Bond 45 - National Harbor
149 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bond 45 - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bond45.com/
- Phone: 3018391445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday-Sunday: Noon-4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:00 - 11pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Bond 45 National Harbor your occasion is our great privilege. Whether hosting a corporate event or celebrating one of life's momentous occasions, the food, service and ambiance of Bond 45 National Harbor are unparalled. We provide several options for both seated dinners and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Sylver 3018321487
- Special Events: For Private Events please contact Nicole Sylver at 301-832-1487
A word from Bond 45 - National Harbor
Bond 45 serves up a genuine Italian experience including real American 'firsts'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bond 45 - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)scenic view (73)romantic (48)great for outdoor dining (39)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (31)good for groups (28)hot spot (13)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- GooddinningDined on 9/10/2014While the food was good, it was not worth the price. Very expensive.Special Features:
- The worst place I ever been toTony12Dined on 9/7/2014Bad service one hour and half to get the food and it was coldSpecial Features:
- ExcellentthielbmwDined on 9/1/2014Went here for the first time to celebrate our Anniversary. Excellent food, service, and overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningMikeBDined on 8/30/2014We ate at Bond 45 on Saturday, August 30 2014 which was the middle of Labor Day weekend at National Harbor. The area was VERY crowded so we were afraid that the restaurant might be too crowded with tourists and families and the possibility of having a nice dinner without too much noise would be low. However, our seating was great and the service was outstanding. The food was very good - be sure to get the mozzarella and prosciutto appetizer. The dinner and the evening was wonderful.Special Features:
- It was ok.NeechDined on 8/30/2014For the price, which was excessive at best, I thought the place was a total let down. I am not afraid to spend money on food. I love steak houses, but $62 for a cowboy ribeye that is tough, and over cooked is unacceptable. $12 for a dry over cooked bowl of Mac and cheese that punted to about a cup also excessive. So the point was the price but what I got for the money. Dessert was yummy but again $12. All said and done $340 for 2 people (app, meal, and two cocktails).
- Daughters Sweet 16 Birthday DinnerFood4lifeDined on 8/30/2014The quality of the food was very good. The service was rough and not the experience level expected from a fine steakhouse. The atmosphere was average not high end. Desert offering was only three cakes. Good place but not great especially for the prices.
- Bond 45CookieDined on 8/29/2014The prices were a bit high. A la carte. Prime Rib was excellent. The dessert was not very good. It was some type of vanilla type cake with "marshmallow" topping and very expensive. Wine per glass was high but had a nice variety. We sat outside in the evening, there was a band playing on the waterfront area that was a little loud but could still talk without yelling at each other. Popovers was the "bread" with olive oil that needed some seasoning. Ground pepper didn't help it. THey seemed to be short staffed for a friday night, and our server was very busy. Mashed potatoes almost tasted like instant. No flavor. Asparagus, cesear salad and the mozzarella was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyJustSayinDined on 8/27/2014Great food and service. Dry aged steaks are amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experience.MarcyDined on 8/24/2014Fresh Chocolate chips were awesome! Oscar the waiter was extremely attentive with a good sense of humor. Crab Steak was also great. Only complaint the outside area was too hot in sun to be enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice people but wasnt lucky w/mealbreeoxdDined on 8/23/2014The service at this restuarant was very good. They seated us a half hour early on a Sat. night & we went right to a table. Very nice atmosphere. I enjoyed the sparkling water to start. Our waiter was very nice, but too difficult to understand. He had to repeat our specials a few times and we did not know what he was saying. I can not drink alcohol so I asked for a mocktail , & I ended up with grapefruit juice. I ordered the soup special & it was out. My family enjoyed apps just fine. Everyone in my group except for me ordered the steak & it looked divine- def stick with the steaks. I ordered the stuffed lobster, which wasnt cooked fully, and sent back. Unfortunately after seeing jello lobster I couldnt eat it. Kinda sad for a $400+ dinner.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceShannonDined on 8/23/2014Bad from beginning to end. The service was the worst; the waiter was condescending and never filled my water glass again or offered to get my more hot water for my tea. Our dinner took forever and when it arrived, my husband's $49 steak was tough. My medium well salmon was raw and had to be sent back, which took forever as did my side of asparagus. I ended up eating my quinoa salad side, which was good. The waiter came over and apologized about my salmon and said the manager would be over to talk to us, but she never came. He also gave us an appetizer w/ mozzarella and tomato even though he knew I didn't eat dairy - seriously. In the end my salmon was comped, but at that point who cares. It took forever to get the bill as well. Just awful.
- MediocrityBethDined on 8/21/2014Food was okay. Nothing special. Terribly overpriced. Service was poor.Special Features:
- ExceptionalING1Dined on 8/15/2014While I did end up spending over $100, it was well worth it. The food was delicious, especially the homemade mozzerella! The food came out very quickly, and everyone was super nice. It is a perfect special occasion/date restaurant that I'd recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Loved this place! Probably the best filet mignon I've ever had, perfectly done. Attentive service but not hovering too much.Special Features:
- Bond 45DenzelMogVIPDined on 8/15/2014Bond 45 is one if the best spots at National Harbor. If weather is nice sit ouside, especially on weekends some love music outside. Food has potential, but service needs improvement.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Might be considered expensive but well worth every penny! This is my new favorite special place! Loved it! Food was great! Drinks were fantastic! Service was outstanding! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Very ExpensiveBarryVIPDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I love your food but sooo expensive. Half order spaghetti ( about the size of 1/4 order ) $21. Give me a break! You need to add some other pasta. Make some pasta available with main dishes, especially veal parmigian, and add "easy" deserts: sorbet, gelato, etc. We'd love to return frequently and love to bring friends but I'd need to warn them re: prices.Special Features:
- Priceyeaterouter1Dined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I dined there for her birthday. I had reservations, however, the place was empty and we weren't greeted at the door by the host/hostess. I quick glance at the menu explained the very thin crowd. The food prices were inexplicably high. Our choices for water were presented like so. "Which would you like sparkling water which is $11/bottle (quart) , spring, or tap water?" Obviously the visual on gets from the mention of tap water isn't very appealing, so we chose spring for $8 / quart. Aside from the tacky presentation, the people were nice and food was really good, but not worth the price. The New York strip steak was $47 with some patty parts. All sides were ala carte for $ 12. Tasty, but not with it.Special Features:
- SardinianNickDined on 8/10/2014Overpriced! Mediocre! Very stingy with fresh ingredients.
- Romantic and scenicLauraDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful staff, fantastic food. View was superb. Beautiful, romantic, classy spot for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchfamily5funDined on 8/9/2014We had a great lunch. Wonderful food and service for a family of five!!! Loved the scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014Went here for a date. Very friendly staff...probably 7 people welcomed me on the way in. Attentive waiter. Food is pricey, but the steak was good, although slightly buttery, but this seems par for the course at US-based steak house.Special Features:
- Just go.KerinkVIPDined on 8/5/2014I believe the best thing I ever are lives there. Between the fresh made buratta and the veal parm chop. It's amazing. They have all of these special little details for customers. Seriously just go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place to celebrateCharlizehorseDined on 8/4/2014I chose Bond 45 to celebrate my loved ones 50th birthday and my waitress was super fantastic. I would Highly recommend this restaurant for dining with the view of the Ferris wheel on the Potomac ..AWESOME setting. I had the ribeye with the bone in I was very pleased with the portion served cooked as I asked for it. The bread is unique ... My waitress made the evening for us ...we left very content.Special Features:
- Waste of Time & MoneyEricDined on 8/2/2014General Comments: Ruined my anniversary, had to request menus...then drinks....then bread. I then ordered the $52 veal assuming it would come with pasta but because we werent greeted or read the specials, we didnt know the menu was ala carte resulting in my dinner just being a peice of meat...no pasta, no sides. My wife ordered the $39 lasagnae and it came out ice cold. We called the manager over and he said he would heat it up for us. By the time it was ready I had finished my peice of veal and asked for a to-go box. Ive never sent food back but at a place with prices like that, I guess I expected it to be comped...not so. I will never return and will be sure to recommend to my NOVA friends and neighbors its not worth the time or money.
- Great Food - Cleaniness needs workButterfinger3696Dined on 8/2/2014I love coming to Bond 45! Pros: We had an excellent dinner - 8/12 oz filets for myself and my husband and spaghetti/meatballs for our daughter. We even tried dessert - a vanilla meringue cake - delicious! The waitress was very nice. Cons: I did not like dining out on the indoor terrace. The view was spectacular, but the room was small itself and a bit dusty/stuffy. There was a party of four beside who were loud. Also, we had to wait just a bit to be seated and we had a reservation. The flooats along the walkway inside the restaurant were wet and sloshy - perhaps there was some flooding. Either way, mgmt should have had it cleaned immediately. It killed the ambiance on what was otherwise a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Overpriced! Not worth the $$. Bad service and so/so food.
- Truly outstanding steakJimTDined on 7/30/2014Ordered the prime dry-aged NY strip steak. It was truly outstanding - I had forgotten how good strip steaks taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodroadwarriorDined on 7/30/2014I took a client to the restaurant without knowing much about it. The prices are high even for DC area but the food and service are outstanding. For a special event or special client this is a great place to go.Special Features:
- Fine Dining Price without resultsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were taking a client and his wife out for dinner and wanted to make it grand. Well, BOND 45 fell way short. The waiting staff seemed a bit unorganized and slow. The food wasn't bad but didn't justify "fine dining" prices. Save some money and eat a Ruths Chris. I'm not cheap and I don't mind breaking the bank on dinner occasionally as long as it was worth it. This place is not worth it.
- good choice for upscale diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Our waiter rushed us repeatedly to order as soon as we sat down. We dined with close friends who we hadn't seen for a long time and wanted time to visit with them and have a leisurely dinner. Our waiter never let up, though we continued to tell him we needed more time. Footnote: we dined at Bond 45 the next night with a different waiter and it was much different - plenty of time to visit during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Over PricedDisappointedDined on 7/26/2014Having eaten at the Bond 45 in NYC and hoping to share that experience with my wife for her birthday I was really disappointed since this one was nowhere near as good of an experience. The one in NYC has the full italian menu (incl. pizza, etc. - compare NYC menu to national harbor menu on the bond45.com website). National Harbor has split into 2 separate restaurants (Bond 45 & Fiorella's across the street). - Go to the one in NYC, much better food, ambience and energy & overall experience!
- Italian FoodiesmagnumVIPDined on 7/26/2014Very disappointing experience at the Bond 45. We were having lunch on Saturday & food took very long time. There were only 3-4 tables dining during lunch when we were there.... Also, lasagna was very salty & came out cold....Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at the HarborLobsterLoverVIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I dined with two other couples to celebrate a promotion and job change for a good friend. Our table location was perfect with a breathtaking view of the Harbor; we watched the concert and The Wheel while enjoying the great company of friends. This is must visit restaurant. The food, ambiance and everything was just great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday NightVfromVirginiaDined on 7/25/2014My experience was with my husband and another couple. We selected the outdoor balcony, but a rock band started playing below and it was just too noisy. The waitress and manager were very thoughtful and courteous. We were moved quickly into a back room with a view of the water. The food was delicious! My girlfriends' meal was late, but again the manager was excellent and compensated the whole table. I would encourage anyone to try Bond 45 at the Harbor.Special Features:
- Good food, long waitweekendawayDined on 7/25/2014We've had dinner here a couple of times and the food is always great. I don't know if it was a bad night or what, but the delay between courses was exceptionally long. Thank goodness we didn't have the kids.Special Features:
- Awesome servicePharmboyDined on 7/24/2014We had a party of 7 and were placed in a private room, which was great. The food came timely and was as good as expected. Our server, on the other hand, was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food in a beautiful locationFoodheavenVIPDined on 7/24/2014Steaks were better than seafood but all in all a great place to eat in a very scenic location. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous meal here!CrystalDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated a friend's birthday here. From start to finish, it was a fabulous experience! Great table. Great service(thanks Roger!). And great food!Special Features:
- Ridiculously overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I knew the prices were Manhattan style before going in,that placed my expectations a higher than normal. The prosciutto mozzarella app lacked seasoning, all three entrees were cold. Ordered béarnaise with my filet and lobster tail got it 6 minutes after having to remind the food runners The Branzini was a few to 5 days old. The Ossobuco was a complete disaster the use of the end of the shank is a poor choice in dish construction (no marrow), the shank was not properly braised, it was tough, loaded with connective tissue and really bad, I believe the Parpadella was Dechecco, it should be made in house for that price. The complimentary cookies were passed on a dirty sheet pan and the cookies were just shy of burnt. Excellent olive oil.Special Features: