1740 Seidersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boleterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6108686505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lee Chizmar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bolete Restaurant
At Bolete we believe the integrity of our ingredients defines the food. Everything is handcrafted in house. Chef Chizmar changes both the dining room and tavern menus daily to bring you the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bolete Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Bolete Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (43)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (16)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MakarlanMakarlanDined on 8/27/2014We have dined at Bolete a number of times and have never been disappointed. The reason for the high noise level rating was because of a boisterous birthday party in progress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious. It was a bit pricey, but this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualAstiVIPDined on 8/21/2014We decided to go to Bolete earlier in the day and were fortunate enough to get a reservation at 6 pm. The menu was varied and tempting, as usual. We always wish we could order more than one entrée! Service was perfect, again, as usual. This is our favorite restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. The cuisine is inspired and the service is excellent - a rare combination!Special Features:
- Brunch menu is variedKimCDined on 8/17/2014We ate brunch at Bolete for the first time! The menu was unique. My duck hash was delicious. The assorted breads that were brought to the table were unique; the bacon/cheese/roast onion scone was fantastic! The pancakes were a disappointment. They were like giant, cakey cookies with a few chopped peaches on top. They were very unusual in their consistency, and three people who tried them all agreed we'd never order them again. The burger was delicious and piled so high with all the toppings that it was impossible to eat without using a knife and fork. Unfortunately for us, there were people nearby having an excessively loud conversation. That is something we know can't be helped, but it certainly impacted the enjoyment of our meal.Special Features:
- Fab foodhmw128Dined on 8/16/2014Love eating here, never disappointed with the new menu updates. Tuna tartare is always amazing! Waited a bit for each course, but was totally worth the wait. Drinks unique & delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceylauraxoDined on 8/12/2014Review says it all foods good but way to expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!Akr1Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful!! The food was excellent. I would go back for the tomato mozzarella appetizer alone. The fish was seared perfectly. And the dessert was out of this world.....chocolate mousse accompanied by sorbet, chopped pears, and a pistachio/hazelnut crumble. Definitely one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular tasting menuFatherofFoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had been trying to get to Bolete for a while, but living 1.5 hours away, it had been hard to find the time. We went for a special occasion with our two adult children to celebrate our 30th anniversary and decided to do tasting menu and wine pairing and it was spectacular, rivaling Vetri and Fond in Philadelphia. Service was friendly and top notch. It was every bit as good as all the reviews said it was and did not disappoint in any category. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Always greatDGXKDined on 7/20/2014We look forward to dining at Bolete. Truly one of the best in the Valley. If you're looking for a place to impress with dinner or Sunday brunch, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMB22Dined on 7/19/2014My husband an I selected Bolete to celebrate our wedding anniversary based on reviews we read about the restaurant. We could not have selected a better place! When we pulled up to the lot, we actually wondered if we were in the right place based on the neighborhood. Once we walked inside, we felt welcome and cozy. I was so impressed with the level of attentiveness and service. There seemed to be one member of the wait staff per table! The menu changes daily. The choices for our night were amazing. Fish cooked perfectly. Salads fresh. We passed on dessert as we were so full but the chef sent us out a "taste" of the butterscotch pudding and it was delightful. We will definitely return when we are back in Bethlehem.Special Features:
- PERFECT AGAINLizzbVIPDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is in a charming 18th century house with a sparse and quirky(in the best way) interior. The atmosphere is elegant with patrons dressing in anything from tailored shorts to cocktail dresses. But the best thing about Bolete is the FOOD! We are NYC residents and travel all over the US often guided by our appetite for great food. Bolete is one of our favorite restaurants ever. Oysters with beef Carpaccio, tuna/watermelon tartar, smoked pork chops that my husband said were the best he had ever eaten. Of course the butterscotch pudding is fabulous but the Buckwheat Angle food cake with blueberry ice cream was light and heavenly. Service was spot on. I really cant say enough about how consistently wonderful this place is.Special Features:
- Consistently the best!MsJaneDined on 7/17/2014A wonderful dining experience - good food, fabulously prepared. Very attentive waitstaff, but be prepared to wait! It's a dining experience, not just dinner!Special Features:
- Gourmet gemluv2dineDined on 7/10/2014Bolete has elegant food and the service was very attentive. A pricey venue but worth every penny. Plan on taking your time to dine. Beet soup was marvelous, as well as the pan seared halibut and the duck was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psugrad01Dined on 6/29/2014Great food, service and overall experience, as usual!Special Features:
