6 Bond Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bondstrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127772500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 6:00pm -11:30pm; Lounge Hours: Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - midnight, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shigeru Mikami & Marc Spitzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Broadway & Lafayette St.
- Public Transit: Subway: 6 train to Bleecker Street, R/W train to Prince Street or 8th Street, B/D/F/V train to Broadway Lafayette.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on Bond St. and Lafayette St. Monday through Friday after 6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday without restrictions. A parking garage/lot is available on the corner of Bond St. and Lafayette St. A parking lot is available on the corner of Great Jones St. and Lafayette St.
A word from BONDST
BONDST, located in NoHo, is a trendy downtown restaurant with a warm minimalist interior design. The cuisine is new Japanese with European and Asian influences. BONDST is Citysearch's 2007 and 2008 audience award winner for Best Sushi in NYC, as well as the 2008 audience award winner for Best Martini in NYC.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
BONDST - Best Restaurants in NoHo ›
BONDST reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (48)romantic (44)hot spot (35)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (29)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great romantic sexy placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014First: the ambience is super sexy Many hotties in this restaurant Second: food is pretty good Highlights are tuna crispy rice and sea bassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014It was a great restaurant. The service and food is exceptional. But our dinner (and others) was disturbed by an obnoxiously loud and drunk table of twoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The experience at BondSt was excellent. I wish their was just a little but more light so you could see what your were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced but delicious!Tifflin194VIPDined on 8/17/2014If money is no issue, then BONDST is a great option for sushi and izakaya. Our favorites were the tuna tarts, crispy shrimp, miso glazed cod, lobster risotto, and lychee panna cotta. Everything was delicious, but portion sizes are small for some dishes, which was disappointing given the prices. Our server was very helpful and good-natured, which added to the great ambiance of the restaurant. Overall we loved it and were glad we went!Special Features:
- Finest Omakase Tasting CourseShermanDined on 8/16/2014Frequent diner at this establishment when visiting NYC, Very fresh and excellent sushi and sashimi choices for you to choose or like me, go straight to Omakase. Big eye tuna Tart is a MUST!Special Features:
- good food - awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014From the second we walked in - from the hostess that didn't smile to the waitress that had the need to rush our meal - the service was unacceptable. We are not going for a $20 meal - we were rushed and given a roll of the eyes when asked for more time. Never again
- Great for Gluten Free Diners!MGGinNYCVIPDined on 8/11/2014Amazing food and great service! I went there with a group of 4 people and everyone loved it. Despite having a mixed group (one of us doesn't eat sushi and I have celiac) everyone loved the meal. They even had a gluten free menu and gluten free soy sauce which really made my night! I would totally recommend this to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sway from sushi entreparesiDined on 7/24/2014Way too expensive for what you get. Drinks are a joke.
- most creative fresh and yummy sushihaliandldDined on 7/22/2014The best Sushi rolls in the world plus the most tasty creative dipping sauces. Bond St never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dateElieDined on 7/19/2014The food was amazing. The ambience like we just discovered a secret that we just can't keep. The service was very attentive though impersonal, which is ok. A fancier place where you can still dress down some but impressive enough to wear a three piece suit to as well. Overall great experience. A little pricy but can't argue with the results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodcyberjackDined on 7/11/2014Used a zagat smartbox card here for 4 shared courses between 2 people. 1) salad, tuna tart, and spicy tuna crispy rice. 2) seabass and rock shrimp 3) 2 sushi rolls and 6 pc sashimi. 5) chocolate lava cake with ice cream scoop. More than enough food for 2 and it was delicious. Nice cozy interior, but needs more lighting. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKevinVIPDined on 7/8/2014Excellent Food - the sushi rolls melt in your mouth. The fish is fresh and delicious. The prices are cheap for the quality of sushi! The only down side was how close the tables were jammed together, the venue is a bit small, but it has a lovely charm to it over all! The drinks were a bit pricey (Tried the Asian Pear Spritzer), but I would go here for the sushi.Special Features:
- Quite lovely!britgirlVIPDined on 7/1/2014I had heard a lot about BONDST, to some extent this made me not want to go I thought it would be style over substance. However, it was worth the wait and I can say that it was a surprisingly enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend the jalapeno scallop roll from the sushi menu and I would suggest trying salmon. The salmon was beautifully cooked and has strong flavor. The setting of BONDST is simple and to a high standard. On the whole a good experience.Special Features:
- Once in a whileBalto1910Dined on 6/25/2014Once in a while it is nice to spend some $$$ and eat very good quality sushi. Bond St with it's atmosphere provides a very nice ambiance. Though anything but a true Japanese restaurant, the sushi is of quality and delivered in a fast and courteous manner. A very attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bond stgds22VIPDined on 6/8/2014We had a really good meal.. Service was great.. We had one person with us with serious food allergies and our server made sure that everything we ordered was appropriate.. Would definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York City FavoriteovishunterDined on 6/7/2014My daughter and I absolutely LOVE this place. Everything is perfect. The broiled sea bass is ambrosia, my daughter says it should be on the dessert list. We come here twice ever time I come to New York City, only because three times in a week might be a bit weird . ambiance is like a very cool foreign movie with romance and a bit of mystery or you can sit near the sushi bar for all the way live excitement and energy. What more need I say.Special Features:
- Good food, bad serviceLovesushiDined on 6/6/2014The food here was amazing. Some of the best sushi I've ever had. When I first saw the menu I wasn't to thrilled with it, but I was blown away when we got our dishes. The crispy rice with tuna is the best I've ever eaten. The only thing that really dampened our experience was our waitress. She was not friendly at all, but instead seemed annoyed almost and was very short with us. Our bus boy was actually very friendly and we talked to him much more than our waitress as she was not very attentive at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good again!ovishunterDined on 6/4/2014Now if they will let me have all cherry bond St. donuts I'll be really, really happy. Marvelous place, food. Love it!Special Features:
- Simply AwesomeSuzeVIPDined on 5/23/2014First came to BondSt many years ago based on a clients' choice. This is my 3rd time, but last time was likely 10 years ago! Came for long weekend to NYC with my family. My niece -- who bases her opinions on sushi based on more "basic" vs. specialty rolls -- thought it was outstanding. My sister-in-law declared it the best sushi she'd ever had. Very accommodating with our Sake choice (e.g. tastes). Can't wait to come back -- and not wait 10 years!Special Features:
- okdpatriDined on 5/21/2014We ate here five times. Sushi is average. For this amount of money go eat sushi somewhere elsw. If we ever go back it won't be for sushi. We only go there because our friends like it. Not sure why. It's a cool spot to be in, but if you just want to be seen there go grab a drink.at the bar. Our drinks were the tastiest thing we had there.Special Features:
- Bond St. a FaveStephanieDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I seem to celebrate every special occasion at Bond St. The food is fantastic...the lobster rolls and tuna pizza are amazing. Service is top notch and the drinks are also excellent. We love the fresh ginger ale with whiskey. It's a must try. Pricey, but so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!foodie11Dined on 5/16/2014We had the best meal here -- it was a perfect date night in the city! We were only visiting for two nights, and we almost went back the second night! The pizza sushimi is a must-have appetizer. Everything we ordered was fantastic, and the service was superb. We will be back again one day!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014I have been here twice before and I love it so much that I will continue coming back. The food is delicious and fresh. I am never disappointed when I leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overpricedrickieDined on 5/10/2014The food was amazing but the bill was absolutely crazy! More expensive than NOBU and the food is pretty much the same. Nobu has more choices actually. So while this is a great restaurant, the prices are just ridiculous and you can get the same food and service and atmosphere for a lot less at Nobu!Special Features:
- Amazing!AmazingDined on 5/6/2014So consistent time after time! Truly amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreauthenticdiningDined on 5/6/2014I heard from a friend that this is a very good Japanese place. I was skeptical at first since I know Japanese food in Japan. The selection of fishes was above average, but better they lacked any seasonal Japanese fish. The negitoro maki had a slight fishy smell and taste, which I give a poor rating. The tuna was average us small bodied bland variety. The hamachi, scallop, uni, and lobster sashimi were good and fresh. All in all average for a Asian fusion joint and I'll try a real Japanese next time.Special Features:
- The following 903 reviews are from the BONDST reviews archive.
- Trendy sushi placefoodie11VIPDined on 5/2/2014I had a a very nice dinner with friends at BONDST. The food is really good. It also has a very nice ambiance, trendy but still intimate. I would recommend it for a nice weekend dinner or a date.Special Features:
- great service and foodBigmaBrooklynDined on 5/2/2014a little too dark...can't see menu or fod very well, but tasted greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good sushi,terrible waitressNYFoodieDined on 4/23/2014I took a date there last night and we dined on the 2nd floor. The busboys were very polite, the staff who brings out the food each time and describes everything on the plate to you were very pleasant and professional & maitre d. The sushi was good (should be a lot better at the price tag they put it on it). Our waitress was not pleasant at all. My date and I noticed it right away. I don't remember her smiling once the entire evening. Almost every time she came it felt pretty awkward (like she was conducting serious business with us every time). I also felt rushed; after I signed the check and we were still nibbling on the dessert plate between us, she thought it was a good idea to steer BTW us and remove the plate. expected betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodLaurenDined on 4/19/2014The food was very good and worth the price. One thing that bugged me was the waitress tried to up sell us on every drink/dish we ordered. Pretty tacky given the reputation of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageCBNYCVIPDined on 4/18/2014Service outweighs everything, dining area and ambiance is just okay. Food is just okay as well, wine list limiting. Wouldn't go back or get a craving for anything here. Very non-descript.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014Even after 10hrs in a plane, (not in the best frame of mind :-) ) we thoroughly enjoyed our outing, although being a bit on the tired side we found the noise level got a bit hit high occasionally, but that was just others enjoying themselves too. The food was superb, with great recommends from the staff, the table service was brilliant.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/11/2014Ive been there before and it has great food, we went just for sushi and i think their main courses might be more special. The waiter definitely was rushing us and wasn't very kind.Special Features:
- Great restaurant but expensiveMichDined on 4/11/2014The small sharing plates were delicious....lobster roll, chicken dumplings, crispy shrimp were absolutely delicious! My husband asked for a whiskey and he was told to order a $32 glass. That was crazy. I would definitely oh back but do not need to order entrees as we were full after all of the yummy appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DetailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014Everything was great at BondSt but the only thing I asked for in advance was to have the dessert (which we never normally order) be brought out with a candle as a surprise for the special occasion. The team forgot and it was a big disappointment to an otherwise good experience that could have been phenomenal.Special Features:
- Cool place with selected foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014I like Asian food so for me it was a great pleasure. I have discovered the some new plates and everything was very tasty. The service was also perfect, quick and very gentle, so no complaining at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the service was veryCTgirlDined on 3/29/2014Overall the service was very good, but sometimes the servers would remove the food before we were even done. We felt rushed and also it wasn't appreciated that they didn't ask before they removed our items. Perhaps many people waste food at an establishment like this, but not us. The food and drinks do not disappoint. And it's filled with beautiful people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food-Too loudMdrezDined on 3/26/2014As usual the food and service was great. I hadn't been to Bond Street in a while. I forgot how loud the place is. I was there on business and we could barely hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceJoCookDined on 3/25/2014A co-worker was leaving my group and i wanted to take her to a special place. I knew she would love the food and the atmosphere and we were not disappointed. Our table was ready when we arrived and the the rest of the evening was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a fav. Now won't return.Studify19VIPDined on 3/20/2014I never, & I mean never write reviews. This is honestly my first. I have been going to BONDST for years, & it used to be "go-to" for me. Whether it would be for a client dinner, a good meal with friends, a light dinner and drinks - whatever the occasion, I knew, I would get a good meal out of BONDST. I recently went back (after about a 6 month hiatus), on 3/20, for a client dinner. After many good apps, we were served our Omakase entree. This is where the meal went south.. The fish was so fishy, it was stringy, and just terrible to eat. When we told the server, we were given a non-apologetic apology, and were asked if we wanted to order something different. We did, and we were still charged. I will never return to BONDST.Special Features: