Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge
661 Washington Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
South AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolivarmiamibeach.com/
- Phone: (305) 305-0801
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Colombian, Peruvian, South American
- Executive Chef: Jairo Hurtado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar
A word from Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge
The founder of “La Ventana Restaurant,” Jairo Hurtado, has taken it up a notch to bring you a new flavor. Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge features an environment that manages both the sleek and rustic styles of great Colombian-Peruvian-Venezuelan gastronomical fusion in a distinctly lounge-y vibe. This restaurant and lounge environment is the perfect place to come together for all occasions. Bolivar has an exquisite menu of vibrant Colombian and South American cuisine enjoyed in a trendy restaurant- lounge environment. Our chef features freshly made ceviches, steak and seafood that fuse traditional Peruvian ingredients with a blast of Colombian flavor. Chef specialties vary and plenty of fresh seafood entrees are highlighted to capture your taste buds. Our wine list includes the best in choices for sharing a romantic evening with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (15)special occasion (12)romantic (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Variety of Suth American FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014Very good service, large menu and large potions (should share a plate), a good place to try different south american food The Sangrias are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bolivar is a best kept secret!AshleyKDined on 11/8/2014I was visiting South Beach for a bachelorette and we decided to have dinner at Bolivar. We were blown away! It is AWESOME. They have live music and performers who are really fun and keep the party going! They also have delicious tapas. (And don't miss their specialty sangria. Delish!) The service was awesome. We had a blast. It's a small restaurant, so make reservations. And be prepared for it to be loud. But if you're looking for fun, this is the place to be!Special Features:
- South America in South BeachKenTDined on 11/8/2014Great little spot for a casual dinner. Food is reasonably priced and wait staff is very friendly and efficient. Decor is nice but laid back. I'll be stopping here again next time I'm in South Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Bolivar is rare combination in SOBE of great food and service. Had entertainment also which added to funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great restaurantEtchDined on 10/25/2014The food is outmatched only by the warm and friendly staff. From the hostess to the bartenders, everyone was always smiling and very accommodating. They unexpectedly brought a free appetizer to the table. I forget what it was called, but there was one for each of us. My mother asked if it had cilantro, and learning that it did, mentioned that she wouldn't eat hers. The waitress quickly went back and had them make another one for her that was cilantro-free. They offered to prepare anything on the menu cilantro free as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!FoodloverDined on 10/25/2014My girlfriend and I went here on the first night of our trip to Miami, we only stayed 2 nights. Everything we ordered was outstanding (and we ordered a lot!). And the service was perfect, we had a really good waiter but there were still 3 or 4 others that would come by to pick up empty plates, drop off more food, or refill our glasses. We wanted to try different types of food when we came to Miami, but this place was so good we came back the second night! Again it was a lot of fun. This time, we stayed for the performance at 8:30. It started kinda iffy, but as the singer sang more songs, it got better and all the tables started participating. By the end of the night it was practically a party. We will be back!Special Features:
- MiracleMDined on 10/24/2014We went to Bolivar based on reviews we read on trip advisor. We were vacationing in South Beach for my 30th birthday and didn't know where to go for dinner. I have to say I am so happy I found this place. The service was amazing! They even surprised me with a birthday dance and song and got the entire restaurant involved to sing along. I was just an all around great experience and that food, sooooooo good!!!! I would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Latin cooking at it's bestRDJ9Dined on 10/22/2014Enjoyed the ceviche and anything with fish! Service was over the top and could not ask for more! We will be back.Special Features:
- PamJMDined on 10/21/2014Very nice selection, great presentation and authenticity.Special Features:
- Large menu, friendly service, fun!billDined on 10/18/2014South Beach locale with South American cuisine. Casual and relaxed, the staff are super friendly and attentive. The menu includes tapas, ceviche (the best!), and churasco. Generous portions and regional wine specialities including sangrias. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly & EccleticchopchopDined on 9/25/2014Staff was attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu offerings. We were greeted with amuse bouches. The ceviche was probably one of the best I've tasted. At the end of our experience the manager approached the table and inquired if everything had met our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!inlovewithfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been to this restaurant back in 2012 and made it a point to visit again when I was there Labor Day weekend. We were served by Luisa who was amazing! I remember her from 2012 and she was on top of her game. Made wonderful recommendations with food and provided excellent service. I'm going to recommend this place to everyone if they visit Miami!Special Features:
- An OK mealCJ3680Dined on 8/21/2014Myself and my son had the belly pork platter which was disappointing, the meal was very dry and only had small pieces of belly pork on it, they were more like port scratchings. My husband had the chicken in a mushroom sauce which he enjoyed. The restaurant was slightly too dark making reading the menus hard work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The staff was very accommodating with our group of 6. The food was fantastic as well.Special Features:
- Excellent overallZizouDined on 6/23/2014Excellent food, very good service, long list of drinks, the only thing is that I found the AC was a bit too coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Latin Fusion FoodSoBeBosDined on 6/8/2014We went to Bolivar after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. We wanted to eat in a restaurant that wasn't part of the Ocean Drive madness and Bolivar on Washington Ave was just perfect. The menu offered many choices of different sized plates as well as different plates from different countries - Venezuela, Columbia, Peru, Ecuador, etc. My husband and I started with the 6 Ceviche "Shots" and an Arepa which was a good accompaniment for the marinated seafood. We then shared the Pabellon Sifiron, a Venezuelan dish of shredded beef which was delicious. Like most restaurants in South Beach, they automatically charged 18% service charge but the wait staff earned it, they were very attentive. We liked it so much we went back for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowExBeretVIPDined on 6/1/2014Best meal we have had in Florida. Full stop. Patacones were a superb meal in themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food was great, the service could have been better but the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super good2fromOmahaDined on 4/30/2014My wife and I were on our honeymoon and we're staying nearby on south beach. Our dining experience was excellent. We sat outside. Best Mojitos we ever had served with a slice of sugar cane. The food was fantastic too.Special Features:
- Latin GemsusanjnDined on 4/26/2014The food and service were great. Cesar, our waiter was very helpful with the menu and provided great service. Our table of 6 shared 2 cerviche as an appetizer along with the cajun grilled corn. Amazing! Our group had the mahi mahi entree, churrasco steak and an entree salad with shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Their was live entertainment so if you are looking for a quiet space, sit in the front of the restaurant. Would go back for sure!Special Features: