Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria
8439 Park Meadows Center Dr.
Lone Tree, CO 80124Neighborhood:
Highlands Ranch / Lone Tree
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bonannobrotherspizzeria.com/
- Phone: 3037998900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Friday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: David Lindberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria
Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria, located inside The Vistas at Park Meadows, is a lively pizzeria from chef Frank Bonanno that celebrates the art of wood fire cooking. An open kitchen and charcuterie station showcase skilled pizza markers, cheese mongers and salumi artisans. With accents that invoke the historic Florence Train Station, Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria is a communal space, perfect for family gatherings and social outings with friends. The dining room features a sprawling bar, equipped with craft beer and wine on tap, as well as a garage door that opens to a comfortable patio. Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria has all the amenities of a fine-dining establishment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (5)special occasion (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Pizza for restaurant weekDenverDinerVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had excellent service and meals. The cocktails were terrific. They make their own tonic and ginger beer for mixers which are very refreshing. The selection for this special week was very good and good value for high quality of food. The proscuitto, margherita and mushroom pizzas were excellent. The crispy beans for appetizer were excellent (and very filling) and cannoli desserts wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Burrata!James17Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to BB several times and always get the Burrata which is amazing. I've never been disappointed with anything I've ordered, but my favorites are obviously the Burrata, the Beet Salad and The Margherita pizza. Service is usually great as well. We've brought several friends in for their first time as well and they were also very happy with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 for 2 on poor, slow serviceAlisonVIPDined on 8/23/2014My family and I have eaten here twice now... once just to grab some pizza before a movie and the last time to enjoy a longer experience during restuarant week. Both times were disappointing. The first time around the pizza and salad were quite good, but we found ourselves constantly waiting on service. Whether it be to order, to get a refill on iced tea, or to just pay our bill. Then this weekend for restaurant week we found service a problem yet again, and the food wasn't good enough to redeem it. Salad was overdressed, pasta was under seasoned, cannoli was so tart I wondered if the cheese had turned. All while used plates from the first two courses were never bussed from our table. We won't be returning.
- SandraVIPDined on 8/14/2014Not as good as Osteria Marco. Had the meatball sliders, which were good, though the slider buns were not particularly appropriate for the meatball shape. The pizza was not nearly as good as at Osteria Marco (we've eaten at this sister restaurant a number of times). It is located on a row with a number of other restaurants, several of them very busy though Bonanno Bros. was slow. The food was OK, we may go back, but we won't rush back as we would to Osteria Marco.
- One of my FavsMichelle5280Dined on 8/12/2014For authentic pizza, burata, salads, breads, prosccuito, this is so delicious. Follow the staffs recommendations on dessert, some not as good as others.Special Features:
- Great FoodKitaDined on 8/9/2014I went with a group of girls so we shared a bunch of food. We loved everything!! The pizzas were great, meatball sliders awesome, mussels were amazing and the Barrata appetizer was great. Our waiter was fun and helpful about what to order. We were all happy with the food and would go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Quality and ServiceScottinAuroraVIPDined on 8/6/2014Dependably good food and service every time. A great go-to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful staffDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014We always feel special and welcome! The staff treats us do very well. The managers always stop at our table to say hello and we greatly appreciate it.Special Features:
- Great place to bring familyDaveVIPDined on 7/3/2014Brought my parents in who were from South Dakota. They loved the wine selection, as well as the meat and cheese tray. Parents said it was the best pizza they have ever had on their lives. I agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BB slippingGimmePuckVIPDined on 6/28/2014Osteria Marco may be my favorite restaurant in Denver and when the sister restaurant opened in my neighborhood, I was ecstatic. Bonanno Brothers was superb when it first opened, but over the past 3 months the food quality has slipped dramatically. It's definitely not the superb quality that I know the Bonanno's are capable of delivering. Pizzas have been soggy and unattractive, as if somebody told somebody who told somebody about the recipe. The burrata is always fabulous and the service has always been pleasant and efficient.
- Triple to deep leftcoloradosteveDined on 6/20/2014A solid hit for us at Frank's Place and the opening of Jersey Boys for date night...our 38th Anniversary. We slipped in to a place conceived by a Creative dreamer while he sat in a pizza joint in Brooklyn as a boy dreaming about a perfect pizzeria. Frankly, the rest of the night flowed just down that path: exquisite Burrata, crisp Ceasar Salad, a pizza that was doughlicious spot on, but exploding with the individual flavors of the ingredients. Did I mention a chocolate cookie cake that the naughty angels from Willy Wonka sent to the table to help us celebrate? And for a final act the fantastic staff brought their Gift if homemade berrycella and grapefruitcella. Thanks folks! A Perfect way to kick off our 39th year together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Yummy craft diningFamilyOf3Dined on 5/17/2014Must have the burrata and a specialty bar drink. The rest of the food is fantastic, but if you start your meal with these 2 items, you won't be disappointed. Great place to dine outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing visit to Bonanno Brosms48910Dined on 5/16/2014Was expecting an authentic Italian pizza experience. Menu was dumbed down for the "American" palette. The majority of what we ordered (tuna appetizer, pizza, two salads) were loaded with cheese on top of cheese, fried bread, too much guacamole and in general totally unhealthy. The Caesar salad was minuscule and the chopped salad was a heart attack on a plate. Pizza (salsciccia) was awful; sausage tasted funny, sauce tasted canned and the pizza was not cooked properly. Wine by the glass selection disappointing and had sticker shock when the check arrived. Service was excellent. Unfortunately, we will not be returning. My question: how is this restaurant associated with Mizuna - our favorite restaurant in Denver? Disappointing.
- Not the same as beforefoodfanVIPDined on 5/13/2014This was our 4th time at the restaurant and it was not the same restaurant as we had experienced previously. The service was slow even though the restaurant was empty, the menu had been reduced, the glass of wine was tiny, pizza doughy and the rest of the food average. The 3 other times we dined here, our experience and food was great. It seemed like they were trying to cut back costs and our waitress even mentioned that they no longer had the dessert pizza because nutella had become too expensive. When we mentioned all this to our server, she offered to tell the manager but we discouraged her and then he was nowhere to be found when we left.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day Brunchret3Dined on 5/11/2014Bloody Mary was nice and spicy. Pizza combinations are fantastic. Special brunch frittatas were wonderful options.Special Features:
- DisappointingdogdinerDined on 5/10/2014Pizza was good and salad was good. Wife's chicken panini was bland with no taste. Service was missed for much of meal and it wasn't that busy. Root beer was spicey and odd tasting. No frills decor, plain. Will not return. Too risky for my limited budget.
- Always a treatDenverDinerVIPDined on 5/9/2014Three of us had a great meal. We were there later on Friday night after the crowds...loved the braseola and house made burrata. Everyone's pizzas were great-mushrooms, sausages etc.. My "Loner" cocktail was terrific-very different and refreshing. the only so-so was the calamari--a bit chewy but tasted great and served with very good dipping sauces.Special Features:
- 3 times in 2 weekscwcynDined on 4/17/2014We've dined at other Bonanno restaurants and were excited to have one closer to Parker. We stopped by for lunch and had the mushroom pizza (lots of good combos to try). One pizza was plenty for both of us and we even took a couple slices home - very reasonable prices. The crust is absolutely the best. I liked it so much I brought a friend there for lunch two days later. This time margherita pizza - also excellent and we split a just-as-good Caesar salad. This week, my husband and I tried it for dinner. We both had cioppino - the broth was fabulous and came with grilled ciabatta for dipping. It also had plenty of mussels, squid & shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizza and budinoKhabeggerVIPDined on 3/22/2014I have had both lunch and dinner and have not been disappointed in any of our selections, the cheese and meats plate, the octopus, mushroom pizza, bresaola, speck, and salami. The best though and worth the trip is the desert, chocolate budino with a little olive oil and sea salt. Don't forget to save room.Special Features:
- Best pizza since our Italy trip!JohnVIPDined on 3/22/2014Finally made it to Bonanno Brothers and glad we did. The pizza is so similar to the great pizza that we had in various parts of Italy. Food is fresh and delicious. The prosciutto and arugula pizza is one of the best pizzas we have ever tasted! Incongruous to think that fresh arugula on top of a pizza would work so well, but it's an excellent balance for all the rest. We'll be back soon! (Hint: Caitlin's a great waiter!)Special Features:
- Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!DegersuzVIPDined on 3/15/2014This is the best pizza I have ever had! The crust (hand tossed) is soft and chewy and the sauce is bursting with flavor. We chose the Salsaccia Pizza and it was absolutely delicious! Our server, Jackie, was fantastic! She gave us some great suggestions and we were definitely not disappointed! We will be back!Special Features:
- Thought it'd be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2014We have eaten at some of the other restaurants owned be the same people and everything was wonderful. I can not say the same about this one. Food was Good not great. Slow it took a long time for me and my husband it took about and hour and a half from the time we sat down to the time we left. Sad I was really excited about this place
- DinnersanchezDined on 3/7/2014My fiance and I have been here before with great experience. So when we decided to go back we weren't expecting all of the unexpected mishaps. I ordered the cioppino thinking it will be amazing; the waitress even said it was amazing. But, when the food came out most of the seafood was still raw. The waitress apologized and I ordered something else. The manager came over and spoke to us but didn't offer to comp any part of our food for the inconvenience. He apologized and simply when about his day. That was very disappointing. We love going to the Bonnanos restaurants but this time was disappointing.Special Features:
- Came here for dinner and unfortunatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2014Came here for dinner and unfortunately were not impressed. Appetizers were ok but main course was not good. We had to send order of Octopus back and replacement Calamari & pepperonchini was not any better so we left it untouched. One friend ordered Chiopinno and calamari were undercooked so she nibbled a little and left a lot on her plate. We told about it to our waitress, she offered to have it cooked some more. Really? Seriously? I would expect them to take it off the bill, but that didn't happen, neither on untouched order of Calamari. Our waitress was nice and attentive and deserved the 20% we left her but food had absolutely nothing to do with that. It is a shame since Luca is our favorite Italian place in town and we go there often.
- GREAT PLACE.STARDined on 3/5/2014FRESH MOZARELLA, GREAT HAPPY HOUR DEALS. PIZZA WAS GOOD.Special Features:
- Great Food and Fun!ErinDined on 2/28/2014This was a great place to participate in 5280 Restaurant Week. Everything on the menu was delicious! And they offered discounts on wine which was great for our girls night out! Thanks Bonanno Bros…it was delicious!Special Features:
- Good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014The food was actually very good. My wife and daughter and I went here for Restaurant Week. The pizzas were a little salty for my taste, but still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Marr2Dined on 2/22/2014The service and food was fantastic! The only thing was it was cold in the restaurant which made it not 100% enjoyable. Other than that I would say it's the best pizza I have ever had and I love pizza. Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyPickyVIPDined on 2/21/2014The gluten free pizza is better than most, the food is great and the staff is wonderful. Especially the manager. Outgoing, friendly and 100% decided to making you feel like a star!Special Features:
- Over all very good experienceBcan163Dined on 2/14/2014Had a reservation for 745 pm valentines day (Friday night). We got there about 10 mins early. They did not have our Thales ready but only waited about 15 minutes for table. They have an open bar so we got a drink at the bar. Good election of drinks ( at least beers). Menu is simple. The only complaint I have is service was very good but it was slow. Took us about 2.5 hours from sit to bill paid. They were busy but not packed by any means so confused as to why it was slow. There were tables free throughout our time there so confused. But our waitress kept updating us so we I would still say good service. Lastly food is very good! All food was fresh and not gross greasy but just the right amount for pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceSethDined on 2/14/2014I recently visited Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria with my Wife on Valentines day. I had made the reservation through Open Table. When we arrived our table was not ready, so we had to wait about 10 minutes, not a great start, but I understand that sometimes it is hard to plan when a table will be ready, so we will give them that much. Once we were sat, it took nearly 30 minutes for someone to get our order. I had to stop a member of management and ask for assistance so that we could order food and drinks! Now, Bonanno Brothers touts their wine list and they even have a sommelier visiting tables to assist with Wine pairings. They have a very extensive cheese and meets menu to pair with their wines. I never had the opportunity. Dissapointing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe too many customersBonnieDined on 2/14/2014We have loved "happy hour" at Bonanno Brothers. Lunch was not as good, slow service and artichoke was not warm. The short rib special on the menu for Valentine's was awful, very dry. Maybe we'll try happy hour again but that's it.
- It was a good little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014It was a good little spot for and nice quite night out for me and my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Artisan Pizza as it should be!coloradosteveDined on 2/7/2014Start to finish, a great blend of quality, sophisticated ingredients and rustic Neopolitan pizza. Doesn't need to be much better than this! Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It just gets better and better!CaninekidsVIPDined on 2/3/2014We were 2 friends catching up on a Friday night. The place was so packed we had to sit at the bar, but no matter! The bar chairs were comfortable, Zeke, our bartender/ server, was great, and watching the guys cook pizza was very entertaining. We split the mussels to start. They were hot and fresh, and the homemade sausage was fantastic. The mussels were so filling, we were glad they gave us time before we ordered dinner. My friend had amazing burrata pesto pizza and I had the shrimp Caesar. Both were delicious! And they brought us a taste of the pear dessert on almond butter with vanilla gelato: it was spicy and captivating. What a meal! BBP is really a special place for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in Lone TreeMagellan65VIPDined on 2/1/2014So glad Lone Tree gets a Bonanno Brothers restaurant. This is a gem and we'll be back. The ahi tuna tartar appetizer was amazing. The 2-6 pm happy hour was equally amazing. Good deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had been to Bonanno BrothersChrisVIPDined on 1/24/2014We had been to Bonanno Brothers once before for lunch and tried the pasta dishes, which we loved. We came back to try the pizza. We first started with the calamari/pepperoncini appetizer. it was delicious. It was very lightly breaded and the caper sauce is fantastic! We then shared the Carne pizza. it was just the right amount of toppings. It's a very nice thin crust and we devoured it. All in all a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- The service was poor. It tookOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/10/2014The service was poor. It took an hour for our pizzas to arrive. To their credit, the manager came to apologize, saying the kitchen had 'created a hole in our pizza' and they were starting over from scratch. The waitress was polite, but not attentive. Nothing was offered to compensate for our wait and we sat with empty wine glasses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening outBarryDined on 1/10/2014I received a gift card for my birthday so we invited some friends to go with us. First time for both of us. We had salads and the carne and margarita (sp?) pizzas. Outstanding. Wives had one of the pino grigios on tap. Also very good. I am going to come back and try the panninis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014The food was below average from the pizza, to the recommended appetizer, and the horrible tiramisu. Probably the worst dinner we've had in a while. I won't be going back and would recommend the same to others.