150 Marina Plaza
Dunedin, FL 34698Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bonappetitrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7277332151
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - Daily: 7:00am - 9:30am Lunch - Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner - Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday) Brunch - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Farquhar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday through Sunday: Piano 6:00pm-9:00pm Listen to pianist Kathy Roberts play a variety of music on our baby grand piano. Requests welcome!
A word from Bon Appetit
This landmark Dunedin Restaurant offers casual waterfront dining in a sophisticated but relaxed setting; stunning waterfront views of St. Joseph Sound, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands. Chef Stephen has created a menu to showcase weekly specials, comfort food creations, and seasonal temptations to tantalize the most sophisticated of diners, all in addittion to the regular menu. Enjoy alfresco dining at the Marina Terrace Café with the same menu and phenomenal views and sunsets. Please visit us for our All New "New Orleans Bistro Brunch." Inspired from the city that started the brunch movement. Enjoy classic New Orleans food and drinks while listening to jazz played on our baby grand piano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bon Appetit - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Bon Appetit reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (60)great for outdoor dining (59)romantic (45)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (22)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (14)late-night find (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Peter has created a Gem!PatCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Since we live in Tampa, we do not make the 24 mile drive to this gem of a restaurant very often, but when we do, it is always a very special treat! I celebrated my birthday here as a change-of-pace from my usual Tampa restaurants (after all, my husband and I frequent Tampa's best often) and it was worth the drive through a calamitous thundershower. I had the beautifully but simply prepared lobster tail and my husband enjoyed a delicious lobster cocktail followed by his favorite dish in all the world: sole meuniere, which he declared as sumptuous. We shared a nice bottle of white burgundy that worked perfectly with the dishes we enjoyed. This is truly a wonderful restaurant and Peter Kreuzinger should be commended for this Gem!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant & scenic viewPamphockDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant offers wonderful food at a moderate price. Add to it the outstanding location, especially the outside dining, looking at a gorgeous sunset, and you have the makings of a terrific night out. From the creamy honey salad dressing on the house salad to the delicious shrimp or chicken dishes to the pecan tart for dessert, each course provided an appetizing meal. Would certainly return when I am in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo1235J0Dined on 8/18/2014I have been to Bon Appetit many times, and I always enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere. I especially like the seafood entrees and the lobster salad with the fruit. The dinner rolls are delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchBaltimoreCTADined on 8/17/2014A gorgeous day, nice breeze and we were lucky enough to get a table along the deck overlooking the water. The server was efficient albeit not the fastest and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigwally11VIPDined on 8/16/2014the food, wine, and service were amazing, a truly great placeSpecial Features:
- Bon AppetitEFFBDined on 8/13/2014Thanks to Schatzee, we had an excellent evening at Bon Appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljamalquaDined on 8/9/2014Everything about the place was fantastic. The food was excellent, our waiter Dominic saw to our every need without hovering, the ambiance, and the scenic views were spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed Lobster Dishmeal2disappointDined on 8/9/2014We have enjoyed Bon Appetite for many years, always bringing our visitors to this little gem of a restaurant. However, our latest experience did not live up to standards. The menu offered Lobster Extravaganza and the waiter spoke highly of the Lobster (removed from its' shell) over angel hair pasta. The Lobster was very tough and small.....for the $25 cost it was not at all worth it. We absolutely love Bon Appetite and will certainly return because we love the ambience of the restaurant but will stick to Steak or Salmon which never disappoints.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch BunchjudyDined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful for our group of ladies for our Friday Lunch Bunch. We have come several time to Bon Appetit for lunch and will return soon. Thank you Judy SpiridellisSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!PatCVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our small group of four had lunch here after the Purple Heart Day ceremony and were treated to a lunch without equal - - - what a joy for the residents of Dunedin to have this superb gem in their neighborhood! I ordered a cold shrimp dish (it was a very, very hot day) that was so refreshing, it cooled me down. My husband had a dish that he loves - the sole meuniere - and that was expertly boned tableside by our charming waiter, Bill. One of our guests had the strawberry fields chicken salad that was so scrumptious, she declined desserts in order to clean the plate; the other guest had the same cold jumbo shrimp platter that I enjoyed. My husband chose a wonderfully fruity white Burgundy that complemented all our dishes. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timeFoodiemikeDined on 8/2/2014Food was mediocre at best. We ordered the fixed price menu. My filet mignon did not have a good sear on it, The potato puff they served was tasteless and dry. Salad was over dressed. Desert looked like it was from Costco. My dates dinner wasn't much better. Chicken medallions were breaded and fried chicken - two huge pieces that tasted more like batter and breading rather than a tasty chicken dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Everything was great, except our whole lobster (mine was boiled and my husband's was broiled)....very tough,.......and chewy. Would not recommend this item of food however everything else was great.Special Features:
- Romantic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We decided that this was the best place for a romantic meal after our wedding. We had a lovely meal with great service. They made sure that the flowers on the table were fresh. I enjoyed the salmon and the unusual vegetable combinations. Ken had a succulent lamb chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElliotDined on 7/27/2014Service was good. Food was bland with little imagination. We had rack of lamb and red snapper.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFoodie7Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service at bon appétit was excellent. Our server was extremely nice and attentive, and our filet mignon was cooked perfectly. My daughter and I enjoyed our time there very much. The view of the sunset was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantFalconDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had heard great things about Bon Appetit and found what we heard to be true. The location and atmosphere is great - one of the best we've found in the Tampa Bay area. We had a cocktail at the indoor bar before dinner - the bartender was very friendly and provided some great menu tips. The wait staff was excellent - prompt, courteous, and had excellent knowledge of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to watch sunsetspamelaDined on 7/23/2014The sunsets and rack of lamb are my favorites at this place. Great view of the water from just about any set. Nice to also sit outside at outdoor bar before dinner to listen to local talent. Inside, Kathy provides wonderful entertainment on the piano.Special Features:
- Good food, nice outdoor scenic viewCarmencitaDined on 7/21/2014Had dinner there with my husband, son and his friend who were visiting. It was a bit pricey and the cocktails were watered down, so they switched to drinking beer. The food was great though. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Great Pianist, Great GoodHungryHarperDined on 7/20/2014Bon Appetit is SUPERB - we have dined here many times and each time exceeds the time before. Kathy, the fantastic pianist, has been playing beautiful music for 14+ years and you will totally enjoy her!Special Features:
- Great restaurantfvehornDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant has it all - great drinks, great food, and great service and atmosphere. It is the perfect 10.Special Features:
- NonepelicanparadiseDined on 7/19/2014I was very happy with my dining experience at Bon Appetit as usual. I would recommend Bon Appetit to anyone. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely outstanding!!PoogieDined on 7/19/2014Bon Appetit is by far a five star restaurant in every category. The food selection is outstanding and everything is excellent in taste and presentation. The service is impeccable and the view of the water is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & View OutstandingKmilDined on 7/18/2014We had a great experience including great window seats to view the Gulf and sunset. The food was outstanding to go with the experience. Our waiter was very attentive to top it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you arrive by boat.OrlandoishomeDined on 7/18/2014We had called ahead to inquire about using their dock to arrive by boat. When we attempted to dock, servers came out to tell us we couldn't dock there after some of us were already off the boat. It was very frustrating and made us late for our reservation. If would have been helpful to have signage that directs restaurant patrons to the correct dock. Server was extremely helpful and worked hard to take care of our large group. Food was great. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Suprise GemBucdcsDined on 7/13/2014Had a recommendation from a friend to dine at Bon Appetit! The food was outstanding - from the appetizer - seared tuna to the entrees - Crab cakes - outstanding and grouper - excellent! Our server was on top of her game and made the dining experience wonderful. The portions were above normal, I actually took a to go portion because I could not finish the whole entrée. To top off the evening the sunset was picture perfect, great for photos and a pianist playing a nice selection of music.Special Features:
- AdequateSJB1Dined on 7/13/2014Was a bit surprised by the advanced age of the clientele - maybe it was just a Sunday evening thing. The food was adequate - nothing special. There wasn't anything wrong with it, it just wasn't anything I would bother seeking out a second time.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceRustyx2diningDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 45 wedding anniversary at Bon Appetit. The entire dining experience was excellent. I had requested a window table when making my online reservation and that request was fulfilled. The piano music was wonderful in the dining room and the entertainment at the outside bar was also very tasteful. I would highly recommend for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureHankarenDined on 7/12/2014We have dined at Bon Appetit for three family reunions in Clearwater and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is top notch and the atmosphere is sensational. I wish we had such a restaurant in our hometown of Myrtle Beach.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Great experience as usual. Food (the Crab Louis is great), service, ambience are all excellent. Background piano music excellent.Special Features:
- Nothing special here except sunsetTheKegler1Dined on 7/5/2014Go for drinks and appetizers on the deck, then find dinner elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Dinner was wonderful....staff very accommodating and met my request with a very nice table by the window. We had a very nice birthday celebration with our visiting son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodLunchladyDined on 7/5/2014We love this place for lunch. We always eat outdoors. No matter if it is mid summer, the real "dog days", it is always pleasant on that deck. We took our daughter and grandchildren for their first time. They loved it. Food is always good to excellent. Service has always been great but was Very slow this time. I highly recommend Bon AppetitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodlovaDined on 7/4/2014Giving a two for ridiculous wait on food and failure of manager to make it right. Nice view and food was good once we got it. It took well over an hour to get our meal. Manager (who looked about 19) did very little to make it right, which was disappointing. Our server , Lida,was good and kept checking on food but the kitchen was extremely slow. Be prepared to wait!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dunedin's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Excellent service, food is delicious and the views magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20th Anniversary LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2014We had a our reception upstairs 20 years ago. Was fun to bring the kids to see it and have lunch.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerKingfishDined on 6/25/2014We have been to Bon Appetit several times and always have enjoyed ourselves. This night we celebrated my wife,s birthday (a gentleman never mentions age). Our waiter Joseph was attentive, informative, professional, and most of all made us feel very welcome. The birthday girl had the rack of lamb, while I dined on the Dover Sole. Both were done perfectly. We have brought friends here at other times and, they too have been well pleased.Special Features:
- food was awfulEddieDined on 6/23/2014Service was great I think her name was Angela. Appetizer was really good, fire cracker shrimp, very tasty and were excited for dinner because the appetizer was so delicious. I had the lobster linguini and my girlfriend had the chicken medallions. Both were inedible. The lobster tasted like it was 3 weeks old and had been sitting out and the sauce tasted like strait out of a fish container. The chicken medallions almost tasted sugar caramelized and then mixed with other awful flavors. Feel bad for the servers bc in all great opportunity with the view, but if the food is always that bad im sure you guys wont last. Best of luck and I would highly recommend a new chef.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Ask for Julia. Awesome service, deilcious food, and a great time. Watch the sunset from the dock.
- gulf-view restaurantmartieDined on 6/21/2014I enjoyed the lunch I had at Bon Appetit. The location is ideal, next to a marina right on the Gulf of Mexico. The menu is varied and the server experienced. When I tried the non-alcoholic wine and couldn't drink it, she noticed and removed it from the bill. I would invite friends interested in a leisurely, upscale meal to join me there.Special Features:
- Relaxed DiningLawmanDined on 6/18/2014Bob Appetit in Dunedin is in one of the most scenic locations in the Tampa/St. Pete area and offers a nice variety of food and drink choices in an upscale, but relaxed, setting. Has a good selection of more basic items for those who feel the pretentiousness of most "foodies" is rather silly but also enough "creative" items to allow the latter to indulge their feelings of superiority. Their appetizer list is a particular strength.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.