6920 Macleod Tr. S
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolerocalgary.com/
- Phone: 4032593119x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Lunch(December only): Wednesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00 - 2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bolero
Located close to the corner of Glenmore and Macleod we are Calgary's first Brazilian BBQ style restaurant. At Bolero the customer is in charge of the timing on our wide selection of churrasco(skewers) to be brought to your table by our Gaucho Chefs. Green means go and Red means stop. A perfect setting for any festive occasion as we offer a wide range of different, cocktails, wine, and beer. Dining with friends and family was meant to be fun, the Brazilian way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bolero - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Bolero reviews from OpenTable diners
256 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (190)good for groups (170)fit for foodies (106)romantic (87)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (26)kid-friendly (26)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (20)late-night find (20)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- WoooowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Food is amazing. The men that serve the meat around are very friendly. I dream of this place it's that good. The hostess was super friendly and the bartender was great. My number one spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no rack!TweetyDined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, but the hot dishes on the buffet table were often empty. Beef was exceptionally good - rare and very tender. We love the pineapple although it didn't seem to be quite as sweet as previous visits - less brown sugar maybe? Disappointed there is no more rack of lamb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. Been here twice so far and would highly recommend it to everyone I know!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantatic Brunch and AffordableFuzzyWuzzyDined on 10/12/2014Again, this is a fantastic restaurant. We go for the brunch as it becomes more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014What a great place to have an awesome dining experience from the time we walked in the door until we left. Great staff, food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at boleroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Personally I love bolero & think that the food is amazing. But this time my experience wasn't as good. Our server was very slow and rude and did not ask if we needed anything else and did not check up on us. She didn't ask if we wanted more drinks or even desert. Therefore my experience just was not as good as I was last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company party must!eatmupDined on 10/10/2014We have a construction company (mostly men) and this is our favorite spot to bring our large crowd! Yay meat for men, and great desserts for the ladiesSpecial Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerlooking4foodDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I went to Bolero for dinner for our anniversary and it was wonderful, as always. We've been there 4 or 5 times now and the food is always fantastic.Special Features:
- The way dining should beCheechDined on 10/7/2014If you are like me and you find it somewhat difficult to pick from the menu, feel like you have to try everything, and sometimes wish you had ordered a different dish, then this is where you want to eat all the time. I recommend taking the full menu. Or, you can take the teaser menu and just pick what you like from a list. But highly worth the full menu your first time so you can try everything. This is the way dining should be. Get a taste of every single dish on the menu, and if you like it, get more! They keep coming back and cutting more meat for as long as you want. It's not just quantity - the food is all cooked and seasoned to perfection. It is always delicious. Skip the buffet appetizers and eat the main courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME SERVICE!!FirsttimerDined on 10/5/2014This is our top choice for date nights! The service is impeccable, the best I've ever received in any dining establishments. The food is to die for. Definitely a great choice. I can not recommend Bolero enough!Special Features:
- Awsome foot and service. .BroonegDined on 10/4/2014Only problem is you must come hungry bra cause you will not leave that way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My friends and I go at least a couple times a year for a birthday or other special occasion. We always have a good time and the food and service is always great. I would not recommend as a date only because you always eat WAY too much food.. not very romantic :)Special Features:
- A pleasant changeHomeChefDined on 9/28/2014I've been to Bolero many times and was quite disappointed in the brunch when last I took my family, but I had a craving that needed to be met, so I invited friends and we headed out. I have wonderfully surprised by the improvement. Our server was attentive and helpful. The food quality was excellent. The price point was quite reasonable (worked out to about $24 per person after tax, which lines up with most brunches in Calgary). I can't say enough good things about the food selection. No boring scrambled eggs or dry pancakes here. Eggs benedict on the buffet was flawless! Beautifully poached and held at the correct temperature. The selection just off the buffet was outstanding and there was a huge variety.Special Features:
- Great birthday party placeExcellenteDined on 9/27/2014We had a great time celebrating my 40th birthday here. Everyone was full and happy when they left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweaty Night OutsweatynightDined on 9/25/2014Food as usual was amazing. I can never compliment the enough. That being said, this particular night out saw my fiancé and I sweating even before we finished the "salad bar". The heat in the restaurant by the end of our meal made our evening a good evening instead of the fantastic evening we usually have at BelaroI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Service was great. It is a bit pricey if you are not a huge meat eater so next time I will be just having the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VarietyUniqueDined on 9/21/2014It is nice to go somewhere different, and have a variety of food.
- Business BrunchKoolkatDined on 9/21/2014We had a meeting wth 7 people for a brunch meeting. It was fantastic. The coffee was delish! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealTosgunaDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful experience. Excellent service. Outstanding food. Will be going back there soonSpecial Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerMJLeungDined on 9/19/2014We were so pleased that Bolero offered us a free dessert as we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. Our waitress was very attentive and we had a memorable evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- YummyMom2tjsnDined on 9/19/2014First time to Boleros. Amazing food and service was outstanding. Dessert was awesome one serving big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place to eatLoveBoleroDined on 9/17/2014Bolero is my favorite restaurant and I recommend it to all my family and friends, never disappointed when I eat at Bolero!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat for breakfast?!BuffetBoyzDined on 9/14/2014We thought that rodizio was great for supper, but it's amazing for brunch!! This was one of the BEST brunches we have had in Calgary! We would highly recommend Bolero for brunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service3scompanyDined on 9/13/2014Awsome food as always, I did miss the fact you took off the creme burlee trio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat loversgetstuffedDined on 9/13/2014Great place and great idea for meat lovers. The never ending huge variety of food blew us away and it kept coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience to rememberTheChampion77Dined on 9/12/2014This is undoubtedly one of the best spots in Calgary. If you have not eaten here, then you have not yet had the real Calgarian experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Green means Go. Excellent starter selection then on to Meat. They come around with the many types of meats regularly with a roast pineapple treat as well. excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing, Loved Every Moment!rossDined on 9/12/2014Could not recommend this place any higher! The food was exceptional and amazing, servers were incredibly friendly and super helpful. The experience was great and trying all the different meats on their list was both challenging (there's alot!) and delightful. If you're looking for a memorable night out for that special occasion, Bolero is a top choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Loved the variety of the different meats...The flavors were amazing everything was cooked perfect for me..The salad bar was goodSpecial Features:
- Good place for dinnersheatsDined on 9/11/2014Our server was excellent. The buffet or fresco part had a lot of variety and you could easily make this your meal but I wanted to try all the meat which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish CoffeeMeatgrabber21Dined on 9/8/2014Great meat selection. Great Spanish Coffee Very Expensive Meat sweatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysPeteDined on 9/6/2014Our second visit there with friends we had not seen for 30 years. Outstanding food and drink. The waitress was am absolute blast and really bought into and engaged in our fun ethic. Thank you.Special Features:
- Quality Could Be BetterclrcDined on 9/6/2014Its been a while since we've ate at Bolero and upon returning found the meat quality to be not that great, very fatty cuts and flavor wasn't there, now we are Alberta beef operators and it could be our standard is a bit higher but Im thinking coming from this province they could source out the best and it wasn't the best in our opinion...the Brazillian Steakhouse we attended in Arizona was better unfortunately...although kudos to the salad bar!! YUM...the coconut rice, mashed potatoes are delicious!!
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The first time I went to restaurant we didn't get very good service, however that could have been because we were a larger group of about 10 people. I made a reservation for 2, my bf and myself, for his birthday dinner and service was much better this time. Explanation about the type of food that was being served a perfect. I'm not a fan of spicy food myself, they brought over some pork and informed that the pork was spicy. I really appreciated that they informed me. The servers we polite and never seemed pushy. Definitely will be back...but may need to increase the size of my stomach to fit all their amazing food in.Special Features:
- Special Ocassion - BirthdayBearCat70Dined on 9/1/2014The total dinning experience was great. The choices on the menu including other than meats on a skewer provided options worth choosing. But the style of serving the meat at the table was enjoyable. Food fantastic and great service. We will go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Good RecommendationJustNibblesDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by an employee of a store we were shopping at. His description intrigued my wife, so she made reservations. Excellent meal. Skewers were good and not overdone. Hot and cold salad bars were always kept full and checked often. I'm not an adventurous diner but I would add this restaurant to my list of repeats. Parking is a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing experience.MeatsweatsDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing. I would caution about the meat sweats due to so much great food that you may consume. Well worth the price you pay for the out standing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experiencepuzzDined on 8/29/2014This was a great night out! It was a slower night for the restaurant so food came extreamly fast. Some of the meat selections were a little dry hense the 4 star on that rating however it was a good experience all together and overall the food was great its thr server's that really make this such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDRH1Dined on 8/29/2014This is an excellent restaurant to take out of town guests because of the unique character. The food and service were both excellent and it is especially good for carnivores. The Side dishes could be kept a little warmer but they are tasty none the less. The salad is acceptable and the additional items are very good. It is a tad on the expensive side so be preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No FaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took a girl I haven't been dating for long here and it was ideal, the service was excellent, all the staff were friendly and outgoing, and the food was fantastic, I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.