- fantastic brunchhmw128Dined on 6/29/2014Food was great, drinks were fantastic, took some time but worth the wait. Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met a friend for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/29/2014Bolete is a gem, and the food and service was wonderful. I have dined here several times and it is always a pleasure. Our enjoyment was slightly marred by two large tables, each containing loud people who didn't understand the concept of 6" voices. They were obviously enjoying themselves, though.Special Features:
- The Chef's Tasting Menu, Awesome!bluealderferDined on 6/25/2014We have been to Bolete numerous times. The rolls are worth the trip alone! this time we tried the five course tasting menu, and when it was all said and done we probably had the equivalent of 8 meals. Everything was just fresh and wonderful. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Beautiful BoletewineanddineDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I are foodies and I am in the wine & liquor business. We loved this restaurant. We sat at a table in the bar which was very quiet, relaxing and romantic. Service was excellent, friendly, informative and not intrusive. We sat for hours and never felt rushed or imposed upon but all of our needs were met. We did the chefs' tasting menu with wine and it was great although perhaps a wee bit too much food. Next time, and I hope there be will one, I would order a regular 3 course meal and bottle of wine. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Well worth the drive! Food and service were amazing! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Our favorite lehigh valley spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Drinks are fabulous, the food is always delicious, wine list is yummy! I love the burger with house cured bacon, and you must try the butterscotch pudding.. Must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High traffic bar areaKateDined on 6/17/2014Made reservations for dinner but was seated in the bar, on a Tuesday night, which was a rowdy, high traffic scene. Service was delightful, nonetheless. Each dish, to borrow their cliched question, "we enjoyed" was perfection. Will request dining room next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I've been wanting to go to Bolete for years and finally made reservations. I had wanted to try the chef's tasting menu, and did not know it wasn't available on weekends, so that was a disappointment. Due to how busy it got, I understand, though. The noise level when we first got there was fine, however within a half hour, the place filled to capacity and I was amazed at how loud it got just from the people in the room talking. That was the only downfall. The service was impeccable. We were never left without water, and someone from the waitstaff appeared exactly when necessary. It was almost uncanny. The food was delicious, and presented beautifully. Salmon was perfect and butterscotch pudding...yum.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Food quality, preparation, presentation, and selection is excellent. Emphasis of restuarant to purchase ingredients from local farms is reflective in the freshness and quality of the meal. Chef cooks to order which is divine for the palette but takes forever to be served. The service people were attentive but the interval between our appetizer and entre took at least 50 minutes considering this was a weekday and perhaps only at 50% capacity. We were seated at 6:20 and departed at 9:45. Ambience could use more greenery/flowers and a bit brighter lighting. Large center table that seats 6 has chairs totally out of character with the other tables. Catches one eye immediately.Special Features:
- Huge disappoinmentInnovativeDined on 6/8/2014After seeing nothing but 4 plus stars, i really wonder. First time OpenTable let me down. The desert was typical of the whole meal. Only one offering, butterscotch pudding that the server claimed very special. Only special was the $10 price for something that was presented and tasted exactly as a high school cafeteria desert. My Poached eggs were hard boiled in an otherwise tastless fried oyster egg chizmar. The soup we had was the same. Wines quite good, served cool not cold as I prefer. My wifes scrambled eggs quite good. Tables promptly reset.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/8/2014This time we went to Bolete for brunch. You will not be disappointed! Had yellowfin sashimi with a grapefruit miso broth and beautiful veg, green garlic soup, and poached eggs with duck confit hash for me, oysters for my husband. All divine! Nice choices for beverages, "adult" or otherwise spritzers or flavored lemonades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time, still a charm!GriffDined on 6/7/2014Third time here, very good, very consistent. Great staff, fantastic food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent night outhmw128Dined on 6/6/2014the drinks, the food, the popcorn at the bar - everything was delicious, perfectly prepared and the staff was fantastic. Immediately at the top of our list of favorite restaurants, will be back soon to try brunch.Special Features:
- The only true dining in the LVDineTheWorldVIPDined on 6/6/2014Causal elegance describes the ambiance & service...innovative & incredible describes the food...I travel the world for my work and have privilege of dining at the best it has to offer... When I'm home, Bolete is the only place I truly enjoy dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foodemip91Dined on 6/3/2014We dined here for a birthday dinner and it was great. There was only 2 of us and we were seated at a 4 person round table so we felt a little distant, but all the tables were for parties of 4 or more. We even received a complimentary dessert for my boyfriends birthday, and I did not even ask, the waitress brought it on her own volition! Only complaint was that because we were seated so far apart, as was everyone else, we could hear other peoples conversations. Other than that, amazing food, top notch service - I would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Perfect!AstiVIPDined on 6/3/2014This is our favorite Lehigh Valley restaurant! The chef is inspired in his creativity in food combinations as well as presentation. I have an allergy which results in my not being able to eat many things on most restaurant menus but everything at Bolete is made to order and my allergy never seems to be a problem, which is another reason why I love it there! Plus, service is always friendly and consistently good! Thanks Bolete! We will be back next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!JasonDined on 5/31/2014Went here without knowing much about the restaurant. It is amazing. The food was seasoned precisely right, was cooked precisely right and tasted amazing (we had the steak tartar, foie gras, NY Strip, and the Duck Breast). The service was professional, yet friendly, and the restaurant itself is very nicely decorated. Oh, and the wine list is great, as is the beer list, and the butterscotch pudding is DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findStoliTonicLemonDined on 5/16/2014Tasty appetizers and entrees that you don't see every day, pick any thing off the menu, you'll love it. If you are not that adventurous, the meatloaf sandwich is a personal favorite. Specialty cocktails have like 10 ingredients in each and take time to make but are well worth it. Don't leave the place without having the butterscotch pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!TeddybearDined on 5/14/2014This was not my visit to Bolete but it was for the other couple with us. We were adventurous and tried the chef's tasting and it was absolutely wonderful. We had no clue what we'd be getting but we did advise the waitress of items that we did not want to try, everything we received was excellent and probably items we would not have picked ourselves. Well worth it and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/6/2014Really nice place. We happened to get there early and they had a great prix fixe deal for the first hour I believe (til 6?)Special Features:
- Excellent Meal, Bad CompanyBdeliciousDined on 5/4/2014I went to Bolete for Sunday Brunch with my mom and dad. We were greeted then seated in the dining room to the right. Everything was great until you noticed the other clientele. They were all Lehigh students splurging for brunch on mommy and daddy's dime. Normally, I wouldn't care but people from the "ME" generation only think about themselves. They were loud and their conversations were annoying. Other than that, the food was exceptional! I had the liberty gardens salad with blueberry vinaigrette for a starter and then Maine lobster roll for my main course. Our waitress was very pleasant and did not rush us. The only food complaint is that the only dessert they had was butterscotch pudding. Very disappointing as I have a major sweet tooth!Special Features:
- The following 86 reviews are from the Bolete Restaurant reviews archive.
- Compares to the Best Country FrenchEdBellyReportDined on 4/23/2014Each time I visit Bolete I end up in Foodie Heaven. The seasonal dinner selections utilizing local fare are unique & wonderful. I recommend keeping one of the daily printed menus wih you as you dine to identify all the ingredients delivering such flavorful dishes. I'm always surprised at what Chef Chizmar combines to intoxicate my taste buds. My opinion is only a great chef can pull this off. I have dined here 6 or 7 times in the last 18 months & still crave another visit. From drinks to dessert you will be excited. I look forward to my next dining opportunity at Bolete.Special Features:
- Excellent little findMikeBDined on 4/22/2014Little old farm house/inn conversion small seating area but excellent food offerings. It is our new favorite for the area by far. The cocktails & wine were diverse enough to suit everyone's palate. I love duck and the liver appetizer and main course were awesome. They offer a multi course chef's choice which we plan to do next time after we starve ourselves sufficiently since the portions were also a good size. I would whole heartedly recommend.Special Features:
- The Mushroom is King!gdfoodVIPDined on 4/18/2014Bolete (mushroom) was a terrific find for my wife and I as we kicked off Easter Weekend. In a word this restaurant is FANTASTIC! Outstanding food selection (mushroom ingredients galore), some of the friendliest staff I have encountered anywhere ( of course it is in PA), a really Fun Bar with (only 7 seats) with Steven at the helm, interesting history to the building, and great atmosphere for couples and groups of diners. We give Bolete Restaurant - 2 Thumbs Up each !Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2014The food was excellent as was the cocktail I had, once I received it. We arrived about 15 minutes prior to our reservation to get a drink at the bar - despite being handed a menu as soon as we walked over the bar, the bartended never came back to take our order. I will say this, he was working hard - not like he was just sitting around. But as the drinks are a bit labor intensive, they take time - perhaps another bartender is needed. Even when we sat at our table and ordered our drinks, it was another 15 minutes before the drink arrived...too long overall to wait for a cocktail - despite how delicious it was. The food was great, met my expectations - which were set pretty high based on Bolete's reputation.Special Features:
- First time at Boleterc0467Dined on 4/11/2014The wait for seating and for our meals were both a little long but the food was delicious and worth the wait. Best meal I've had in the area in a long time. The buter scotch pudding lived up expectations, awesome! Looking forward to returning soon. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.