Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bondircambridge.com/
- Phone: (617) 661-0009
- Hours of Operation:
Open for dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Bond
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Tuesdays are set aside for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Grande 617-661-0009x
- Special Events: Please see the Events page on our website:
- Cross Street: Columbia Street
- Public Transit: MBTA
- Redline Train to Central Square
- #68 Bus
Bike racks available in front of restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Please see the Directions & Parking page on our website:
A word from Bondir Cambridge
Bondir, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is a cozy, farm-house style restaurant with 26 seats and a small fireplace salon. The menus showcase the pastoral and marine bounty of our New England region and offer a finely curated selection of American and European wines and beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Bondir Cambridge - Best Restaurants in Cambridge ›
Bondir Cambridge reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)romantic (69)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (22)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- After living in the area forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/3/2012After living in the area for over a decade, I have found the perfect local restaurant. The food is a joy, exciting but never daunting and the staff are exactly the kind of non-pretentious, accommodating folks you want to see in such an establishment. Everything is set-up for a memorable night out and they are the kind of people you can only want to have success.Special Features:
- our food took a very longOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/3/2012our food took a very long time. this was on a monday night. we had a 7:30 table and didn't get out of there until 10 p.m. We didn't have time for dessert. disappointing, given the buzzSpecial Features:
- Very disappointed in foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2012Very disappointed in food and service. Love mushrooms but my mushroom appetizer tasted like sweet pickles--
- The food was creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/1/2012The food was creative and wonderfully prepared. We had a spaghetti with white truffle dish that was a tasty delight. We will return.Special Features:
- We were very disappointedSusanVIPDined on 12/1/2012We were very disappointed in the food. We had read good reviews and with the price we thought the food would neon par with all the other upscale restaurants we enjoy like Il Casale, Lumiere, Craige on Bistro, Rendezvous, Island Creek Oyster, La Campania, Lineage, Avila..... My fish was bland, and the vegetables were soped with so much oil. The panacotta was rubbery on top of dried out flavorless crumbs. Will not go back. Even cheaper restaurants are better.
- This was the best meal I haverffgDined on 11/29/2012This was the best meal I have had in several years. In addition to the food, I loved the fireplace and farmhouse atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food is consistently excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/28/2012Food is consistently excellent, service can be a bit spotty; especially irksome is the 30 minute wait for the table we had to endure despite having a reservation. Worth it for the food though.Special Features:
- We were not impressed at all. WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2012We were not impressed at all. Waiter leans on the table to explain the menu and /or mostly trying to sell $45 entree made with specially "flown in" white trufles. Food runner lady is in high heels 'making noise with every step' could only bring one plate at a time eventhough plates were neither heavy or hot. We ordered 2 half portions each and a dessert. Vegetarian entree's were too small, no protien. Each with tiny cubes of listed vegetables, 3 of them 80% burnt, waiter said they serve just like that only . None of the four half portion entree's were warm/hot. Wrong flavor icecream was serve which we had to return. The breads for the table were very good. Filled our tummies. Waiter asked us where we are from and how long we have be
- The ambiance was perfect whensteveWDined on 11/28/2012The ambiance was perfect when we were there, so me tables surprisingly empty. Thanks to this, we had copious attention from the waitress, who helped to construct a six item sampler. We heartily recommend sampling as many dishes as possible, and taking half glass wine pairings. The variety and subtlety of tastes was nearly overwhelming. We also tried all the flavors of ice cream, which was wonderful, but also a bit over the top. When it bot busy after 8 PM, the wait-staff was not able to give us as much attention. But overall, it was delightful, really, could not have been better. The breads are outstanding. My fav. was the John Dory and cod cakes. Rouen Duck also exquisitely crunchy.Special Features:
- Wonderful combination of ingredientBellaItaliaDined on 11/26/2012Wonderful combination of ingredients in all dishes. Service was attentive but food arrived at a very slow pace. 3 hours for a dinner of three people.
- Bondirlicious!!cambridge4VIPDined on 11/25/2012Outstanding in all aspects. We dined on a cold Sunday night. The fireplace and close quarters added to the intimacy of the experience. Dishes are always inventive, exotic, yet down-to-earth and approachable. I wish there were more openings for reservations!Special Features:
- One of the best meals I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2012One of the best meals I have had in a very long time. If there was a weakness it was that the deserts were not on par with the other courses. Since that is unimportant to me I couldn't recommend Bondir more and I eat out a lotSpecial Features:
- Wish I could like it moremix579VIPDined on 11/18/2012I was drawn to Bondir by its very unusual menu and the hope for some exciting culinary adventures. They offer small (but not cheap) plates in addition to full-sized items so it's possible to sample a number of dishes. Unfortunately, my conclusion is that they're simply trying too hard. By throwing a number of ingredients together, the goal should be to amplify the individual flavors or to complement them so that the total is more than the sum of its parts. From the four dishes we sampled, none did either of the above. In fact, I was stunned by how bland and little complex most dishes turned out despite the vast number of uncommon ingredients. Service was very friendly though, and the wines complemented our food very well.
- Most Notable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2012Fabulous. Fresh novel ingredients but not pretentious . expert flavors and diverse plates .nearly perfect blending of several complex textures on one plate .. You can also have a conversation as if in an private sitting...you are consumed by the tasting and anticipation of next plate.Special Features:
- Date Night for Romantic FoodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012Tiny, romantic, with a cozy fireplace ambiance, top-notch service, and excellent wine recommendations. As for food quality, Bondir competes effortlessly with the best restaurants of NYC. Exotic vegetables, fruits, and herbs work seamlessly in dishes that range from comfort food to haute cuisine; everything on your fork is both surprising and deeply pleasurable. Several vegetarian options on the menu (updated weekly with ingredients sourced within 45 miles of Boston!), though few if any vegan options. Vegetarian half-plates are not as filling as the similarly-sized meat-eater's half portion, so be fore-warned and order a full plate if the choice is vegetarian. Also, memorably delicious breads - and don't forget about dessert.Special Features:
- Very interesting menu andclimate1VIPDined on 11/15/2012Very interesting menu and very well-prepared. Service sometimes bordered on the ragged.Special Features:
- Good food for the price overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2012Good food for the price overall. Quality of dishes was uneven. Salads were very good. Beef was badSpecial Features:
- A creative chefSwampmapleVIPDined on 11/14/2012Probably the most inventive restaurant in the Boston area today with a chef who has wonderfully interesting ideas on how to make a dish that might otherwise be ordinary into something special: very tasty - not strange or weird but really delicious.Special Features:
- We will return!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2012I called ahead to alert the staff that this was a birthday. They forgot. Then, after a gentle reminder, they sent out some wonderful chocolate sorbet and a candle- it was just enough- no big fan fare and no singing. This was in keeping with the kind of person having the birthday- nothing too showy. so thanks for that! Our sparkling wine was warm, not a great start. It chilled as we ate dinner, so all was well. Every bite on our plates was delightful. The presentation was artful and the combo of texture, color, well- all worked in perfect harmony. This is the way food ought to be! An achievement! (Neither one of us liked the seaweed bread, loved the Belgian Ale bread- tried to order a Belgian ale- but you were all out.)Special Features:
- loved it, loved it, lovedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012loved it, loved it, loved it ... :-)need I say more?food was great, wine was superb (expertly recommended by Gaël), atmosphere was cozy and romantic, service was exceptional.add to this I had the company of the man i love ... it made for an incredible evening :)(AND we got to see Patty Griffin later than night ... wow :)Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/9/2012Very disappointing. Had to wait 45 minutes to be seated. Did not receive any food until 1 1/2 hours after our reservation. Gritty scallops. Server tried to oversell (wanted us - a party of two - to order two bottles of wine). Server also disparaged several bottles on the wine list. Why are they there on the list if they are bad?
- A great find and definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/9/2012A great find and definitely a keeper. Staff is professional and attentive. The menu is inventive and beautifully prepared. The dishes are tasty with fresh ingredients and delicious items. What sets it apart is the availability of half portions which allows diners to opt for a 'banquet style' meal, sampling all the wonderful dishes at a nice pace.Special Features:
- Without question, the mostOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Without question, the most memorable and sumptuous meal I have ever eaten! The servers are well-informed and helpful. The decor and soft and romantic. Chef Jason Bond is a culinary genius.Special Features:
- I can easily say that BondirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012I can easily say that Bondir is my favorite restaurant in Massachusetts. Chef Jason Bond conveys his talents, abilities,and love for food through each and every dish. It not often that I am transformed or moved emotionally by the food in the Boston area. However, Bondir's food evokes memories and strong feelings to a degree that is extraordinary. The other crucial aspect that makes Bondir such a wonderful place--aside from the comfortable ambiance--is the front of the house. The individuals that I interacted with were congenial, patient, and genuinely nice which truly makes the dining experience. Bondir connects you to the season and the local surroundings in a way which makes you truly appreciate and enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Had a wonderful dinner here the other night. We tried a number of different half portions and found that was a great way to sample a number of the unique dishes. I would definitely return and recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- Delicious food! Hard to get in....OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2012We arrived a little late for our reservation and got a bit of an attitude from the hostess who did not prove to be the most outgoing or fun person. Once we were seated that unfortunate introduction to the restaurant was quickly washed away. Our server was AMAZING. Very sweet and took her time to explain all parts of the menu. The food and wine was just flat out ridiculously delicious. Highly recommend doing three small plates per person instead of one main course - that way you get to taste every unbelievable bite! Impossible to get a reservation, so book one now for the future! It is well worth the wait and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Do yourself a favor and EAT HERE!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012This will forever be my favorite restaurant as my fiancé proposed to me over dinner here :). But regardless of that incredible experience, Bondir is truly one of if not the best restaurant in Massachusetts. The food is artistic and thoughtful, but still manages to be comforting and deeply satisfying. We split a bunch of small plates (brilliant menu structure) and so many of the fresh, perfectly cooked veggies and meats had this amazing char that tasted just insane. Think yummy crispy browned bits. The tagliatelle with mushrooms and blood sausage was unequivocally the best pasta dish I've had in Boston, maybe in life. For a small and cozy restaurant the tables are well spaced, there is a sense of privacy. Our waitress was spectacular!Special Features:
- We have been to Bondir threeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2012We have been to Bondir three times already. As always, food here is outstanding. The service is great, the waiter, Gael was extremely knowledgeable about the food, and made accurate recommendations for the wine list. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- A local favorite.rebrivvedVIPDined on 10/31/2012We went to Bondir when it first opened and like it. The food was delicious, the service was personal without overbearing, and the ambiance was intimate without being overly precious. Our only quibble with Bondir at that time was the presentation of the dishes left a bit to be desired. On our second visit 2 years later, every dish was beautifully presented and the food, wine & service were perfect. Bondir now tops our "favorites" list.Special Features:
- incredible food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012incredible food and service. They deserve all of the "best of" that they have received. Will definately go backSpecial Features:
- Not even hurricane Sandy couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012Not even hurricane Sandy could keep us away from our long-anticipated reservation! Such an amazing experience made it worth braving the weather. Six half courses were perfect for two people, got to sample a wide range of local flavors. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- High Expectations - None met.BHEAKSVIPDined on 10/25/2012I had high expectations for Bondir, which were uniformly not met. The food, while with mouthwatering descriptions and inventive ingredients, fell flat. Most dishses were bland in taste and mushy in texture. The service was also a disappointment - our waiter was brusque and unhelpful. By the second half of dinner, we were pouring our own wine. For the cost and hype, it's not worth it. I will not be back.
- Being European I have hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2012Being European I have had great dinners in many places of the world and notably in Paris. Although I had heard great things about Bondir and was eager to try it, I was not impressed with the food and in fact a bit disappointed. Each dish had too many ingredients mixed in together which complicated and unbalanced their true savor. Simplicity is most often richer. The server suggested we try 3 half- dishes to have a taste of each dish and it did not warrant a price of $48.00/person.
- Called restaurant unsuccessfullyMinotlightVIPDined on 10/22/2012Called restaurant unsuccessfully a couple of times - use Open Table to find when a table is available and adjust your schedule accordingly. Followed our servers recommendation and ordered three small plates. They were all wonderful - intense and very varied flavors. Next time we might have one small plate and then one full size plate or even two large plates. That would give you more to sink your teeth and taste buds into. Hated seeing the lobster risotto and mushrooms disappear. I wanted a few more bites.Special Features:
- The food was original andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2012The food was original and interesting. Some dishes were much better than others. It is a pricey restaurant and I am not sure it was worth the price.Special Features:
- One of the best meals we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2012One of the best meals we've had. Consistently great from beginning to end. Incredible flavors. Beautiful plates. This was October, and everything was a celebration of Fall.Special Features:
- I was simply outraged thatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2012I was simply outraged that I left the restaurant hungry after a meal that was entirely too precious. I had their suggested three half-courses, and decided when it came time for dessert that I needed to go somewhere else and never return. Wine list was not outstanding, glasses were sparsely filled. There are so many good restaurants with knowledgeable wait staff around, so why anyone seeks this out is beyond me.
- I'm a fan of seasonal dishesembyVIPDined on 10/20/2012I'm a fan of seasonal dishes and tasting menus, and have enjoyed them all over the city. Bondir is certainly in the upper echelon of experiences! Since words wouldn't do justice to the scrumptiousness, an over-simplified summary of the dishes I had: beet salad, mushroom rigatoni, chestnut flour torte. The ambiance was cozy & intimate, and the entire crew was attentive. We had our first course comped because they said the kitchen took too long--but we had been enjoying the artisan breads and hardly noticed the wait. We also split a bottle of chenin blanc and had birthday desserts: chocolate panna cotta and three ice creams. We didn't want to leave without making reservations again--with only 28 seats, you've gotta plan ahead!Special Features:
- I simply loved everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2012I simply loved everything about this restaurant. The food was elegant and delicious and presented beautifully. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. I can't wait to go back on a cold snowy night and sit in front of the fireplace. I loved that this restaurant is in Cambridge. I loved the decor of the room. I felt like I was in the New England countryside. I can't wait to go back and bring family and friends. It was also really nice that the chef stopped by to see how we were enjoying our dinner.Special Features:
- No value for price. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/14/2012No value for price. Service was excellent and restaurant is cozy. Other than the corn bisque dishes weren't balanced and were small for price