815 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bombayclubdc.com/
- Phone: (202) 659-3727
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Nilesh Singhvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano music nightly beginning at 6:45pm.
A word from Bombay Club
The Bombay Club emulates characteristics of the old clubs of India. The elegant environment with pale pastels, ceiling fans, and a profusion of greenery is designed to create a warm and inviting gathering place for relaxation and regeneration. The cuisine is the finest of India, utilizing only the best quality ingredients to create a harmony of subtle flavors. Specialties prepared by Executive Chef Nilesh Singhvi, include tandoori salmon and green chili chicken. The sophisticated cuisine is enhanced by refine service and live piano music. Distinguished Restaurant of North America Award.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Bombay Club - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bombay Club reviews from OpenTable diners
356 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (202)fit for foodies (178)romantic (134)good for groups (77)great for lunch (72)neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (26)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Great atmosphere and kale app. Other than that it's standard indian fare that's only slightly better than what you would find around fairfax - royal jaipur etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experience .. total class !jaysDined on 11/20/2014one of the best dining experiences - with Indian Cuisine you can find! In any city! I love coming to this restaurant. On this occasion It was my wife's birthday and we really enjoyed the overall experience ! ( A special mention and thank you to Shyam)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2014Really enjoyed my first experience at Bombay! I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentalexeaterVIPDined on 11/17/2014What can you say about the Bombay Club? The place is consistently excellent. Food, service, ambiance all top notch. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticns100Dined on 11/15/2014We had a big party, but they accomodated us very well. The service was fantastic. The food was great. This was the fourth time I went there and l will continue to do so again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation doesn t mean anythingLynnDined on 11/14/2014I made a reservation and when I got there (3 min earlier) I expected to be seated whithin 5 min, we had to wait 30 min for a table and wasted a lot of time between ordering and paying. I don t think I would go back again. People are nice and polite though.
- Atmosphere & foodattyjonDined on 11/13/2014Still great atmosphere and great food. Odd bartender with a bad attitude - replace him fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foof & Service Very GoodJEB1VIPDined on 11/13/2014Food and Service Were Very Good. Food tasty and presented in a lovely manner. Wonderful for lunch when time may be short, but good food more than appreciated..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only average and almost emptychampangetasteDined on 11/9/2014No need for reservations as it was empty when my group went. Good food but way overpriced. I've had better Indian fare from a food truck (although the food truck was more popular).Special Features:
- The best Sunday Brunch in townConnieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Of course the place is and have been a great one for dinner in weekdays but it is one again the best place to have brunch on Sundays. The price is just very good, and the Indian buffet very authentic plus unlimted sparkling wine. The service is outstanding and should I mention the piano?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Bombay Club can always be relied upon to leave you feeling happy with the experience. The food is well-prepared, the service is exceptional, and the ambiance allows for everyone in your party to leave at the end of the night anticipating the next opportunity to return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014Upon arrival we felt ignored as the Maitre'd was on the telephone and did not make eye contact or provide a signal. After some time one of the waiters finally came over and seated us but the seat location wasn't ideal given that there were other prime locations that were never filled. Our waitress was wonderful, the food was delicious, the timing was impeccable, overall the experience was very enjoyable. At the end of the evening, as we were leaving, I waited in the reception area and again felt awkward because there was no acknowledgement of my presence at all. There was an unmistakable takeaway that we were not especially welcomed there by the front staff. We are African American although I'm not sure if that played into things.
- Great find close to White houseDcVisitorDined on 11/2/2014Great Indian food, ambience and good service in a good location close to many hotels. Vegetarian options on the menu could be expanded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exponential excellenceGNOSVDined on 11/2/2014I was visiting DC with my 90-year old Dad and took him and my nephew studying at GWU for a brunch. I was impressed by their service - the way they took care of my 90 year old Dad and seated him comfortably was in itself a great plus point. Brunch was superb - some new recipes and the ambiance was great. Would come back here when I am next in DC. We ate at numerous other Indian restaurants while in DC but this is definitely the best of all. A BIG THANK YOU to the Bombay Club Team.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Food was great. Service was sub-par. The host was very rude and the waiter, although very nice, was busy and not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedLinnieDined on 11/1/2014An out-of-town guest and I really wanted to try Rasika and couldn't get a table, so we tried the Bombay Club, also ranked among the city's 25 best restaurants in 2014, instead. Though the ambiance was wonderful, we were sorely disappointed with the food. With the single exception of the Bombay sev puri appetizer, which was out of this world, our food was bland and the creamy curries lacked the richness they have at many other less expensive establishments. Though fresh vegetables were pureed to make the sauces, fresh spices seemingly weren't. Go to Heritage India instead if you can't get a table at Rasika.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/29/2014Always enjoy coming to this beautiful place. The food is always delicious and the service is always good!Special Features:
- Brit-Indian Private Club SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2014The ambiance is like stepping into a a colonial club, without feeling like a theme park. Elegant and formal, without being stuffy. Food was very good. Indian always a good choice if you a vegetarian in your group. Thali plates make a good presentation. Service was attentive. My out-of-town guest brought a single bottle of beer from the Orkney Islands, and they were gracious about pouring it without a corkage fee. Great for business lunch or dinner or a (quiet) special occasion. And, if you can't get into Rasika, this is a good second choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Traditional IndianRonGVIPDined on 10/25/2014The room is magnificent. The managers are welcoming. The service (Leo) is outstanding. The food is spectacular, in particular the fried kale appetizer. What's not to like? BTW, we will truly miss Christian, Simon and Jennifer from the Knightsbridge family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePatsTableDined on 10/25/2014We went as a group of 3 for dinner before a show. Our original reservation was for a group of 6 and had a last minute change to the headcount - the restaurant was very accommodating to make the change and seated us promptly. We liked the choice of food and beverage options and were very impressed with the service, presentation, food quality, taste and flavors as well as attention to detail. There was probably a wedding dinner rehearsal going on the night we went and although it was in a private area separated from the main dining room, the noise levels were somewhat elevated compared to what we would have preferred but that was not a big problem. Would definitely recommend this place and not hesitate going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Overall the location and the ambiance are nice. The food to me was average not spectacular.
- Good food, good serviceMcowan3Dined on 10/25/2014This is a return trip to this restaurant and it was just as good as the first time. Very professional staff and tasty food. Would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Bombay club SpinachDesiDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food Had lunch at Bombay club and their second Rasika at DC had dinner on Sat and having lunch at Bombay club today Oct 2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchmgk4504Dined on 10/24/2014Had a group of eight, and the waiter recommend just the right sharing dishes and the right amounts. Had a very relaxed, delicious, and enjoyable time. Love the crispy kale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Indian foodLisMVIPDined on 10/20/2014Delicious, well-prepared Indian food in a gorgeous setting. You truly feel like you are at a special place dining at Bombay Club- both in terms of the decor and the tasty food.Special Features:
- one of best meals in DCdiningmamaDined on 10/19/2014I've had a lot of overrated food in DC, but the Northern Indian cuisine at Bombay Club is excellent. Sophisticated atmosphere. We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday buffet brunch complete with live piano music.Special Features:
- Great Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I have been to many Indian restaurants before, but this is the first one I have truly enjoyed. Granted the prices are high, but if you want to treat yourself one night and have good Indian food this restaurant is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnersandraDined on 10/18/2014We had a party of 6 adults who wanted good food, good service, and the ability to have a conversation. The Bombay Club satisfied on all levels--excellent food, great service and a noise level that actually allowed us to talk to one another. It will stay on our list of great dinner spots.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Great food and service. Our waiter, Nasser was awesomeSpecial Features:
- Pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014Although the service was really slow (I think we were generally ignored in favor of larger groups), the food was fine.Special Features:
- Lived Up to Its ReputationJandwVIPDined on 10/14/2014We enjoyed every bit of an outstanding lunch, especially the Fried Kale Chaat Salad. Service was pleasant and timely, but never intrusive. My Club Thali, served on the traditional silver platter, was delicious as well as beautiful, and everyone in our party raved about his/her dish. Too often, highly touted DC places are simply part of the "see and be seen" scene, but The Bombay Club deserves every accolade for its food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodSJN6Dined on 10/13/2014I went to the Bombay Club because I love Indian food and had heard good things about the restaurant. Overall, the experience was good. The service was wonderful. The interior of the restaurant was really nice and up to date - it felt cozy but not cramped. My entree (dhaba murg) was good but not great. On the other hand, my husband enjoyed his entree (eggplant) and the goat cheese kulcha was delicious. We had a nice time, but I don't feel compelled to go back any time soon.
- Good restaurant but not amazingAureliaVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food is ok but not great. They do have good service.Special Features:
- Excellent placejct815Dined on 10/11/2014Great environment, great food. Took my wife to celebrate her new job and it was the perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, amazing!bingata744VIPDined on 10/11/2014We had not been to the Bombay Club since it was redecorated -- lovely. For this visit, we approached our meal (4 of us) differently. From appetizers to dessert, we shared everything. Sharing gave us all the opportunity to taste a lot of different dishes. We will go back again, and soon. I always recommend the Bombay Club to visitors and to people who are looking for something they might not have tried before.Special Features:
- BeefeaterDined on 10/10/2014Excellent location, few metres from the White House; great indian food, very refined and traditional at the same time.Special Features:
- DrJohnVIPDined on 10/9/2014As usual this was a great experience but it seemed as though they changed menu. Made it hard to select favorite meal. Great anyhow. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish Indian ResturantSamMDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I had lunch here. Everyone was polite and friendly. Food was great and served in time. We enjoyed the afternoon. The seafood grill platter was nice so was the Bombay Thali for vegitariansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bombay ClubKenLee38Dined on 10/7/2014Unexceptionably good Indian cuisine, exceptional and quiet service that never hovers. And prices to match. We've been for lunch several times, always to quietly celebrate a few of life's victories. Consequently, the price has never bothered. The whole experience is delightful. Mid-week, especially if Congress is in session, the noise level is from the political and lobbying set. Always make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy AnniversaryPinehurstResidentVIPDined on 10/6/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Bombay Club celebrating our wedding anniversary! Great food, drinks, service, and atmosphere with lovely decor and live piano music in the dining room. We enjoyed some favorite Indian dishes and tried a few new ones. There are so many choices on their menu and wine list. We will be back when visiting in DC on business or vacation!Special Features: