Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bondircambridge.com/
- Phone: 6176610009x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Bond
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Tuesdays are set aside for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Vicky Hong 617-661-0009x
- Special Events: Please see the Events page on our website:
- Cross Street: Columbia Street
- Public Transit: MBTA
- Redline Train to Central Square
- #68 Bus
Bike racks available in front of restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please see the Directions & Parking page on our website:
A word from Bondir Cambridge
Bondir, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a cozy, farm-house style restaurant with 26 seats and a small fireplace salon. The menus showcase the pastoral and marine bounty of our New England region and offer a finely curated selection of American and European wines and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bondir Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Bondir Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (76)romantic (63)neighborhood gem (57)notable wine list (22)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- GeoffDined on 8/10/2014Small number of tables, but excellent attentive, informed service. Menu was carefully created to achieve a highly balanced, beautiful experience with fine dining. Not inexpensive, however, but worth the money. Wine list could use some expansion in California reds and whites, but more than adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!luvgreatfoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014small venue with great warmth and charm. food was great - a culinary experience with instructions of the ingredients/food by friendly wait staff. we initially had booked a later reservation (nothing else available), but we were called with an earlier time after a cancellation. looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Excellent though not for the hungryOliverTwistDined on 8/3/2014This is our second or third visit to the lovely Bondir and we like everything about the restaurant except the almost hilariously small portions. The food is beautiful and exquisitely arranged but I don't understand why the main courses have to be quite so sparse. Would it cost very much to add a few potatoes or rice or .... But perhaps people with hearty appetites don't deserve such beautiful food? Or perhaps it would somehow spoil the ambience to provide enough to eat? Bondir is certainly not alone in this regard. Many posh restaurants in Boston seem to assume that their patrons will, as my husband sometimes does, stop for something to eat before or after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BONIRMEMSDINNINGDined on 8/2/2014It may be small in space, but huge in atmosphere and menu: The chef presents a virtual canvas of delight, and the tasting are such a treat. My favorite special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bondir ExperienceBostonDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed Bondir - felt the food was delicious, if a bit "precious", as well as small portions, while being on the expensive side. The service was good, but our waiter was a touch arrogant.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceDesertdiverDined on 7/26/2014Ate here with several friends on Saturday night. It was a wonderful experience. The food was delicious. It was creative without being ostentatious. The wine list was varied and reasonably well-priced. The wait staff was outstanding. Look forward to going back and have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic -- again!SpinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We cannot say enough good things about Bondir Cambridge. The food is outstanding and the staff courteous and professional. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Attention paid to everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding -- a place for foodies. The dishes were beautifully presented, and every dish was created with care. The flavors were complex, subtle, fresh-- sometimes it was like eating art.Special Features:
- Remarkable ExperienceRonaldDined on 7/21/2014We had a great dinner at Bondir. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was very quiet, almost like we were alone in the restaurant. A great experience!Special Features:
- Great Local FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Fantastic local fine dining. A memorable meal for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!GatunaDined on 7/16/2014Great ambiance, delicious food plate after plate and wonderful service!!!! Thanks for a perfect dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFeedMeDined on 7/14/2014Went for the food and found it to be very disappointing. I know they change their menu frequently, but I couldn't help but feel they would be better off developing a few outstanding dishes and keeping them on the menu (at least for a season). Some the courses ranged from bland, flavors that did not go well together, or just plain bad. One course consisted of mackerel and potatoes. I typically don't like mackerel (and discovered I still don't), but the potatoes seemed like just plain boiled potato chunks. Just not an inspiring meal and felt it was a waste, especially given the cost. Also felt the service was not very good. We walked in the door and got a look from the hostess that said, "what do you want"?
- Excellent food and serviceThoughtfulReviewerDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed their four course prix fixe dinner. The restaurant is very small and reminiscent of a little French bistro. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LileDined on 6/30/2014The food was really amazing. We could feel that the Chef pays great importance to the choice and quality of the products. The doneness of every single vegetable, meat piece or seafood was close to perfection. Vibrant tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingWillowDined on 6/29/2014The level of sophistication on the plate here is quite stunning. Every course is prepared with infinite attention to detail and quality. The flavors are complex and often surprising. This is combined with a very casual ambience and service that is very professional and yet friendly and warm at the same time. Highly recommended if you're interested in surprising your palate every now and again.Special Features:
- Charming & delightfullovelytableDined on 6/26/2014A sweet little spot, intimate & unique... from the menu to the atmosphere. My husband & I adored it for our anniversary. And the food was delicious. xSpecial Features:
- One of few best meals of my lifeSteveLanielDined on 6/25/2014My girlfriend and I went here for a special meal just before she moves to Baltimore for a year, so we wanted something really special; Bondir did not disappoint. We're vegetarian, and Bondir was happy to accommodate us. Altogether this was one of the most special meals we've ever had, and it lived up to all our expectations. Including a lovely prix-fixe meal, two glasses of wine and one glass of prosecco, and tax and tip, the bill came to about $115 per person -- worth every penny.Special Features:
- A gematmosphericVIPDined on 6/23/2014Jason Bond makes food into poetry: beautiful and a joy to consume. We especially appreciated his willingness to make vegetarian dishes which were well prepared and presented, not an afterthought, or even grudging as some upscale chefs are unfortunately prone to do.Special Features:
- Amazing foodEtingOutDined on 6/22/2014Each bite is a new experience. Prepare to be surprised by the combination of foods here...they're all good!Special Features:
- Overall goodCantabrigianVIPDined on 6/18/2014Had the 4 course prixie fixe menu. Overall food was great, except the duck was so tough as to be inedible...told the waitress, who offered "do you want something instead", but 3 courses in and one still to come, just taking it off the bill would have been fine.Special Features:
- Wanted to be amazedthunderbeastVIPDined on 6/15/2014Overall, Bondir is an excellent restaurant, but I was hoping to be bowled over. If I were writing this review on ambiance, service, and plating, it would be a 5 star review, no question. My girlfriend described it as fairy dining, and I think that accurately captures the delicate, whimsical charm of the restaurant. But for me, it's all about the food, and while each of my 3 courses was good, none was great. The shaved asparagus salad was fresh and balanced, the flavors in the celeriac tartine were rich and warm, and the duck was solid but not memorable. If you are looking for inventive twist on French cooking, look no further, but I was looking for something else.Special Features:
- Local, yes. Going back, no.Foodie333Dined on 6/11/2014OK funky local food restaurant. Did not meet expectations. Clearly overrated and has been.Special Features:
- AwesomelittlemisspiggieDined on 6/6/2014I took my partner to Bondir for her birthday and it exceeded my expectations. I'm a foodie, so that's saying something. It may very well have been the best meal I've ever had and I've eaten my way through most of Europe.Special Features:
- If you haven't tried it, do!TimothyDined on 6/6/2014Very comfortable ambience, extremely creative cuisine, the nicest wait staff I've encountered in a long time. If you want high end taste, without all the stuffiness, you have to try Bondir. They were absolutely terrific accommodating vegetarian preferences and an allergy without compromising taste even one little bit. There were even a few off-menu culinary surprises along the way that were delightful. The wine list was loaded with French gems that match up with the food. You should try it but wait a few weeks so we can back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky ChicDiningIsDivineDined on 5/21/2014That is how I would describe Bondir. The service was excellent, and the food was generally very good. The amuse-bouches were a bit fussy, but the entrées were lovely, for the most part. We chose the prix fixe menu, but I wish there had been a wine pairing as well. The food is elegantly plated, and the ambience is unpretentious. My only real complaint is that we were the first party for the evening and the second party to arrive was seated directly next to us, in very close quarters. For such a small restaurant, it seemed unnecessary to stack park us, as it were.Special Features:
- Outstanding!BgirlDined on 5/18/2014One of the great meals of the past year. So glad I finally got a table in here. Have been hearing the raves and now I see the light - it really does exceed all expectations. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Not enough flavorKipMcSkipsterDined on 5/16/2014My dining companion and I ate here for dinner the other night. There is a fine line between subtle and not enough flavor, and unfortunately Bondir generally crossed the line to the latter. Super fresh ingredients, house-made sodas, and pleasant space were the pluses. A little too precious with the service (borderline "Portlandia" level waiter, if you catch my reference). Food in general lacked "oomph", lacked surprises. Modest portions and quite pricey.Special Features:
- Fun for foodies and businessmenNotapplicable11Dined on 5/14/2014Really wonderful service and an awesome farm-to-table menu. Really enjoyed our experience and would love to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious over pricedWellfleet71Dined on 5/9/2014Bondir feels like you have stepped into an episode of Portlandia. The waitress was so serious about the food it was hard not to laugh. The portions were fine sized but the food all tasted odd. There were so many ingredients in everything- it was clear they were just trying so hard. There was shrimp bread with seaweed for example. There are so many better examples of fresh American food like Craigie on Main I would not waste your money here.
- Too much food flare & too pricey.Birchie7Dined on 5/8/2014Prix fixe, 1st visit. Each dish, including the amuse bouches, had too much going on & too many ingredients, resulting in some muddy tastes. It's too pricey for that. Otherwise, we enjoyed the evening in a perfect atmosphere with attentive (though not hovering) service & easy conversation. My suggestion: simplify somewhat.
- Charming and deliciousBlueishnessDined on 5/5/2014Everything was awesome- charming details- tiny vases with single blossoms that were added and relocated, and free little bites of creatively composed morsels, Service was so thoughtful and the setting quiet and lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SpinnerVIPDined on 5/3/2014In addition to the magnificent food, the service at Bondir is extraordinary. Not just friendly, but professional and classy.Special Features:
- Excellent!imnotquitejackDined on 5/2/2014My girlfriend and I enjoyed the simple presentation of elaborate foods with excellent variety and masterful preparation. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT DINING EXPERIENCEneighborhoodfoodieDined on 5/1/2014Celebrated graduation at Bondir with two college students. We all loved the food, the friendliness of the staff, and the chance to try out a number of different dishes. Everything was delicious, and unusual. Great place for a celebration or for any other reason to have a terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique food experienceBerkeleyTravelDined on 4/25/2014We tried the tasting menu which turned out to be a great idea. Each plate was a tasting menu in itself with many different flavors from the different ingredients. Each bite was to be savored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 316 reviews are from the Bondir Cambridge reviews archive.
- Very quiet and quaintExcellantDined on 4/19/2014Bondir was very good. A small and intimate restaurant which is good for no more than a group of four. I would recommend this place to anyone. We enjoyed the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealRalphDined on 4/13/2014I was dubious about dining at Bondir after reading some reviews. I can say without reservation that dinner was a total pleasure. The food is spectacular, the service impeccable. Staff was helpful and professional. We both had the pre fix. Every dish was incredible. We enjoyed the subtle many layered tastes of the turnip salad. We raved about the rotini with duck leg & the cheese tart. The incredibly tender, strip loin was perfect. The amuse bouche, soup & the yummy bread were perfect little tastes. The only course we weren't thrilled by were the desserts which we found "herby" and not sweet enough, but still interesting. Each portion was more than ample and 4 courses was almost too much food. A delightful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly amazing and inventive cuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2014We save Bondir for our special occasions and have never been disappointed. The food is a bit like going to a museum or a fine concert. There are such fine and interesting notes and one thinks about it and savors it. For us, this sets a very celebratory, special tone, that is conducive to an intimate, engaged evening.Special Features:
- FantasticpoopDined on 4/4/2014We're kind of screwed here in Boston, and this place eases the pain. Vegetable-heavy preparations, everything properly seasoned and well-textured. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensivePierasassaDined on 4/4/2014All ingredients were fresh and good quality . The final dishes though were a little disappointing and overpriced. Wine list very goodSpecial Features: