Bond 45 - National Harbor
149 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Bond 45 - National Harbor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bond45.com/
- Phone: 3018391445x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday-Sunday: Noon-4:00pm
Dinner:Sunday-Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5:00 - 11pm,
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Bond 45 National Harbor your occasion is our great privilege. Whether hosting a corporate event or celebrating one of life's momentous occasions, the food, service and ambiance of Bond 45 National Harbor are unparalled. We provide several options for both seated dinners and cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Sylver 3018321487x
- Special Events: For Private Events please contact Nicole Sylver at 301-832-1487
A word from Bond 45 - National Harbor
Bond 45 serves up a genuine Italian experience including real American 'firsts'Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bond 45 - National Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)scenic view (75)romantic (50)fit for foodies (46)great for outdoor dining (39)good for groups (37)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I enjoyed our time at Bond 45 for an anniversary dinner and were expecting a traditional steakhouse. This was our first visit to the restaurant and would go back again. We started with the procuitto and mozzarella platter, delicious! We both ordered the dry aged steaks with the asparagus and rosemary potatoes. Fantastically flavored! We finished with a wonderful flute of lemoncillo and a complimentary chocolate chip cookie severed straight from the oven! Our sever was personable and shared his interests in formula 1 car racing as we are from the Baltimore area and he had visited for the recent race. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestFoodieVIPDined on 10/11/2014nice steak, but portions were really small, steak was burnt. For $60+. What -- no baked potatoe??? Roast potatoes are SOOO boring. Other steak places in the area are better.Special Features:
- Steak restaurant - not Italian!HighexpectationsDined on 10/6/2014Food was good - excellent appetizer platter - prosciutto, tomatoes, etc. - but had a difficult time finding more than a few entrees I'd identified as "Italian". Despite this, the entrees were delicious - I had lump crab shaped into a "steak" and my guests shared a rib eye they said was excellent. The complimentary limoncello at the end of the meal was a lovely touch. Our server was extraordinary.
- DisappointingTravel4ever62Dined on 10/5/2014Took a business client for dinner. The ambience was very conducive to a business dinner and the wait staff were "appropriately attentive" (they were responsive, professional and attentive) but not intrusive. However the food was not above average and in fact the steaks were served barely warm and the 101 layered lasagne was burnt and dry. Sides and deserts were delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/5/2014I had fish which was great, one steak at our table was very over cooked, and the roasted skin on red potatoes where actually fried skin off Idaho potatoes. We have eaten here many times, usually everything is spot on this time not so much.
- Great ExperienceChrHarDined on 10/4/2014Friendly service. Comfortable atmosphere. Great selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute must!BOND45NHDined on 10/3/2014This is my second time here. As usual, wonderful service. I love the warm the cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TimeFunfoodDined on 10/3/2014Bond 45 was a great place to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. Our waiter catered to our every need and he appeared at the appropriate times. Made nice recommendations from the menu and off the menu. Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Food, but Horrible Service!ProfessorJakeVIPDined on 10/2/2014I ate here once before in the bar. That experience was awesome! Good food and good service even though the bartender was very busy, so I returned. This time was a dining room experience. Food was still great but as many of the other reviews point out, service can be a miss and sometimes very disappointing. Unfortunately, just be prepared not to experience good service and have very low expectations in that regard and you'll come away with at least a very good meal. The management seems very friendly and dives right in to help and carry the wait staff a great deal, but that's about all you can count on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousva1evan5VIPDined on 10/2/2014Pricey but good. Great for a special occasion. Try to sit outside. Great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife of a steak lover!DcflygirlDined on 10/2/2014Took my hubby there for his 64th birthday dinner. We were early but seated right away. The service was great, we had a table by the window with a view of the ferris wheel and the big screen showing the Nationals ball game. Our waitress was very pleasant, well informed, attentive and nice. The staff sang "Happy Birthday" to my husband in Italian, it was a wonderful birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationsclarkdcVIPDined on 9/30/2014I like steak and I like the steakhouse experience/food. This restaurant served me the best steak I have had in a long time. It was wonderful. Perfectly seasoned with a yummy bernaise sauce on the side. The rosemary potatoes were excellent and the tomato & blue cheese salad was well done. We ordered wine by the glass because our group had different entrees. The wines offered by the glass were terrific. I read the reviews of this place beforehand and was expecting a 3 star night. It exceeded those reviews by a lot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Bond 45Dani9269Dined on 9/30/2014The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable. Want to try the one in NY now!Special Features:
- Awesome Anniverssry DinnerSweetnessDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I drove from Michigan to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. As my wife loves prime steak I decided to try Bond 45. The atmosphere was excellent and the service was great. Our waiter was fantastic. They seated us where we had a great view of the Harbor as we could watch the Ferris Wheel as it went around and changed colors. Our food was fantastic, cooked to our specification. We will certainly go back to Bond 45 again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No, no, & nojaceDined on 9/28/2014I am still mad at myself for sticking around, considering the service was SO poor & the prices were SO high. The food was bland at best, the server (receipt just says 8, no name) gave no explanation or suggestions, was gone for very long periods of time, & was just overall awful. When we spoke to the manager, his only response was, "He's one of our best." To which I responded, "If he's an example of your best, I'd hate to see your worst." Never again. I will never suggest this space to anyone. Ever.
- FantasticTonyDined on 9/27/2014I picked Bond 45 out of Website for National Harbor and it was a great choice.....Special Features:
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014very good steakhouse, one of the best steaks I've had in the DC area. fabulous puff pastry bread /excellent cheese cake. Wait staff excellent, patio has wonderful sunset view and view of the ferris wheelSpecial Features:
- BirthdayDinnerDiningDameDined on 9/27/2014Food was excellent as usual. Service and seating, not so much. We had an early reservation and place was pretty empty. Seated off to the side with late afternoon sun making area pretty warm. Bench seat was dirty. Cleaned when we were ready to leave. Inatttentive service except for water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightKadineDined on 9/25/2014Perfect choice for a date night. Wine, whiskey and steak. Food was tasty. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for businessInterviewdinnerVIPDined on 9/22/2014This is a great spot to bring a client when your at the Convention center for a conference. Great Service, Great Food and an easy walk from the convention center.Special Features:
- 1st Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We celebrated our first wedding anniversary at dinner here. They were ver accommodating, allowing us to come earlier as we arrived one hour prior. Service was good.Food was good. I would return.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceChrisDined on 9/20/2014Terrible overall experience. Had 2 waiters and order was still messed up. 45 min for sautéed spinach? Crazy, never got a refill on beverages and had to track down a manager to get my check. Who by the way I'm guessing knew service was bad, because he never once asked how everything was.Special Features:
- Excellent service & tasty foodDCLocalVIPDined on 9/19/2014After bragging to our friends how great this place was we finally got them to come out and try it. We all had the filets but unfortunately 3 of 4 were overcooked. While disappointing, they replaced the steaks and more than made up for it in service and free desserts. Our friends said the replacement steaks were worth the wait and it turned out to be an excellent night despite a bit of rockiness. The staff here is top notch. The food, when done right, is amazing. Great flavors - the prosciutto and mozzarella platter is fantastic. The asparagus with cheese is a must order and there is no bad option on the giant desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a pleasant experienceGirlsWeekendDined on 9/19/2014Customers were offered complimentary champagne after being seated, we were not. The poor service continued from there. We felt ignored most of the dinning experience, the dinning room was not busy. The filet was prepared very well, the rest of the food was fair and overpriced.Special Features:
- Great DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/19/2014The experience was excellent, it was great food, service, ambiance. Well worth the money!Special Features:
- A Gem in the NeighborhoodTribecaGirlDined on 9/17/2014The special occasion dinner I wanted could not have been more perfect. The special guy in my life was celebrating his 49th birthday. I wanted a great place to celebrate his day and show him he's wasn't getting older but better. Bond 45 was at the top of the scale, from taking my 5-7 phone calls to discuss the reservation, seating us at the perfect table (in an alcove looking out at the ferris wheel and water), assigning our waiter Steve, who had the perfect balance of attentiveness without being bothersome, amazing food - we had the filet with lobster and the NY Strip, to the waitstaff and managers singing happy birthday to him in Italian with a lovely desert. I will go to this restaurant again and again.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJeffreyDined on 9/14/2014My partner and I had a wonderful dinner at Bond 45 Last night. The weather and ambiance were specatacular. We choose this restaurant after having a wonderful Valentine's Day dinner there earlier this year. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- great servicegourmetmanDined on 9/14/2014I really enjoyed the steak and the level of attention given to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal Parm!!!ALLGOOD55VIPDined on 9/13/2014Great dish...a must have. Server was very good with excellent recommendations.Special Features:
- Bond 45OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Hello, we were disappointed with Bond 45 this time. We were really excited about a mojito to find out they were out of mint. Then we wanted the chocolate mousse desert, went to order it and found out they were out of that. The steak we ordered was suppose to be medium/well and it was well. We had brought friends with us to show them what a great place Bond 45 was and it was a disappointment. Our friend said it was a 4 out of 10. :(Special Features:
- Overpriced and bad serviceAvonneDined on 9/13/2014My experience at this restaurant was not a good one. Our waitress was rude, unfriendly, rushed and inattentive, she didn’t greet us or introduce herself. I asked her a few questions about the menu, and apparently I bothered her, she was extremely vague and uninterested. After 10 minutes, we asked if we were supposed to have bread for the table, she said her “helper” is supposed to take care of that, and brought out cold bread. As for the oil mixture - she poured the Olive oil, vinaigrette and seasons in a bowl and left, without mixing it or saying a word. Our entrees - the stuffed lobster and my boyfriend had the bone in filet - were delicious. The roasted potatoes and sautéed spinach were extremely salty, and completely overpriced.Special Features:
- DeliciousesilberholzDined on 9/13/2014We found Bond 45 to have excellent food. We were unfortunately seated right at the entrance of the dining room, so the traffic in and out did not create the ambiance we would have wanted. It was also a bit noisy because of our location. Service was a little slow at times, but not bad. The food made up for most of this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An approximation of NYC Bond45ewilDined on 9/12/2014We love Bond45 and when we visit New York City, we like to dine there. The Bond45 in National Harbor is not nearly the same experience. If you've been to Bond45 in National Harbor, be sure to try the one in NYC so you can see what I mean. If you've been to Bond45 in NYC, don't have expectations of the same experience at Bond45 National Harbor. The food was not bad, but not nearly worth the price.
- Food Great, Service not as muchRubysmomDined on 9/12/2014We've eaten at Bond 45 National Harbor before and have had great dinners, food and service. It has become our favorite place for steak. This time service was off. We were seated where evening sun was right in our eyes. We mentioned this to our waitress but she seemed to think we should just wait for the sun to go down. My husband then flagged a manager who quickly moved us to another section but then our waitress was much less attentive, perhaps because we were out of her area? Anyway, we'll return again but we'll be careful where we are seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GooddinningDined on 9/10/2014While the food was good, it was not worth the price. Very expensive.Special Features:
- The worst place I ever been toTony12Dined on 9/7/2014Bad service one hour and half to get the food and it was coldSpecial Features:
- ExcellentthielbmwDined on 9/1/2014Went here for the first time to celebrate our Anniversary. Excellent food, service, and overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningMikeBDined on 8/30/2014We ate at Bond 45 on Saturday, August 30 2014 which was the middle of Labor Day weekend at National Harbor. The area was VERY crowded so we were afraid that the restaurant might be too crowded with tourists and families and the possibility of having a nice dinner without too much noise would be low. However, our seating was great and the service was outstanding. The food was very good - be sure to get the mozzarella and prosciutto appetizer. The dinner and the evening was wonderful.Special Features:
- It was ok.NeechDined on 8/30/2014For the price, which was excessive at best, I thought the place was a total let down. I am not afraid to spend money on food. I love steak houses, but $62 for a cowboy ribeye that is tough, and over cooked is unacceptable. $12 for a dry over cooked bowl of Mac and cheese that punted to about a cup also excessive. So the point was the price but what I got for the money. Dessert was yummy but again $12. All said and done $340 for 2 people (app, meal, and two cocktails).
- Daughters Sweet 16 Birthday DinnerFood4lifeDined on 8/30/2014The quality of the food was very good. The service was rough and not the experience level expected from a fine steakhouse. The atmosphere was average not high end. Desert offering was only three cakes. Good place but not great especially for the prices.