Bond St. - Miami
150 20th Street
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
Bond St. - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.townhousehotel.com/bond.asp
- Phone: 3053981806
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Keisuke Harada
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Bond St. - Miami
An exciting and innovative interpretation of Japanese cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bond St. - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
- Eh...not the food or experience...CapitolJDined on 5/24/2013In town for a long weekend and wanted a nice sushi restaurant. Picked this after reading many reviews. Some of the dishes were fantastic, but most were just ok. The grilled eggplant is one of the best things I've tasted! We were seated near the sushi chefs and they were friendly enough. Our waitresses seemed to also be the hostess? It was odd and she was not very attentive. The restaurant was pretty empty, so the vibe was not so great. I'd recommend this for apps & drinks, not dinner.
- Great Sushi, Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013This is a quiet, dim, hip sushi restaurant with great food. A really nice place to hang out, not be rushed and enjoy with friends or a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bond Street has been a longMichelleV26Dined on 4/27/2013Bond Street has been a long time favorite of ours. The food is consistent - and always amazing. This restaurant has the best spicy tuna roll, the seabass skewers melt in your mouth, miso eggplant, tuna tacos are amazing - just to name a few things. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Much ado about nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2013... a lot of people want to be seen here but i just dont get it . Food is average and the place is dark and small
- My favorite place... NevergastrojunkieVIPDined on 3/29/2013My favorite place... Never fails to impress with food, service and ambiance. Service is always at its best
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2013Disappointing, not anything similar to what it used to be years ago. Food is average at best. Supermarket sushi is a lot better. Service awful. Will never return.
- Bit dated and tired decor...veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/20/2013Bit dated and tired decor...very good tuna and avocado tacos and spicy toro and crispy fried rice. Sushi rolls are ho-hum and run of the mill - not bad but not memorable.
- One of my favorite places,condedeolivaresDined on 3/19/2013One of my favorite places, but this time they did not deliver. Food took too long and food was not as amazing as always. They made up with a couple of free drinksSpecial Features:
- Bad Option!! High Priced!!!AlitenssiVIPDined on 3/2/2013Bond St. is way overrated since Miami now offers many other great options, like ZUMA! Very high priced for what it offers and does NOT justify the food or service you receive. The waiters seem to be doing you a favor by serving you and taking your order. Food is average and nothing you couldnt get in any sushi place for a third of the price. Service was horrible and we had to wait about 45 min for our food to arrive. Couple seating next to us arrived 20 min after and were eating before out table. Not to mention that out table was terrible next to a column and hostess refused to give us another table saying that it was a table for 3, when a couple sat a few min later. Overall, DONT go Bond St. Other great choices are ZUMA, NOBU or Katsu
- I never get tired of BondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013I never get tired of Bond St. The food is always amazing and their cosmos are perfect.Special Features:
- Very nice place, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/22/2013Very nice place, very good sushi, only the tables are too small.Special Features:
- excellent. Sorry to see itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2013excellent. Sorry to see it will close soon. Will miss very muchSpecial Features:
- Unique Asian-fusion basement diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2012I have mixed feelings about Bond Street. Their location is nearly unmarked & not easily found. Its in the basement of an older, boutique-y hotel. The space is interesting...it's quite dark, with tiny tables & overstuffed wing chairs that made for difficult dining. I can imagine it is great late-night, for noshing tapas style, after hours in the clubs. That said, the service was attentive & smart. We tried nearly all offerings on the specials list, as well as the recommended truffle tuna tartlette. Yum! Food was exceptional & creative. This is not the place to go for sushi if you are looking for traditional 'California rolls.' The menu is edgier & more fun that that. Price was what you would expect for South Beach; we left full and happy.Special Features:
- the sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/23/2012One of the best sushi places I have experienced- very fresh and delicious variety of rolls and sashimi with complimenting spices for exquisite taste.Special Features:
- Classic favorite of southOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Classic favorite of south beach for over a decade does not disappoint.
- Enjoyed the food very much.MiamifoodVIPDined on 10/20/2012Enjoyed the food very much. Very pleasant evening. Tables were uncomfortably small though!Special Features:
- This place is amazing, butFantasticVIPDined on 9/29/2012This place is amazing, but the seating is extremely close to other tables. The people next to you will be able to listen to your entire conversation. The seats were also very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Some friends of mine recommendedRaul76Dined on 9/26/2012Some friends of mine recommended this restaurant, so I invited my wife for dinner last Wednesday. We ordered Miami Spice menu, the food was delicious, great service, nice petite lounge. The check arrived and they charged 20% gratuity which I payed gladly. I'm checking my bank statement this morning and, out of nowhere, I see I'm being charged $24 extra for dinner! I told my friend and he tells me he was also overcharged ninety-something dollars (group of 8). I thought it was an honest mistake with my check, but apparently I'm not the only one being overcharged. Waiting for the manager's answer/explanation.
- Outstanding food. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/7/2012Outstanding food. Everything else was a little lacklusterSpecial Features:
- Everytime we are in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2012Everytime we are in Miami we visit this amazing place at least once. The sushi is always delicious (if they have the King crab sopecial get it!). We tried a few appetizers this time (the yuba dumplings YUM and the crispy shrimp YUM). They have a great saki selection. The service was excellent, and the atmosphere was romantic. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Granted they were busy, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Granted they were busy, but we waited a full 1 hour for the first dish to come. NOT an enjoyable experience.
- One of my favorite Miami'sbibisobeVIPDined on 8/14/2012One of my favorite Miami's hidden spot!! Miami Spice Menu is a great option this Summer!!!Special Features:
- Miami Spice @ Bond St wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2012Miami Spice @ Bond St was a pleasant surprise. We are definitely coming back for more! Reserving a table is a great idea b/c the restaurant is tiny.Special Features:
- tables too small for 4 people,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2012tables too small for 4 people, took 20 min to get water, waiter was friendly but not outgoing enough for me. great food, service didn't equal food prices but will go again
- They overcharged my bill,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2012They overcharged my bill, even after complaining the 20% gratuity was actually miscalculated, unchanged/maintaned from the first wrong amount, I didnt want to complain a second time, but its unprofessional. The Tunacake with truffle oil safed my dinner, this creation tastes outstanding Service & Hostess were unfriendly and I felt an overall arrogant athmosphere.Special Features:
- Old time customer...unhappyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2012I had not been in Bond St in almost two years. I have always loved the place, so I decided to dine there again during my last visit to Miami. We were a group of four. The staff was attentive and very accommodating, but the place was empty (to my surprise) since I had made my reservation a week in advance and I could only find a table at 10 pm. All of us were very unhappy with our order. Even the Sea Bass, which was always my favorite dish, always impecably prepared, was overcooked and very dry. We all sadly agreed that our dinner was a huge disappointment and none of us will like to dine there ever again.
- Incredible food with rushed serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/26/2012Food, as always, was incredible. The sea bass skewers, crispy shrimp, tuna & avocado tacos and all of the rolls were amazing.Special Features:
- It was memorial day weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2012It was memorial day weekend - so very quiet, but great food
- Not what it used to be...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2012I've been a customer for at least 10 years who visits Bond St every time we are in Miami and unfortunately on this ocassion the service was poor. The waitress took 30 min just to bring water for the table and the food took more than an hour to come. When we asked her why it took so long, she gave a lame excuse of "all the tables just ordered at the same time" with an attitude instead of trying to help. I doubt I will be comming back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Decent food if you like the coldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2012May be we are old fashioned but when we go to a restaurant we like to sit on a table rather than on a "lounge". Maybe we believe that 60 is not a nice temperature to dine. Maybe we believe that the temperature of a restaurant should be set for customers who are sitting and not for personnel moving or cooking. Well that is Bond St, more than decent food, a nice wine list and OK service that is spoilt by the habitbofnsetting AC so high that makes the dining experience so uncomfortable that we decided to leave without dessert. So ou are warned: wear a sweater...Special Features:
- Love this place. Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012Love this place. Always consistent and the restaurant is small and intimate. Would recommend to everyone who loves quality Japanese food.Special Features:
- Awesome Restaurant!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2012This restaurant is truly amazing. The food is sensational, the drinks are exceptional, and the service is stellar!!!! I will recommend this place to anyone who enjoys excellent japanese style food.!!!!Special Features:
- Amazing Sushi!bumedDined on 3/29/2012Everything on the menu was consistently amazing! The hamachi habanero/ halapeno roll, tuna tacos and tuna app with truffle oilwere my favs! Will definitely go back my next time in Miami! go back my next time in Miami!Special Features:
- Bond Street has been my favoriteChristinaDined on 3/22/2012Bond Street has been my favorite restaurant in South Beach for several years. The prices are moderate with other fine dinning but the food is fabulous and seasoned perfectly. It is always on my places to eat when I'm in the area.Special Features:
- I was surprised about theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/18/2012I was surprised about the place after reading all the positive reviews. I thought that it was a depressing place with average sushi and not so great service. I would have liked to see some updating of the decor and a spring in the waitstaffs steps. I don't think I will go back.
- Great sushi in a cozy spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2012Great sushi in a cozy space and of course the occasional celebrity siting!Special Features:
- Awesome sushi, with everyCTJohnVIPDined on 3/11/2012Awesome sushi, with every roll we tried having very different flavors. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to the billingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2012Looking for a quiet classy sushi restaurant Bond St seemed to fit the bill. The reality was a little underwhelming. Ambiance was a little too dark. Seating while modern was a little impractical (soft clow laid back chairs meant an uncomfortable lean forward to reach the low table). Given the low light it meant that the food was difficult to appreciate. Service was a bit unattentive. It took 10 minutes from seating to be asked for a drinks order. The food delivery was almost too prompt with the sushi plate arriving only minutes after the soup and dumplings meaning complete congestion on the small table. The food was ok but not special.Special Features:
- Nice sushi...odd seatingQuietypeVIPDined on 2/26/2012The place is art deco with some interesting seating. The food is outstanding as long as you don't mind a pretty dark setting and some "chairs" that are more like toad stools. The waiter was kind, but seemed rushed and did not return as often as we would have liked. Be ready to pay a pretty penny for some great sushi!Special Features:
- The "lounge" seating is incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The "lounge" seating is incredibly uncomfortable when you are trying to eat dinner. Bond St. needs to decide if it is a lounge or a restaurant. People don't pay top dollar at restaurants to sit on uncomfortable half-Ottoman stools with the waiters bumping into them at all times. Although I like the food's taste, the sushi is incredibly overpriced for the size of the pieces (what is it about restaurants that aspire to be gastronomic experiences that they think small portions for high prices are appropriate?). This is after paying $20 to park. Restaurant patrons should get validated parking, everywhere, as far as I am concerned. I won't be returning. There are plenty of sushi restaurants with better food, better ambience, better everything.