Bombay Bhel- Thornhill
230 Commerce Valley Dr. E
Thornhill, ON L3T 7Y3Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Bombay Bhel- Thornhill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bombaybhelthornhill.com/
- Phone: 9057716957
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45 am - 3:00 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:45 pm - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bombay Bhel Thornhill provides healthy and authentic Indian catering for your event. Everything from corporate, weddings, birthdays to hosting a dinner party at home. Your menu is always fully customized to suit your specific needs. Call and speak to our experienced catering staff to see how we can make your next event a perfect experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Bombay Bhel Thornhill provides a healthy, authentic and enticing Indian cuisine experience in an elegant setting complete with intricate murals and glass covered artwork as your tabletop.
- Private Party Contact: Raj 8776251687
A word from Bombay Bhel- Thornhill
Bombay Bhel Thornhill, a 2011 Thornhill Reader’s Choice Award-winner for Best Indian Restaurant in Thornhill, has transformed the Indian cuisine scene in York Region, offering a mix of healthy, traditional and contemporary dishes in new and innovative ways. Located on Commerce Valley Drive, the family-owned business has been a popular dining destination for more than 15 years and offers a casual but classy experience with its tabletops of original art, covered in glass. Instead of staring at white linen, diners can view scenes of Indian mythology, village images or scenes of folk tales of the Punjab. Their culinary creations are rich and intense, yet never heavy or too spicy; tender, juicy butter chicken, sumptuous tandoori dishes, fish tikka and the famous Bombay Royal Platter. Come find out for yourself why Bombay Bhel Thornhill was voted #1 Indian Restaurant in Thornhill in 2011Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bombay Bhel- Thornhill reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food!BearDined on 8/11/2014Definitely will go back again with more friends. Butter Chicken is very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much sauce not enough substanceLynleDined on 7/26/2014My friends and I met here. I arrived first, and while waiting for my friends, no one stopped to ask me if I wanted to order any drinks while waiting, and I was waiting quite a bit! At least more than 20 minutes. Finally, I had to snag a waitress to let her know that I wanted a drink. Anyway, even though the food was very tasty, there was too much sauce in all of them and not enough of the meat. The meals were filling because we were all girls with small appetites, however, I doubt that if we had each brough our boyfriends/husbands along, the amount of food in each dish would definitely be lacking. Nonetheless, the price was very reasonable and it is a great place for a cheap dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Bombay Bhel- Thornhill reviews archive.
- best indian flavours in TO!knuckledusterDined on 1/25/2014Butter chicken is creamy and delish! Shrimp Masala is perfectly spiced! Best Chutney in the GTA! Yummiest Dai Phuri! Mango chicken is sweet and spicy, amazing! Every dish a delight:)Special Features:
- Haven't had better Indian foodKevinDined on 10/19/2013Went here on a whim because I was craving Indian food. Can't believe I hadn't heard of this place after living in the area for as long as it had been open. The place was clean and lively on a Saturday night. The server got to us right away and was helpful. The garlic naan was the best I ever had. Butter chicken and lamb vindaloo were also amazing. I just had an extremely fun time eating. Pricing was also spot on. The only gripe was that the main course took a bit longer than expected to come out. But appetizers were out quick and we're delicious. Leagues ahead of that other Indian place in the area.Special Features:
- Solid as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2013This is our go-to restaurant when we feel like Indian food. The quality is always consistent and every bite is tasty. We usually go for the butter chicken and chicken tikka masala. There was a new item on the menu called Canada's Hottest Curry. It's like $15 and if you finish it, you get free dessert and 10% off your entire meal. I asked about it and waitress said not to get it because it's only sauce with no meat. That was a little disappointing but glad that she told me the truth. On this visit, it was 9pm and we still had to wait almost 30 mins for our food despite there being only a few other guests. Food was good though when it finally came. Price is still reasonable despite the hike. Try this place if you haven't yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs a little step upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2013We've been here a few times already. Food is very good and consistent. We ordered samosas, butter chicken poutine, beef vindaloo and mango chicken. I love their cucumber yogurt to go with the curry but find it a bit pricey at $3.50. They should offer different portions at different prices. The size of the yogurt I ordered can feed 4-6 people. Servers were friendly but not too attentive. We asked for the bill 4 times before we finally got it.Special Features:
- This is usually my go-to locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/14/2012This is usually my go-to location for Indian food, however our appetizers and main courses came to the table luke warm and had to be sent back for reheating. The fish tikka was sent back all together for a number of reasons: too greasy, too salty, came to the table cold. It was a Friday night and the restaurant was about 60% at capacity, but flagging down a server was difficult and they didn't come to check up on the food once it arrived. While service at this location is never stellar, it was a real let down on this particular occasion and the food is no longer as consistent as it used to be. To avoid frustration, you are better off getting take out.Special Features:
- Reliable and ReasonableflyndineDined on 2/4/2012Bombay Behl has always been a reliable choice for Indian food. Their curries are always accompanied by a generous portion of naan, roti or rice. We appreciated the quick service. Try the samosas for an appetizer - they are a good sized potion and crispy. Would return again.Special Features:
- A MUST TRYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2012What an amazing experience. Definitely the best Indian food in the City. I was extremely impressed by the courteous and quick servers. Great decor and excellent food. A perfect location for a night out with the family or a corporate lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Amazing Food! Im craving to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2012Bombay Bhel Thornhill is now easily my favourite Indian Restaurant. The service was friendly and very accommodating with some special requests that we had in regards to food allergies. Starting with appetizers they have these beef samosa's that I have never seen or tasted before, I was definitely impressed right away. Next we had the Butter Chicken, which was the perfect mix of intense flavour a juicy chicken. Along with that we also had the veggie dish called Bhangan Burtha. This eggplant was just a perfect taste without the overpowering taste of onions and/or masala's that I have had at other Indian restaurants. The naans were very warm and tender. I will definitely be back again with friendsSpecial Features: