2014The experience was wonderful. My wife is a steak lover and Bones did not let her down. The bone in Ribeye was superb and cooked to perfection. My seared scallops were so tasty. We were celebrating our 25th and now we can't wait to celebrate something else there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagementRockyroad70Dined on 10/30/2014I first dined at Bones a couple of years ago. Although, I live about three hours from Atlanta, I make it a point to dine here whenever I am in town. I had been planning to ask my girlfriend to marry me, and decided that the ideal location was Bones, since we were going to be here to celebrate Georgia Tech homecoming with some old friends. Could not have picked a better location to ask the woman I love if she would marry me. The good new is she said "Yes".Special Features:
- bobbyearllovesbonesDined on 10/30/2014The food is excellent, a little expensive, but certainly worth it if you can afford it. The service is the best in the city. The drinks and steaks are cooked to perfection and taste better than any steak in Atlanta. I wish I could afford to eat there once a week but I can't. Total bill for two with three drinks was $268, including tip. But well worth it for the overhaul experience.Special Features:
- Bone's for lunchMartyDined on 10/30/2014I have eaten dinner at Bone's many times and the food has always been excellent. Now, I have started going there for lunch when I want to meet special friends. The service is always amazing and there is a nice variety of items to choose from on the lunch menu. Thanks for making Bone's always one of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Consistent and Top NotchFRossVIPDined on 10/30/2014Bones is one of the two or three top steak houses in Atlanta as far as food goes. What sets them apart is their acoustics. You can carry on a comfortable conversation even at their busiest times. I highly recommend Bones as a fine restaurant you can always count on and your guest will truly appreciate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bones is the best!UnagibeastVIPDined on 10/29/2014I have been dining at Bones for several years and have always been impressed with their great food, impeccable customer service, gracious manner and attention to detail, which begins with the valet parking guys, extends through the Maitre D, and to the servers. They work hard to accommodate individual requests and are fabulous at making special occasions, well, special. On your first visit to Bones, you have to try the lobster bisque, the bones salad, a ribeye or veal chop (the best I've ever had), and any of their fabulous sides. I can't properly express my high regard for Bones, but suffice it to say, it's among my top five favorite restaurants and will always be at the top of my list for a great dining experience in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Bones; perfect spot to entertainJanJDined on 10/28/2014The food and service always live up to expectations. One of my favorites to entertain when in Atlanta. Steaks are always perfectly done to what was asked, which is not always the case at some other well know steak houses. The foie gras is an excellent choice and the waiter pared it with a wonderful sauternes. The carpaccio on a wafer thin crust is another awesome choice of appetizer. On this occassion, those I brought were from Japan. The staff were patient and very helpful with their orders. Perfect is high praise but they earn it.Special Features: