6920 Macleod Tr. S
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolerocalgary.com/
- Phone: 4032593119x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Lunch(December only): Wednesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00 - 2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bolero
Located close to the corner of Glenmore and Macleod we are Calgary's first Brazilian BBQ style restaurant. At Bolero the customer is in charge of the timing on our wide selection of churrasco(skewers) to be brought to your table by our Gaucho Chefs. Green means go and Red means stop. A perfect setting for any festive occasion as we offer a wide range of different, cocktails, wine, and beer. Dining with friends and family was meant to be fun, the Brazilian way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bolero - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Bolero reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (200)good for groups (165)fit for foodies (102)romantic (90)hot spot (42)kid-friendly (29)neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (22)notable wine list (20)late-night find (19)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Wonderful experience. Excellent service. Outstanding food. Will be going back there soonSpecial Features:
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerMJLeungDined on 9/19/2014We were so pleased that Bolero offered us a free dessert as we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary. Our waitress was very attentive and we had a memorable evening. Thank you!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014First time to Boleros. Amazing food and service was outstanding. Dessert was awesome one serving big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Bolero is my favorite restaurant and I recommend it to all my family and friends, never disappointed when I eat at Bolero!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat for breakfast?!BuffetBoyzDined on 9/14/2014We thought that rodizio was great for supper, but it's amazing for brunch!! This was one of the BEST brunches we have had in Calgary! We would highly recommend Bolero for brunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service3scompanyDined on 9/13/2014Awsome food as always, I did miss the fact you took off the creme burlee trio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience to rememberTheChampion77Dined on 9/12/2014This is undoubtedly one of the best spots in Calgary. If you have not eaten here, then you have not yet had the real Calgarian experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Green means Go. Excellent starter selection then on to Meat. They come around with the many types of meats regularly with a roast pineapple treat as well. excellent.Special Features:
- Amazing, Loved Every Moment!rossDined on 9/12/2014Could not recommend this place any higher! The food was exceptional and amazing, servers were incredibly friendly and super helpful. The experience was great and trying all the different meats on their list was both challenging (there's alot!) and delightful. If you're looking for a memorable night out for that special occasion, Bolero is a top choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Loved the variety of the different meats...The flavors were amazing everything was cooked perfect for me..The salad bar was goodSpecial Features:
- Good place for dinnersheatsDined on 9/11/2014Our server was excellent. The buffet or fresco part had a lot of variety and you could easily make this your meal but I wanted to try all the meat which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spanish CoffeeMeatgrabber21Dined on 9/8/2014Great meat selection. Great Spanish Coffee Very Expensive Meat sweatsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as alwaysPeteDined on 9/6/2014Our second visit there with friends we had not seen for 30 years. Outstanding food and drink. The waitress was am absolute blast and really bought into and engaged in our fun ethic. Thank you.Special Features:
- Quality Could Be BetterclrcDined on 9/6/2014Its been a while since we've ate at Bolero and upon returning found the meat quality to be not that great, very fatty cuts and flavor wasn't there, now we are Alberta beef operators and it could be our standard is a bit higher but Im thinking coming from this province they could source out the best and it wasn't the best in our opinion...the Brazillian Steakhouse we attended in Arizona was better unfortunately...although kudos to the salad bar!! YUM...the coconut rice, mashed potatoes are delicious!!
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The first time I went to restaurant we didn't get very good service, however that could have been because we were a larger group of about 10 people. I made a reservation for 2, my bf and myself, for his birthday dinner and service was much better this time. Explanation about the type of food that was being served a perfect. I'm not a fan of spicy food myself, they brought over some pork and informed that the pork was spicy. I really appreciated that they informed me. The servers we polite and never seemed pushy. Definitely will be back...but may need to increase the size of my stomach to fit all their amazing food in.Special Features:
- Special Ocassion - BirthdayBearCat70Dined on 9/1/2014The total dinning experience was great. The choices on the menu including other than meats on a skewer provided options worth choosing. But the style of serving the meat at the table was enjoyable. Food fantastic and great service. We will go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Good RecommendationJustNibblesDined on 8/31/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by an employee of a store we were shopping at. His description intrigued my wife, so she made reservations. Excellent meal. Skewers were good and not overdone. Hot and cold salad bars were always kept full and checked often. I'm not an adventurous diner but I would add this restaurant to my list of repeats. Parking is a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an amazing experience.MeatsweatsDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing. I would caution about the meat sweats due to so much great food that you may consume. Well worth the price you pay for the out standing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experiencepuzzDined on 8/29/2014This was a great night out! It was a slower night for the restaurant so food came extreamly fast. Some of the meat selections were a little dry hense the 4 star on that rating however it was a good experience all together and overall the food was great its thr server's that really make this such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDRH1Dined on 8/29/2014This is an excellent restaurant to take out of town guests because of the unique character. The food and service were both excellent and it is especially good for carnivores. The Side dishes could be kept a little warmer but they are tasty none the less. The salad is acceptable and the additional items are very good. It is a tad on the expensive side so be preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No FaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took a girl I haven't been dating for long here and it was ideal, the service was excellent, all the staff were friendly and outgoing, and the food was fantastic, I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We have been patrons of the smugglers restaurants for as long as it has been open and are great fans. Therefore I was very sad to get undercooked pork and fatty undercooked lamb served to us . Our waiter was excellent and we were greeted and seated rapidly so I have no issues with them. However we were located near the oven and did not get served as frequently as normally . I know they were short staffed but feel the cook should have made sure there was enough meat prepared for the number of diners there and that it was was properly done . I had guests from overseas and found it disappointing as we had touted this restaurant as one of the best in Calgary
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Service was prompt, professional, friendly. This was the first time I've had rodizio and it was great. I love salty food but it was a little much after a while. A number of the items which are salty and taste great: prime rib, bacon wrapped filet, sirloin, pork, etc. became overpowering with the salt by the end of the meal. The Brazilian sirloin at the top of the menu was't salty. The side dishes bar was good; diverse, different items from the typical array.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Allways an enjoyable meal. We Never go away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Meats were bland. They were coated in seasoning but once you get to the inner sides they are bland. Hot and cold choices were really good and so was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first timeluvlotsDined on 8/23/2014Bolero is officially my husband's new favorite. You have replaced a long standing well established restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrate a happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014we brought my sister and mother to enjoy a fabulous meal. It was my sister's birthday and she really enjoyed the meal. service was fabulous and the food was equally as tastey. I believe we tried all the meats and the flavor was so good you kept having more. We all skipped lunch in order to enjoy the meal we were going to have. I have no complaints at all. 'We will recommend your restaurant to others and for sure will come back again. thank you for the wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodericDined on 8/23/2014Once again it was a fantastic meal to celebrate with my family. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- A different dining experienceAwesomefoodDined on 8/22/2014My son and I have been attending Bolero for the past 3 years on special occasions. The staff were excellent, the food a truly unique dining experience. Would and have recommended this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- A nice treatFrustratedinCalgaryDined on 8/22/2014This city is full of pretentious restaurants that command top dollar for (IMO) average food and passable service. Bolero delivered with great flavors, variety and service in a completely different dining experience that doesn't break the bank. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent timeLawrenceDined on 8/20/2014Great service and excellent food. Waitress and servers was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- New Bolero experienceGlutenFreeDined on 8/18/2014This was my first time at Bolero and I'm not a huge meat eater, and I also have a severe allergy to gluten, so I was a bit hesitant to go. But I don't regret it. Every single thing I tried I loved and also almost everything they have is gluten free (and marked if it's not). The server was also one of the best servers I've ever had; very knowledgable, professional, and super nice. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left feeling satisfiedCashewDined on 8/17/2014So good that we already have plans to go back! The pork items were a bit dry, but the pineapple, lamb and beef items tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not On Our Return ListLive2eatDined on 8/17/2014Waiter screwed up not one but two drink orders. Hot buffet items were lukewarm, chicken wings were anorexic with no meat, at least two of the beef servings were very fatty. Bacon wrapped chicken was over cooked. Lamb was on the menu but we had to ask for it and when it came it smelled gamey.
- Terrible experiencefoodieluvDined on 8/17/2014Big waste of time and money. We went there for our daughter's birthday party and for the 1,5 hours that we were there only 5-6 at most skewers we were served and we were expecting like 16 skewers?? we felt like we had to call waiters all the time to serve our table. And to top it we left the restaurant very disappointed and did not even slice our cake there. And to top it we paid 18% gratitude as we were over 10 people. Will not go back there.
- Always goodpineappleprincessDined on 8/16/2014We don't often go to Bolero, the price makes it a special occasion restaurant. But every time we do the staff is friendly and ensure we're taken care of and the food is always amazing. The pineapple is phenomenal and a personal favourite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good4evereternityDined on 8/16/2014We usually go once every year for a celebration of some kind either anniversary or birthday. This year it was our wedding anniversary. The food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCbc1983Dined on 8/14/2014We went to celebrate out aniversary and everything was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++++OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014This place never ceases to amaze me, we brought some friends in who were flying back home to Germany and they loved the experience it was not something they had experienced at home before.......this buds for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWKmilleDined on 8/13/2014-The meat was very good, not too salty, not too cooked. the buffet is also nice. -Service slow. We waited and waiteeed and waiiiteeeed, and were not hungry anymore in the end (for a restaurant 'all you can eat"...) Only 6 other tables were though. -They don't bring you the bottle when serving wine. I am pretty sure what they served me was NOT what I ordered. I asked to see the bottle but they never brought it.Special Features: