150 Marina Plaza
Dunedin, FL 34698Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bonappetitrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7277332151
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast - Daily: 7:00am - 9:30am Lunch - Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Dinner - Nightly: 4:00pm - 9:00pm (4:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Saturday) Brunch - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephen Farquhar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Thursday through Sunday: Piano 6:00pm-9:00pm Listen to pianist Kathy Roberts play a variety of music on our baby grand piano. Requests welcome!
A word from Bon Appetit
This landmark Dunedin Restaurant offers casual waterfront dining in a sophisticated but relaxed setting; stunning waterfront views of St. Joseph Sound, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands. Chef Stephen has created a menu to showcase weekly specials, comfort food creations, and seasonal temptations to tantalize the most sophisticated of diners, all in addittion to the regular menu. Enjoy alfresco dining at the Marina Terrace Café with the same menu and phenomenal views and sunsets. Please visit us for our All New "New Orleans Bistro Brunch." Inspired from the city that started the brunch movement. Enjoy classic New Orleans food and drinks while listening to jazz played on our baby grand piano.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Bon Appetit - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Bon Appetit reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (73)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (50)romantic (41)neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (26)great for lunch (23)fit for foodies (20)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Nice date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My date and I went on a Saturday evening at 7:30pm. The restaurant was packed, so I figured the food was good, and it was. The restaurant is on the water, so the view was outstanding especially the sunset. Very romantic and there is an option to sit outside or inside. Reservations cannot be accepted for outside dining, as it is first come, first served, and there was a 20 min. wait time. We decided to sit inside and we were seated nearest the gulf view. I rated the restaurant 4 stars based on noise level. There was a piano and saxophone player inside that was quite loud plus with everyone talking I could hardly hear my date. My advise, outside dining for a more intimate experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014A wonderful place to go for special occasions or a nice dinner. Could not ask for a better view on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014The food and service were outstanding. The sunset was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrsluv2dineDined on 10/16/2014We had a lovely time the food was excellent, not hurried in our dinning seated with a lovely view of the harbor and the piano bar. The waiter was so helpful selecting a fine wine and his serving us. Love this place ! We have had dining at all the three meals and eveyrthing was always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best waterfront dining in Dunedin!MysticdinnerDined on 10/15/2014Always a great dining adventure! Seasonal menu always has something special, sunset views are spectacular and live background piano music makes every dinner a special occasion!Special Features:
- Repeat in a week--still very goodpjmflDined on 10/14/2014Back again for October Fest and once again we were not disappointed. Food was very good and Shatzee, our server was very good, also. Due to food allergies and sensitivities, there are many foods that I can no longer eat. Finding a restaurant that has items on the menu or at least willing to accommodate me is a rare find. Bon Appetit does this willingly. We not only recommended Bon Appetit to a friend, we brought her along! She also enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We love Bon Appetit. The wine by the glass was good, the meal was just right. We would recommend.Special Features:
- The place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014You can't beat the view of the sunset. The food was very good, great value. Not one compliant. Background music by wonderful piano player was perfect. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was I on a cruise ship?WalkerMichelleDined on 10/11/2014We sat inside and had reservations at 7, just as the sun was setting. My teenage daughters, in seeing the big windows, the water and the banquet type chairs and lighting, said "this looks like a cruise ship". I had to agree. The décor could use some updating. Despite that impression, we enjoyed our dinner. The waitress knew the menu and was quite attentive, the bread was served warm, and our meal was good. It is a seafood restaurant so if you want something else, the choices seemed limited. We shared the almond crusted brie appetizer and could have ordered another - it was awesome. Only complaint was we were near the piano and a large group of women celebrating something so it did get a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableTampaDinersDined on 10/11/2014We dined on a Saturday and came for the food and ambiance and we were not disappointed! Aside from a wonderful dinner, food and service experience, the red sunset over the water was spectacular! Lunch time is special here also when you eat at an outside table. Recommended for special and everyday occasions.....or just when you want to treat yourself.Special Features:
- Good foodMintyDined on 10/9/2014Arrived and taken to our seats quickly. Table was not in a very good spot although we didn't complain. Service a little slow but food worth waiting for. Extremely expensive so I advise only going for a very special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth giving another trypjmflDined on 10/7/2014The past couple of visits were not up to par. But Bon Appetit has redeemed itself! All was exceptional on this visit. We were seated immediately upon arrival. There were 3 of us and we each very much enjoyed our lunches. Our server was warm and friendly. He was very helpful in making suggestions for me, as well as offering substitutions which I could eat, in place of those which I cannot. October fest was a nice added touch, as the lady we brought along is from Germany and she was pleased to find some good German beer, as well as food on the menu. We all had a very good time and plan a repeat, next weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I need another staruneekwareDined on 10/5/2014This is really a 6-star restaurant. Lived in Tampa for 35 years and somehow managed to not eat at arguably the best restaurant in the area. We had the absolute pleasure of dining here last night for my 61st birthday with my wife and another couple. Everything, including the drinks, service, appetizers, and main dishes were perfection. Our server Efren was great and completely took care of us. Chef Klaus Riedl made sure that every dish was a masterpiece, both in taste and presentation. Don't miss the Lobster Cocktail appetizer or the Grouper Bon Appetit. Put this one on your must eat here soon and often list. I almost forgot to mention the million dollar sunset view. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTINGAnnabellaDined on 10/5/2014Not Up To Usual Standards. This was the first time we had very poor service and parts of the meal disappointing in taste and presentation. Ezra was our server. He appeared inexperienced and lacked attentiveness. Salads were not as fresh and ingredients inconsistent. Daily eggplant soup not available and tomato bisque was returned as bland and not hot. One of the entrees was under cooked. Overall disappointing experience. On the positive side, the four red snapper entrees were delicious and the desserts yummy.Special Features:
- sunshineDined on 10/4/2014We went to try the Oktoberfest menu. The dark beer was good and I enjoyed the pork schnitzel very much. My husband tried the veal cutlets and said they were slightly tough. The Apple strudel very tasty but could have used more sauce. Service was fantastic from Steve. He met our every need. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bland food in a crowded environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014The food tasted bland, and would not be competitive, particularly at their price point. The place was very crowded service was nothing special either. The one positive was their wine list, which was decent. The view could be nice also, however we did not have an opportunity to really enjoy itSpecial Features:
- diners51Dined on 9/22/2014My entrée was slightly spicy for my personal taste. Enjoyed the evening out and our table server Alberto was beyond excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewsunshineDined on 9/20/2014Lucky to witness a magnificent sunset after a mostly cloudy day. It was Taste of Dunedin week, but we were not enticed by their choice menu. The food from the regular menu was very tasty, the drinks were good and the service was right on accept our guy needs to SMILE some. It looks like the servicer department had an overhaul and there are all new faces. We noticed it the last time but thought maybe covering vacations. Everyone works well and the atmosphere was festive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TumuckiDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our 56th wedding anniversary in the dining room over looking the water and it was delightful! the food was excellent as well as the staff being very friendly. they even gave us complimentary champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to AreaLuvgoingoutDined on 9/12/2014Bon Appetit was fantastic in every respect! We felt the prices were reasonable and the cuisine was fantastic. We will definitely make this a regular and a must go to place to take house guests. The view was so spectacular and to have it in the neighborhood is a plus. The service was wonderful without being intrusive. It is truly wonderful for upscale dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!toughtoimpressDined on 9/7/2014This is an excellent place. I am very particular when it comes to food. The quality, presentation, and experience is evident in each dish at Bon Appetit! I can't say enough good things about this establishment. FINELY, A PLACE THAT KNOWS WHAT GOOD FOOD IS! Great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigwally11VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food, service, and wine were amazing. The outstanding sun set just made the meal. We are telling all our family and friends.Special Features:
- So So pick anotherOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I went for lunch for a birthday. Place was almost empty... had visited previously but this was the last time. Salmon was overcooked sides were all white and just covered in oil no taste. Service was poor.
- Beautiful view, great lobster roll!luv2dineDined on 8/31/2014I love Bon Appetit! We go for a beautiful sunset dinner on the outdoor patio. They are dog friendly outside. We also go for lunch occasionally indoors, the interior is pleasant, service is great and the waterfront, marina location always makes me feel as though I'm on vacation even when I'm not.The lobster roll is outstanding and beautifully presented..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014This restaurant has a nice view, the food however was the worst I have had in many years. I really believe if it wasn't for the view this restaurant would not be in business. The waitress was very nice and accommodating.
- Peter has created a Gem!PatCVIPDined on 8/24/2014Since we live in Tampa, we do not make the 24 mile drive to this gem of a restaurant very often, but when we do, it is always a very special treat! I celebrated my birthday here as a change-of-pace from my usual Tampa restaurants (after all, my husband and I frequent Tampa's best often) and it was worth the drive through a calamitous thundershower. I had the beautifully but simply prepared lobster tail and my husband enjoyed a delicious lobster cocktail followed by his favorite dish in all the world: sole meuniere, which he declared as sumptuous. We shared a nice bottle of white burgundy that worked perfectly with the dishes we enjoyed. This is truly a wonderful restaurant and Peter Kreuzinger should be commended for this Gem!Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant & scenic viewPamphockDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant offers wonderful food at a moderate price. Add to it the outstanding location, especially the outside dining, looking at a gorgeous sunset, and you have the makings of a terrific night out. From the creamy honey salad dressing on the house salad to the delicious shrimp or chicken dishes to the pecan tart for dessert, each course provided an appetizing meal. Would certainly return when I am in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo1235J0Dined on 8/18/2014I have been to Bon Appetit many times, and I always enjoy the food, the service and the atmosphere. I especially like the seafood entrees and the lobster salad with the fruit. The dinner rolls are delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchBaltimoreCTADined on 8/17/2014A gorgeous day, nice breeze and we were lucky enough to get a table along the deck overlooking the water. The server was efficient albeit not the fastest and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigwally11VIPDined on 8/16/2014the food, wine, and service were amazing, a truly great placeSpecial Features:
- Bon AppetitEFFBDined on 8/13/2014Thanks to Schatzee, we had an excellent evening at Bon Appetit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljamalquaDined on 8/9/2014Everything about the place was fantastic. The food was excellent, our waiter Dominic saw to our every need without hovering, the ambiance, and the scenic views were spectacular. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed Lobster Dishmeal2disappointDined on 8/9/2014We have enjoyed Bon Appetite for many years, always bringing our visitors to this little gem of a restaurant. However, our latest experience did not live up to standards. The menu offered Lobster Extravaganza and the waiter spoke highly of the Lobster (removed from its' shell) over angel hair pasta. The Lobster was very tough and small.....for the $25 cost it was not at all worth it. We absolutely love Bon Appetite and will certainly return because we love the ambience of the restaurant but will stick to Steak or Salmon which never disappoints.Special Features:
- Friday Lunch BunchjudyDined on 8/8/2014Everything was wonderful for our group of ladies for our Friday Lunch Bunch. We have come several time to Bon Appetit for lunch and will return soon. Thank you Judy SpiridellisSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!PatCVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our small group of four had lunch here after the Purple Heart Day ceremony and were treated to a lunch without equal - - - what a joy for the residents of Dunedin to have this superb gem in their neighborhood! I ordered a cold shrimp dish (it was a very, very hot day) that was so refreshing, it cooled me down. My husband had a dish that he loves - the sole meuniere - and that was expertly boned tableside by our charming waiter, Bill. One of our guests had the strawberry fields chicken salad that was so scrumptious, she declined desserts in order to clean the plate; the other guest had the same cold jumbo shrimp platter that I enjoyed. My husband chose a wonderfully fruity white Burgundy that complemented all our dishes. Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first timeFoodiemikeDined on 8/2/2014Food was mediocre at best. We ordered the fixed price menu. My filet mignon did not have a good sear on it, The potato puff they served was tasteless and dry. Salad was over dressed. Desert looked like it was from Costco. My dates dinner wasn't much better. Chicken medallions were breaded and fried chicken - two huge pieces that tasted more like batter and breading rather than a tasty chicken dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Everything was great, except our whole lobster (mine was boiled and my husband's was broiled)....very tough,.......and chewy. Would not recommend this item of food however everything else was great.Special Features:
- Romantic MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We decided that this was the best place for a romantic meal after our wedding. We had a lovely meal with great service. They made sure that the flowers on the table were fresh. I enjoyed the salmon and the unusual vegetable combinations. Ken had a succulent lamb chop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElliotDined on 7/27/2014Service was good. Food was bland with little imagination. We had rack of lamb and red snapper.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceFoodie7Dined on 7/26/2014The food and service at bon appétit was excellent. Our server was extremely nice and attentive, and our filet mignon was cooked perfectly. My daughter and I enjoyed our time there very much. The view of the sunset was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.