6 Bond Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bondstrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 777-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Monday & Tuesday: 6:00pm - 10:30pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm -11:30pm
Lounge Hours: Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - midnight, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Shigeru Mikami & Marc Spitzer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Cross Street: Broadway & Lafayette St.
- Public Transit: Subway: 6 train to Bleecker Street, R/W train to Prince Street or 8th Street, B/D/F/V train to Broadway Lafayette.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available on Bond St. and Lafayette St. Monday through Friday after 6:00pm and Saturday and Sunday without restrictions. A parking garage/lot is available on the corner of Bond St. and Lafayette St. A parking lot is available on the corner of Great Jones St. and Lafayette St.
A word from BONDST
BONDST, located in NoHo, is a trendy downtown restaurant with a warm minimalist interior design. The cuisine is new Japanese with European and Asian influences. BONDST is Citysearch's 2007 and 2008 audience award winner for Best Sushi in NYC, as well as the 2008 audience award winner for Best Martini in NYC.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
BONDST - Best Restaurants in NoHo ›
BONDST reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)hot spot (61)special occasion (55)romantic (49)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- TFallDonDined on 11/22/2014Recently moved to NYC and Bond st is by far our favorite restaurant Excellent service and yummy food! The staff clearly love working there which made our experience that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newtoDISHDined on 11/15/2014Was able to make last minute reservations here last weekend. We had early reservations (6pm) which is early by New York standards, but definitely worth it. We mostly had the place to ourselves with amazing service. Left around 9pm when it was packed, but our service and food was amazing. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misunderstanding aside, A 10!i81u812Dined on 11/13/2014The food is outstanding. The waitress and servers are perfect: personable, warm, attentive and fast. The only gripe I had was when we were seated I asked the hostess if we could sit at a booth where the 3 of us could sit together on the same side and pointed to an empty table that would accommodate us. She said that table was reserved but asked if we wanted to sit upstairs. I assumed this meant at a table that met my request. After all 3 of us got up and walked upstairs we were surprised to be shown to a table exactly the same as what we asked to switch from. Very annoying but I'll chalk that up as a misunderstanding. After that everything was a 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Food is good but seevice was one of the worst ive ever had and this is coming from somebody thats in the hospitality business
- subtle and romantic spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Fabulous place for a romantic and quiet date, good for groups too, very dim light, candles only, modern style and very entrepreneurial Japanese food, not traditional Japanese food, complimentary edamaeSpecial Features:
- The noise was deafening !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014everything was wonderful except the noise level...I will not return only because of that..Special Features:
- DCbound33Dined on 10/31/2014The Tuna Tart appetizer is maybe one of the best individual dishes I have ever eaten. The rest of meal was very good but not great for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousChappaqua5423VIPDined on 10/28/2014Terrific Asian food -- very creative. Duck confit salad and pork belly were the hits of the night along with chicken dumplings and delicious tuna sashimi. Start the meal with hot towels and edamame beans on the house from the incredibly attentive wait staff. We had them keep the menu on the table and just kept ordering. Close to the Public Theate.Special Features:
- some of the best sushi in townDiningKingVIPDined on 10/27/2014Great food and service as always. Delightful presentation, pleasing to the eye prior to the palate. Excellent sashimi, fresh tasty and delectable. Hot dishes meticulously prepared. Love this place going on 8 yearsSpecial Features:
- Our GOTO fav a little off the tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/24/2014Expecting the usual great service and food, was a little disappointed in this outing on a few levels. We were there early and not too busy, yet service was a bit slow. The crispy rice, one of the favorites of the group of 7, was soggy and even when returned to to have it crispened, still lacked the usual consistency. Just an off night I guess. Will return in hopes for the top notch food for next time as this is one of our favorite spots.I would recommend this to a friend.
- still an exceptional experiencecurtmanDined on 10/24/2014despite it's long run the food and vibe still exist at bond st. excellent fresh sushi and unique appetizers make for a fine dining experience. bring your wallet though, not a cheap eveningSpecial Features:
- AverageGSinghDined on 10/24/2014Average food, good service, high prices. We paid $250 for 3 apps, 1 roll and 1 entree. Also had 4 drinks. Including tax/tip it came out to that much. For the amount of food, and quality/wow factor - it was not worth it. I'd recommend going to Catch in meatpacking or one of the new sushi hotspots.
- Love this placesammyjDined on 10/23/2014Food and service are fantastic!!!! I love coming to Bond St has amazing food amazing ambiance and amazing drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrive together if you want to sitFoodiefromtheburbsVIPDined on 10/22/2014Although once seated the experience was pleasant enough, the first impression made by the restaurant was terrible. They have a policy of not seating incomplete parties, and despite the fact that there were only one or two other occupied tables, they would not seat my wife until I arrived (I arrived 5 minutes after she did as I was parking the car). Quite honestly, when I met her outside the restaurant (their signage is not the best) and she explained what had happened, we almost went elsewhere. We were under a time constraint (seeing a show at the Public) and not only could she not order and start enjoying a drink at the table, she couldn't order one for me, further delaying the start of our meal. Won't rush back.Special Features:
- Great Experience!ErikTDined on 10/20/2014This is a very hipp place with great food and good service! Quite expensive!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014I know that I was early... but children? I will do anything to avoid beige sat next to them and I had not one but TWO tables of children with crayons.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad pretentiousgattoVIPDined on 10/15/2014Despite the precious menu assortment of $22-30 sushi piece delicacies, the food is not special, even if it was flown in this morning. I had a mediocre chef's tasting of sashimi with a not particularly fresh toro scallion roll. Prior to that a couple non-memorable apps. I knew I was in trouble when our pleasant waitress began her pitch by explaining everything as if I had never eaten rice. She was good though, the cocktails were good and the dimly lit sultry room was filled with well dressed attractive people. That's gotta add at least 40% to the bill.Special Features:
- WOW Again!Nick757Dined on 10/13/2014Again a great dining experience!Very good Sushi - amazing dishes!Special Features:
- Great foodYPadVIPDined on 10/3/2014we ordered the braised short ribs, which is very good. I also like the pasta. But the sushi is not very impressive.Special Features:
- Love it hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014This is probably one of my favorite reatyarants in NYC for just about any occassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar tenderJulieVIPDined on 9/25/2014Tom the bar tender is by far the best lychee martini maker in NYC. He always is willing to share his new drink experimentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date dinner spotCocoCDined on 9/19/2014went here for a birthday date dinner and it was perfect ...perfect portions and the waitress was helpful in bringing a birthday cake surprise out. great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding over pricedmt9livesVIPDined on 9/10/2014Outstanding over priced Not I Typical sushi restaurantSpecial Features:
- One of my "go to" restaurants.babsbee72Dined on 9/5/2014BONDST never fails to deliver high quality, innovative dishes. Our top three appetizer favorites: Big Eye Tuna Tart, Red Snapper Tacos and Tuna Crispy Rice are the perfect precursor to a guaranteed mouth-watering main course, with climax achieved by the Mochi Ice Cream which is served in just the right size portions. The lychee martinis serve as the lubricant of choice for a positively delectable culinary experience. Even when the services is mediocre, it's better than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too crowded and uncomfortablehannahDined on 9/1/2014The service and the food was totally amazing but the tables were too close to have private conversations. It was really uncomfortable because the place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic sexy placeJenlovegeeDined on 8/29/2014First: the ambience is super sexy Many hotties in this restaurant Second: food is pretty good Highlights are tuna crispy rice and sea bassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Omakase EVER!WilliamNYCDined on 8/29/2014I regularly dine at great NYC restaurants each week for either personal, or business reasons. Therefore, I've established my own "curated" list of preferred spots; BondSt remained a top favorite. However, after my meal on Friday night, I feel obligated to debut my first public restaurant review. I was celebrating a birthday, and my company had never experienced true Omakase. I raved about my experiences at Gari, Seki, Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare, etc. Now, I had been to BondSt 2x's previously, and had amazing sushi. However, this omakase was the absolute WORST. I advised the waiter on what to omit, and we received fish that was far from fresh (every piece was "fishy"), stuffed w/ wasabi (requested none), & bland. Not worth $265.Special Features:
- Great!Love2eatDined on 8/28/2014It was a great restaurant. The service and food is exceptional. But our dinner (and others) was disturbed by an obnoxiously loud and drunk table of twoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014The experience at BondSt was excellent. I wish their was just a little but more light so you could see what your were eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love this place...foodiefanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Get the Big Eye tuna tart appetizer. It is memorable. The snapper tacos are also great. Several great main courses too.Special Features:
- Overpriced but delicious!Tifflin194VIPDined on 8/17/2014If money is no issue, then BONDST is a great option for sushi and izakaya. Our favorites were the tuna tarts, crispy shrimp, miso glazed cod, lobster risotto, and lychee panna cotta. Everything was delicious, but portion sizes are small for some dishes, which was disappointing given the prices. Our server was very helpful and good-natured, which added to the great ambiance of the restaurant. Overall we loved it and were glad we went!Special Features:
- Finest Omakase Tasting CourseShermanVIPDined on 8/16/2014Frequent diner at this establishment when visiting NYC, Very fresh and excellent sushi and sashimi choices for you to choose or like me, go straight to Omakase. Big eye tuna Tart is a MUST!Special Features:
- good food - awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014From the second we walked in - from the hostess that didn't smile to the waitress that had the need to rush our meal - the service was unacceptable. We are not going for a $20 meal - we were rushed and given a roll of the eyes when asked for more time. Never again
- Great for Gluten Free Diners!MGGinNYCVIPDined on 8/11/2014Amazing food and great service! I went there with a group of 4 people and everyone loved it. Despite having a mixed group (one of us doesn't eat sushi and I have celiac) everyone loved the meal. They even had a gluten free menu and gluten free soy sauce which really made my night! I would totally recommend this to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsNytitanVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food was excellent. Drink service slightly slow. Sea bass skewers great. Would like to have the ability to have it as an appetizer similar to the barSpecial Features:
- The following 925 reviews are from the BONDST reviews archive.
- Don't sway from sushi entreparesiDined on 7/24/2014Way too expensive for what you get. Drinks are a joke.
- most creative fresh and yummy sushihaliandldDined on 7/22/2014The best Sushi rolls in the world plus the most tasty creative dipping sauces. Bond St never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dateElieDined on 7/19/2014The food was amazing. The ambience like we just discovered a secret that we just can't keep. The service was very attentive though impersonal, which is ok. A fancier place where you can still dress down some but impressive enough to wear a three piece suit to as well. Overall great experience. A little pricy but can't argue with the results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodcyberjackDined on 7/11/2014Used a zagat smartbox card here for 4 shared courses between 2 people. 1) salad, tuna tart, and spicy tuna crispy rice. 2) seabass and rock shrimp 3) 2 sushi rolls and 6 pc sashimi. 5) chocolate lava cake with ice cream scoop. More than enough food for 2 and it was delicious. Nice cozy interior, but needs more lighting. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodKevinVIPDined on 7/8/2014Excellent Food - the sushi rolls melt in your mouth. The fish is fresh and delicious. The prices are cheap for the quality of sushi! The only down side was how close the tables were jammed together, the venue is a bit small, but it has a lovely charm to it over all! The drinks were a bit pricey (Tried the Asian Pear Spritzer), but I would go here for the sushi.Special Features: