815 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20006Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bombayclubdc.com/
- Phone: 2026593727x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Nilesh Singhvi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano music nightly beginning at 6:45pm.
A word from Bombay Club
The Bombay Club emulates characteristics of the old clubs of India. The elegant environment with pale pastels, ceiling fans, and a profusion of greenery is designed to create a warm and inviting gathering place for relaxation and regeneration. The cuisine is the finest of India, utilizing only the best quality ingredients to create a harmony of subtle flavors. Specialties prepared by Executive Chef Nilesh Singhvi, include tandoori salmon and green chili chicken. The sophisticated cuisine is enhanced by refine service and live piano music. Distinguished Restaurant of North America Award.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
Bombay Club - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bombay Club reviews from OpenTable diners
376 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (216)fit for foodies (183)romantic (145)great for lunch (86)good for groups (75)great for outdoor dining (61)great for brunch (50)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (38)hot spot (20)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious, the waiting staff was friendly, helpful, and attentive. I went for a date night and it was romantic, the tables had candles and there was live piano playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Indian food, nice settingRedhotmeDined on 8/23/2014Our waiter told us to share the plates and oh, so thankful. The spinach app was super delicious. We had a thoroughly nice time at this more traditional restaurant. Attentive waiter, piano playing quietly in the corner, wonderful aromas and beautifully prepared and tasting food. Salmon, brussels, rice rounded out our meal.Special Features:
- frankVIPDined on 8/23/2014Once again the food and service were impeccable. we love the flamboyance of the 'cobra coffee' as a fitting closing of a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Excellent service. Great location.CMohanDined on 8/21/2014Waiters were discreet and mature. Primary location near many hot spots. Ideal for business lunches. Lunch food menu can be expanded some more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bread and nice atmosphereyyyimtttDined on 8/20/2014Naan was delicious and restaurant ambience is superb. However the food did not blow me away. I had the chicken tikka makhani. It was just ok and the waiter was not very attentive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Bombay Club is for a special occasion. The quality of the food/service is some of the best found in the district. It can be a bit noisy simply because Americans think they have to be heard over everyone else; hence, it is sometimes difficult to really enjoy the piano that usually starts sometime around 6:30 or 7 P.M. It is difficult to find absolutely anything negative to say about Bombay Club except the culling of potential clientele at the door. When I'm paying this much for a pleasant dinner I expect the people dressed in shorts, blue jeans, T shirts, etc to be turned away at the door. Bombay Club certainly doesn't need their business since the restaurant was almost at capacity on Wednesday evening. You'll not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Bad formMaribethVIPDined on 8/20/2014After receiving an email from Knightsbridge, the parent company, that they were extending Restuarant Week, I made a reservation. When I arrived the waiter told me it was not RW. Even when I showed him the email he said it was a mistake and would not honor the email. I will not be back.
- Never disappointsCharlesVIPDined on 8/17/2014Bombay Club is my favorite Indian restaurant in the city. The regular menu is outstanding, and I've always found the Restaurant Week selections to present a good value and a decent variety. This visit did not disappoint. The Lotus cocktail here is a group favorite.Special Features:
- Great serviceLouiseDined on 8/17/2014The Restaurant Week menu had a chicken dish that one at our table felt was too "American" tasting. I can see what she meant. But everything else was exquisite. I ordered the fish and savored every bite. The shrimp dish was also good. The service was among the best I've seen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant Week ExperiencekarencitaDined on 8/17/2014Went to Bombay Club for the last night of restaurant week. Food was delicious and service good. The only problem was that the restaurant was very cold. I'm happy to have returned - it was a good as I remembered.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week experienceShaniVIPDined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious and had perfect portions also the service was polite. I would visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackDDined on 8/17/2014Sunday Lunch Buffet - Wide selection of dishes, everything we tried was great.Special Features:
- Open table mistakeAnnie12VIPDined on 8/17/2014Booked on open table for lunch on Sunday but was told no restaurant special on Sunday although that was what we booked. Open table should have known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightcharmerDined on 8/17/2014Had never eaten at Bombay Club and on a lark decided to try their Sunday buffet special. It is a great deal for such a high end place and the live piano music was an extra nice touch! Very attentive staff, great spread, will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Brunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014Went on Sunday and had a great time with friends. Most of the staff is great, just had one who...was less than gracious...Food and variety is delicious and fresh. Also valet parking.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerNatalyjoaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went for restaurant week and everything we ate was delicious! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, food and servicejanetDined on 8/16/2014My friends and I went here during restaurant week. One of my friends had a very late lunch and was not able to eat too much. She asked if they could accommodate her, the waiter initially said no. I think he went ahead and asked his manager to accommodate her so she could order an appetizer separately (they didn't do their regular menu besides their restaurant week one during the restaurant week in DC). The food was delicious from appetizer to entree to dessert. Very romantic atmosphere! I'd come here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summer '14 restaurant week dinneryummersDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is beautiful, the piano player fantastic, and the food tasty. I would only say that our waiter made us feel a bit rushed. When he said he would be back in a minute, he meant it. 60 seconds. We felt pressured to hurry up and order and our waiter wanted to not only get our app order but also our main course ordered right away. whoa dude, we've been here 5 minutes! and there were multiple open table so we weren't taking up someone else's spot. But he was nice and attempted to make a couple corny jokes, which I appreciate. Also, my bf is a veg and there was only one main course option for veg vs. 6 meat course options. But my bf was please with the large platter of 6+ bowls of various indian delectable sauces etc w/rice and naanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014If you enjoy top notch Indian food this is the place for you.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014The fish I ordered was not very flavorful and I really did not like the lentil dish that I ordered. The sorbets were good.Special Features:
- Too much noise.ShmendrickDined on 8/14/2014Too much noise almost ruined a marvelous meal. 50 charactersI would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week lunchvictorgreenDined on 8/14/2014Absolutely superb restaurant week three course lunch offering at a highly reasonable price. I commend Bombay club for using items from the regular menu for restaurant week, allowing dinners to actually get a taste of the place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014This is one of my favorite Indian restaurants, the food is amazing. If you have a reservation they should have a table ready for you.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, great atmosphereycomedyVIPDined on 8/14/2014I always enjoy Bombay Club. The food is excellent and the selection is very good. The atmosphere and service make it worthwhile. The cocktails are interesting and different. It's on the pricey side since a lot of the items one has come to expect with their Indian food are a la carte but that's not a show stopper. I keep coming back and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Indian FoodFoodieDanDined on 8/13/2014The decor is regal and takes you back to another era. Me and my friend came out for restaurant week and every course along the way was nicely presented, filling, and delicious. The service staff was attentive and cordial. Great Indian food and great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014It was freezing cold in the restaurant on a cool evening. I now have a cold…..
- Overrated and unfriendly serviceBombayClubDharaDined on 8/13/2014I went to this restaurant several times in the past few years. It used to be good. Recently, the service levels have been abysmal. On the most recent visit, I had to sit for 20 minutes without waiter coming to take the drinks order. I had a couple of guests and was embarrassed. On top of it, the valet lost the keys to my friend's car, which made im wait till midnight to go home. I would seriously advise the management to improve service.Special Features:
- Great ambience and good foodSplDiningDined on 8/13/2014Upscale restaurant serving speciality indian cuisine. Food is very good, perhaps one of the best indian restaurant in the neighborhood. Great and friendly service. Good place to consider for special occassions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- baronVIPDined on 8/12/2014Nice outdoor area to eat. Shrimp appetizer was great but the chicken entree had weird pieces of meat. Overall, it was okay.Special Features:
- Delicious food, wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014My boyfriend and I came here for Restaurant Week 2014. We were skeptical after reading some of the reviews but ended up really enjoying the food, ambiance, and service. Out of all of the dishes tried (kale chaat, fish kurkuri, chicken tikka, and bombay thali), the fish kurkuri was the only one that disappointed us. Otherwise - everything was outstanding. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekmusashiVIPDined on 8/11/2014There was an abbreviated menu for Restaurant Week. Dishes were good and very reasonable. The last time I was there was many years ago. If you want the unique, large selection that the Club usually offers, come after restaurant week. Gave a nice extra for my daughter's birthday.Special Features:
- Foodie Approved!dreabDined on 8/11/2014When my friend and I walked in we were seated promptly and our waiter came shortly thereafter to take drink orders. For my appetizer I had the Kale and it was delicious. I have to admit it was a tad bit oily but that didn't stop me from consuming all of it. My friend ordered the duck appetizer and it was spicy and yummy. I had lamb for the entrée and was thoroughly pleased. My friend ordered the Chicken Tikka and it was very tender and the spices were amazing. I am more than pleased with Bombay Club and plan to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitGitaDined on 8/11/2014Went during restaurant week. I am of Indian origin and have low expectations from Indian restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised at the appetizer dishes we ordered. The kale chaat was excellent and duck kebab was juicy but a little too spicy which overwhelmed the other flavors. The main course of goan fish curry was well seasoned and flavorful. The lamb curry was good but the pieces of lamb were a bit tough.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week SpotDCdinerDined on 8/11/2014Bombay Club has a really nice Restaurant Week menu. Went for lunch and were very happy.Special Features:
- Satisfactory dining experiencePatakaDined on 8/10/2014We went for lunch after an event in DC and had high expectations. The variety offered for lunch buffet was surprisingly limited - with especially weekend buffets in VA/MD, the standard is several seafood, lamb and chicken dishes at least one biryani and a selection of Indian desserts. At BC, while there were several vegetarian options, the meat choices were just fish kebab and chicken curry with jeera rice. The palak paneer, fish and naan bread were very good though. The flow around the buffet table was tight, we had to wait to get to the appetizers table that was set up behind the buffet table due to the limited space to circulate. Service at the table was very good. Overall recommend for casual, not special occasion, dining.Special Features:
- High level of Indian food.Fp69Dined on 8/8/2014A storic indian restaurant in Washington DC, the n.1 in town. We have eat great indian food, without spend mach money. Light dinner in a very good place. Only the Air conditioning is too hight.Special Features:
- Another Over Rated OldieDarmadillaDined on 8/5/2014This was our third visit to Bombay Club. The fragrance of wonderful seasonings greeted us upon arrival, as well as a Host who was very kind about our delay due to the African Delegation visit blocking key streets. The six dishes we had were all tasty, portions small as usual, and nothing any better than other area Indian restaurants. The mango crème brulee was chalky and tasteless. There are wonderful Indian restaurants throughout the DC, Maryland and Virginia region that offer quality without the Bombay's over priced menu.
- Great DC ExperienceCeilDined on 8/4/2014Excellent service and the food was outstanding, cleaned the plate. Don't forget the desert! The mango ice cream was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurepalmfanVIPDined on 8/4/2014The Bombay Club never fails to please. Starting with the elegant atmosphere, continuing with the warm welcome, the gracious, prompt but never intrusive service, it's a winner from the first moment you enter. Then, let's talk about the food. It's always exquisite. Always. You simply can't go wrong here. There's a range of flavors and variations, of degrees of spiciness, of options for people with particular food issues. You just can't go wrong here. Period.Special Features:
- Wow! Fabulous in every way!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014As a 22 yr member of the Chaine de Rotisseurs, this is one of the best, and NOT expensive for what you get. Everything was fantastic -- food, serve, room. Go! You won't be disappointed.Special Features: