6920 Macleod Tr. S
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolerocalgary.com/
- Phone: (403) 259-3119
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Lunch(December only): Wednesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00 - 2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bolero
Located close to the corner of Glenmore and Macleod we are Calgary's first Brazilian BBQ style restaurant. At Bolero the customer is in charge of the timing on our wide selection of churrasco(skewers) to be brought to your table by our Gaucho Chefs. Green means go and Red means stop. A perfect setting for any festive occasion as we offer a wide range of different, cocktails, wine, and beer. Dining with friends and family was meant to be fun, the Brazilian way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bolero - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Bolero reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)good for groups (169)fit for foodies (106)romantic (83)hot spot (52)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (20)great for lunch (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (4)Show More
- Outstanding resturant!! Love this placeThefunguyDined on 11/22/2014Seen this resturant for years and finially decided to go on my Birthday with some friends . The meats we're incredible I suggest you stay hungry and not eat so much at the salad buffet .. The meats are all prime cuts so tasty . And I have never had BBQ pineapple fresh off the fire was so tasty I had to ask for seconds . I recomend this place . The servers bringing the meat did not bring bring the same Food twice until they went right through thr cycle of their meat Selection and they took special orders . I will be coming back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestBeloy14Dined on 11/18/2014Food was really awesome! Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceDisappointedDined on 11/16/2014We heard so much about Bolero's so we decided to take our family of five for dinner. It took our server a long time to come to our table for drink orders. There was a fan right above our table that blew cold air on us all night( had to put my coat on). It was a long time for the food to get up to where we were sitting and a long time in between getting more food. We never did get to try some of the menu items even though we asked for them? The green salad was almost empty and two of the hot items were empty? When we to our sever about these problems the manager came and told us there was nothing they could do about the cold air ( hello it's winter) and would send the food we asked for right away but that never happened? Over all very disappointed :-(
- A little over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014The food that they bring around the table is good, the steaks were very, very rare this time and the food was cold. The selections of side dishes was very disappointing as we had very little choices and only one vegetable choice. If you can not eat mushrooms as I can't then it left no choice in the way of warm vegetables. The side bar with cold vegetables was almost empty and they did not do a good job on keeping it stocked. The extra 18% that they added to the bill was I feel very excessive as the service was slow and the food this visit cold. I do not think we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Value for MoneylongwhitecloudsDined on 11/16/2014Bolero's brunch has both traditional brunch items plus bbq meats and grilled pineapple. Skewers came around quite often and you can request specific items if not yet coming. I found the standard brunch items of average quality but it's worthwhile with bbq style meats and a reasonable price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing nightActionDined on 11/14/2014This was not our first visit to bolero, but it will be our last. We were seated to the left of the kitchen, what I call no mans land. We were there on hour and recieved maybe five servings, which were cold as we only received food on the way back to the kitchen. The host asked how our meal was and I told her that I would never sit here again and that our servings were cold. She basically said have a good night and didn't care. Very disappointing.
- something differentMeagDined on 11/14/2014Overall experience is good. If you love meat then this is a good place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers paradiseLLCYYCDined on 11/10/2014I have never been disappointed each time I have been here. The food is delicious. Keep up the awesome food. Love the cheese being served too! ;)Special Features:
- Gotta love bacon wrapped anythingDee2Dined on 11/10/2014This is a meat eaters paradise. Having said that, my non-meataholic friends were pleasantly surprised by the options available on the buffet. The server was very attentive and helped get us that last piece of filet to put us over the top. I always eat too much at this restaurant, but its worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bolero for EightbarryDined on 11/8/2014Lots of fun. BBQ was good. Buffet food was good. Good atmosphere. Skip the Gluten free buns. They are not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Food was great, as usual. Beef was a little too rare for me, but still tasted amazing. Staff was friendly and polite and went the extra mile to make sure we got our favorite dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeKan101Dined on 11/6/2014I've been taking my wife once a month for our dinner date, and I've had best food and service for the best price. I'll keep on going there for every possible occasion for great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service ever!YYCFoodieVIPDined on 11/5/2014Dined with out of town friends, one with an allergy to garlic and is also gluten free. Mark our server invited this guest to the buffet/salad bar and gave her a full run down of what the ingredients were in those dishes. She was also guided thru the hot food selection. The chef made special portions of the different meats without garlic. My friend was so touched by all the efforts of the server, chef and the food runners. Bravo Mark and Bolero for such exceptional service! It is greatly appreciated, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!SportyGYYCDined on 11/2/2014Most definitely not the first time I've been to Bolero. It's always a good choice for an occasional night out, and we ate until we got the meat sweats!Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014This is the third time I've been to Bolero and each time I go it gets better! You've obviously got to be a meat-lover and ready to eat a big meal. The variety was great, meat came around at a great pace and the service was excellent!Special Features:
- Just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great food in great environment , excellent service not much more to sau abouySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing!ElleVIPDined on 10/31/2014Bolero is one of our favourite restaurants in Calgary. The service is always excellent from start to finish and unmatched anywhere else in the city. We love going there as we know it'll always be friendly and enjoyable. The food is impeccable and make sure you go hungry in order to try the full selection. It's a meat-extravangza and absolutely everything is delicious.Special Features:
- GoodFeedDined on 10/30/2014Much improved since our last visit. Servers are very friendly.Special Features:
- TrebleDined on 10/26/2014Have been to this place several times and never once had a bad experience. The food is amazing. It is a fun creative way to dine and adds a spark to any outing. Highly suggest it!Special Features:
- Best birthday ever...Oan23Dined on 10/26/2014Everything is perfect!!! My family enjoyed the food and the friendly crew. 👍👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Servicesinglemom1983Dined on 10/25/2014I love coming here, was introduced just over a year ago and have now been at least 7 times. the restaurant is beautifully set up, servers are machines and are always going around with the spits of meat. the deserts are amazing. I cannot say enough good things about this place. would recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Great place! The Brazilian gaucho idea is a great one, especially for a meat loving city like Calgary. The salad bar is also well stocked and has good variety. Great service and awesome vibe. Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoooowSayoDined on 10/20/2014Food is amazing. The men that serve the meat around are very friendly. I dream of this place it's that good. The hostess was super friendly and the bartender was great. My number one spot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no rack!TweetyDined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, but the hot dishes on the buffet table were often empty. Beef was exceptionally good - rare and very tender. We love the pineapple although it didn't seem to be quite as sweet as previous visits - less brown sugar maybe? Disappointed there is no more rack of lamb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiesDined on 10/17/2014Love this place. Been here twice so far and would highly recommend it to everyone I know!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantatic Brunch and AffordableFuzzyWuzzyDined on 10/12/2014Again, this is a fantastic restaurant. We go for the brunch as it becomes more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014What a great place to have an awesome dining experience from the time we walked in the door until we left. Great staff, food and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at boleroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Personally I love bolero & think that the food is amazing. But this time my experience wasn't as good. Our server was very slow and rude and did not ask if we needed anything else and did not check up on us. She didn't ask if we wanted more drinks or even desert. Therefore my experience just was not as good as I was last time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Company party must!eatmupDined on 10/10/2014We have a construction company (mostly men) and this is our favorite spot to bring our large crowd! Yay meat for men, and great desserts for the ladiesSpecial Features:
- Anniversary Dinnerlooking4foodDined on 10/9/2014My husband and I went to Bolero for dinner for our anniversary and it was wonderful, as always. We've been there 4 or 5 times now and the food is always fantastic.Special Features:
- The way dining should beCheechDined on 10/7/2014If you are like me and you find it somewhat difficult to pick from the menu, feel like you have to try everything, and sometimes wish you had ordered a different dish, then this is where you want to eat all the time. I recommend taking the full menu. Or, you can take the teaser menu and just pick what you like from a list. But highly worth the full menu your first time so you can try everything. This is the way dining should be. Get a taste of every single dish on the menu, and if you like it, get more! They keep coming back and cutting more meat for as long as you want. It's not just quantity - the food is all cooked and seasoned to perfection. It is always delicious. Skip the buffet appetizers and eat the main courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME SERVICE!!FirsttimerDined on 10/5/2014This is our top choice for date nights! The service is impeccable, the best I've ever received in any dining establishments. The food is to die for. Definitely a great choice. I can not recommend Bolero enough!Special Features:
- Awsome foot and service. .BroonegDined on 10/4/2014Only problem is you must come hungry bra cause you will not leave that way!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My friends and I go at least a couple times a year for a birthday or other special occasion. We always have a good time and the food and service is always great. I would not recommend as a date only because you always eat WAY too much food.. not very romantic :)Special Features:
- A pleasant changeHomeChefDined on 9/28/2014I've been to Bolero many times and was quite disappointed in the brunch when last I took my family, but I had a craving that needed to be met, so I invited friends and we headed out. I have wonderfully surprised by the improvement. Our server was attentive and helpful. The food quality was excellent. The price point was quite reasonable (worked out to about $24 per person after tax, which lines up with most brunches in Calgary). I can't say enough good things about the food selection. No boring scrambled eggs or dry pancakes here. Eggs benedict on the buffet was flawless! Beautifully poached and held at the correct temperature. The selection just off the buffet was outstanding and there was a huge variety.Special Features:
- Great birthday party placeExcellenteDined on 9/27/2014We had a great time celebrating my 40th birthday here. Everyone was full and happy when they left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweaty Night OutsweatynightDined on 9/25/2014Food as usual was amazing. I can never compliment the enough. That being said, this particular night out saw my fiancé and I sweating even before we finished the "salad bar". The heat in the restaurant by the end of our meal made our evening a good evening instead of the fantastic evening we usually have at BelaroI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Service was great. It is a bit pricey if you are not a huge meat eater so next time I will be just having the buffet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VarietyUniqueDined on 9/21/2014It is nice to go somewhere different, and have a variety of food.
- Business BrunchKoolkatDined on 9/21/2014We had a meeting wth 7 people for a brunch meeting. It was fantastic. The coffee was delish! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.