Bond 45 - National Harbor
149 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bond 45 - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bond45.com/
- Phone: (301) 839-1445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday-Sunday: Noon-4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:00 - 11pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Bond 45 National Harbor your occasion is our great privilege. Whether hosting a corporate event or celebrating one of life's momentous occasions, the food, service and ambiance of Bond 45 National Harbor are unparalled. We provide several options for both seated dinners and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Sylver 3018321487x
- Special Events: For Private Events please contact Nicole Sylver at 301-832-1487
A word from Bond 45 - National Harbor
Bond 45 serves up a genuine Italian experience including real American 'firsts'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bond 45 - National Harbor - Best Restaurants in National Harbor ›
Bond 45 - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)scenic view (68)romantic (49)fit for foodies (46)good for groups (40)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- It was ok but no way was it worth the prices!BethDDined on 11/15/2014It was a nice restaurant and a lovely location but the prices were outrageous. I can go to Capital Grille, Morton's, Ruth's Chris' for less than this restaurant and get a better meal. The food was good but certainly not worth the prices they charge. I was disappointed over all.Special Features:
- Fine FoodJabulileDined on 11/14/2014Both of our trips to Bomd 45 have been dinner/evening experiences and both we require good. Service is excellent with all staff attentive and focused on customers. The food was fresh, well prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentbilliepaulshamDined on 11/14/2014Went there for our anniversary and were served complimentary glasses of champagne. Our waiter was superb--always available when we wanted him, always checking up on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Delicious bread, yummy steak!! Busy vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014Excellent food, great service - would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- not worth the moneyozzymanVIPDined on 11/2/2014Slow service food quality below par for high priceSpecial Features:
- Very overpriced for quailtyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/2/2014Dinner was good but for the price it was ridiculous. If I'm going to pay that much the food had better be more than good. The stay was cooked right but still had adey taste to it. My partner loved his scallops
- Not Worth The MoneyBond45Dined on 11/1/2014Had dinner here Saturday night for my birthday. Ordered Porterhouse for 2 cooked Pittsburgh medium rare. Steak came out already sliced and it was more on the rare side near the bone. Steak had very little sear on the outside which is Pittsburgh style. Steak was tender but had a strange flavor, not sure what spices they used if any in cooking. Sides were fair portions and ok. Macaroni and Cheese was kind of dry and had little flavor. We did order Lasagna to go and that was good. Definitely not worth the $300.00 bill including tip. You have to expect a better steak at a steakhouse. As a travel agent I am always looking for good places to send my clients. This was not it.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014My reservation was for 2030 hours, we got to the table about 2045. We ordered an appetizer and meal. It took one hour for our food to be brought to the table. We asked for olives and we did not get them with the appetizer, they forgot and brought them after we were finished. We did not get a spoon for our side, we asked for a spoon and never got it. When the bill was brought to the table there was no pen. This is the second time I have eaten here, and I hate to say that I will never come back. Very disappointed. I would NOT recommend Bond 45 to anyone.Special Features:
- Sadly Disappointedlove2eatoutDined on 10/28/2014The overall experience and quality of the food WAS NOT worth the cost...way over priced for the value received. I would not go back nor recommend the place.Special Features:
- Fair to good but priceydpoarchDined on 10/25/2014The food was good but not impressive enough to warrant the cost. the appetizer meatballs were very good. My wife and i both ordered the aged strip loin. both steaks were burnt but still fairly tasty. the 12.00 side of potatoes reminded me of tater tots, we did not eat them and i do not think they belong on the menu in such a nice and pricey restaurant. The staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- Great Food and Amazing Service!FAMEDined on 10/25/2014The food was delicious but the service really made the experience. The calamari appetizer was a sample of the flavor story to come. It was perfectly seasoned and lightly breaded. The Crab Steak was made full of lump crab meat. No bread crumbs or fillers. If you enjoy a nice steak the dry aged NY Strip practically melts in your mouth. I'll definitely go for the filet or the surf and turf next time. The jumbo lump crab and shrimp stuffed lobster in three words...to die for! At the close of our meal, freshly baked chocolate chip cookies were passed. A nice touch for those who enjoy a sweet treat but didn't save room for dessert. My parents and I managed to save room for a slice of the cheesecake. Pure heaven!mi will definitely return.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedRichardCDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten here for years, something is very different about the food. It was not par with other outings at Bond 45.Special Features:
- A special DinnerSpecialDinnerDined on 10/24/2014I took my wife her for a quiet birthday dinner. Being our first time we were surprised how the food exceeded our expectations. It was just one good dish either. The Mozzarella and meatballs appetizer was amazing, the steaks were unlike any I have had and the cake was delicious and filing. Wine selection was good as well.Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousJoyousDined on 10/20/2014We came here for the second year in a row to celebrate our anniversary. I mentioned that when I made my reservations and they ensured everything was perfect. We got the best view of the Harbor, complimentary champagne, limoncello to go with our dessert and a very attentive server. We have been here several times over the past four years and we have never been disappointed. We chose the calamari and shrimp for our appetizer. It was so fresh and tasty! We shared the surf and turf along with Parmesan mashed potatoes. That dish was beautifully presented. I savored every bite. We always order a slice of tiramisu and red velvet cake for dessert. We always reserve Bond 45 for celebrating special occasions and they always deliver. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed our time at Bond 45 for an anniversary dinner and were expecting a traditional steakhouse. This was our first visit to the restaurant and would go back again. We started with the procuitto and mozzarella platter, delicious! We both ordered the dry aged steaks with the asparagus and rosemary potatoes. Fantastically flavored! We finished with a wonderful flute of lemoncillo and a complimentary chocolate chip cookie severed straight from the oven! Our sever was personable and shared his interests in formula 1 car racing as we are from the Baltimore area and he had visited for the recent race. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014nice steak, but portions were really small, steak was burnt. For $60+. What -- no baked potatoe??? Roast potatoes are SOOO boring. Other steak places in the area are better.Special Features:
- Steak restaurant - not Italian!HighexpectationsDined on 10/6/2014Food was good - excellent appetizer platter - prosciutto, tomatoes, etc. - but had a difficult time finding more than a few entrees I'd identified as "Italian". Despite this, the entrees were delicious - I had lump crab shaped into a "steak" and my guests shared a rib eye they said was excellent. The complimentary limoncello at the end of the meal was a lovely touch. Our server was extraordinary.
- DisappointingTravel4ever62Dined on 10/5/2014Took a business client for dinner. The ambience was very conducive to a business dinner and the wait staff were "appropriately attentive" (they were responsive, professional and attentive) but not intrusive. However the food was not above average and in fact the steaks were served barely warm and the 101 layered lasagne was burnt and dry. Sides and deserts were delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014I had fish which was great, one steak at our table was very over cooked, and the roasted skin on red potatoes where actually fried skin off Idaho potatoes. We have eaten here many times, usually everything is spot on this time not so much.
- Great ExperienceChrHarDined on 10/4/2014Friendly service. Comfortable atmosphere. Great selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute must!BOND45NHDined on 10/3/2014This is my second time here. As usual, wonderful service. I love the warm the cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TimeFunfoodDined on 10/3/2014Bond 45 was a great place to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. Our waiter catered to our every need and he appeared at the appropriate times. Made nice recommendations from the menu and off the menu. Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Food, but Horrible Service!ProfessorJakeVIPDined on 10/2/2014I ate here once before in the bar. That experience was awesome! Good food and good service even though the bartender was very busy, so I returned. This time was a dining room experience. Food was still great but as many of the other reviews point out, service can be a miss and sometimes very disappointing. Unfortunately, just be prepared not to experience good service and have very low expectations in that regard and you'll come away with at least a very good meal. The management seems very friendly and dives right in to help and carry the wait staff a great deal, but that's about all you can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousva1evan5VIPDined on 10/2/2014Pricey but good. Great for a special occasion. Try to sit outside. Great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife of a steak lover!DcflygirlDined on 10/2/2014Took my hubby there for his 64th birthday dinner. We were early but seated right away. The service was great, we had a table by the window with a view of the ferris wheel and the big screen showing the Nationals ball game. Our waitress was very pleasant, well informed, attentive and nice. The staff sang "Happy Birthday" to my husband in Italian, it was a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsclarkdcVIPDined on 9/30/2014I like steak and I like the steakhouse experience/food. This restaurant served me the best steak I have had in a long time. It was wonderful. Perfectly seasoned with a yummy bernaise sauce on the side. The rosemary potatoes were excellent and the tomato & blue cheese salad was well done. We ordered wine by the glass because our group had different entrees. The wines offered by the glass were terrific. I read the reviews of this place beforehand and was expecting a 3 star night. It exceeded those reviews by a lot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Bond 45Dani9269Dined on 9/30/2014The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. Want to try the one in NY now!Special Features:
- Awesome Anniverssry DinnerSweetnessDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I drove from Michigan to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. As my wife loves prime steak I decided to try Bond 45. The atmosphere was excellent and the service was great. Our waiter was fantastic. They seated us where we had a great view of the Harbor as we could watch the Ferris Wheel as it went around and changed colors. Our food was fantastic, cooked to our specification. We will certainly go back to Bond 45 again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No, no, & nojaceDined on 9/28/2014I am still mad at myself for sticking around, considering the service was SO poor & the prices were SO high. The food was bland at best, the server (receipt just says 8, no name) gave no explanation or suggestions, was gone for very long periods of time, & was just overall awful. When we spoke to the manager, his only response was, "He's one of our best." To which I responded, "If he's an example of your best, I'd hate to see your worst." Never again. I will never suggest this space to anyone. Ever.
- FantasticTonyDined on 9/27/2014I picked Bond 45 out of Website for National Harbor and it was a great choice.....Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014very good steakhouse, one of the best steaks I've had in the DC area. fabulous puff pastry bread /excellent cheese cake. Wait staff excellent, patio has wonderful sunset view and view of the ferris wheelSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDinnerDiningDameDined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent as usual. Service and seating, not so much. We had an early reservation and place was pretty empty. Seated off to the side with late afternoon sun making area pretty warm. Bench seat was dirty. Cleaned when we were ready to leave. Inatttentive service except for water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightKadineDined on 9/25/2014Perfect choice for a date night. Wine, whiskey and steak. Food was tasty. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for businessInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 9/22/2014This is a great spot to bring a client when your at the Convention center for a conference. Great Service, Great Food and an easy walk from the convention center.Special Features:
- 1st Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We celebrated our first wedding anniversary at dinner here. They were ver accommodating, allowing us to come earlier as we arrived one hour prior. Service was good.Food was good. I would return.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceChrisDined on 9/20/2014Terrible overall experience. Had 2 waiters and order was still messed up. 45 min for sautéed spinach? Crazy, never got a refill on beverages and had to track down a manager to get my check. Who by the way I'm guessing knew service was bad, because he never once asked how everything was.Special Features:
- Excellent service & tasty foodDCLocalVIPDined on 9/19/2014After bragging to our friends how great this place was we finally got them to come out and try it. We all had the filets but unfortunately 3 of 4 were overcooked. While disappointing, they replaced the steaks and more than made up for it in service and free desserts. Our friends said the replacement steaks were worth the wait and it turned out to be an excellent night despite a bit of rockiness. The staff here is top notch. The food, when done right, is amazing. Great flavors - the prosciutto and mozzarella platter is fantastic. The asparagus with cheese is a must order and there is no bad option on the giant desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a pleasant experienceGirlsWeekendDined on 9/19/2014Customers were offered complimentary champagne after being seated, we were not. The poor service continued from there. We felt ignored most of the dinning experience, the dinning room was not busy. The filet was prepared very well, the rest of the food was fair and overpriced.Special Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/19/2014The experience was excellent, it was great food, service, ambiance. Well worth the money!Special Features: