Bombay Chopsticks by India House
721 W Golf Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Bombay Chopsticks by India House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bombaychopstickschicago.com/
- Phone: 8473805775
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Jagmohan Jayara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bombay Chopsticks by India House
Namaste! Taste the culinary vision of renowned chefs Jagmohan Jayara and CS Rawat. A perfect place to meet clients and co-workers! Great family dining! Bombay Chopsticks by India House is based on dishes that are very popular in India and are becoming very popular in Chicago! Start with a Vegetarian Spring Roll or Sweet Corn Soup. For an entrée, “Jagmohan’s Favorite”, Kung Pao Chicken, is a crowd pleaser at many Chinese restaurants in Chicago and it’s very special at Bombay Chopsticks. Vegetarian dishes like Sa Po Vegetables and Tofu in Tangy Sauce are very popular! Our dishes are spiced to order and served with un-paralleled service!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Chopsticks by India House reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)romantic (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good not greatraviVIPDined on 9/6/2014Didn't really taste like authentic Indo-Chinese places in India , but was good. Didn't like the appetizer's of spring rolls and baby corn very much , they were fried and drenched in sweet sauces for fried too much. The fried fried rice was not oily and delicious and garlic noodles where the best I have had at any Chinese or even Indo-Chinese spot without being excessive in oils and salted and seasoned perfectly. Lassi drinks were authentic.
- Unfortunately....EmmaPiesMomVIPDined on 8/15/2014The best part of the meal was the for fortune cookie but that was before I decided to try the minty lemonade and I loved it! My boyfriend and I had ordered sweet and sour chicken and I had some ginger chicken dish and they were both unappealing but the presentation was nice as was the ambience. I would stop in again for the minty lemonade in a to go cup otherwise I'd keep driving.Special Features:
- Very mediocre foodcevianDined on 8/2/2014This place was way below par for lunch. We had an expensive order with about 6 dishes in all, and only one (cauliflower manchurian) turned out to be edible. 1 veg balls with gravy - the gravy was too watery and lacking flavor. 2 the golden fried baby corn was the biggest let down. It was shocking that the chef had used dried up STUMPS of full corn to substitute for the baby corn! It seemed to us that they had used the corn seeds for maybe a soup, and then the left over dried up stumps were deep fried to make up the bulk of the food. There was not a single baby corn piece in the meal. 3 Toffee Litchi with ice-cream - litchi was fried in a stale oil I have been here for dinner and the food is definitely much better. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
- SpicyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014If you like spicy this is the place. Ask for less spicy when you order otherwise food real spicy.Special Features:
- HARSHADBHDined on 7/5/2014AS REQUEST NO SALT WHILE BOOKING BUT NO ONE KNOW.ORDER SERVE ALL IN ONE TIME BEAR/SOUP APPETIZER AND MAIN COURSE WHAT YOU THINK ON THIS WE TOLD THEM WHY EACH ITEM SAME TIME?NO PROPER REPLY JUST SAY READY.I AM ASKING YOU IF SMALL TABLE AND ALL ITEMS COMES SAME TIME HOW YOU ENJOY GREAT FOOD,AS WELL JUSTIFY BOMBAY CHOPSTICK GREAT FOOD.finally no choice make main course major make carry to homeI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceTinggaDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant have been recommended by a friend. It you like good Indian-Thai-Chinese fusion food, this restaurant is the place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Bombay Chopsticks by India House reviews archive.
- Nice RestaurantSyedDined on 4/20/2014Nice Restaurant ..perfect for a good family dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food with awesome servicePatilUjwalDined on 3/22/2014This is the perfect place for special occasion...i loved the food and the service offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indo-Chinese foodRayanDined on 1/3/2014Good spicy Indo-Chinese food, excellent service and decent cocktails. Love it.Special Features:
- I'll be back....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013Fabulous flavors and service in abundance..... you won't go wrong giving this a try. The Bombay noodles and dragon roll are exquisiteSpecial Features:
- Lunch ExperiencevvvkDined on 11/10/2013Food was not great and need to improve taste besides biryani should be made mandatory part of buffet.Special Features:
- Great ambience!mogoDined on 10/12/2013I have been to this place several times but this experience was the poorest. The food was either over or under cooked and had a weird tingling after taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceJaiAnandDined on 10/6/2013Great Indo Chinese food.. loved it!! The seating booths should have been slightly bigger. They were too small to fit 5 people.Special Features:
- Great indo-chinese foodRaj6Dined on 9/6/2013Chinese food with a spicy twist - flavor and well cooked - what you get (otherwise) only in Indian subcontinent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than India House!TolerBear1VIPDined on 8/18/2013Great take on Chinese food; dined here for 1st time this night--ordered about $125 of food! I'd definitely come back!Special Features:
- In the eight months sincePeteVIPDined on 8/1/2013In the eight months since I last dined here, alot has changed. The restaurant is now completely separated from neighboring India House, and the menu is exclusively Chinese food with no Indian dishes - although I was still served a mango lassi off the menu. New wait staff is friendly and courteous. Decor is trendy and upscale. The restaurant is family-friendly which lends to a more energetic noise level (i.e. be prepared for screaming children). The food is good, but nothing special, except that my order of chicken pad thai was an enormous serving. I ate well in the restaurant and had leftovers for 3 more meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2013Only place in IL I know of which serves decent Indo-Chinese food with a great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very oily and no vegetablesIndiana23Dined on 7/6/2013Food is very oily and no vegetables in Hakka noodles.chef needs to learn the ingredients according to the recipe. monchow soup was horrible not according to original recipe. Staff was very rude .overall a very bad experience will not recommend this place.Special Features:
- UnProfessional but Good FoodFoodieDined on 6/16/2013We had reservations on Father's day, unlike many of the other diners. However, they sat us 1 foot max away from the next table. This may have not been so awkward had the table not been facing the same way as the next one. So in effect, we were eating "with" the other party. These 2 table were the only 2 that were positioned this way. Restaurarants keep advocating for reservations, but then treat the customers who have them worse then walkins. I won't be coming here on a holiday ever again. Also, it took over 10 minutes for the waitress to come by the first time with water. The food, however, came very quickly and was delicious. If they could improve their standards of service, they would have a great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant to dine with...PRabsDined on 6/3/2013Had a pleasant experience on a pleasant day, the food was good, the place was very clean... I would suggest to my friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth watering foodIndianfoddiesDined on 5/26/2013We haven't a had such a good indo-Chinese in Chicago lead area till we went to Bombay chopsticks . Specially chili chicken and schzehwan fried rice were too goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hakka Indo-Chinese restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/21/2013Been here many times and always love this place! We enjoyed the Hakka noodles (they don't skimp on the meat), chilli fish appetizer, lollipop chicken, crispy shredded lamb (more like bite sized pieces), Szechuan fried rice and we ordered 3 soups (delicious) that were each split into 2 by out waitress and still came out to being a cup each. Shrimps are clean and cooked perfectly so they're still soft! I always order no MSG and the taste is better than with it. Huge portion sizes. We were 5 adults and a 2 year old child and our bill came out to 100 bux including tip! Still had noodles and rice leftovers for the next day. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerdinnerwithfamilyDined on 5/14/2013We go to Bombay Chopsticks every time we are in town. Highly recommended...however their veggi dishes are always a bit oily... The quantity of portion is large... They have a decent size kids menu. Spice levels are fine. Overall it is a very good restaurant to have dinner with friends, family our if you are on a romantic date...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste and Presentation ofMuraliDined on 5/12/2013Taste and Presentation of Food was really good. Good Service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/6/2013Overall the restaurant was very good. Unfortunately, we made some mistakes with the appetizers....both dishes came fried, but this was not indicated in the menu description. Additionally, I think the restaurant was overly cautious including heat as we were new comers. Our main course was excellent and the service attentive and welcoming. Next time, we will make sure to let them know we are not afraid of spices or experimentation.
- Excellent NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The food was excellent and our waiter was very attentive, friendly, and informative. We weren't rushed even when it got busier later in the evening. We will be going there again but is a little high priced so it will only be for special occasions. I would recommend to anyone. It was 5 star all around.Special Features:
- Food needs to get a bit betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013Food needs to get a bit better to be worth the high $$$s........
- Lamb chili was indistinguishableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2013Lamb chili was indistinguishable from black pepper mushrooms - both deep fried and served in dull sauce. Pomfret was still swimming - in a bed of sauce. Oil used for deep fried (again!) spinach was old and off. I made a special trip from Milwaukee to try BC and regretted the gas I wasted.
- The food was fantastic asOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013The food was fantastic as it always is! Our server Kumar was fantastic!Special Features:
- the crispy chili lotus rootOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2013the crispy chili lotus root is simply amazing. i'm already craving it again!Special Features:
- Beautifully decorated butMEJ68Dined on 1/10/2013Beautifully decorated but ultimately disappointing. The service was poor. The menu did not explain the dishes and the server was unable to explain them either. I ordered steamed vegetables with tofu (pretty simple dish) and they could not even get that right. Desert was great. Too out of my way to make the effort to go back for poor service. But it looked nice.......Special Features:
- The restaurant is great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012The restaurant is great. The only problem was we made the reservation through Open Table. We had a party of 8 people with kids. As we get there for our reservation, they don't have it. I showed them them my confirmation from you guys and they had no idea what Open Table was. We ended up waiting 45 minutes for a table with kids (not fun). Luckily the food and the server were excellent. I will not use Open Table again until I know the restaurant uses it. Reserve your tables the old fashioned way...just call it in.Special Features:
- Poor tasting expensive Chinese foodfrequentdinerVIPDined on 12/30/2012Best thing I can say is large portions and good service. Food was aweful, I was thinking new Indian infused Chinese food, what, I/we got was horrible Chinese food for double the price of any Chinese restaurant.
- It could of been better...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012First, we were in group of 7 and they gave us a table which was between 2 restaurants. The food was good, but since they were busy the waitress messed up the order and they were bring items one at a time. I would think they would bring your Appetizers at the same time. Over all it was good...Special Features:
- Hidden Gem. Best In suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012Very good unexpectedly. Typically your sit down "thai/asian-esc" resturants in the subrubs have the exact food as the same as tiny take out places. PF chang, Big Bowl, etc...only they charge double the price for basic chicken fried rice. However Bombay Chopsticks was a hiddn Jem. Some real good Indian-Thai fushion. Some meals here wouldnt be found anywhere except someone's mothers' kitchen who came from India or Thailand. Even the signatre cocktails tasted like they were mixed by some high end bars. Tried some Indian beer. Very tasty. If you like spicy food and you like good drinks but dont want to head deep into Chicago. GO HERE!!! This place is a Gem for sure.... 1 app, 2 entrees, 1 indian beer (bomber size), 1 martini, 2souSpecial Features:
- The staff was very friendlyEatoutVIPDined on 10/31/2012The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our meals were outstanding. We will be going back again.Special Features:
- Knowing food it was not evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Knowing food it was not even close to what other restaurant. Out of 4 menu item only one item was made fresh. All shrimp menu was premade and got to the table in few Minutes. You could feel breading for shrimp was cooked fresh. Service was amazing. For service I would give 5 star.
- This is the best Indo-ChineseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012This is the best Indo-Chinese cuisine restaurant in mid-west. There is a similar restaurant in Boston called "Mumbai Chopsticks".This cuisine is basically Chinese style sauces modified with Indian spices and flavors. Appetizers are must try. I looked the crispy baby corn, paneer schezwan. They have a very comprehensive menu. A must go.Special Features:
- The manager was not awareOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2012The manager was not aware they even use open table. Fortunately, my husband has also called. It was crowded when we arrived and the manager chastised us for only making a reservation the day of even though she had taken the call herself. After blaming the server, accusing us of being late when we weren't, she finally acknowledged having given away our table for no good reason. After waiting 45 minutes, we were seated and the food and service were then spectacular.
- Good food but service is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Good food but service is very poor. It is amazing how the restaurant works in this economy. The waiter/waitress do not help one another. In fact they cannot assist other waiter/waitress even four them together stand around. I would be hesitant where do not come and ask if u need another drink.Special Features: