8603 Westwood Center Drive
Vienna, VA 22182Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bombaytandoor.com/
- Phone: 7037342202
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Ajay
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: No party too big or too small. We offer catering for events from 50 people to 2000 people at the location of your choice. Full service available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: No event is too small or too large for Bombay Tandoor. Allow Chef Ajay to create an exquisite bouquet of fine Indian dining for you and your guests. We can assist you in planning your event from A-Z, including decor, music, just about anything your heart desires.
- Private Party Contact: Rani Varma 3016137265
A word from Bombay Tandoor
Exotic...Indian. Prepare to be lifted to another world. The only Indian fine dining restaurant in Tyson's Corner, open since 2000. Tandoor means "clay oven." It is traditionally used for the baking of bread, meat, and fish. The clay oven, for oil and fat-free cooking, is practical and energy-efficient. Today's health conscious consumers will find Tandoor cooking truly delightful, full-flavored and delicious. Our chefs endeavor to create a large variety of savory clay oven tandoori dishes and exotic curries for your pleasure. Experience the sights, sounds, and fine aromas of the best of fine Indian cuisine. Catering and delivery also available for events both large and small.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Tandoor reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- suman4Dined on 7/27/2014Excellent service and delicious, fresh, healthy, dishes with lots of choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Bombay Tandoor reviews archive.
- Enjoyable Buffet LunchsjkmcleanDined on 4/13/2014Very enjoyable lunch with friends. Very polite service. Piping hot food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Waiters HoverKamilahVIPDined on 3/16/2014The food was great. I did not feel claustrophobic in the restaurant. The materials/ ingredients tasted fresh and high quality. Everything was authentic tasting. The waiters brought rice as needed with no upcharge. Over all a nice spot. Nothing spectacular, but nice. I would definitely return again if I am looking for a good meal in Tysons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding, bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Food was outstanding, best Indian food I have had since NY. The ambience and service was also equisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good - especially breadsHollyandDaveDined on 3/3/2014Very dark. Food is good but not outstanding. Service is pretty good.Special Features:
- Dressed up Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/28/2014Very pretty room, with polished wood floors, silk draperies, and high ceilings. Food and service live up to the setting. Tandoori lamb chops are tender, spicy. Lentil dishes are very good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food in Tyson's areaBRUSDined on 2/18/2014I went with my parents and we enjoyed our meals. The chicken tikka masala my parents really enjoyed. I asked for chole (not on the menu) and they made it for me, which was great. The samosas were fabulous! And also the garlic naan and onion kulcha were really good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went on recommendation byOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/7/2014went on recommendation by an Indian friend. I was impressed with the food as I have not been a fan of Indian since my trip to Mumbai. Butter chicken, chicken biriyani were delicious. the mango ice cream dessert was good, even if it was frozen when served. I shall return or recommend if Indian Food is suggested in the Tysons area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasted like it was freezer foodJai1981Dined on 1/24/2014My wife and I ordered kadhai chicken and muttar paneer. The food quality in my opinion was terrible. The muttar paneer tasted like it was freezer food. The service was great and they were very friendly. I don't know if I will ever go there again though.
- Not as good as the other reviewsNJgourmetDined on 10/19/2013Not as good as the other reviews imply. Have had better Indian food at other restaurants in DC area. Food was lukewarm and not generous servings.
- Very good lunch buffetRickVIPDined on 10/10/2013We were at BT for the lunch buffet. Overall it was very good but nothing special. The buffet selection is small, everything was tasty but nothing wow'd me, and I had to flag the waiter down several times.Special Features:
- Lunch BuffettelAthensVIPDined on 7/20/2013Very nice lunch buffet with a good variety of food and spicing. Staff were attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Small gem of IndiaJAAOVIPDined on 2/16/2013Great find! Small but intimate strip mall restaurant with very good Indian food. Menu was large and the food was very good. Portions were ample, but not oversized.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day surprise!xmo2repDined on 2/14/2013Excellent food in fairly large portions. The Nan with garlic and onions was some of the best I have ever had. Most of all I was stunned at the reasonableness of the prices. My wife made reservations here for Valentine's Day as a last minute thing. We had never eaten there before but we found a new gem not to far from our home. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very gracious waitstaff, nicexuulDined on 2/8/2013Very gracious waitstaff, nice interior. Food was good but portions on the small side.Special Features:
- Lovely weekend lunch/brunch.FOODIEVIPDined on 2/2/2013Lovely weekend lunch/brunch. Depsite its somewhat obcure location, its worth the traffic on Rt 7.Special Features:
- First Time Earing LampOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/18/2013The good was amazing! We were seated immediately because I made reservation in November 2012. The quite music played was orgin India music. The waiter was so amazing he explain each dish we chose. I had never ate lamp before in my life! And it was great. I will eat it from now on because of this restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant for anyone in the area. It was only two and hafls blocks from the hotel. It was easy to locate. We where here for the President Inguaral on Monday, January 21, 2013. The restaurant was not crowed at all. It did not overbook the place therefore you could eat in peace and not feel rushed to leave because they needed the table. When I come back I will bring my friends to this restaurant and dine!Special Features:
- Good food, pushy servicedecadentsDined on 1/15/2013The food was very good. The service prompt and competent but was marred by relentless upselling. The waiter told us at first that one bottle of wine could not be split among the five of us who were drinking. He urged additional bread and kept pushing us to order dessert even though we said we did not want any.Special Features:
- Hidden GemPicturemakerDined on 12/20/2012I ran across this Indian restaurant during a Google search and was looking for an Indian restaurant with ambiance. Many times Indian food comes from a take type place and it is often disappointing. Bombay Tandoor is an exception. The decor is pleasant and open. High ceilings and portraits of Indian nobility add to the simple but inviting space. The service was prompt and attentive. The menu is filled with a variety of Indian favorites and among my party, we sampled several options. All were expertly prepared and with just the right amount of spices. The naan bread was superb! I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We went to Bombay TandoorrestongalVIPDined on 12/14/2012We went to Bombay Tandoor for a reunion; the staff was courteous; food was good; ambience was great as well.Special Features:
- Overall the food was fair,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Overall the food was fair, but I expected more from the restaurant. Reading the good customer reviews and viewing the website, I expected a good dining experience. I thought the price was high for the service and quality of the food. Their non-vegitarian items were slightly better. I won't go there again.
- Wonderful Little GembreakfastloverVIPDined on 8/26/2012Wonderful food. Lots of spicy and complex flavors. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.JohnDined on 8/7/2012Very good food and service. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- A nice and authentic restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Its an amazing place where I had a wonderful dinner with my fiance recently. The staff were very nice and friendly. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- This place can surprise, basedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2012This place can surprise, based on my eating there several times 1) The service is generally bad. You wait for the server, the drink you requested, the bread you want to use to eat your food, and just about everything else. 2) The food is really really quite good. The lunch buffet is rather traditional and certainly caters to the tastes of non-Indians, with features like the butter chicken, chicken tandoori, and . It's also a steal at $12. The dinner has a lot of options for those more acquainted with Indian cuisine- the chicken vindaloo is consistently delicious. The portions can be quite small, by American standards. 3) the ambiance is much nicer on the inside than the building suggests- you forget you're in an office building.Special Features:
- The wait staff was exceptionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012The wait staff was exceptionally attentive. The food was good, although I had to return my eggplant from my "thali" as it tasted a bit off.Special Features:
- Excellent food - one of thesarahVIPDined on 5/14/2012Excellent food - one of the best. Service can vary....
- Who KnewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2012The food is outstanding. The chicken was prepared to perfection. The lamb chops were even better. The service is great. The ambiance is very nice. The service is top notch and very kid friendly. Can't wait to catch their lunch buffet.Special Features:
- Food was some of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012Food was some of the best Indian we have had locally. Lovely ambiance and noise level just enough to cover the noise of our children, while not too loud. Only "complaint" would be that it was a little pricy, but not out of line with the other Indian restaurants we have been recently.
- The attentive and responsivemegpDined on 4/21/2012The attentive and responsive service is notable compared to other restaurants in the price category. Our server was creative in finding small crockery that we could use to share tastes of the excellent dishes and just as quietly competent in cleaning up the ravages of a spilled drink. We look forward to more visits and further exploration of the tempting and extensive menu.Special Features:
- The restaurant is reliablyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2012The restaurant is reliably good. Lots of Indian Americans who use is to host major events. The service is Ok. The owner took care of our table during this visit. He was responsive, just busy.
- Bombay Tandoor is one of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Bombay Tandoor is one of the few fine vegetarian dining experiences I've experienced in the Washington, D.C. area. All of the vegetarian dishes we tried were delectable and pleasing to the eye, too. The service was attentive and timely. And it all came at a remarkable affordable rate. We'll definitely go back again!Special Features:
- GoodBarbVIPDined on 2/19/2012Good food. Service a little slow. Slow night and therefore quietSpecial Features:
- Hi, The food was average,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2012Hi, The food was average, but the gratuity charged for a group of 18, was just ridiculous (25% of the total biil). I am a frequent business traveller in this area since June, and have eaten much better food for less. Please make a note of this. Thanks, Sameer ShuklaSpecial Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012Food was great, service was a little slow (may have been due to holiday). I would recommend this place to all.Special Features:
- Consistent food at a fairOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/30/2011Consistent food at a fair price. Been there several times and it has delivered. Only caveat is they host many events for the Indian Community and the restaurant can be noisey. You may wish to call in advance to see if they have a large event bookedSpecial Features:
- Perhaps the best Indian foodLeavingVegasVIPDined on 12/26/2011Perhaps the best Indian food in Northern Virginia. Wonderfully fresh ingredients, great curries and chutneys, although the Vindaloo could have been a bit less tame.
- Most of the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/16/2011Most of the restaurant was blocked off do to a reception, forcing us to sit by the door. Mid way through dinner a construction-like noise kept sounding and rattling the walls. This continued for about 5 minutes. Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken were too similar in taste. Vindaloo, Paneer, and Kabobs were good.Special Features:
- Had the lunch buffet and itJoyPalVIPDined on 11/30/2011Had the lunch buffet and it offered meat and vegetarian options. Decent Indian food.Special Features:
- They were having a loud weddinghappybirthdayDined on 11/20/2011They were having a loud wedding celebration in 2/3 of the restaurant, so we left without being seated.