150 Marina Plaza
Dunedin, FL 34698Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bonappetitrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7277332151
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - Daily: 7:00am - 9:30am Lunch - Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner - Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday) Brunch - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Farquhar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday through Sunday: Piano 6:00pm-9:00pm Listen to pianist Kathy Roberts play a variety of music on our baby grand piano. Requests welcome!
A word from Bon Appetit
This landmark Dunedin Restaurant offers casual waterfront dining in a sophisticated but relaxed setting; stunning waterfront views of St. Joseph Sound, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands. Chef Stephen has created a menu to showcase weekly specials, comfort food creations, and seasonal temptations to tantalize the most sophisticated of diners, all in addittion to the regular menu. Enjoy alfresco dining at the Marina Terrace Café with the same menu and phenomenal views and sunsets. Please visit us for our All New "New Orleans Bistro Brunch." Inspired from the city that started the brunch movement. Enjoy classic New Orleans food and drinks while listening to jazz played on our baby grand piano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bon Appetit - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Bon Appetit reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)great for outdoor dining (50)special occasion (48)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (19)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Beautiful ViewsunshineDined on 9/20/2014Lucky to witness a magnificent sunset after a mostly cloudy day. It was Taste of Dunedin week, but we were not enticed by their choice menu. The food from the regular menu was very tasty, the drinks were good and the service was right on accept our guy needs to SMILE some. It looks like the servicer department had an overhaul and there are all new faces. We noticed it the last time but thought maybe covering vacations. Everyone works well and the atmosphere was festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TumuckiDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 56th wedding anniversary in the dining room over looking the water and it was delightful! the food was excellent as well as the staff being very friendly. they even gave us complimentary champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to AreaLuvgoingoutDined on 9/12/2014Bon Appetit was fantastic in every respect! We felt the prices were reasonable and the cuisine was fantastic. We will definitely make this a regular and a must go to place to take house guests. The view was so spectacular and to have it in the neighborhood is a plus. The service was wonderful without being intrusive. It is truly wonderful for upscale dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigwally11VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food, service, and wine were amazing. The outstanding sun set just made the meal. We are telling all our family and friends.Special Features:
- So So pick anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I went for lunch for a birthday. Place was almost empty... had visited previously but this was the last time. Salmon was overcooked sides were all white and just covered in oil no taste. Service was poor.
- Beautiful view, great lobster roll!luv2dineDined on 8/31/2014I love Bon Appetit! We go for a beautiful sunset dinner on the outdoor patio. They are dog friendly outside. We also go for lunch occasionally indoors, the interior is pleasant, service is great and the waterfront, marina location always makes me feel as though I'm on vacation even when I'm not.The lobster roll is outstanding and beautifully presented..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has a nice view, the food however was the worst I have had in many years. I really believe if it wasn't for the view this restaurant would not be in business. The waitress was very nice and accommodating.
- Peter has created a Gem!PatCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Since we live in Tampa, we do not make the 24 mile drive to this gem of a restaurant very often, but when we do, it is always a very special treat! I celebrated my birthday here as a change-of-pace from my usual Tampa restaurants (after all, my husband and I frequent Tampa's best often) and it was worth the drive through a calamitous thundershower. I had the beautifully but simply prepared lobster tail and my husband enjoyed a delicious lobster cocktail followed by his favorite dish in all the world: sole meuniere, which he declared as sumptuous. We shared a nice bottle of white burgundy that worked perfectly with the dishes we enjoyed. This is truly a wonderful restaurant and Peter Kreuzinger should be commended for this Gem!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant & scenic viewPamphockDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant offers wonderful food at a moderate price. Add to it the outstanding location, especially the outside dining, looking at a gorgeous sunset, and you have the makings of a terrific night out. From the creamy honey salad dressing on the house salad to the delicious shrimp or chicken dishes to the pecan tart for dessert, each course provided an appetizing meal. Would certainly return when I am in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo1235J0Dined on 8/18/2014I have been to Bon Appetit many times, and I always enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere. I especially like the seafood entrees and the lobster salad with the fruit. The dinner rolls are delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchBaltimoreCTADined on 8/17/2014A gorgeous day, nice breeze and we were lucky enough to get a table along the deck overlooking the water. The server was efficient albeit not the fastest and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigwally11VIPDined on 8/16/2014the food, wine, and service were amazing, a truly great placeSpecial Features:
- Bon AppetitEFFBDined on 8/13/2014Thanks to Schatzee, we had an excellent evening at Bon Appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljamalquaDined on 8/9/2014Everything about the place was fantastic. The food was excellent, our waiter Dominic saw to our every need without hovering, the ambiance, and the scenic views were spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed Lobster Dishmeal2disappointDined on 8/9/2014We have enjoyed Bon Appetite for many years, always bringing our visitors to this little gem of a restaurant. However, our latest experience did not live up to standards. The menu offered Lobster Extravaganza and the waiter spoke highly of the Lobster (removed from its' shell) over angel hair pasta. The Lobster was very tough and small.....for the $25 cost it was not at all worth it. We absolutely love Bon Appetite and will certainly return because we love the ambience of the restaurant but will stick to Steak or Salmon which never disappoints.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch BunchjudyDined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful for our group of ladies for our Friday Lunch Bunch. We have come several time to Bon Appetit for lunch and will return soon. Thank you Judy SpiridellisSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!PatCVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our small group of four had lunch here after the Purple Heart Day ceremony and were treated to a lunch without equal - - - what a joy for the residents of Dunedin to have this superb gem in their neighborhood! I ordered a cold shrimp dish (it was a very, very hot day) that was so refreshing, it cooled me down. My husband had a dish that he loves - the sole meuniere - and that was expertly boned tableside by our charming waiter, Bill. One of our guests had the strawberry fields chicken salad that was so scrumptious, she declined desserts in order to clean the plate; the other guest had the same cold jumbo shrimp platter that I enjoyed. My husband chose a wonderfully fruity white Burgundy that complemented all our dishes. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timeFoodiemikeDined on 8/2/2014Food was mediocre at best. We ordered the fixed price menu. My filet mignon did not have a good sear on it, The potato puff they served was tasteless and dry. Salad was over dressed. Desert looked like it was from Costco. My dates dinner wasn't much better. Chicken medallions were breaded and fried chicken - two huge pieces that tasted more like batter and breading rather than a tasty chicken dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Everything was great, except our whole lobster (mine was boiled and my husband's was broiled)....very tough,.......and chewy. Would not recommend this item of food however everything else was great.Special Features:
- Romantic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We decided that this was the best place for a romantic meal after our wedding. We had a lovely meal with great service. They made sure that the flowers on the table were fresh. I enjoyed the salmon and the unusual vegetable combinations. Ken had a succulent lamb chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElliotDined on 7/27/2014Service was good. Food was bland with little imagination. We had rack of lamb and red snapper.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFoodie7Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service at bon appétit was excellent. Our server was extremely nice and attentive, and our filet mignon was cooked perfectly. My daughter and I enjoyed our time there very much. The view of the sunset was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFalconDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had heard great things about Bon Appetit and found what we heard to be true. The location and atmosphere is great - one of the best we've found in the Tampa Bay area. We had a cocktail at the indoor bar before dinner - the bartender was very friendly and provided some great menu tips. The wait staff was excellent - prompt, courteous, and had excellent knowledge of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch sunsetspamelaDined on 7/23/2014The sunsets and rack of lamb are my favorites at this place. Great view of the water from just about any set. Nice to also sit outside at outdoor bar before dinner to listen to local talent. Inside, Kathy provides wonderful entertainment on the piano.Special Features:
- Good food, nice outdoor scenic viewCarmencitaDined on 7/21/2014Had dinner there with my husband, son and his friend who were visiting. It was a bit pricey and the cocktails were watered down, so they switched to drinking beer. The food was great though. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great Pianist, Great GoodHungryHarperDined on 7/20/2014Bon Appetit is SUPERB - we have dined here many times and each time exceeds the time before. Kathy, the fantastic pianist, has been playing beautiful music for 14+ years and you will totally enjoy her!Special Features:
- Great restaurantfvehornDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has it all - great drinks, great food, and great service and atmosphere. It is the perfect 10.Special Features:
- NonepelicanparadiseDined on 7/19/2014I was very happy with my dining experience at Bon Appetit as usual. I would recommend Bon Appetit to anyone. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely outstanding!!PoogieDined on 7/19/2014Bon Appetit is by far a five star restaurant in every category. The food selection is outstanding and everything is excellent in taste and presentation. The service is impeccable and the view of the water is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & View OutstandingKmilDined on 7/18/2014We had a great experience including great window seats to view the Gulf and sunset. The food was outstanding to go with the experience. Our waiter was very attentive to top it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you arrive by boat.OrlandoishomeDined on 7/18/2014We had called ahead to inquire about using their dock to arrive by boat. When we attempted to dock, servers came out to tell us we couldn't dock there after some of us were already off the boat. It was very frustrating and made us late for our reservation. If would have been helpful to have signage that directs restaurant patrons to the correct dock. Server was extremely helpful and worked hard to take care of our large group. Food was great. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suprise GemBucdcsDined on 7/13/2014Had a recommendation from a friend to dine at Bon Appetit! The food was outstanding - from the appetizer - seared tuna to the entrees - Crab cakes - outstanding and grouper - excellent! Our server was on top of her game and made the dining experience wonderful. The portions were above normal, I actually took a to go portion because I could not finish the whole entrée. To top off the evening the sunset was picture perfect, great for photos and a pianist playing a nice selection of music.Special Features:
- AdequateSJB1Dined on 7/13/2014Was a bit surprised by the advanced age of the clientele - maybe it was just a Sunday evening thing. The food was adequate - nothing special. There wasn't anything wrong with it, it just wasn't anything I would bother seeking out a second time.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceRustyx2diningDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 45 wedding anniversary at Bon Appetit. The entire dining experience was excellent. I had requested a window table when making my online reservation and that request was fulfilled. The piano music was wonderful in the dining room and the entertainment at the outside bar was also very tasteful. I would highly recommend for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureHankarenDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Bon Appetit for three family reunions in Clearwater and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is top notch and the atmosphere is sensational. I wish we had such a restaurant in our hometown of Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Great experience as usual. Food (the Crab Louis is great), service, ambience are all excellent. Background piano music excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing special here except sunsetTheKegler1Dined on 7/5/2014Go for drinks and appetizers on the deck, then find dinner elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Dinner was wonderful....staff very accommodating and met my request with a very nice table by the window. We had a very nice birthday celebration with our visiting son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodLunchladyDined on 7/5/2014We love this place for lunch. We always eat outdoors. No matter if it is mid summer, the real "dog days", it is always pleasant on that deck. We took our daughter and grandchildren for their first time. They loved it. Food is always good to excellent. Service has always been great but was Very slow this time. I highly recommend Bon AppetitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodlovaDined on 7/4/2014Giving a two for ridiculous wait on food and failure of manager to make it right. Nice view and food was good once we got it. It took well over an hour to get our meal. Manager (who looked about 19) did very little to make it right, which was disappointing. Our server , Lida,was good and kept checking on food but the kitchen was extremely slow. Be prepared to wait!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.