Bonefish Grill - Algonquin
1604 South Randall Road
Algonquin, IL 60102Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Bonefish Grill - Algonquin
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bonefishgrill.com/
- Phone: 8476589268
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bonefish Grill - Algonquin
Bonefish Grill is a warm and welcoming establishment that specializes in market-fresh fish from all over the world. Our fish is prepared over a wood burning grill to ensure a tasty, even flavor. Bonefish Grill invites you to pair your fish with an original sauce or topping made from delicious ingredients such as crab, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, lobster, and the list goes on. The lively bar atmosphere is not to be missed either, with over 12 specialty martinis, it’s hard to find anything about the Bonefish Grill that isn’t downright perfect!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bonefish Grill - Algonquin reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mothers' Day ExperienceJES3Dined on 5/12/2013Bonefish needs to do a better job of managing its reservations on special occasion days. Although our meal was up to Bonefish's usual good standards, we had to wait 20 minutes beyond our 5:15 p.m. reservation time to be seated, and we had to flag down a greeter to get cutlery and napkins (she initially told us that they were in the process of folding napkins, but "found" two moments later). The restaurant was packed and they'd obviously overbooked their reservations. Further, it did not appear that management was attempting to move groups out that had completed their meals. In the future, we'll avoid Bonefish on special days like Mothers' Day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the first time we'vehappydinerDined on 5/12/2013This was the first time we've gone to Bonefish Grill. My family loved it. The food & service was excellent! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom enjoyed her dinnerjamisek720Dined on 5/12/2013I spent Mother's Day with Mom at Bonefish Grill and we all enjoyed our meal. What keeps me returning is the consistency of the food quality and great service. The wait staff is attentive but doesn't hover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever in Bonefish Algonquin,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2013Ever in Bonefish Algonquin, request Molly as your server!
- We had an outstanding evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013We had an outstanding evening. We were seated a few minutes before our scheduled time on a Friday night. Our waitress, Mary, was extremely helpful. Service was wonderful all evening. My swordfish was so fresh and my wife's shrimp and scallops entree was equally delicious. We even had key lime pie, shared, for dessert which was also tasty. Total tab with drinks was $70. That included bang bang shrimp appetizer which is a MUST.Special Features:
- We really like Bonefish. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We really like Bonefish. Service is always good and if the steak is too rare, they will take care of it to your satisfaction. If for some reason they would close their doors, it's one of the very few restaurants that I would truly miss.Special Features:
- Noisey w. inattentive, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Food was great. Had the Waygu Beef dumpling appetizer. Nice and spicey. Service was really slow. We went early to beat the mob and were seated at a booth next to a group of around 20. We had the same server as the group and I knew it was not going to end well. We placed our appetizer order and waited forever wishing the whole time our server had warned us that she was handling the group next to us. She should have taken our entrée order at the same time. The appetizer was very spicey and my GF immediately ordered a diet coke which never came. We finally grabbed a busboy who got her drink immediately. It took almost an hour and a half for one appetizer and two entrees. Noise level was deafening.Special Features:
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We had a great experience at Bone Fish. The drinks were great and the Seabass was awesome.Special Features:
- The wolffish was excellent.GhostDined on 4/13/2013The wolffish was excellent. We also had at our table the spare ribs which were unbelievably tender, falling off the bone.Special Features:
- We love Bonefish and receivedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013We love Bonefish and received a gift card to use there for this trip which made it even better! My monkfish was delicious but my husband's short ribs weren't as tender and fall-off-the-bone as advertised....he was dissapointed.Special Features:
- Loved the Seafood Sampler Specialrobie1118VIPDined on 4/7/2013We all had the Sampler Special which was Salmon, Tuna, Shrimp/Scallop, and one other that I don't recall. This included a salad, a vegetable, and any side. It was delicious!!!I also had a Blood Orange Pomelo which was Tequila based and YUMMMY!!!It was quiet because it was a Sunday evening, but we sat in a booth and had a great time.Special Features:
- LOVE this location ... JennaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2013LOVE this location ... Jenna is the BEST waitress EVER. We've not seen her in a few months and she remembered EVERYTHING about how we order ... the special touches mean so much!Special Features:
- Great place to have a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Great place to have a nice dinner with the family. My husband and I enjoyed great food off the regular menu while our daughter enjoyed the great selection off the children's menu. A great dinner was had by allSpecial Features:
- Sea Bass YUMbleecarnesDined on 3/27/2013I've had several dishes here, but I always return to the Sea Bass. It is buttery and melts in your mouth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfull Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Whenever we dine out at Bonefish Grill, the service is bar none. The staff is always attentive to your needs and very knowledgable on whats on the menu. We would highly reccommand Bonefish to all our friends and anyone who would like an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013We try to have a Wednesday night bang bang shrimp girl night atleast once a month. When ever one of us tries something new, we all get to taste. We love ordering several desserts and sharing. I wish the music was turned down a little just to make it easier to talk at the table with friends. Other than that, it's a favorite place for girls night out. I am sorry to hear that they are not going to be on open tables list in the future.Special Features:
- We went on "bang bang Wednesday"SherryDVIPDined on 3/13/2013We went on "bang bang Wednesday" - bang bang shrimp is $5. We asked for it extra spicy. Our server was very friendly and very efficient. Fish dishes were very good and worth the price.Special Features:
- Get reservations on weekendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013We had reservations at 7:15pm and were seated within five minutes of that. Restaurant was very crowded with people waiting. I had asked for a quieter location and while the table we were directed too was in the bar area, we were offered to wait for a less noisy one. We opted to take the table in the bar and we found we could carry on a conversation in spite of the noise. Food (all four of us had various fish dishes) was excellent and server was prompt and helpful. We would go back again and would recommend it.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/2/2013Have been here twice and have to say the seafood is top notch. I would put up the sea bass against a high end place like Shaw's any day! It still blows my mind this is a chain restaurant. Both meals were just as consistent. Very reasonably priced. Be sure to try the coconut pie for desert, it's incredible!Special Features:
- Wants to be upscale but falls shortRichardSDined on 3/1/2013Food was good, not great. I would never order a steak there again, too tough for a filet and not sure the size / portion was appropriate for what was noted. Fish looked good / fair for the price point. Drinks were good. I thought the brown curled paper on the cloth table tops was cheesy at best and more in line with a dive bar-b-que joint which detracted from the upscale ambiance I think they were going for in this establishment. Though I visited on a high volume day, I think the specials on low volume days were a good deal as well as the drink menu for those days.Special Features:
- Get food in a comfortableOverwhelmedVIPDined on 2/22/2013Get food in a comfortable setting and their service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Another memorable dining event!SusipieDined on 2/22/2013We are lucky enough to have a Bonefish Grill in our neighborhood. Every time we dine there it's a special occasion; even if there really isn't one. The food is fresh and unique. There's always something new to try as well as our favorite fare. This establishment goes the extra mile; the bread plates are heated, the salad plates are chilled and they have black napkins for guests with dark slacks to avoid lint. You can't beat it!Special Features:
- The food and drinks were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food and drinks were very good, the only thing was that the place was a bit noisy for my taste and crowded, but i would return again since the food and service was good
- Busy and Noisy, ovetaxed wait staffrobie1118VIPDined on 2/15/2013We went for the Friday after Valentine's Day. We expected it to be busy AND This is going to sound snarky, but... A booth was available that would seat 4 or more which I would have preferred, but I assumed it was being saved for a larger group so I didn't ask for the booth. We were seated at a small table for 2 which was surrounded by other tables, and was definitely not very romantic. My husband is 6'4" and I'm quite tall myself, so it was a bit cramped. WHEN they seated a couple at the larger table only minutes after we were seated, I was disappointed. The server was stretched and I understand how busy it must have been for her. She was very slow getting our order, our drinks, and our appetizer.Special Features:
- Made reservation for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Made reservation for Valentines Day. Expected chaos due to the holiday. Despite the bar and and dining area filled to capacity, the bar service was prompt as was the wait staff and meal delivery. Excellent Lobster Rangoon for appetizers and the joint meals of steak and salmon were top notch. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- We had very good food andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We had very good food and a very nice atmosphere. Very pleasantly surprised and it didn't cost an arm and a leg.Special Features:
- I Love bonefish, but the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013I Love bonefish, but the table they gave us was horrible!!!! They should remove the tables right as you walk in, horrible to be in the middle of how people have to walk in!!!
- Bonefish Grill Doesn't DisappointJackP99Dined on 2/14/2013The food and service has been excellent each time we have dined at BFG. The salmon last week was superb.Special Features:
- Food was great but not abundant.djmichDined on 2/14/2013Food was great but not abundant. Our waiter could of been much better. Seemed inexperienced but friendly.Special Features:
- What I like about BonefishOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/1/2013What I like about Bonefish is it is always predictably good. I'm never disappointed. Their white cranberry cosmo was excellent!Special Features:
- We had been a regular customerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013We had been a regular customer for a number of years.Prior to this visit we had not been there in about six months and we were astounded at the decline in service, food quality and portion. The dinner cost more than previous visits and the food was put on smaller plates to make the smaller portions less noticeable. The server was barely competent and this was early in the evening not due to peak hours. He was in attentive and inept. We specifically asked him at the end of the meal when we ordered coffee to make sure it was fresh. Even in the past when the food was still good there was a tendency to serve old coffee. He brought a cup and said I don't know how old this is if its not good I can throw it out. Again. In the past t
- We have always enjoyed eatingStevenDined on 2/1/2013We have always enjoyed eating at Bonefish Grill. The servers are always knowledgeable and seem to enjoy their job. The pace of the meal was comfortable, but when we finished, we had only been there about 40 minutes for the whole meal. Our appetizers (bang-bang shrimp - an signature dish), salads (feta & beet) and entrées (haddock) were all excellent, and reasonably portioned. This time, we were seated in the bar, and it was a Friday evening, so there was more of a crowd, the music seemed louder and the two televisions provided visual "noise" so it was noisier than we prefer. We'll know to ask next time to be seated in the area away from the bar (a wall separates this seating area it from the bar).Special Features:
- Everyone from greetings atOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/25/2013Everyone from greetings at the door, seating and wait staff has always been exceptional. We only recently found out about Bonefish but have been making it a habit of returning quite often. We have never had a bad experience and enjoy our visit everytime.Special Features:
- I think I may have had a newLadyDiVIPDined on 1/23/2013I think I may have had a new server since I've been here many times, and never disappointed with the service. So I think it was just an exception. The food was good and the wine selection is far better than average. It's one of my favorite places, so I'll return again.
- A Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013Date Night. We showed up a few minutes prior to our reservation and, despite the place being a zoo (it's always busy) they had the table ready within moments of our reservation time. Our table staff was exceptional - aside from the recommendation of lobster rangoon - which - I would not recommend... The Bang-Bang Shrimp is always a pleaser and despite their name, create consistently delightful filet mignon. Their Ahi Tuni is always seared perfectly and their drinks are always generous!Special Features:
- Good but small portionsSherryDVIPDined on 1/9/2013Went to try the Bang Bang Shrimp everyone talks about. It was "bang bang Wednesday" which means it was $5. Maybe different locations prepare the shrimp more/less spicy, but we were disappointed. The sauce tasted like mayo with a bit of sirachi or chili sauce mixed in... not spicy at all. Husband had wolf fish and I had a mahi special (covered in lobster in a sherry cream sauce).The fish was delicious, but didn't need such extravagant toppings. Also, the portions seemed small. Side dish of spaghetti squash was delicious, but there wasn't much of it. I would say the fish portions were maybe 4-5 oz which seemed small for the price. Ambiance was nice, though.. romantic lighting.
- Fabulous food and service.GIgiDined on 1/4/2013Fabulous food and service. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- There is a lot of emphasisJohnDined on 1/2/2013There is a lot of emphasis put on the bar. This is a busy place especially on the weekends. We thought the food was good but not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast Food?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012We had 10:15 reservations and were informed that the kitchen was closing at 10:30.
- AS always Bonefish doesn'tBaileyDined on 12/31/2012AS always Bonefish doesn't disappoint. We had reservations for 7pm on NYE and they were timely in seating us and because my party had someone who uses a walker, they were very accomodating in giving us a nice table. Food was great and service was great!!Special Features: