9040 Carothers Parkway
Suite B 111
Franklin, TN 37067Neighborhood:
Franklin / Brentwood
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bombaybistrotn.com/
- Phone: 6157719105
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 2:00PM, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00AM - 2:30PM.
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Krishna Ganatra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bombay Bistro
The high-end Bombay Bistro in Cool Springs makes a bold statement in terms of eclectic Indian cuisine. Its classic north Indian fare along with great signature cocktails gives this joint a westernized twist to the overall dining out experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great for novices!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2014I had never eaten Indian cuisine before (I know, crazy), and we ended up getting the owner's son as our server. He was patient and took the time to explain lots of menu items and gave us great recommendations. Great experience, we will definitely be back!
- The following 37 reviews are from the Bombay Bistro reviews archive.
- Always good food.RMesserliVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is the first place we learned of Chat appetizers. We really like them and had the Papdi Chat - our favorite. Service is always great and the atmosphere is pleasant.Special Features:
- Rip off!frustratedDined on 5/16/2014Too pricey, quality is poor and service poor. I have eaten at the smaller Indian restaurants and the food is better and cheaper. the other new Indian restaurant down the street close to walgreens, serves better portion and their service is unsurpassable! I found Bombay Bistro folks to be haughty and obstinate in their dealings when questioned about what we were served. We had American guests for dinner and it was a total embaressment! Americans know no better and seem to like the food, but frankly, Bistro is out for us!! too bad lost a customer!!
- Great Indian findCAdreaminDined on 5/9/2014Bombay depicts the total package....delish food, pleasant contemporary interiors and excellent wait staff. The owners are from Southern Cal where good food was a given. They clearly put the total package together and brought it here to Tennessee. Every time the owners' son waits on us, we are pleased with the outcome of the food. His recommendations are spot on. Would prefer a bit more vegetables as part of any protein dish but the sauces are always delish. Both tomato and lentil soups were creamy and very flavorful.Special Features:
- SurprisedBrianVIPDined on 5/3/2014Loved the food, the presentation, the service. A Cool Springs winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bombay Bistro is a top notchLocalyocalDined on 3/15/2014Bombay Bistro is a top notch Indian restaurant on the east side of I-65 in the Cool Springs area. Full bar, decent wine list. Great food from lamb dishes to garlic naan. They do a lunch buffet 7 days a week, which is unusual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2014We love this place. This was our second visit. We brought another couple and they loved everything. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian ItchScottyDined on 2/14/2014If you're itching for those Indian spices Bombay Bistro delivers. Hot or not, go here for the food. Just about everything makes me want to come back and eat more. Got to say, however the service was a tad slow, but it was a busy night.Special Features:
- Great Lunch BuffetFoodieVIPDined on 2/5/2014This buffet is great. Food quality and selection is top notch. There are plenty of selections without being overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NashvilleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/1/2014Having recently moved here from New York City, I'm used to the finest in Indian restaurants. After one disappointing meal after another I discovered Bombay Bistro. As good as any Indian I've had in New York or London, for that matter. If you're looking for the best Indian in Nashville this is the place. Namaste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I cannot wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014This place is fantastic. The food was amazing. Our waitress Jasmine knew the menu and reccommended great items. We will go back here and bring our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A stapleLocalTNchickVIPDined on 12/24/2013We Luv this place food is always fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Indian FooddavidgDined on 12/24/2013We are delighted to finally have found a great Indian restaurant in Cool Springs / Brentwood. We have dined at Bombay Bistro at least 6 times and have never been disappointed with food, bar or service. They have an excellent list of special Indian cocktails that always are flawlessly executed. Their breads are the best we have experienced anywhere, including Manhattan. And all entrees are excellent. We highly recommend our friends at Bombay Bistro!Special Features:
- Perfect Meal!ContentfinTNDined on 12/7/2013When you have the urge for Indian, head here. The food and drink were outstanding- perfectly prepared and spiced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, food and serviceTeeFranklinVIPDined on 11/30/2013My boyfriend and I have eaten at Bombay twice. Both times the service was absolutely wonderful and the food was delicious. We tried an appetizer and Tiki Lamb Sizzler dish the first time and a Lamb/Shrimp/Chicken rice dish the second time. The Naan is out of this world. Try the chocolate Naan for dessert. This is our new "go to" place for great food and quiet conversation. The chef's son Dave takes care of the bar and some of the tables, and he is very good. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit didn't dissapointOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2013Second visit didn't dissapoint - delishous food and nice service.Special Features:
- Delicious but priceyBets123Dined on 7/13/2013The food here is really, really good. I think the portions are just a little small for the price but I would still go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at Bombay BistroGeneVIPDined on 5/4/2013delicious food, good service, good value. The food is different than Indian food at other Nashville Indian restaurants. They use more tomato sauce. I would eat at this restaurant more often if it was closer to my home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013I'm no expert on Indian, but this was fantastic. Their curry was flavorful, but not overly pungent. Every suggestion we were given was right on point. The garlic naan is a must, I recommend getting 2 orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were, overall, very pleased.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We were, overall, very pleased. Service was prompt, and our server always seemed to arrive at the table at just the right moment. Our drinks were delicious, as was everything that we ordered. We will go back, certainly. The experience while waiting for our table was a little awkward, as there isn't much space to wait. It was a busy night (cold outside, too), and there were lots of people waiting in a small space right in front of the entry. Every time the door opened, we were blasted with the outside chill. Since our table was relatively close to the entry, we were similarly chilled while dining every time the door opened.Special Features:
- We went for dinner on Valentine'sMJMcVIPDined on 2/14/2013We went for dinner on Valentine's Day. It was so great we returned for the lunch buffet on Sunday. We have eaten Indian Food in many countries and all over US, but have never been happy with Nashville selection. When ordering off menu they offer you the "heat" you desire. The owner and staff could not have been more gracious and helpful. Nice wine, too. We will definitely be back many times.Special Features:
- Best Indian Restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/29/2013Best Indian Restaurant in all of the Nashville area. Be sure to have the Chocolate NAN for dessert, or get some to go and take it home and heat it up in the micro wave for 20 seconds (don't do it any longer, as it will get hard). Incredible! Every dish in this restaurant is great.Special Features:
- A regular favorite for deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/1/2013A regular favorite for delicious lunch or dinner. Exceptionally well run. Consistently enjoyable.Special Features:
- We ived in England for a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012We ived in England for a number of years (the Indian food capital of the world) and have been looking for a good place for Indian food. We're from Atlanta and were visiting in the Nashville area when we came across the Bombay Bistro on Open Table. The owner was very nice and helpful as some of the dishes were different from what we'd tried in England. Everything was very well presented and delicious. Indian beer list was good but bottles only - not a really big deal if you like Indian beer like I do. Overall a good experience - very well run family establishment. Wish it was in Atlanta. Cliff & SharonSpecial Features:
- If you are an afficianidoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012If you are an afficianido of Indian food, you'll love this place. If you need a little help, the waitstaff will help, but only if you ask. The food is excellent, as is the bar tender. Worth multiple visits if you like Indian food.Special Features:
- My wife and I found this asOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2012My wife and I found this as a last min find for a date night. Staff was super friendly and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding but the drinks from the full bar were unique and out of this world. I recommend the spicy one made with a hot pepper floating in it. We were visiting from Hawaii and will make this a regular stop whenever we visit.Special Features:
- Yea Indian Food but no ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2012Though it is great to see an Indian Restaurant that appears to be a bit more upscale...this restauant fell victim to the "We are not very busy so the waitstaff and the mgr/owners will sit at a table and fold napkins and chat with each other" That tendency is so annoying to guests because it feels to this reviewer that they dont care about my dining experience. I dont go to fast food and when I dine I want to have an overall experience. One cannot help crying children but I felt like I was paying significantly with a party of 9 to dine in someone's home kitchen. The dining room of a restaurant is not the prep or set up area for the restaurant during main eating times. I will not go back.Special Features:
- Often will not check you inscottVIPDined on 6/23/2012Often will not check you in on OT. Annoying. Otherwise, great food.
- Bombay Bistro has been oneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012Bombay Bistro has been one of my favorite restaurants for a while now but this most recent visit left me a little disappointed. The service was as good as always but there just seemed to be a lot of corners cut where the food was concerned. I had my usual dish but it was nowhere near the quality that I normally expect, the favors were bland, sauce watery and very little meat. 4 small pieces of lamb in a watery sauce do not constitute a $16 dish. My wife had the same experience with hers, also a dish we've ordered before so know the usual standard. I'm hoping this was just a bad night for them and I'm willing to give it another try but there are other good Indian restaurants in the area so there's no need to put up with a drop in quality.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012Great restaurant, authentic Indian food with modern and classic decor! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great food, hurried service.CateVIPDined on 3/22/2012The food was great, the atmosphere was nice, but the service was very, very hurried in a restaurant that was not exceptionally busy.Special Features:
- 1) Waited approximately 45OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/20121) Waited approximately 45 minutes for the entree to arrive (appetizers arrived in a reasonable amount of time, and then... nothing). We had to ask 2x for the entrees and they finally came about 45 minutes after the order was placed. The food was extremely watery, very little meat (i.e., chicken or veal) - it just seemed like they were trying to cut as many corners as they could with the food prep. The atmosphere was excellent and the friendliness of the staff was fine. But, overall, the food quality and long wait will prevent us from returning.
- Overall a very good experience...thOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Overall a very good experience...the owner or manager was very cordial and we had a good dining experience.Special Features:
- Food was a little blanderOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Food was a little blander than usual. I do usually like this restaurant much better. I wonder if they were just overwhelmed with Valentine's Day
- Our family enjoys searchingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/5/2012Our family enjoys searching out Indian food. Bombay Bistro helped satisfy our craving. The spices were good (not too hot) and everything tastes authentic. Not quite as good as our favorite at home but very close. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We all had the buffet andNashfoodDined on 1/25/2012We all had the buffet and there is something for everyone - spicy, savory, meatless, etc. And it is all wonderful!Special Features:
- Quite tasty Indian. It's inscottVIPDined on 11/25/2011Quite tasty Indian. It's in a strip mall in Cool Springs but don't let that keep you away. Excellent service (Chrissy?).
- Just OK Indian food. Wouldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2011Just OK Indian food. Wouldn't go out of my way to go back.