Bombay Bistro - Fine Indian Dining
820 Marquette Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55402Neighborhood:
Downtown / North Loop
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Bombay Bistro - Fine Indian Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bombaybistromn.com/
- Phone: 6123122800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thurs:11AM-10PM Friday.......11-10 Saturday.....12-10 Sunday.......12-10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Malti Mehta
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We do Cater Special Events of any size at Your Vanue OR In our Banquet Rooms which Accomodate upto 155 guests. Our Catering Offers Various Levels Of Service Including Partial Cooking By Our Professionals In Your Own Kitchen.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party rooms are available for up to 160 people. Full audio-visual and 65" projection TV. Perfect for presentations and business meetings.
- Special Events: Make Your Evening A Memorable Dining Experience With Our Eclectic Selection Of Authentic Indian Fare & Signature Cocktails in A Rich Traditional Ambience in The Heart of Downtown OR Enjoy South & North Indian Weekday Lunch Or Weekend Food Fair Buffet
- Cross Street: Opposite W Hotel Foshay Tower
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Please use Valet Parking at The W Hotel right across the street at our front door on Marquette Between 8th and 9th Street OR We do validate weatherproof self parking at Metro Park/Ramp enter from 90th South 9th Street on a check of $25.00 and above during Dinner Hours and Weekends.
A word from Bombay Bistro - Fine Indian Dining
Bombay Bistro Where you find uncompromising, excellent food quality consistently prepared with passion & experience by our Chef Malti Mehta.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Bistro - Fine Indian Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
- One Of The Best ExperiencesAashooDined on 9/15/2013Very Good food reminds me of one of the best Indian restaurants in London. Surprisingly reasonably priced being in downtown prestigious location. Not very fancy. Tilts towards authentic Indian. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at Bombay BistroLindaDined on 9/11/2013I have visited the Bombay Bistro buffet on various occassions for lunch. This was my first time for dinner. It was a wonderful evening with friends. The atmosphere was great. The service from the owner was great but the service from the two young ladies could have been a little better. I will definitely come back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingpeteDined on 8/31/2013appetizers were particularly poor. Sauce for Paneer and Naan were very good however. Service was clueless.
- uneven dinner, buffet lunch betterTXtwinDined on 8/24/2013vegetarian thali with samosas, mattar paneer, 'naan or rice', sides of dry vegetable, dahl and raita, chopce of masala chai or gulab jamun. My spouse had palak paneer: nearly 2 cups. My more expensive platter had mattar paneer, veggies (stewed zucchini with tomatoes is dry?), dahl & raita were all just half cup. After dinner,they just brought a single ball of gulab jamun. there were only 2 other tables occupied, so it wasn't like they were too rushed to ask. plain and garlic naan were soft and chewy & oily and I happen to prefer a lighter drier version. yummy, but the serving sizes were weird, as was the disconnect between stated options and actual delivery. The daytime buffet is wonderful, it's sad to pay more /get less at dinner.Special Features:
- Food was not as good as itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2013Food was not as good as it used to be. Service is unsatisfactory.
- Spice was minimal (requestedDBbbVIPDined on 7/31/2013Spice was minimal (requested a bit of spice to it and there was no bite) and less meat in the entrees compared to other Indian restaurants we have visited. Server was very pleasant, and that evening was very quiet - nice downtown location -
- Huge variety, friendly serviceMNWandererDined on 7/31/2013Our family loves Indian food, but many places offer the same items. This restaurant stretches this a bit by simply offering more choices in all categories. Love the spicy onion and pepper relish that they serve with the appetizers. Our server was as pleasant as anyone could be. We will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- from open TableClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 7/30/2013found this restaurant through Open Table. Great find. Service was perfect. My group of five went on the guidance and recommendations of the server. The servers choice of starters involving lamb, goat and vegs was spot on. we did the same for the main course. Lamb, fish and chicken with rice, vegs,. Great meal. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLikes2eatDined on 6/21/2013Food was wonderful. Facilities were comfortable and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Not" Fine Diningmsp1Dined on 6/2/2013Maybe it was just a fluke but our experience was not very good. Poor service from the start, food was just ok with the sauces being pretty greasy. It was hard to have a conversation over the loud buzzing coming from the speakers in the ceiling. Overall this was not "fine" dining by any stretch.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2013The best Indian meal we have ever had. Server was very helpful and answered our questions and made great recommendations. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific, authentic, Northernmikie376VIPDined on 4/5/2013Terrific, authentic, Northern Indian cuisine, served with generosity and smiles! We had an excellent meal!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!! TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2013OUTSTANDING!!!!!! They made my food specifically to my taste.... I'll be backSpecial Features:
- Service was poor. Took 15-20OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Service was poor. Took 15-20 min to order and the. The waitress forgot it all together and asked what it was we ordered 30 min later. Bloody Mary was the worst bloody ever. No veggies, salt n pepper or chaser. Tomatoe juiice was thin. Ordered food extra spicy. It came to us mild.
- Should have gone to their buffet!!TXtwinDined on 2/15/20132nd time we have ordered entrees w/naan, plus special lemon rice (and if as according to the waiter they "never have curd rice", why is it on the menu) -- it took the rice 10 min to arrive after rest of the dinner was served. Waiter never warned us of time disparity. My husband insisted on waiting for the rice to eat so the lovely entrees were lukewarm. Great naan---right amount of char, excellent balance between flaky/chewy. But after table was cleared, it took the waiter 7 minutes to bring the check even w/credit card on the table.Special Features:
- Great meal! We had to waitNimzDined on 2/14/2013Great meal! We had to wait a bit for it to come but was worth it at the end...
- hOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013Was dissapointed that they did not update the opentable reservation as being honored and i had to follow up separately to ensure the credit. Food was decent and the ambience is good.
- Six of us went to Bombay Bistro.DevaDined on 2/8/2013Six of us went to Bombay Bistro. We enjoyed our food, the wine list was of good quality, and room and atmosphere were pleasant. Three areas for improvement were bring all drinks to table at same time, wait staff (waiter was unfamiliar with wines and twice brought the wrong one), and the time it took to get our meal. I don't know how long we waited and we were visiting, but it suddenly seemed like a while had passed and we wondered where the meal was. Spices were delicious, portions satisfying. We ordered 1 extra rice, thinking there'd be no charge (naively?); we were charged $3. Nevertheless, I would go back and would recommend it to friends, with the caveat of not being in a hurry.Special Features:
- The food and service was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2013The food and service was great! They made our celebration special and were very accommodating.Special Features:
- When in Minneapolis, we alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013When in Minneapolis, we always make time to eat at Bombay Bistro!Special Features:
- Food was and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2013Food was and service were great and reasonably priced. Overall, it was nice place to grab a meal.
- Happy Birthday to Me!wildegrrl76Dined on 1/30/2013My husband and I went there for my birthday dinner. Although the martinis were slow in arriving at the start, everything else went smoothly and it was a lovely evening. We took our time and had a leisurely celebration. Over the course of the evening, there were singles, couples, family groups with children, and a limousine-full of young professionals. Our food was outstanding! We began with the Bombay Bistro's own mussels appetizer, and went on to goat and lamb dishes with raita, garlic naan, and lentils. Simply superb.Special Features:
- Very delicious. Only complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Very delicious. Only complaint was that it was very cold in there. I had to put on my winter coat while eating dinner.
- Lovely food and service. AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Lovely food and service. A nice bonus of free parking at a nearby ramp.Special Features:
- Perfectly spicedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2013I've had lots of Indian food, but this was the best. The waiter was prompt and efficient, but we never felt hurried, and the food was wonderful. He asked how spicy I wanted it, and I said "Very!". He asked, "Indian spicy?" and I was excited that it was indeed incredibly spicy, but still had distinct and unique tastes which were not overcome with peppers. I still was sweating as I ate it, though. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Good service, decent prices,JessDined on 12/27/2012Good service, decent prices, and great Indian food. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves ethnic or Indian food!Special Features:
- Delicious wide variety ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2012Delicious wide variety of food. Great authentic restaurantSpecial Features:
- This is just a lovely restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/19/2012This is just a lovely restaurant with white table cloths and a great place to relax after shopping. Very nice. The waiter was a little over zealous and cleared our plates way too quickly. I felt like putting a paper weight on it, so he wouldn't take it. The food was good, prices, too. Very relaxing. The only thing: The music was way too loud.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012Food was yummy! This is our go-to Indian fine dining place! The setting was intimate and nice for a couple or larger group. Service was a little slow since there was only one waiter, but we were still able to get in and out in an hour.Special Features:
- WOWOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2012Awesome food, ambience, and service. Much smaller than I expected (which is a good thing). There is an attached parking garage which is only $5 on evenings & weekends. Our old favorite was India Palace in Roseville, but in the future we'll be making the trip into downtown for Bombay Bistro!Special Features:
- Super mellow, excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/30/2012Super mellow, excellent service, and ridiculous value - I've never had a bad experience at Bombay Bistro.Special Features:
- Did not live up to previous dinnerrlievingDined on 11/25/2012We went to Bombay Bistro last year and had an excellent experience. The staff was helpful in making selections, the food was excellent and the price was right. This year, it seems the prices rose while the portions shrank and the service went to OK. It went from being wonderful to being far too expensive for the dinner we received. The meal was still enjoyable. The food was still good. The Bombay Bistro is simply overpriced.Special Features:
- Very pleasant vibe at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Very pleasant vibe at this restaurant. Excellent food. Moderate noise level. Close to State &Orpheum. Service is very congenial but a bit slow, so order entrees early,mon the servers advice, to avoid last minute rush to make show time. Lots of fun for my wife and I, and two college students!Special Features:
- The wait staff was attentive,JoeCDined on 10/26/2012The wait staff was attentive, very nice, and polite. The food was good and arrived at an appropriate time after we ordered. Only negative was they did not have the wine we ordered, but our server was very apologetic. We would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Our server was very attentivesarahmplsDined on 10/24/2012Our server was very attentive and eager to please. The food was very good and came quickly. The ambiance was pleasant and I appreciated that it wasn't very loud in there, so I was able to have good conversation with my companions.Special Features:
- Good Indian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2012Food was good. Service has improved significantly since the last time I ate in this restaurant.The staff is knowledgeable and did a good job is taking the order and making recommendationsSpecial Features:
- I went there with my two childrenSuperbeeDined on 10/10/2012I went there with my two children for a little special mommy and kids time. Both the boys liked the food. The service was a bit slow but the kids loved our server who my 6 year old said was "very nice and friendly". We did find that the rest of the wait staff who brought us water etc were slow and language was a barrier in communicating with them.Special Features:
- While the service wasn't fabulousAllieoopDined on 9/29/2012While the service wasn't fabulous (it took a long while for someone to bring us water and take our initial drink orders), the food was wonderful and we thought overall it was very reasonably priced. Every once in a while you just get a hankering for Indian food, and Bombay Bistro is definitely a great choice to allay that desire. The veggie pakora were as good as I've had anywhere in town, rivaling those at Gorkha Palace. Entrees were very well done but could have been spicier -- we ordered them 'medium spicy' but could have ordered whatever the next notch up was and been fine. Nice, laid back atmosphere with relaxing music.Special Features:
- The service was prompt andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012The service was prompt and courteous. The food was good, although definitely toned down for a Minnesota palate. I would have liked the option of ordering it hotter.
- I love their Lunch BuffetlouiseinMSPVIPDined on 9/4/2012I love their Lunch Buffet so I was looked forward to dinner. Their dinner choices were excellent, especially goat korma and fish tikka with naan. Our server was charming (from Goa) and knew the menu. Had good suggestions plus attentive without being a bother. We will be back.Special Features: