Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bondircambridge.com/
- Phone: 6176610009x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Bond
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Tuesdays are set aside for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Grande 617-661-0009x
- Special Events: Please see the Events page on our website:
- Cross Street: Columbia Street
- Public Transit: MBTA
- Redline Train to Central Square
- #68 Bus
Bike racks available in front of restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please see the Directions & Parking page on our website:
A word from Bondir Cambridge
Bondir, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a cozy, farm-house style restaurant with 26 seats and a small fireplace salon. The menus showcase the pastoral and marine bounty of our New England region and offer a finely curated selection of American and European wines and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bondir Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Bondir Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)romantic (68)special occasion (68)neighborhood gem (58)notable wine list (24)hot spot (5)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We had dinner at Bondir last Friday. The service was knowledgeable but also very friendly and down to earth. We loved the warm atmosphere. The food was delicious, and well-timed. A beautifully curated menu from wine to dessert. My only complaint (which is really not a complaint) is that I was so full that I could not finish my main course and did not have room for dessert. The portions were a bit too large for me, but I am also very small. I would have preferred an option of not ordering the full four courses so as to not waste food.Special Features:
- French in CambridgeNapafanaticDined on 10/17/2014Creative interpretation of farm to table ingredients with a French twist.Special Features:
- Not up to the hypedatenighteatingVIPDined on 10/16/2014I was looking forward to this meal as I had read a number of reviews about the restaurant. However, I was quite disappointed. The food was good, not great, but it was way overpriced. I'm happy to spend money on a great meal, but this one left me feeling ripped off. It's not up to the hype at all. I won't be back or recommend it to anyone.
- Local and exotic, in oneAshleyDined on 10/13/2014Great locavore-ish restaurant. Playful and delicious; I had never had smoked beets before, and they were unusual and delicious. Two amuse bouches were a surprise and a delight. Dessert was creative and superb.Special Features:
- Bondir aims to impressmllocavoreDined on 10/10/2014Bondir aims to impress with its imaginative plates and attentive service. The combinations of ingredients and foods expand the boundaries, usually with success, but not always. For example, the Artichoke Barigoule, with Spelt Berry, Burrata, and Charred Lemon, was delicious, but the bread with shrimp ink tasted simply like a good wheat bread. The buttermilk and thyme ice cream was creamy and flavorful, but the acorn squash flavor was heavy, had an indistinguishable flavor, and had an unappealing texture. Nonetheless, we enjoyed the foods we ordered and the small plates that were brought in between. (We had the prix fixe menu). The ambiance was charming, and the service attentive without being overly so. Perfect for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014We did the prix fixe. Everything was beautifully plated. Server was excellent and attentive. The ingredients combos were interesting. The first and second courses and dessert were fantastic. Critiques: the starter breads were dense/heavy - would have preferred lighter breads; the third course/mains were served a tad rarer than we would have liked. That said, overall, it was a memorable dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014Have been wanting to try Bondir for many years but was sadly disappointed. While the entrees had been thoroughly planned, the ingredients were smothered and over-salted or spiced. The one exception was the mushroom crepe dish--I finished the plate feeling like I had eaten a mouthful of forest floor, the woodsy smoke filled my senses and lingered. Loved it but could imagine lots of folks who wouldn't enjoy Also what's up with the caveman plates???Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!pianoxcapeDined on 9/29/2014The food was exquisite. A little pricey - definitely a "special" dining night out. Wine list was OK. My Bordeaux had some sediment and should have been decanted. The food is truly exceptional in every way. Waiter was very attentive and professional. Wonderful, romantic ambience - rustic, yet clean and organized. A VERY memorable meal...Special Features:
- Great food as alwayspickycustomerDined on 9/29/2014The food was superb and the service attentive. It is a very small place and not easy to get into, but always well worth the effort.Special Features:
- HikerRDDined on 9/27/2014Pleasant in every way, from the greeting of the staff through the dessert! The bread was divine, the courses well paced and executed. Comfortably full between the wine and the food and the bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something has changed- disappointedspecialmealsDined on 9/26/2014This was my 5th visit to Bondir, and unlike the other times, when we had fabulous food, we were completely underwhelmed. The menu items did not seem as interesting and the flavorings were not exciting. The food was fine, just not great as in the past. The service was still very good. I don't know if this was just an off night, but sadly I won't be recommending this any more.
- lovely and eclecticnefeliDined on 9/25/2014I dined at Bondir on a Thursday evening. The food was delicious and the ambiance transported me to the south of France. But perhaps what surprised me the most was the quality and warmth of the service. A true gem in the heart of Cambridge!Special Features:
- Top shelfClaytonDined on 9/25/2014Everything was prepared with tremendous creativity. Many extremely concentrated flavors, and some adventurous combinations. Personally, a few of the flavors were almost too perfume-like for me, but this is not a criticism -- it was brilliant. Music was not obtrusive and was in the chill/hipster/semi-techno/slightly generic category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favourite restaurant ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Amazingly fresh ingredients plated artistically. Absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat your way into fall with BondirLauraNDined on 9/21/2014We went to Bondir on the first night of fall-- and it was simply wonderful (tons of root vegetables taken to the next level!). I've only ever ordered the prixe fixe here-- and I suggest you do the same because everything is simply spectacular. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable, the plating is gorgeous, and nothing on the plate ever disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, Quaint and Romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Bondir is a neighborhood gem full of delicious and unique food pairings. The tasting menu was an excellent way to celebrate a special occasion. The food and atmosphere made this an absolutely delightful and unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find in CambridgeDoctorWho1VIPDined on 9/19/2014I was fortunate to discover Bondir Cambridge Friday night - it could not have been more perfect - perfectly executed dishes, attentive and extremely informed wait staff - and the atmosphere was quiet, soothing, very conducive to conversation. The duck leg was perhaps the finest I can remember tasting anywhere; the halibut cheeks were likewise perfect. It is a small, intimate space, but well worth the journey. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningBonnieDined on 9/19/2014We arrived early and there was a nice area to wait while enjoying a glass of wine. The food was excellent and server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not great valueDingbatDined on 9/17/2014Unfortunately, our date night at Bondir was a bit rushed, because the toddler we left at home with his grandmother decided to throw a fit. Despite that, we still managed to enjoy our late dinner before hurrying out without dessert. My wife (a vegetarian) had the burrata and mushroom duxelle appetizers, while I had the duck pansotti (or ravioli, for those like me who aren't fluent in Italian cuisine) appetizer and the poached salmon entree. All of the dishes were very good, but they didn't quite reach the level of excellence that I would expect for the prices they charge. Since we went at 8:30 on a Thursday night, we could've done better by going to Journeyman and getting their "Four for Forty" special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant restraintjr2204VIPDined on 9/15/2014Bondir doesn't seek to knock you out but goes for finely focused flavors. Some may find the result too restrained; but the cooking is always well considered and well executed, with very good wines and helpful service.Special Features:
- Gem!neighborDined on 9/13/2014You don't need to drive to Bondir Concord when Cambridge Bondir is still here! Menu as excellent and thoughtful as always. Hope they continue with the cucumber sorbet and the buttermilk lovage ice cream..Special Features:
- Cozy and creativeartINSURDined on 9/11/2014Bondir changes its menu daily depending on what looked good that day at the market, so mentioning specific dishes is mostly pointless. Portions are not large so you may want to consider doing the fixed price menu. We didn't, but ended up getting two appetizers and splitting a dessert anyway. The food was excellent, well cooked and seasoned, and the chef was not afraid to mix interesting ingredients in to the dishes. Just check out their website for menu examples and you will see what I mean. If you are looking for a traditional burger or normal pasta, don't bother. This place is for people that enjoy trying new food, or food cooked new ways. The restaurant is only 9 tables, so it is quiet and cozy and you get the servers full attention.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014Food was great,for me. My friend ordered the stuffed chicken and thought it was an overpriced slice of Thanksgiving dinner. I could barely hear our server. He was fine but wasn't the most welcoming or warm individual. The hostess was very friendly. It's a very small restaurant. It wasn't that busy when we were there so the noise level and ambiance were fine. I can imagine that if it's busy, it could be very stuffy.
- Unusual and deliciousSaritaVIPDined on 9/8/2014Ingredients and techniques combine for great results. Not a huge variety of choices but really inventive and good. On thus visit, the appetizers (smoked beets, house made chorizo) were the stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A food gemBillMcDined on 8/31/2014Food quality rivals the best in Boston. If you enjoy high quality food with interesting and well matched flavors, you'll enjoy Bondir. We had Rouen Duck & Chatham Striped Bass. Both were exquisite. I had the bass and it was done to perfection with a nice crispy charred outside and moist interior, set in a bright green lovage broth which was both an eye and taste pleasing sensational contrast. In addition to our meal we were presented with three small bite offerings from the chef. All of which were delicious. The space is quite intimate with just 9 tables. Service was friendly with an attentiveness that was unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal;DanthemanDined on 8/29/2014Great food, service, and atmosphere. Its hard to find all of this in one spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewloulindyDined on 8/29/2014The service was very good, but we were disappointed in the limited selection and taste of the food. There were 2 choices for the 1st course, 3 for the 2nd course, and 4 for the entree, including only 2 total choices for vegetarians. There was a 1st course beet & blueberry dish that was the only option besides steak tartare. Three of us ordered the beet dish, and all of us were disappointed since the flavors did not blend well. The duck entree was excellent, but the the sea bass taste was overpowered by a very strong herb broth, and the eggplant dish was very bland. The servings were small, and the prices very high for the quality and amount of food we received. The wood bench seating was also very uncomfortable and had no seat cushions.Special Features:
- BondirDined on 8/24/2014We did the 4 course meal and we found the appetizer courses and dessert courses to be amazing, but were a bit underwhelmed by the main course, it was a little bland and no bigger than the other courses especially for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We found the food overpriced and the beef entrée was overcooked.Special Features:
- Special OccasionblucatDined on 8/21/2014This small neighborhood gem will be a new goto place for our very special occasions. The menu is unique, the waitstaff courteous and helpful, and the food is beautifully prepared giving the whole experience a quality of ritual but because of the relaxed but very thoughful decor it doesn't feel in any way sterile or stiff. We had a great time celebrating our 15th anniversary at Bondir.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeoffDined on 8/10/2014Small number of tables, but excellent attentive, informed service. Menu was carefully created to achieve a highly balanced, beautiful experience with fine dining. Not inexpensive, however, but worth the money. Wine list could use some expansion in California reds and whites, but more than adequate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experience!luvgreatfoodVIPDined on 8/6/2014small venue with great warmth and charm. food was great - a culinary experience with instructions of the ingredients/food by friendly wait staff. we initially had booked a later reservation (nothing else available), but we were called with an earlier time after a cancellation. looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Excellent though not for the hungryOliverTwistDined on 8/3/2014This is our second or third visit to the lovely Bondir and we like everything about the restaurant except the almost hilariously small portions. The food is beautiful and exquisitely arranged but I don't understand why the main courses have to be quite so sparse. Would it cost very much to add a few potatoes or rice or .... But perhaps people with hearty appetites don't deserve such beautiful food? Or perhaps it would somehow spoil the ambience to provide enough to eat? Bondir is certainly not alone in this regard. Many posh restaurants in Boston seem to assume that their patrons will, as my husband sometimes does, stop for something to eat before or after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BONIRMEMSDINNINGDined on 8/2/2014It may be small in space, but huge in atmosphere and menu: The chef presents a virtual canvas of delight, and the tasting are such a treat. My favorite special placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bondir EncoreRhino34VIPDined on 8/1/2014I managed to secure a reservation at Bondir while I was in Boston - this place is fast becoming a favorite spot to dine when I'm in town. We had the same server who remembered us from the last visit. As usual the food and service were as good as it can get. The wine recommendation was superb - it highlighted the food and helped make the experience even more enjoyable. If you can book a table Bondir won't disappoint - let the staff guide you through the adventure. Merci Bondir!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bondir ExperienceBostonVIPDined on 7/31/2014Enjoyed Bondir - felt the food was delicious, if a bit "precious", as well as small portions, while being on the expensive side. The service was good, but our waiter was a touch arrogant.Special Features:
- Lovely experienceDesertdiverVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ate here with several friends on Saturday night. It was a wonderful experience. The food was delicious. It was creative without being ostentatious. The wine list was varied and reasonably well-priced. The wait staff was outstanding. Look forward to going back and have already recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic -- again!SpinnerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We cannot say enough good things about Bondir Cambridge. The food is outstanding and the staff courteous and professional. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Attention paid to everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding -- a place for foodies. The dishes were beautifully presented, and every dish was created with care. The flavors were complex, subtle, fresh-- sometimes it was like eating art.Special Features:
- Remarkable ExperienceRonaldDined on 7/21/2014We had a great dinner at Bondir. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was very quiet, almost like we were alone in the restaurant. A great experience!Special Features: