30 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bombay-palace.com/
- Phone: 2125417777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Mohan Ahluwalia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering for 20 - 2000 people.
- Private Party Facilities: The private/banquet room can be designated to private dinners with minimum guarantee of 35 persons.
- Private Party Contact: Mohan Ahluwalia 212-541-7777
A word from Bombay Palace
We offer an upscale, authentic Indian dining experience. Enjoy our majestic ambiance in the restaurant, lounge and banquet areas. We provide a central place for family and friends to get together and we are open late.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Palace reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Fantastic Buffet LunchHawaiiBikerDined on 7/29/2014Indian food is my favorite cuisine, and Bombay Palace did not disappoint. We were there for the lunch buffet. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The buffet included an extensive variety of dishes, both ingredients and spices, including Tandoori and shrimp. I would go back frequently if I lived or worked nearby.Special Features:
- SpicelessCeciVIPDined on 7/18/2014I was very disappointed by my lunch here. The selection of food at the luncheon buffet was very limited and the few items were bland at best. The food generally lacked the wonderful spices that make Indian food alive.
- Good East Indin FoodHappyeaterDined on 6/28/2014Truly enjoyed the food and the service was way above average. The Lamb clay oven cooked special was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch before a playridgerDined on 6/15/2014The selection was wide and varied, and it all tasted wonderful. Plenty of hot naan brought to the table, and drinks included. Both my vegetarian friend and I had plenty to choose from and we were out in plenty of time to walk down to the theater. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 106 reviews are from the Bombay Palace reviews archive.
- Indian BuffetPaulDined on 5/30/2014Great Indian Buffet… selection changes… come back almost every month… quality of food and freshness is outstanding….Special Features:
- SuperbDinnerBayanko2Dined on 5/20/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great food and really superb service. From the minute we entered the restaurant, everyone was warm and welcoming. The drinks were excellent, great naan. We tried six different dishes, all terrific (great sauces!). Our wait team were extra attentive. My wife said it was the best service she ever had. We will definitely come back on our next trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great curryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/20/2014Had a great lunch with colleagues ..had the rogan josh..meat was tender and fresh. Service was attentive and not too much.Special Features:
- nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014Highly recommend the prixe fix menu! It is a real bargain in the midtown area. Plenty of food with nice size portions and the right amounts of spiciness! We will go back again! Very relaxed setting!Special Features:
- Terrific Spicy Food2bigeatersVIPDined on 5/6/2014This place offers excellent Indian cuisine with a broad selection of everything. The service was attentive and not at all rushed, as in most New York restaurants. Reasonable prices and high quality choices.
- Great midtown Indian foodyumyum2Dined on 5/6/2014We were looking for a restaurant near MOMA and the theater district that had good food, relatively inexpensive prices, and could get us in and out in time for the show. We found this and more!! It's a lavish and large place with great cocktails and bar snacks and wonderful Indian food. They wait staff was efficient (given that we were short on time) but not pushy. Overall, a great find and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FelicestevVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food mediocre at best. We can't recommend this restaurant.
- Good ChoiceColonnadesVIPDined on 5/2/2014Often return to the Bombay Palace for informal lunch meetings or when lunching after MOMA. Buffet is ample and very good. Service is attentive. Booths especially are great for meetings, with relatively little noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Indian RestaurantjzwestchesterVIPDined on 4/29/20144 of us had dinner on a quiet Tuesday night. Our group's Indian food guru was very complimentary toward the food. I loved my curried goat and can't wait to go back and have it again. Prices are on the high side but when you consider the mid-town rents and upscale ambience for a sophisticated adult evening, the prices aren't unreasonably high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good value, good serviceJudithVIPDined on 4/28/2014Happy hour at the bar was decent, and the pre and post-theatre special is a very good value as far as selection and price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Lunch BuffetLeeLeeVIPDined on 4/21/2014We were glad we found this place for a yummy buffet lunch while visiting the city. The only draw back was there was no menu option and we were really craving Chicken Tikka Masala.Special Features:
- Nice Surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/3/2014This was my first time at Bombay Palace, and I brought a client who is not so easy to please. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed the food. We had the lunch buffet, so service was not so much a part of our experience, although we found the service responsive, if a little rushed. I'll definitely go back with friends.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceMisspinkandgreenDined on 3/12/2014I saw mixed reviews about Bombay Palace but I've always wanted to try it and it did not disappoint. It may be because I was seeing a show afterward and my reservation was at 5:15pm but we were seated immediately and 3-4 servers at our disposal the entire dinner. They also have a theater menu for $29.99 which was perfect because we didn't want to walk into the theater with food. I had the vegetable samosa, mixed green salad, chicken tikka masala and some sort of diced carrot and pistachio dessert. Everything was great although I must admit it's not the best Indian food I've ever had but it won't stop me from going back. Beware of the coconut margarita though. It's entirely too strong, almost like they just poured 1800 coconut over ice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merry ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014I went here on Valentine's Day with a close girlfriend to celebrate her as a late Christmas gift. She recently suddenly lost her mother at such a young age, that I wanted to give her a happy moment. I never got her a christmas gift and thought it was a perfect time to surprise her with a "gift". This would be a new experience, dining at an Indian restaurant. Bombay Palace met my expectation. Service was delightful. Food was amazing and the drinks were good. The decor was beautiful. We were stuffed and we left there just in time to walk to Majestic theater for her next surprise, Phantom of the Opera. I definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good spot for IndianjzwestchesterVIPDined on 1/28/2014My 2 friends and I very much enjoyed our meal at Bombay Palace on a quiet Tuesday evening. I asked for my goat dish to be spicy and they accommodated. All was very well done- food, service ambience......Special Features:
- still a fine place -- or PalaceBMacDined on 1/24/2014I have been going to Bombay Palace for many years, and I am delighted that it is still a midtown neighborhood fixture, with very good Indian cuisine. Service was very attentive, and helpful in every way.Special Features:
- A wonderful Indian restaurantM4lapDined on 1/18/2014Bombay Palace proposes an unusual and original menu, very well presented and abundant. Careful when ordering: an appetizer and a plate per person could be too much! A very good find in a neighborhood which doesn't offer much restaurant-wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is greatly lackingGerardDined on 1/1/2014We were a part of seven and overall disappointed. The food was excellent, but service was horrendous. We sat for close to ten minutes before someone acknowledged us, and then waited over 75 minutes before our appetizers arrived. The slow service was raised with the wait staff and management several times and no attempt to recover was made. In the end, some food never showed up and they did nothing to get us to return - no apology, no offer for credit on the bill, no desserts or free drinks. The most amazing aspect is that the restaurant was not overly busy - probably about 60% capacity.Special Features:
- Reliable indian foodjah272Dined on 12/25/2013We enjoyed the food, samosas and curries were good, naan was excellent. The only issue was the service; it felt rushed and indifferent. I never saw a smile. When we were seated the table wasn't set, and a waitress literally tossed napkins and silverware on the table before rushing off. We set the table ourselves. We never saw her again and were waited on mostly by the host. He meant well but was clearly busy. I would recommend only for food, don't expect to feel a warm welcome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just wonderfulridgerDined on 12/14/2013The menu is varied with plenty of vegetarian options. The service is excellent, lots of attention but not obtrusive. It's beautiful to look at, too. Location is great, walking distance from lots of theaters. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy Indian FoodJanDVIPDined on 12/2/2013Six of us had food that was way above our spice-level tolerance even though we specifically requested mild or very mild seasoning. Even the substitute sauce that we asked for to replace one of the dishes was too hot. So beware, unless you like your food hot.
- overpriced and awkwardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2013The food was fine but I thought it was overpriced for what you got, so you're paying for location. Long tapers placed in the center of the table made it awkward to converse and an ornately carved table legs made it difficult to place my feet or slide over in the booth.
- Very good food, slow serviceWeesle909Dined on 10/17/2013Went here on a Thursday night with 4 co-workers. We arrived at 8:30 for dinner. The food was all very good. I thought the lentil soup was terrific. The menu is ala-carte, but they have a complete dinner for about $30 that includes soup or salad, an appetizer, the main meal, and dessert. We all ordered that sinc eit seemed like the best value. My only complaint was that the service was quite slow, especially considering the restaurant was not at all crowded. So if you're going to the theatre after dinner you mighth want to let them know. Overall very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!PaulieGVIPDined on 10/14/2013I go to this restaurant with my department of 8 fairly often. It is always a great experience. Delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealJerseyKVIPDined on 9/6/2013This is the third or fourth time we have had dinner at Bombay Palace. The food is delicious and the service is excellent. Highly recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like BombayCurryloverDined on 5/25/2013We had a lot of choices for Indian food in NYC but wee selected Bombay Palace. Very friendly, great food, perfect portions! Lots of Indians eating in this restaurant so you know it's authentic! The vindaloo was perfect!Special Features:
- Delightful surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/23/2013Needed dinner in mid-town Manhattan and tried this out. Delightful surprise, starting with complimentary starter and never-seen-it-before spicy lemonade. Lamb saag was great. Beautiful fish in fish tank a nice plus, given I was a single diner. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulclrblueskyDined on 5/3/2013The food was very tasty and the wait staff paid attention to detail. I would definitely go back hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very tasty andNYDinerVIPDined on 4/26/2013The food was very tasty and nicely presented. The service was attentive.Special Features:
- Very good Indian food andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013Very good Indian food and very good atmosphere. Service was slow and could have been more polite. Overall a good experience while in NYC. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in having an ethnic food experience while visiting the city.
- Indian food done right!GrammaDDined on 3/21/2013Excellent Indian food at reasonable prices. The Malai Kafta was one of the best we've ever had! We ordered the vegetable appetizer, then each an entree and rice and it was too much food. Ok if you can take home the leftovers, but we were staying at a hotel so this was not an option.Special Features:
- We were warmly greated, drinksJudithVIPDined on 3/15/2013We were warmly greated, drinks were generous as were the a la carte portions; service was attentive. It is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Bombay Palace:Superlative FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013The Bombay Palace is the best Indian restaurant in New York,period,end of sentence. For decor,they harken back to the time of the Raj. The food is complicated,fresh and lovely. The service couldn't be more gracious.Special Features:
- Very disappointed!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013I had dined at Bombay Palace many years ago and had fond memories of the place and cuisine. My friends and I had the buffet. We found the food only "fair." Nearly everything was drowning in such thick sauces that you hardly saw the actual contents. Besides that, the choices were very limited and most dishes were fiery hot and unsavory. The nan bread was very thin and burnt on the bottom,and the tandoori chicken was dry and tasteless. I hate to say it, but they could take a lesson from the restaurant "Sapphire" near Lincoln Center, which was superb.I will not return, and if you are seeking enjoyable Indian food - seek elsewhere!Special Features:
- The only complaint I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/19/2012The only complaint I have is about the attire of the waitresses. I believe their outfits were entirely inappropriate for a restaurant of that caliber. I came to Bombay Palace with my family, expecting a great meal, which I received, but did not count on watching the waitresses attempt to tug down their too-short skirts. It was distracting and unprofessional, but it is also an easy thing to fix.Special Features:
- Buffet food was warm not hot.toledofoodiesDined on 10/9/2012Buffet food was warm not hot. Meat was swimming in sauce.