Bond Street Social
901 S. Bond Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Bond Street Social
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bondstreetsocial.com/
- Phone: 4434496234x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday-Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marc Dixon
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bond Street Social
Bond Street Social combines an original, upscale dining experience with a hip, lively social scene. Executive Chef Marc Dixon's creative menu of "social plates," encourages social dining with a range of global dishes that fuse European, Latin, Asian and Chesapeake Bay cuisine. The menu is designed to appeal to a diner's desire to sample a variety of dishes to share amongst friends, as opposed to traditional course style dining. To enhance the dining experience, Bond Street Social offers "social drinks," brought to the table in glass infusion jars. In addition, Bond Street Social offers a wide selection of craft beer, wine and specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bond Street Social - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Bond Street Social reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (63)good for groups (50)scenic view (44)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (36)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (22)romantic (17)late-night find (13)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Not the place for conversationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014We went to Bond Street Social at 630pm on a Sunday, thinking that we would beat the "clubbing" or bar scene that happens later in the evening. We were mistaken. The music was loud, the guests at the bar were making loud whistling and hooting noises, and it was generally a party atmosphere. While the tapas/community style food leads to a "social" environment, the club type atmosphere and noise makes anything social nearly impossible. That being said, the food and the friendly wait staff were great, and if the weather was nicer and we could eat outside away from the noise, we would go back.Special Features:
- Good food eh serviceHTayDined on 8/20/2014The tapas style is fun and the bites are yummy. We loved the salmon, grilled cheese and cheese steak. The cream of crab dumplings were disappointing. Not very creamy cream of crab soup in them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More sizzle than steakBaltimDined on 8/17/2014The food was pricey for the ingredients and the quantity. It was well presented but overall the flavors were timid.
- Sunday BrunchJanetDined on 8/17/2014We have had brunch at Bond Street several times, and it is excellent! Outside is nice, but can get too hot. However, if you get a table just by the open "walls" leading to the patio, it is perfect. Food is awesome, as are the specialty mimosas and bottomless Bloody Marys. Staff/kitchen may not be quite 100%, but we are talking about Sunday morning. They open at 10 or 10:30, which is a definite plus.Special Features:
- Very pleasant, creative menuDaisyDined on 8/16/2014We'd heard a lot of buzz about Bond Street Social over the years and finally got to try it this past weekend. Had a terrific meal outside. By 7 on a Saturday night, the place was bit empty, by the time we left around 9, things definitely heating up. Loved the way the menu offers lots of dishes to share easily and very creative ingredients that worked well together. While the cocktail list was ample, there were limited choices in wine by the glass.Special Features:
- Awesome!JandADined on 8/16/2014Great girls night out location. Our waitress was awesome. All food you could share! You must go!Special Features:
- Great night!DarleneSeitzDined on 8/16/2014We hosted a 50th birthday party at Bond Street Social. The food was excellent and they did a great job with our special occasion.Special Features:
- A touch of suburbia in Fells PointOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014It was a very nice place but not my thing. It felt a little suburban being in a large new building in historic Fells Point. When one goes to Fells Point it is to experience its small, dimly lit, quiet spaces. It was large and noisy inside which made me glad to be outside- though the decor was very tasteful and upscale. They have a great view of the water though it wasn't that easy to see once you sat down. Food is excellent except for the Fruit Loops dust and pieces on my creme brûlée - whats with that? My friends would never go there so I wouldn't recommend it to them however I do recommend it to the rest of you. I would only return if I had some suburban relatives from out of town or a client to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get thereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/8/2014Bond Street Social is a diamond in its environment. Its service and staff are outstanding! The food is remarkable, and the location and scenery are superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Week night dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Outdoor seating us awesome. Food was good. Server was not very attentive. Seemed weeded with tables inside and outside. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinesoutoftenVIPDined on 8/7/2014Unfortunately,despite it being restaurant week the restaurant was extremely short staffed such that there were major delays in receiving food and drinks. We never got a refill on our waters, our drinks took over 30 minutes to arrive and we had little to no attention from the waiter during this time. We ended up asking for our desserts to go as again there was a significant delay. Our waiterwas very apologetic and concurred with us that this was a terrible experience based on lack of staff. The manger did comp us our drinks and gave us a discount which was a nice thing to do but truthfully I would have preferred to pay full price and had a wonderful experience. I would never return to Bond street even though the food itself was great.
- Great service and locationSinecioDined on 8/5/2014The service was great. The location is fantastic. When the weather is right, sitting outside is the way to go. The food was, for the most part, underwhelming; however, the brussels sprouts were fantastic.Special Features:
- Should tryBaltimoreKatVIPDined on 8/4/2014Our waitress was fabulous but the only thing that was weird to me is they called to verify my reservation and the hostess was a little bossy. Said the entire party (party of four) had to be there on time and that if 15 minutes late- would give reservation away which was weird because the restaurant was not crowded. You can't always guarantee descent parking- so maybe offer Valet parking.....maybe you do, but this was a Monday night and not valet parking was offered. Must try- the burger sliders!Special Features:
- great if your not hungryhappynewmamaDined on 8/4/2014With a small child, I didn't order any beverages but others in my party did and enjoyed them. Especially the smoking martinis. Thought the restaurant week food was only "ok". I couldn't complain about anything except portion size. Our service was great. Left hungry.Special Features:
- Food good, service not soThunderDined on 8/2/2014It was a bad night on the service front for our party of three. However, the food was very good. Salmon and polenta, brussel sprouts, tuna tartare, spring rolls, grilled chorizo sliders, and salads were very good! I will go back and give this place another try in hopes this was just one bad night! I wish restaurant owners would focus on one restaurant and do things outstanding before they run off and open new places. Food is king but good, nay outstanding service will make or break you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why I Chose This PlaceNightoutwithfriendsDined on 7/31/2014Chose this place because of creative menu and prices. Food portions were smaller than expected. Need more gluten free choices. Server was helpful with cocktail suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group visiting BaltimoreEastCoasterDined on 7/28/2014We (a group of 13 people with various dietary restrictions including a vegetarian, one with a nut allergy, and everyone with varying taste preferences) had dinner at Bond Street Social while visiting Baltimore. We needed an early dinner due to evening plans, so we got a reservation at 6pm on a Monday. The restaurant was not very busy when we arrived, and we were seated immediately. Lots of menu choices, everyone left happy and full. The server was very patient with our questions about how much to order, etc. It was a great experience. There were some kids in the group and there was no kids' menu, which ended up fine as there are many choices that are kid-friendly (mac & cheese bites, sliders, grilled cheese).Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I was rather disappointed in the food - most of the items I ordered from the menu were quite bland! Definitely a decline for this restaurant, since my meal was delicious the last time I visited around Nov 2013.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It AgainBaltimoreGamblersDined on 7/25/2014I returned and brought a friend who had not been here before. She loved the ambience & the food. Our server was awesome. Made some minor changes to the fries and the chicken & biscuits- I preferred the previous versions, but still good. Will certainly return.Special Features:
- A123Dined on 7/23/2014Food and service were very good - it's quite loud however, so hard to hear.Special Features:
- Great Evening!AaronGDined on 7/22/2014It was my first time eating out in Baltimore since moving here and I was not disappointed. I wanted to take my lady out for a nice evening where she could relax and enjoy the ambiance. We ordered the mac & cheese bites as a starter, and social fish (cod) and chips as well as the lamb shanks. Everything was excellently done and did not disappoint. The whole experience was great. Being on the water front you can enjoy a glass of wine and watch the boats travel in and out of the harbor, which is a treat in itself. I highly recommend if you are looking for something outside with a great menu. They do have extensive indoor seating but I cannot attest for the dining quality as we sat outside.Special Features:
- all about serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was actually refreshing to say the least..pricey! But the service was terrible. The waitor wasn't attentive, he forgot my dates drink. When your average couple pays 100 dollars for an outing there's no room for error in my opinion. So, I wouldn't go there again. Especially, when they didn't offer to discount anything for the mistake. Class is in styleSpecial Features:
- Brunch and bloody Mary'sFoodHecklerDined on 7/13/2014The all you can drink Make your own Bloody Mary bar is amazing. Small plates are good but some brunch plates like omlets are awkward to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yes, it was loud, but...AlohaboyDined on 7/12/2014not overbearing. surprisingly, there was a lot of space between tables in the section where we were seated. they could easily have fit several more tables. the fact that they didn't set a nice tone. the food was excellent. service was excellent. our server told us that everything is made to order, and brought out as soon as it's ready. true. maybe a little too fast. we hadn't finished one plate before the next one came out, and this happened each time. that's my only "complaint". otherwise, a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Social EatingtessDined on 7/12/2014I like the tapas like style of dining. The service was attentive without being intrusive. The food was very good. Tuna tartar, grilled cheese sliders, and duck confit spring rolls were especially pleasing. The reuben sliders were also excellent. The ribs were good but are done better at other places. Creme Brulee and Peach cobbler were an excellent end to a very pleasant meal. The restaurant is a bit noisy even at 6 PM, but we could have a reasonable conversation without shouting. The wine list needs improvement. Wines by the glass are limited in both red and white and the selection of bottles is not much better. While there is a two page list of beer available.Special Features:
- Drinks + DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Small bites, foodie vibe and tasty drinks made for a fun night out.Special Features:
- Cute but not fillingBlkorlyDined on 7/3/2014The presentation of food is great, however you may leave hungry if you don't want to spend a lot of money. The food arrived quickly and tasted good. Although the plates are made to "share" you'll definitely be ordering more for satiety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch...again!lnicoleDined on 6/29/2014I have come to Bond St Social now for multiple brunches, and it never fails to impress me. Always delicious, always fast service, and always accommodating. I will most definitely be back again, and I hope to soon come for a meal other other than brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014great service. from the hostess, to the manager to the chef, a great establishment!
- Fun group diningCeeBeeVIPDined on 6/17/2014I took a group of business associates and they were a bit uncertain about "social" dining until the food came and they got to try all of the wonderful options. Great location. Service and food.Special Features:
- Brunch Fit For a KingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Upon Fathers day, I was looking for some place different to take my dad because everywhere is so "blah" & basic. I don't know how I over looked this place in all my years of being around fells point. The place was fantastic. My dad and I are a bit of Foodies so were always looking for great places to dine. We got the mac and cheese bites ( TO DIE FOR).. He got the all you can drink bloody Mary with the steak and eggs. ( which he raved about all afternoon) And I myself got the pancakes and the bistro omelet. Everything was amazing. Definitely a great Fathers day. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere, food was mehericottaDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time at Bond Street Social, and overall it was a positive experience. We were seated in the outdoor area which was very nice; not so loud that you couldn't hear your conversation, but lively and with a great view of the harbor. The cocktails (we all got liquid nitrogen martinis) were disappointing. Mine wasn't smokey or bubbly at all and it didn't have any flavor, and the others at the table were either similarly tasteless or cloyingly sweet. The food was good, although nothing to write home about, and I enjoyed the tapas-like service. I will say that the duck confit spring rolls and the bacon-wrapped steak were absolutely amazing, but we ordered four other things that were only okay. I would probably go back again.Special Features:
- Great for girls night!wannabefoodieDined on 6/6/2014Liquid Nitrogen Cosmo was absolutely delicious. The food is all sharing plates, so this is a great place for drinks and dinner with the girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy - Please Turn Down the MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014We had a very good meal there on a Sunday afternoon. Good food and very good service. But the music was really, really loud. And the restaurant wasn't full. It made what would have been a lovely meal an unpleasant experience We couldn't get out fast enough.Special Features:
- It was just ok....cutefoodiefashionistaDined on 5/25/2014The first time I went here it was great! It was so good I brought my husband. Second go round was blah....my mimosa was pretty good, grilled cheese was ok, it was not hot when it came out and it no longer comes with bacon. Hubby's pancakes were boring it didn't come with honey butter on it and the Mac and cheese balls were ok, I've had better. Overall will not come back for a 3rd visit!
- Creative & TastyPSG2013Dined on 5/25/2014Love that the plates are shareable - not tiny but not gigantic Went for brunch this time. Lots of subtle twists on classics like a butterscotch maple sauce on the French toast. Smoked salmon was delicate and flavorful. The breakfast flat bread with sausage and cheese topped by an fried egg was in perfect balance. Loved the peach mimosa and good coffee.Special Features:
- If Only........MicheleVIPDined on 5/24/2014the service was as good as the food. Well that's not exactly true. We wanted to sit outside, but were told it was closed for a private event. Once we saw a table open up we asked if we could move there. So much for an event. We ordered our drinks and 4 apps (tapas style). Bond streets style is to bring things as they are ready and are plated for sharing. It took 3 plates before we got our drinks. Bar was very slow & could not keep up with kitchen pace. Server tried hard, but bar service was way too slow. The food was excellent, but not worth the wait. Try the mac & cheese balls and duck spring rolls.Special Features:
- Love Bond Streetlove2eatdanceDined on 5/23/2014I've been to Bond Street during the late night hours for the party scene and I had a great time. It gets very crowded after 12 am. This is my second time eating dinner there and I am pleased with the food the service and the ambience. Take an open credit card with you because you will spend about $100 for two people minimum. But it is worth it. I would recommend this place for dinner or for a party scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoonlightDined on 5/22/2014The food was good, the atmosphere was great. We ordered a large jar of Pineapple mojito and the alcohol level was so low, after drinking 7 glasses I still felt like I drank a pineapple juice...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for girls night outMahoganyDined on 5/20/2014Been here three times. Once at night for the bar scene. Great vibe, fun crowd. Once for a Bridal Shower Brunch, which was delicious. Great Mimosas. & Lastly for dinner. Less crowded during the weeknight. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.