Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge
661 Washington Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
South AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolivarmiamibeach.com/
- Phone: 3053050801x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Colombian, Peruvian, South American
- Executive Chef: Jairo Hurtado
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar
A word from Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge
The founder of “La Ventana Restaurant,” Jairo Hurtado, has taken it up a notch to bring you a new flavor. Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge features an environment that manages both the sleek and rustic styles of great Colombian-Peruvian-Venezuelan gastronomical fusion in a distinctly lounge-y vibe. This restaurant and lounge environment is the perfect place to come together for all occasions. Bolivar has an exquisite menu of vibrant Colombian and South American cuisine enjoyed in a trendy restaurant- lounge environment. Our chef features freshly made ceviches, steak and seafood that fuse traditional Peruvian ingredients with a blast of Colombian flavor. Chef specialties vary and plenty of fresh seafood entrees are highlighted to capture your taste buds. Our wine list includes the best in choices for sharing a romantic evening with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)romantic (9)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Amazing!!inlovewithfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014I've been to this restaurant back in 2012 and made it a point to visit again when I was there Labor Day weekend. We were served by Luisa who was amazing! I remember her from 2012 and she was on top of her game. Made wonderful recommendations with food and provided excellent service. I'm going to recommend this place to everyone if they visit Miami!Special Features:
- An OK mealCJ3680Dined on 8/21/2014Myself and my son had the belly pork platter which was disappointing, the meal was very dry and only had small pieces of belly pork on it, they were more like port scratchings. My husband had the chicken in a mushroom sauce which he enjoyed. The restaurant was slightly too dark making reading the menus hard work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The staff was very accommodating with our group of 6. The food was fantastic as well.Special Features:
- Excellent overallZizouDined on 6/23/2014Excellent food, very good service, long list of drinks, the only thing is that I found the AC was a bit too coldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Latin Fusion FoodSoBeBosDined on 6/8/2014We went to Bolivar after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. We wanted to eat in a restaurant that wasn't part of the Ocean Drive madness and Bolivar on Washington Ave was just perfect. The menu offered many choices of different sized plates as well as different plates from different countries - Venezuela, Columbia, Peru, Ecuador, etc. My husband and I started with the 6 Ceviche "Shots" and an Arepa which was a good accompaniment for the marinated seafood. We then shared the Pabellon Sifiron, a Venezuelan dish of shredded beef which was delicious. Like most restaurants in South Beach, they automatically charged 18% service charge but the wait staff earned it, they were very attentive. We liked it so much we went back for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wowExBeretVIPDined on 6/1/2014Best meal we have had in Florida. Full stop. Patacones were a superb meal in themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Bolivar Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- FlavorfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food was great, the service could have been better but the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super good2fromOmahaDined on 4/30/2014My wife and I were on our honeymoon and we're staying nearby on south beach. Our dining experience was excellent. We sat outside. Best Mojitos we ever had served with a slice of sugar cane. The food was fantastic too.Special Features:
- Latin GemsusanjnDined on 4/26/2014The food and service were great. Cesar, our waiter was very helpful with the menu and provided great service. Our table of 6 shared 2 cerviche as an appetizer along with the cajun grilled corn. Amazing! Our group had the mahi mahi entree, churrasco steak and an entree salad with shrimp. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Their was live entertainment so if you are looking for a quiet space, sit in the front of the restaurant. Would go back for sure!Special Features: