1740 Seidersville Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18015Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boleterestaurant.com/
- Phone: (610) 868-6505
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Lee Chizmar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bolete Restaurant
At Bolete we believe the integrity of our ingredients defines the food. Everything is handcrafted in house. Chef Chizmar changes both the dining room and tavern menus daily to bring you the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bolete Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bethlehem ›
Bolete Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (49)romantic (39)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (19)notable wine list (16)hot spot (13)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Absolute favorite!KimberlyDined on 11/22/2014When we walk through the door, it immediately feels like home.... And a home I would love to visit daily!!!! The people there are warm and welcoming, gentle and seeking in every way to make your evening relaxed and most enjoyable. The food is an event every time- delicious and unique- personally the soup is always a favorite!!!!! Main courses are varied, highlighted with perfectly paired local finds. I would highly recommend a visit here, to savor every moment of the most perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceSeniorDined on 11/19/2014We are from out of town. We discovered Bolete in Nov. 2013 and it was great. We dined there again in Nov. 2014 and it was truly fantastic. The entrees were both different and prepared in an unusual way. This is just the right dining experience if you enjoy fine foods. Thanks to the owners and staff for a delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- A Splendid Dinig ExperiencejohnfDined on 11/18/2014From the time you enter Bolete until you leave you will have a 5 star experience. The service people are knowledgeable and available for every whim. Bolete is a true Pennsylvania gem and must be experienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!ChristinaDined on 11/12/2014Food quality and presentation were outstanding. Only drawback is portion size of entree. My husband ordered the bouillabaisse which had fabulous flavors but was more of an appetizer then an entree especially priced at $32. The server should alert us of portion sizes. Fabulous and genuine customer service. Over-all experience was a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was great!maurpaulDined on 11/9/2014Service was attentive, Brunch was wonderful, Lovely setting, interesting menu - Had Tuna Tartare appetizer special which was amazing. Followed by Eggs Chizmar and Lobster Roll - both scrumptious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific again!LisaVIPDined on 11/8/2014We went last year for my birthday and I wanted to go again this year. We were not disappointed. The cauliflower soup and fish and chips apps were amazing. Dinner was halibut and bouillabaise. Both were outstanding. We were so full that dessert was not possible. Oh, almost forgot the unbelievable home made rolls. Wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific experienc , the meal of the year!gmanDined on 11/8/2014My wife & I dined here recently while on a weekend getaway in Bethlehem, PA. Bolete was a fantastic experience; the oysters we had for appetizers were maybe the best I EVER had & my main course as well as my wife's were outstanding. Very friendly staff , just perfect; attentive,yet not intrusive & the owner came over personally to check on our meal. The pudding dessert, while sounding plain, was so much more than just pudding-incredible! Nice cozy atmosphere, I recommend it without hesitation & said it was my best/favorite meal of the year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitBulletBobDined on 11/7/2014You would never expect to fine such a dinning gem like this in Bethlehem but here it is. Worth the trip. The special place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014This was a gift from my daughter for my birthday. Honestly I would never come again. $42 for steak and it was tough! For that price it should have melted in my mouth! Our meal was NEVER worth the money and I thanked my daughter and told her to tell the person who recommended it that I thought it was the worst place I have had dinner at.......
- Fantastic MenuWoooDined on 11/2/2014Seasonal and unique finds on the menu. The duck hash I had was outstanding! Even the bread basket to start has some delicious treats to start you off right :-)Special Features:
- Live up to the hipeSkyPADined on 11/1/2014Our experience was rewarded. Not crazy about the décor but the food is superb (and I do not say that lightly). Truly worthy of James Beard recognition (or even a Michelin star)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch heavenGlobaleaterVIPDined on 10/26/2014Beautiful old farm house, staff welcoming, warm and attentive. And the food did not disappoint. Everything we had was delicious, fresh with great attention to detail. We ate there for brunch with a fussy teenager and we all left happy and full. Will be back for dinner.Special Features:
- SJMMDined on 10/23/2014Without a doubt, my favourite restaurant in the world (and I've lived everywhere from London to Caracas). The food is amazing, the drinks are amazing, the service is impeccable. Just the best. Literally.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner and ServicejzucheroVIPDined on 10/23/2014Bolete tries very hard to provide quality food and service---and they succeed to the fullest. I tried to make a reservation for a Friday or Saturday---no luck; eventually made one for a Thursday night. The restaurant was packed. But the service was attentive without being fussy. Our table (two couples) split two appetizers. The split portions were more than enough. Our dinners were excellent. While we're not huge eaters, the trend lately is to go with such small portions as to leave me feeling hungry. Not at Bolete---the portions aren't massive, but just right, like you yourself would cook on a Sunday night. Order anything with mushrooms and you won't be disappointed. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bolete a new special place favoriteLauraDined on 10/22/2014We'd gone to Bolete a few years ago for a Sunday brunch and enjoyed the meal very much. When an opportunity for a special occasion with another couple came up, so did this restaurant's name. With lots of nods in tow, we visited the restaurant. It was incredibly busy for a mid-week night, but the service was wonderful. The food was excellent. From appetizers to desserts, everything was fresh, flavorful, seasonal, and the portion size appropriate. Thank you Bolete for an excellent night out. (We have a family occasion coming up soon, and you are on the top of the list!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary dining experienceLooking4funDined on 10/17/2014The chef prepared our meals with an exquisite balance of favors and perfect temperature. The service was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bolete is the bestHappyDinerDined on 10/16/2014Took my wife here for her birthday again and was not disappointed. Food and service fantastic once again. We both had the same thing - Started out with the cauliflower soup, then the halibut for our entree. It was all perfect. We love this place. Thanks to Sara and the busboys for taking great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinning experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014One of the best experiences in the Lehigh Valley. Great food with nice portions and great combinations of flavors. Each plate from appetizers to main entree had just the the right amount of explosive flavors to please the palet. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best2bucksDined on 10/10/2014Went for the 2nd time Oct. 10th. We were incredibly pleased again. The food was beyond words and so fresh. The staff were professional like we have not seen in a long time, but also very friendly and helpful. We are grateful for the owners decision to offer us nice wines at 1/2 price during the week. A nice savings. It is the BEST restaurant in the valley. Thank you, thank you, Derek and NancySpecial Features:
- excellencehungryVIPDined on 10/8/2014Bolete is consistent, and so attentive to detail they have few competitors in that arena. And such a relaxed atmosphere combined with 5 star quality is also what sets them apart.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakarlanMakarlanDined on 9/28/2014Unusual preparation of eggs benedict. Brunch was outstanding. Best brunch ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in the AreadwongDined on 9/28/2014Over my time at Lehigh University I went to Bolete around 10 times because it was easily the best restaurant around. The ingredients are always fresh and the menu changes a bit every time based on what is in season. The wait staff is always great and the tasting menu is something you have to try at least once in your life. Just note the portions for the tasting menu are very generous so you may need bigger pants. This time around I went for brunch and took advantage of the great weather by sitting in their outdoor patio area. Food as always was great and even though I have already graduated, I wouldn't mind driving the hour from Philly to go back every now and then.Special Features:
- OverratedchuckoDined on 9/27/2014Was very disappointed. Presentation and quality was not worth the money. would not recommend to anyone and will not go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014This is one restaurant that meets the reviews - outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch visitKimberlyDined on 9/21/2014Best bloody mary I have had in a while, very beefy a great sipper. Rhode Island Fluke Ceviche was amazing both freshness and texture- fyi don't share it it is too good. Entrees were good great, except the fried potatoes were kind of dry. Atmosphere and service is very civilized a rarity these days.Special Features:
- MyrtleVIPDined on 9/18/2014Exceptional service, warm, helpful, not intrusive; food is earthy but nuancedSpecial Features:
- Fantastic dining!4everglobalfoodieDined on 9/11/2014My husband and I had dinner to celebrate our anniversary, from the moment we got there the service was excellent and the food was superb! The chips and dip was amazing, the surf and turf oysters were incredible and the steak was cooked to perfection. Our dessert was just the perfect ending to truly one of the best meals we've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Local CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014The Food is always fresh, well prepared, and always changing. Great service! Will definitely come back. Love the Ghost of Mary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!KimGVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The menu is constantly changing, the ingredients are always the freshest and highest quality and the chef is brilliant in his execution. Great food combined with professional and friendly service makes this one of my favorite restaurants in the country, rivaling the best of great food cities like New York and San Francisco.Special Features:
- ExcellentcejabeeDined on 8/29/2014From the incredible bread to the caramel treat with the check, everything was outstanding. Surf and Turf oysters, smoked trout, halibut, NY strip all fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MakarlanMakarlanDined on 8/27/2014We have dined at Bolete a number of times and have never been disappointed. The reason for the high noise level rating was because of a boisterous birthday party in progress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was delicious. It was a bit pricey, but this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful as usualAstiVIPDined on 8/21/2014We decided to go to Bolete earlier in the day and were fortunate enough to get a reservation at 6 pm. The menu was varied and tempting, as usual. We always wish we could order more than one entrée! Service was perfect, again, as usual. This is our favorite restaurant in the Lehigh Valley. The cuisine is inspired and the service is excellent - a rare combination!Special Features:
- Brunch menu is variedKimCDined on 8/17/2014We ate brunch at Bolete for the first time! The menu was unique. My duck hash was delicious. The assorted breads that were brought to the table were unique; the bacon/cheese/roast onion scone was fantastic! The pancakes were a disappointment. They were like giant, cakey cookies with a few chopped peaches on top. They were very unusual in their consistency, and three people who tried them all agreed we'd never order them again. The burger was delicious and piled so high with all the toppings that it was impossible to eat without using a knife and fork. Unfortunately for us, there were people nearby having an excessively loud conversation. That is something we know can't be helped, but it certainly impacted the enjoyment of our meal.Special Features:
- Fab foodhmw128Dined on 8/16/2014Love eating here, never disappointed with the new menu updates. Tuna tartare is always amazing! Waited a bit for each course, but was totally worth the wait. Drinks unique & delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing dining experiencewendyloveschicagoDined on 8/13/2014We spent a long evening enjoying the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was prepared separately for each of us...there were 4 of us... depending on our food preferences. The food was amazing, the service was perfect, and the evening was one that we'll never forget. Bolete is the perfect spot to celebrate a special occasion. We enjoyed everything!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but priceylauraxoDined on 8/12/2014Review says it all foods good but way to expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place!Akr1Dined on 8/9/2014Wonderful!! The food was excellent. I would go back for the tomato mozzarella appetizer alone. The fish was seared perfectly. And the dessert was out of this world.....chocolate mousse accompanied by sorbet, chopped pears, and a pistachio/hazelnut crumble. Definitely one of the best restaurants in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular tasting menuFatherofFoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2014Had been trying to get to Bolete for a while, but living 1.5 hours away, it had been hard to find the time. We went for a special occasion with our two adult children to celebrate our 30th anniversary and decided to do tasting menu and wine pairing and it was spectacular, rivaling Vetri and Fond in Philadelphia. Service was friendly and top notch. It was every bit as good as all the reviews said it was and did not disappoint in any category. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- The following 113 reviews are from the Bolete Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always greatDGXKDined on 7/20/2014We look forward to dining at Bolete. Truly one of the best in the Valley. If you're looking for a place to impress with dinner or Sunday brunch, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.