Bombay Palace - Beverly Hills
8690 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
Bombay Palace - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bombaypalace.com/
- Phone: 3106599944x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Call Deep at 310-867-3959 for estimate
- Private Party Contact: Deep 3106599944x
- Special Events: All you can eat Lunch Buffet
Mon - Fri 1130am - 3pm
A word from Bombay Palace - Beverly Hills
At Bombay Palace we have aspired to bring to your table a menu that reflects the cosmopolitan culture and culinary specialties Of Northern India. Serving Indian food in the Beverly Hills area for 24 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Palace - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- So Enjoyable!cbatthetableDined on 8/28/2014Lovely restaurant with wonderful food. A great find!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodnigeriasprincessDined on 8/7/2014My guests and I we're throughly satisfied with the great food, outstanding service, and the beautiful ambiance.Special Features:
- ExcellentwrecksDined on 7/13/2014Our first time at this restaurant. Very warm greeting, nice service, delicious food. Wish we lived near here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bombay PalaceBiegsDined on 7/11/2014The food was great. Service was fair. The restaurant across the street is owned by same family. Prices were steep but it was still enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale IndianYinzerVIPDined on 6/7/2014All the standard fare with some excellent house specialties. Comfortable, quiet, good wine list with fair bottle prices. Unrushed.Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Bombay Palace - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Great food, knowledgable staffOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/10/2014The Bombay Palace is one of the nicest dinning establishments for Indian food - the atmosphere is calm unlike so many others where the music can be disruptive to private conversation and the decor is cleanly classic, so many others can be a bit tacky for western tastes, Im sorry to say. Most important, the food is excellent. They pay attention to personal preference even when you really like your selection very hot. Many places will not truly honor that. The wait staff is very well versed in Indian cuisine, pretty much what you want they will create, some times even if not stated on the menu which in itself is nicely ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodieBHillsDined on 2/14/2014Close to home. Lovely decor. Best Indian food I've ever had. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it...AzieDined on 2/14/2014We went there on Valentines night and definitely enjoyed the food and the beautiful décor of the place, both were worth going back for again. The staff were nice and friendly, I just think they were not prepared for as many guests as they had that night, it was a full house. So our only compliant was lack of prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPerfectionVIPDined on 2/13/2014We lived in an Indian neighborhood in NY for years. This is the best LA Indian restaurant by far. EVERYTHING about it is perfect. Always consistent: same chef for 29 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRULY A CUISINE PALACE!LakshmiDined on 2/9/2014This restaurant is embued with warm and hospitable management, the catalyst for myself and husband basking in a relaxed atmosphere. The warm colors and beautiful ambiance of Bombay Palace Beverly Hills is truly breathtaking and unique. The curries which are my favorite are deliciously cooked in Indian spices and very tasty. The shy person that I am, sitting at the table at the back, away from curious eyes, added to my comfort level. Indeed, a beautiful restaurant which I intend to visit again. Women tend to be my nemeses, but the very friendly and hospitable female server made my day with her permanent smile and engaging demeanor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let's Do It AgainOppyDined on 12/24/2013I've dined at the Bombay a couple of times, and this time we thought it would be ideal for a Christmas Eve dinner for our families. There were 18 of us: we ordered beforehand, and after initial cocktails, the dinner choices were brought and the food was prepared sumptuously and tasted magnificent. We chose to have the dishes mild since there were 18 of us, some with a different level of how spicy they liked their food. Without "hot" spices, the subtlety of the dishes came through beautifully. The ambience of the Bombay Palace, makes the evening special in every regard. We'll return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have known this restaurantEMFoodDined on 12/21/2013I have known this restaurant for more than 15 years and have always enjoyed going back. This time, the food was again excellent but maybe not quite as delicious as what I remember. The main thing I noticed that the service was disappointing, we had to wait a long time for our appetizers and the main course. The atmosphere remains unique, and the music background (Bollywood) adds a lit bit of spice. Overall, still a nice place to go to, but no longer on the top of my favorite restaurants in LA.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food great serviceSeNaInCADined on 11/29/2013Each time I visit LA, I make it a point to visit this restaurant. The food is just awesome. Don't miss the Dal Makhani. Service is great. The owner herself makes it a point to come out to each table and ensure she has spoken with her guests. Excellent hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, wonderfulBH90211VIPDined on 10/26/2013Excellent food, wonderful owners, a little pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- The food here is flavorfulslmtVIPDined on 10/14/2013The food here is flavorful and delicious. The only problem we had was that the food was pretty pricey, but overall, I would perhaps return for a special event.Special Features:
- Best Indain food in the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2013Always a wonderful meal here. In addition, it is oe of the lovliest an,d in the evening, most romantic rooms to dine in. My husband & I love this place and recently introduced some friends who hope to become regulars too. Highest recommendations!Special Features:
- Friendly, family run place.nhfoodieDined on 7/5/2013Friendly, family run place. Service was friendly. A little more expensive than we usually do, but the Indian food was the best we've ever had and authentic. Wonderful eggplant bengan bharta; golden colored, great consistency and hint of ginger. Not greasy at all. I'd recommend the chicken tikka masala. Tender chicken and flavorful sauce. Best ever. Onion kulcha-fragrant and really tasty from cooking in tandoori oven. Desert menu was expansive and authentic. More than gulab jamun. Had something I've never seen on Indian menu. Raismala? Very good, unique. Next time will try the Indian ice cream they make themselves. Would go back to have a fish dish-maybe tandoori salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated Indian cuisineJudyDined on 6/23/2013Sophisticated Indian cuisine in a beautiful setting. The "wedding lamb" was delicious, as was the chicken tika masala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceMonikaVIPDined on 6/16/2013We ordered "Aaloo Papri" and "Afgani Chicken" for Appetizer. "Aaloo papri" was ok, but "Afgani chicken" was AMAZING! one of the best, well cooked and great flavor. For entree we got "Saag Paneer" and "Karachi Kadai Gosht". One of the best saag paneer in town, i guess because they make paneer from scratch. Karachi Kadai Gosht was good too, great flavour but could have been cooked a little more. I personally don't like chewey lamb. We also got Garlic Nan and Kulcha, good job on that. For dessert we got, "Gajar Halwa". OMG, it was like home made. To top it of, it came with coconut ice-cream. 2 thumbs up for that. ***Overall a great Indian food experience, Recommended!!!***Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicebhdinerDined on 6/16/2013Everything was wonderful! This was our first time using Open Table to make a reservation and they made it super easy. I was able to put a note for the restaurant advising that it was my daughter's birthday also. The hostess (maybe owner) came over right away and wished her a happy birthday and they also brought her a dessert. Food and Service were excellent!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian in the neighborhood!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/17/2013We had a vegan friend with us and we all left extremely well fed. We live nearby so usually order take out but this time we ate in the restaurant and so pleased that we did. It is a very beautiful and elegant room, the service was attentive but never intrusive and we were able to hold a conversation easily since it is neither loud nor hectic. We so much appreciate that! I'm afraid we were so engrossed in conversation we did not realize we were the last ones there but the staff (it is a family owned restaurant) never pushed us to leave and only when we got up did we realize we had been keeping them open! Gracious hosts indeed! All that is on top of the best tikka masala and lamb and rice dishes! Truly delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- I've visited India twice,LeslieAnnDined on 4/20/2013I've visited India twice, and both times, I ate amazing local cuisine at high-end gourmet rooms and neighborhood eateries. Bombay Palace serves up authentic flavors to rival the best I had during my Indian holidays. The place is family-run and feels very homey and welcoming within a gorgeously decorated dining room fit for a maharaja's feast. I love this place!!!Special Features:
- Top, authentic Indian foodPhoneyDined on 4/16/2013Nice venue, very friendly service, delicious well presented food.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent staff,Dog222Dined on 4/13/2013Good food, excellent staff, quick service, very friendly people....Indian food at it's best. Full Bar.Special Features:
- The Food is delicious butroseVIPDined on 3/23/2013The Food is delicious but the portions are small. The waitress we had was brusque and inattentive and made the experience more negative for us. Just based on the taste and quality of the food, it was great
- Outstanding samosa. The GhostOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2013Outstanding samosa. The Ghost Lamb was very good as wellSpecial Features:
- Bombay in Beverly HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013A very pleasant, upscale environment with excellent Indian cuisine and good, if not perfect, service. I took my born-in-India date for a romantic evening and they came away impressed. The owner/hostess was delightful.Special Features:
- My son and I are fans of IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2013My son and I are fans of Indian Cuisine and had never tried Bombay Palace. We were in the neighborhood for an event and were looking for some excellent, authentic food. We found it at Bombay Palace and were treated to excellent service as well. It was early and not a busy night but we felt well taken care of and the dishes were freshly prepared. We intend to return on the next trip to Beverly Hills.Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012I was very disappointed with your server on that day. Considering it was our first time in your restaurant, she should have take time to explain some of the menu. Whenever my husband ask questions she reply almost with just yes or no, no explanation at all. We were the only customers at that time when we arrive but she was not friendly with us. We have no idea what her problem was. My daughter did not like her food, in other restaurants they would offer my daughter something to replace the food that she did not really ate. My husband ordered for another plate of rice, We waited several minutes but no rice came. We have to tell her twice for a plate of rice. How sad. Thank you for giving me this opportunuty to tell you what I feel.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012We went there for a Thanksgiving alternative to the upteen thousand 'turkey and stuffing' variations being offered at almost every other restaurant. The staff was very friendly, the service was great and the food was delicious. Would go again.Special Features:
- The owner is absolutely delightfuleatingfoolVIPDined on 11/8/2012The owner is absolutely delightful and enthusiastic. The food was delicious and we would definitely return.
- great food, ambience and veryUrdanetasDined on 9/22/2012great food, ambience and very friendly staff, love it, thanks for a great dinnerSpecial Features:
- The food was NOT worth theGoodFoodVIPDined on 9/9/2012The food was NOT worth the ridiculous price. We paid over $100 for 2 people and it should have cost half that!
- As we told the owner/manager,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2012As we told the owner/manager, we've driven by the restaurant for 20 years always saying we need to stop in, but never did. Now, we are kicking ourselves we didn't up until now. What a great experience. The food was great - vibrant flavors, the service was outstanding and welcoming. We will not take 20 years to come back. Thank you for a great dining experience.Special Features:
- We bought $55 for dinner forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2012We bought $55 for dinner for two and the food's quality was bad.
- Well-made, RICH and deliciousStanDined on 5/12/2012Well-made, RICH and delicious Indian cooking. Lots of butter! Love it! Service was sweet and it's great to see the family working there. Saturday night and the teenaged kids are working? That's a way to instill the work ethic!Special Features:
- I was a returner, in BeverlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/15/2012I was a returner, in Beverly Hills for the evening. Again, they provided really good, authentic Indian cuisine prepared from scratch. Friendly, helpful staff.Special Features:
- Love going thereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/7/2012Just a great place to eat. If you like Indian this is one of the best. The food is great and the service is attentive. I have dined weekday evenings and early evenings on weekends so not sure what it would be like when very busy. Overall just a great experience.I welcome the chance to eat there anytime.Special Features:
- The location, decor and ambianceNiceVIPDined on 3/30/2012The location, decor and ambiance of this restaurant are truly outstanding. But the food and service disappoint. No creativity with the menu, food is not very authentic and quality was very poor for the price. The wines by the glass were unnamed and not good but pricey (I expect better at a place this caliber). The service is not friendly (we felt pressured by the lady to order more food). Our server rolled her eyes when we refused to order more than what we needed. The manager/owner on the other hand was nice and friendlier.
- Nirvana in BHOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/15/2012Friendly staff, beautiful decor and delicious and appealing food - what more could you ask for?Special Features: