Bonaventure Brewing Co. - Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90071Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
Bonaventure Brewing Co. - Westin Bonaventure Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bonaventurebrewing.com/
- Phone: 2132360802
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Bonaventure Brewing Company's outdoor Terrace offers a spectacular view of downtown Los Angeles. It's a great place for a party, wedding, concert or corporate event. Whether your event is for a group of 12 or 1200, the Bonaventure Brewing Company's #1 priority is your satisfaction. We have a great variety of menu choices for every type of event •9,000 square foot indoor/outdoor venue • Award winning micro-brews brewed on-site • Full audio visual availability • Heat lamps for a cool night • Umbrellas for a sunny day
- Private Party Contact: Connie Alvarez 2132360802
- Cross Street: 4th
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: $7.00 validated valet hotel parking! Includes first 4 hours with our validation. Park in the Bonaventure Hotel valet parking (entrance located on Flower St between 4th and 5th)and take the escalator (guest elevators do not stop on the 4th floor) to the 4th floor and make a right.
A word from Bonaventure Brewing Co. - Westin Bonaventure Hotel
Welcome to the Bonaventure Brewing Co. Your oasis in Downtown LA. Located on the 4th floor, pool deck level of the historic Westin Bonaventure Hotel. Enjoy the picturesque outdoor patio where you can enjoy an unsurpassed view of the city skyline. Bonaventure Brewing Co. is the only true brewery in downtown Los Angeles. Try a taster set of our award-winning ales crafted by Head Brewer David Blackwell. We serve classic American fare with international flair and the warmest customer service around.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bonaventure Brewing Co. - Westin Bonaventure Hotel - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bonaventure Brewing Co. - Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food was OK... the service lacksJeMNDined on 8/21/2014Our waitress brought out 7 plates and said the 8th plate (a burger) would be right out. We waited, and waited, and waited, but no burger. Obviously we couldn't eat because our friend didn't have her plate yet. About 15 minutes later our waitress comes and informs us that the plate had been given away to another table by mistake and they were cooking another one up, that it'd be 1 more minute. So we wait, and wait, and wait, another 15 minutes later the plate finally comes out and we can all finally eat our cold food. The food was ok, nothing special, especially not worth the rediculous wait. I won't be returning.Special Features:
- pat CPatCDined on 8/4/2014Just a typical convention hotel sandwich and burger place attached to the lounge. The outdoor patio is pleasant although not very private with foot traffic coming through. The menu is mainly oversized burgers with a few ordinary entrees. House-made craft beers are good but not ouitstanding. If u have time go a few blocks afield from the Westin for more varied and better choices.
- Great placeLemagar87Dined on 6/15/2014Our dining experience was great we sat outside and enjoyed the scenery surrounding us. It was a bit chilly so they put out heaters for those who were cold. Would totally go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say?Odaliz1VIPDined on 5/20/2014What can I say? It's close and an option outside of our usual dining locales. Unfortunately, I find the food to always be bland.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Bonaventure Brewing Co. - Westin Bonaventure Hotel reviews archive.
- Worst ServiceAlwysaldyDined on 4/9/2014We waited after being seated approximately 15 minutes for the server to come over (that's after I had to get up twice to ask that our server be sent over). He was bartending with about 3 people at the bar who already had their drinks. When he came over there was no apology for making us wait just a beer on the house because he forgot to bring a extra glass that we had been waiting on for over 5 minutes. Once we received our food the order was incorrect. It was just not a satisfying experience for first timers. We have a hour for lunch but it ended up being an hour and a half. servers need to be re-trained. They are pretty bad.Special Features:
- Din DinBooskieDined on 2/14/2014Romantic spot...nice and chill atmosphere, overall very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading TitleProseccoDateNightDined on 1/5/2014This is a hotel bar, not a local brewery. Very hard to get to from the street.
- First-Time VisitJessemyDined on 11/1/2013We made our reservation thru Open Table and were VERY pleased! We were seated right away, the food was tasty and presentable and arrived at our table within a short period of time. The decor was cute (Halloween) and the wait-staff were pleasant and friendly. The only thing missing (for us) were a few gluten-free choices on the menu. It is often very hard to tell which dishes are 'safe' , especially with soups and sauces, for a person who is allergic to wheat. Luckily our waiter was happy to go check with the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's my lunch?gourmandDined on 11/1/2013So everyone else had lunch, but mine was missing. We called our server over, and she said, oh let me check on that... I think she had never put in the order. Once I got it, lunch was fine.Special Features:
- wine94dinewine94dineDined on 10/30/2013I typically love coming to the Bonaventure Brewing Company but approximately a year ago the service has been very slow. A few years back I would come to the restaurant and be seated and a plate of bread was brought to the table. That does not occur anymore. Unfortunately, I do not enjoy coming to eat here anymore. I came this time because one of my friends really wanted to come to the restaurant. Also, the menu was changed a bit. It is too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Music Center -JIV814Dined on 10/26/2013Delicious food and a beautiful roof-top patio for dinner before the theater.Special Features:
- better place for drinkinghookjrDined on 10/9/2013their beers were deliciou but I cant really saw the same about their food. its definitely a romantic setting if youre outside. our waitress was attentive and polite. my only disappointment was the food. for the price I expected better. ordered my burger medium rare and it came to me burnt and drySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok food, ok serviceoserranoDined on 10/4/2013food was ok, service by the waiter was also ok, hostess was terrible, for this reason i would not go back or recommend
- Okay for Bar FoodDanHDined on 9/27/2013The food wasn't great, but it was just okay. I order the American Kobe Burger and it was way overcooked. On the menu it said there were portabello mushrooms in them, but I'm am 100% sure there were no mushrooms there. My girlfriend ordered the salmon, which says it comes with "sweet corn puree," what actually came out were pieces of corn sprinkled on top of the salmon. It seemed a little busy so we didn't make a fuss about the little things, like the overcooked burger and the inaccurate menu descriptions. I'd give the food a solid 2.5 stars, but wouldn't pay the prices they are asking for their quality of food.Special Features:
- Retirement LuncheonPodsDined on 9/4/2013Had a retirement luncheon for a coworker at the Bonaventure Brewing Co. Beautiful day and patio setting in downtown LA. Good food and service. This coworker did not want a big to-do about their retirement after 29 years, but was really pleased with this send off. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Patio DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2013'Walked over from a neighboring office building and comfortably enjoyed lunch under an umbrella on the attractive patio. The food was excellent and service was attentive. The patio was nice and quiet. Even when a large group (10-12) were seated nearby, we enjoyed our conversation without distraction. It was a mini-summer vacation away from the climate controlled confines of our corporate cubicles! I recommend other downtown LA employees add this restaurant to their list when going out for lunch. Lots of choices on the menu, something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome outdoor view at nightakrrDined on 8/13/2013Sat on the outside heated patio, ate dinner with the skyrises around me. Very nice setting...service was stellar and the food was pretty good. Try the rosemary chicken, it's ultra soft and full of flavor. Valet parking was $7 for 3 hrs. After dinner, you can also head up to the 35th floor rotating lounge for drinks and dessert... spectacular view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average place in a dilapitated hoteNozferatuVIPDined on 8/10/2013Hard to find, slow service, old, grungy feel, just not a good experience. I now know why I hadnt' visited the Bonaventure for over 15 years....it's exactly how I left it.
- Food was not memorable... HappySkinnyFatFoodyDined on 8/1/2013Food was not memorable... Happy hour disaspointed... Had literally the worst beer of my life... Service was slow
- Food was excellent. Our waitressluv2finediningVIPDined on 7/17/2013Food was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive.prices arent that bad.Special Features:
- The original intention ofOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2013The original intention of meeting at this restaurant was the outdoor patio. We had a reservation for 20 and wanted to be able to hear each other talk plus the outdoor ambience was a lot better than the indoor. However, it was very chilly and windy out (June evening) so we decided to move indoors. The restaurant was able to accommodate our large group indoors and the food was good. The noise level was very high so it was sort of hard to have a conversation but overall it was a good experience and the restaurant was very accommodating to our group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was a good option for disneyfoodieDined on 6/5/2013was a good option for disney hall dining; we took a five minute taxi ride to get there from disney hall, had a nice dinner, service was quick and amiable.
- Lobster Bisque was very goodErroVIPDined on 5/6/2013The Blackened Chicken sandwich was very good as well. you can eat inside or outside and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for hotel guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/25/2013The Ahi Tuna Salad was divine. Great for a nice place is unwind and enjoy the view with family or friends.Special Features:
- I had reservations for 6 andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2013I had reservations for 6 and when we got there was not table ready for us. Then instead of putting two tables together at the patio(there were plenty available) they sent us to the bar, all the way to the corner right next to the employees' locker. Our waitress was the bartender and obviously, she spent most of her time behind the bar thank attending us. After we received our meals, she only came once to asked us how the food was but never returned to refill our drinks...and since we were a group of 6 the tip was added automatically so I think she just didn't care. The food was delicious but overall it was not a pleaseant experience.Special Features:
- Nice hearty meal, great ambianceLuvgreatfoodDined on 2/17/2013Nice hearty meal, great ambiance and superb service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not return to or recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I would not return to or recommend to anyone. Although we were seated right away and our sever met us promptly, it took almost an hour to get salmon and a medium steak.Special Features: