1740 Seidersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boleterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6108686505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lee Chizmar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bolete Restaurant
At Bolete we believe the integrity of our ingredients defines the food. Everything is handcrafted in house. Chef Chizmar changes both the dining room and tavern menus daily to bring you the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bolete Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Bolete Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (52)special occasion (44)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (5)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bolete a new special place favoriteLauraDined on 10/22/2014We'd gone to Bolete a few years ago for a Sunday brunch and enjoyed the meal very much. When an opportunity for a special occasion with another couple came up, so did this restaurant's name. With lots of nods in tow, we visited the restaurant. It was incredibly busy for a mid-week night, but the service was wonderful. The food was excellent. From appetizers to desserts, everything was fresh, flavorful, seasonal, and the portion size appropriate. Thank you Bolete for an excellent night out. (We have a family occasion coming up soon, and you are on the top of the list!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary dining experienceLooking4funDined on 10/17/2014The chef prepared our meals with an exquisite balance of favors and perfect temperature. The service was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bolete is the bestHappyDinerDined on 10/16/2014Took my wife here for her birthday again and was not disappointed. Food and service fantastic once again. We both had the same thing - Started out with the cauliflower soup, then the halibut for our entree. It was all perfect. We love this place. Thanks to Sara and the busboys for taking great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014One of the best experiences in the Lehigh Valley. Great food with nice portions and great combinations of flavors. Each plate from appetizers to main entree had just the the right amount of explosive flavors to please the palet. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best2bucksDined on 10/10/2014Went for the 2nd time Oct. 10th. We were incredibly pleased again. The food was beyond words and so fresh. The staff were professional like we have not seen in a long time, but also very friendly and helpful. We are grateful for the owners decision to offer us nice wines at 1/2 price during the week. A nice savings. It is the BEST restaurant in the valley. Thank you, thank you, Derek and NancySpecial Features:
- excellencehungryVIPDined on 10/8/2014Bolete is consistent, and so attentive to detail they have few competitors in that arena. And such a relaxed atmosphere combined with 5 star quality is also what sets them apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakarlanMakarlanDined on 9/28/2014Unusual preparation of eggs benedict. Brunch was outstanding. Best brunch ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in the AreadwongDined on 9/28/2014Over my time at Lehigh University I went to Bolete around 10 times because it was easily the best restaurant around. The ingredients are always fresh and the menu changes a bit every time based on what is in season. The wait staff is always great and the tasting menu is something you have to try at least once in your life. Just note the portions for the tasting menu are very generous so you may need bigger pants. This time around I went for brunch and took advantage of the great weather by sitting in their outdoor patio area. Food as always was great and even though I have already graduated, I wouldn't mind driving the hour from Philly to go back every now and then.Special Features:
- OverratedchuckoDined on 9/27/2014Was very disappointed. Presentation and quality was not worth the money. would not recommend to anyone and will not go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014This is one restaurant that meets the reviews - outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch visitKimberlyDined on 9/21/2014Best bloody mary I have had in a while, very beefy a great sipper. Rhode Island Fluke Ceviche was amazing both freshness and texture- fyi don't share it it is too good. Entrees were good great, except the fried potatoes were kind of dry. Atmosphere and service is very civilized a rarity these days.Special Features:
- MyrtleVIPDined on 9/18/2014Exceptional service, warm, helpful, not intrusive; food is earthy but nuancedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic dining!4everglobalfoodieDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate our anniversary, from the moment we got there the service was excellent and the food was superb! The chips and dip was amazing, the surf and turf oysters were incredible and the steak was cooked to perfection. Our dessert was just the perfect ending to truly one of the best meals we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Local CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The Food is always fresh, well prepared, and always changing. Great service! Will definitely come back. Love the Ghost of Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!KimGVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The menu is constantly changing, the ingredients are always the freshest and highest quality and the chef is brilliant in his execution. Great food combined with professional and friendly service makes this one of my favorite restaurants in the country, rivaling the best of great food cities like New York and San Francisco.Special Features:
- ExcellentcejabeeDined on 8/29/2014From the incredible bread to the caramel treat with the check, everything was outstanding. Surf and Turf oysters, smoked trout, halibut, NY strip all fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakarlanMakarlanDined on 8/27/2014We have dined at Bolete a number of times and have never been disappointed. The reason for the high noise level rating was because of a boisterous birthday party in progress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious. It was a bit pricey, but this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualAstiVIPDined on 8/21/2014We decided to go to Bolete earlier in the day and were fortunate enough to get a reservation at 6 pm. The menu was varied and tempting, as usual. We always wish we could order more than one entrée! Service was perfect, again, as usual. This is our favorite restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. The cuisine is inspired and the service is excellent - a rare combination!Special Features:
- Brunch menu is variedKimCDined on 8/17/2014We ate brunch at Bolete for the first time! The menu was unique. My duck hash was delicious. The assorted breads that were brought to the table were unique; the bacon/cheese/roast onion scone was fantastic! The pancakes were a disappointment. They were like giant, cakey cookies with a few chopped peaches on top. They were very unusual in their consistency, and three people who tried them all agreed we'd never order them again. The burger was delicious and piled so high with all the toppings that it was impossible to eat without using a knife and fork. Unfortunately for us, there were people nearby having an excessively loud conversation. That is something we know can't be helped, but it certainly impacted the enjoyment of our meal.Special Features:
- Fab foodhmw128Dined on 8/16/2014Love eating here, never disappointed with the new menu updates. Tuna tartare is always amazing! Waited a bit for each course, but was totally worth the wait. Drinks unique & delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experiencewendyloveschicagoDined on 8/13/2014We spent a long evening enjoying the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was prepared separately for each of us...there were 4 of us... depending on our food preferences. The food was amazing, the service was perfect, and the evening was one that we'll never forget. Bolete is the perfect spot to celebrate a special occasion. We enjoyed everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceylauraxoDined on 8/12/2014Review says it all foods good but way to expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!Akr1Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful!! The food was excellent. I would go back for the tomato mozzarella appetizer alone. The fish was seared perfectly. And the dessert was out of this world.....chocolate mousse accompanied by sorbet, chopped pears, and a pistachio/hazelnut crumble. Definitely one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular tasting menuFatherofFoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had been trying to get to Bolete for a while, but living 1.5 hours away, it had been hard to find the time. We went for a special occasion with our two adult children to celebrate our 30th anniversary and decided to do tasting menu and wine pairing and it was spectacular, rivaling Vetri and Fond in Philadelphia. Service was friendly and top notch. It was every bit as good as all the reviews said it was and did not disappoint in any category. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Always greatDGXKDined on 7/20/2014We look forward to dining at Bolete. Truly one of the best in the Valley. If you're looking for a place to impress with dinner or Sunday brunch, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMB22Dined on 7/19/2014My husband an I selected Bolete to celebrate our wedding anniversary based on reviews we read about the restaurant. We could not have selected a better place! When we pulled up to the lot, we actually wondered if we were in the right place based on the neighborhood. Once we walked inside, we felt welcome and cozy. I was so impressed with the level of attentiveness and service. There seemed to be one member of the wait staff per table! The menu changes daily. The choices for our night were amazing. Fish cooked perfectly. Salads fresh. We passed on dessert as we were so full but the chef sent us out a "taste" of the butterscotch pudding and it was delightful. We will definitely return when we are back in Bethlehem.Special Features:
- PERFECT AGAINLizzbVIPDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is in a charming 18th century house with a sparse and quirky(in the best way) interior. The atmosphere is elegant with patrons dressing in anything from tailored shorts to cocktail dresses. But the best thing about Bolete is the FOOD! We are NYC residents and travel all over the US often guided by our appetite for great food. Bolete is one of our favorite restaurants ever. Oysters with beef Carpaccio, tuna/watermelon tartar, smoked pork chops that my husband said were the best he had ever eaten. Of course the butterscotch pudding is fabulous but the Buckwheat Angle food cake with blueberry ice cream was light and heavenly. Service was spot on. I really cant say enough about how consistently wonderful this place is.Special Features:
- Consistently the best!MsJaneDined on 7/17/2014A wonderful dining experience - good food, fabulously prepared. Very attentive waitstaff, but be prepared to wait! It's a dining experience, not just dinner!Special Features:
- Gourmet gemluv2dineDined on 7/10/2014Bolete has elegant food and the service was very attentive. A pricey venue but worth every penny. Plan on taking your time to dine. Beet soup was marvelous, as well as the pan seared halibut and the duck was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- psugrad01Dined on 6/29/2014Great food, service and overall experience, as usual!Special Features:
- fantastic brunchhmw128Dined on 6/29/2014Food was great, drinks were fantastic, took some time but worth the wait. Love it here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met a friend for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/29/2014Bolete is a gem, and the food and service was wonderful. I have dined here several times and it is always a pleasure. Our enjoyment was slightly marred by two large tables, each containing loud people who didn't understand the concept of 6" voices. They were obviously enjoying themselves, though.Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the Bolete Restaurant reviews archive.
- The Chef's Tasting Menu, Awesome!bluealderferDined on 6/25/2014We have been to Bolete numerous times. The rolls are worth the trip alone! this time we tried the five course tasting menu, and when it was all said and done we probably had the equivalent of 8 meals. Everything was just fresh and wonderful. We will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Beautiful BoletewineanddineDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I are foodies and I am in the wine & liquor business. We loved this restaurant. We sat at a table in the bar which was very quiet, relaxing and romantic. Service was excellent, friendly, informative and not intrusive. We sat for hours and never felt rushed or imposed upon but all of our needs were met. We did the chefs' tasting menu with wine and it was great although perhaps a wee bit too much food. Next time, and I hope there be will one, I would order a regular 3 course meal and bottle of wine. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Well worth the drive! Food and service were amazing! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Our favorite lehigh valley spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Drinks are fabulous, the food is always delicious, wine list is yummy! I love the burger with house cured bacon, and you must try the butterscotch pudding.. Must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High traffic bar areaKateDined on 6/17/2014Made reservations for dinner but was seated in the bar, on a Tuesday night, which was a rowdy, high traffic scene. Service was delightful, nonetheless. Each dish, to borrow their cliched question, "we enjoyed" was perfection. Will request dining room next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious..OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014I've been wanting to go to Bolete for years and finally made reservations. I had wanted to try the chef's tasting menu, and did not know it wasn't available on weekends, so that was a disappointment. Due to how busy it got, I understand, though. The noise level when we first got there was fine, however within a half hour, the place filled to capacity and I was amazed at how loud it got just from the people in the room talking. That was the only downfall. The service was impeccable. We were never left without water, and someone from the waitstaff appeared exactly when necessary. It was almost uncanny. The food was delicious, and presented beautifully. Salmon was perfect and butterscotch pudding...yum.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Food quality, preparation, presentation, and selection is excellent. Emphasis of restuarant to purchase ingredients from local farms is reflective in the freshness and quality of the meal. Chef cooks to order which is divine for the palette but takes forever to be served. The service people were attentive but the interval between our appetizer and entre took at least 50 minutes considering this was a weekday and perhaps only at 50% capacity. We were seated at 6:20 and departed at 9:45. Ambience could use more greenery/flowers and a bit brighter lighting. Large center table that seats 6 has chairs totally out of character with the other tables. Catches one eye immediately.Special Features: