426 Main Street
Ouray, CO 81427Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stelmohotel.com/ouray-co-restaurant-bonton.html
- Phone: 9703254951
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Tim Eihausen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering in the local area. Please contact the office to speak with the chef about menus, prices, and group sizes.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two dining rooms suitable for larger private parties. Either can be made private from other patrons.
- Private Party Contact: Barb Wade 9703254951
A word from Bon Ton
The Bon Ton Restaurant is located in Ouray, Colorado. We serve Italian dishes, seafood and steaks in a rustic, yet elegant 115 year old building restored to its original design. Our chef, Tim Eihausen, has been at the restaurant for over 17 years and is known throughout the region for his fine cuisine. Whether you choose the Beef Wellington, Kitty's Canneloni, or one of the other menu items, you will have a treat for your palate. We also have an extensive wine list and full bar for your dining convenience. Dine with us once and you will become one of our many, many loyal customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bon Ton reviews from OpenTable diners
- bad bad badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012The service was so bad, and they did not have of the items on the menu, the host a short kid with glasses did not know what he was doing.. what a shame. don't eat here.
- It's been several years sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012It's been several years since we have been to the Bon Ton Restaurant. We loved the first few times that we dined there. (even driving an hour and a half just to eat there and return home). This recent trip wasn't what we expected. They were out of several menu Items, which if we had been told at the beginning, would have saved us considerable time. The food that we were finally served was average at best. We were very disappointed.
- Save your money and go elsewhere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Service was extremely slow. Food was nothing special and overpriced. My husband's $40 filet mignon was burnt (definitely not cooked anywhere close to medium). Would not recommend.
- We were seated quickly andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/8/2012We were seated quickly and service was very good. Our waiter had a sense of humor and the dinner was very enjoyable, after the screaming little girls left. Parents - please take control of your children, places like this are not your child's playground. The food was great & their deserts were exceptional.Special Features:
- We decided to dine at BonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2012We decided to dine at Bon Ton after friends told us "it's the best Italian food in Ouray". Unfortunately they weren't aware that the restaurant changed ownership/management and chef several months ago and it's not what it used to be. We had reservations and were seated on time but waited about 15 minutes for a waiter to come by. Our dishes were very nondescript and lacked flavor from the salads to our main course (ordered the rack of lamb and a veal dish). We were so disappointed with the quality of the food that we didn't finish our entrees and even skipped dessert which is something we never do. I think Bon Ton is living off the reputation of the past chef/management team. There are great restaurants in Ouray but this isn't one.
- The Bon TonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012We are locals and have eaten here a number of times. The Sunday brunch is outstanding and dinners are Very good. The B&B along with the dinning room are in new hands and the food, service and attention to detail has not changed. We would highly recommend . A special place for a special occasion. Frank and Peggy ConnollySpecial Features:
- I expected much better!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2012Ouray, CO on July 4th is wonderful! The outdoor dining made it the perfect ending to the end of a perfect day. However, Bon Ton wasn't what my husband and I had hoped it would be. The drinks were strong. (Just the way my husband likes them.) The bread and parmesan dressing on the salad was delicious. In fact, if it wasn't for the bread and salad, we would have become very cranky because of the time it took to get our food. When the food finally came, the lasagna was more like Hamburger Helper and the veal piccata was chewy and flavorless. My husband and I decided to chalk-up the experience to over-worked employees, and give Bon Ton another chance on an off-season weekend when tourists from EVERYWHERE weren't stressing the help.Special Features:
- Under new management...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2012This was our third time eating at this restaurant in 3 years and we won't go back! The first 2 were so memorable and the food was delicious - this time was not the case. My husband ordered the pasta with scallops and said he has never tasted scallops so bad. I had the pork tenderloin, which was average. The wine list was pretty good, but it is unfortunate that the quality of the meal paled in comparison.
- The salad was good and theMSHDenverVIPDined on 7/4/2012The salad was good and the bread was good. The main courses were terrible.
- Extremely horrible food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Extremely horrible food!! It was VERY disappointing. I have been going to the Bon Ton for a couple of years now and it has been progressively been getting worse and this was the last time I will ever go. The live music was so loud you couldn't even hear the waiter speak. I will always recommend against this Ouray restaurant!
- We are locals so we have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/21/2012We are locals so we have been to the BonTon many times. We love to go to Brunch and it's our favorite place to go for our anniversary. Your Maudi Gras menu was fabulous. We enjoyed every bite and over ate for sure.Special Features:
- Serice was terrible, too niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Serice was terrible, too nice of a place with awesome food to have such a lame server. Couldn't hear her speak, had to wait 15 minutes after we were seated to be acknowledged, I ordered the wine but she poured the taster for my friend, brought 2 different types of wine glasses for one bottle of wine. Great food, terrible service.
- Cannenoli was phenomenal andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2012Cannenoli was phenomenal and the bread pudding was the finest I've ever had.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2012We love this restaurant. We have been going for years. You will never be disappointed.Special Features:
- We always love dining here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012We always love dining here. The food is fantastic as well as the service. If you are planning a stay in Oiray, CO you must eat here. The champagne brunch on Sundays is a "not to missed" dining experience tooSpecial Features:
- Bon Ton for TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/4/2012The wait staff was accomodating to my food intolerances and I they provided a great tasting meal. The Bon Ton for Two (52.95) was a perfect choice with an app to share, individual entrees, and a dessert. The portions were smaller than regular plates, but we walked out full and happy without a "take-home" container that we had no where to keep anyway. Fabulous!Special Features:
- The atmosphere is quaint...oldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2012The atmosphere is quaint...old hotel kept in very nice condition. The food was very tasty & nice presentation. We had New York Strip & Beef Tortellini in a cream sauce. Prices were comparable to the area...Special Features: