6920 Macleod Tr. S
Calgary, AB T2H 0L3Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolerocalgary.com/
- Phone: 4032593119x
- Hours of Operation:
Buffet Lunch(December only): Wednesday - Friday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Friday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Saturday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch 10:00 - 2:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Gary Hennessey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bolero
Located close to the corner of Glenmore and Macleod we are Calgary's first Brazilian BBQ style restaurant. At Bolero the customer is in charge of the timing on our wide selection of churrasco(skewers) to be brought to your table by our Gaucho Chefs. Green means go and Red means stop. A perfect setting for any festive occasion as we offer a wide range of different, cocktails, wine, and beer. Dining with friends and family was meant to be fun, the Brazilian way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Bolero - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Bolero reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (201)good for groups (175)fit for foodies (102)romantic (88)hot spot (38)kid-friendly (34)neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (25)late-night find (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (5)Show More
- What an amazing experience.MeatsweatsDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing. I would caution about the meat sweats due to so much great food that you may consume. Well worth the price you pay for the out standing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable experiencepuzzDined on 8/29/2014This was a great night out! It was a slower night for the restaurant so food came extreamly fast. Some of the meat selections were a little dry hense the 4 star on that rating however it was a good experience all together and overall the food was great its thr server's that really make this such a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDRH1Dined on 8/29/2014This is an excellent restaurant to take out of town guests because of the unique character. The food and service were both excellent and it is especially good for carnivores. The Side dishes could be kept a little warmer but they are tasty none the less. The salad is acceptable and the additional items are very good. It is a tad on the expensive side so be preparedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No FaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I took a girl I haven't been dating for long here and it was ideal, the service was excellent, all the staff were friendly and outgoing, and the food was fantastic, I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We have been patrons of the smugglers restaurants for as long as it has been open and are great fans. Therefore I was very sad to get undercooked pork and fatty undercooked lamb served to us . Our waiter was excellent and we were greeted and seated rapidly so I have no issues with them. However we were located near the oven and did not get served as frequently as normally . I know they were short staffed but feel the cook should have made sure there was enough meat prepared for the number of diners there and that it was was properly done . I had guests from overseas and found it disappointing as we had touted this restaurant as one of the best in Calgary
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Service was prompt, professional, friendly. This was the first time I've had rodizio and it was great. I love salty food but it was a little much after a while. A number of the items which are salty and taste great: prime rib, bacon wrapped filet, sirloin, pork, etc. became overpowering with the salt by the end of the meal. The Brazilian sirloin at the top of the menu was't salty. The side dishes bar was good; diverse, different items from the typical array.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Allways an enjoyable meal. We Never go away hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Meats were bland. They were coated in seasoning but once you get to the inner sides they are bland. Hot and cold choices were really good and so was service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our first timeluvlotsDined on 8/23/2014Bolero is officially my husband's new favorite. You have replaced a long standing well established restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to celebrate a happyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014we brought my sister and mother to enjoy a fabulous meal. It was my sister's birthday and she really enjoyed the meal. service was fabulous and the food was equally as tastey. I believe we tried all the meats and the flavor was so good you kept having more. We all skipped lunch in order to enjoy the meal we were going to have. I have no complaints at all. 'We will recommend your restaurant to others and for sure will come back again. thank you for the wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodericDined on 8/23/2014Once again it was a fantastic meal to celebrate with my family. Thank YouSpecial Features:
- A different dining experienceAwesomefoodDined on 8/22/2014My son and I have been attending Bolero for the past 3 years on special occasions. The staff were excellent, the food a truly unique dining experience. Would and have recommended this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- A nice treatFrustratedinCalgaryDined on 8/22/2014This city is full of pretentious restaurants that command top dollar for (IMO) average food and passable service. Bolero delivered with great flavors, variety and service in a completely different dining experience that doesn't break the bank. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent timeLawrenceDined on 8/20/2014Great service and excellent food. Waitress and servers was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- New Bolero experienceGlutenFreeDined on 8/18/2014This was my first time at Bolero and I'm not a huge meat eater, and I also have a severe allergy to gluten, so I was a bit hesitant to go. But I don't regret it. Every single thing I tried I loved and also almost everything they have is gluten free (and marked if it's not). The server was also one of the best servers I've ever had; very knowledgable, professional, and super nice. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left feeling satisfiedCashewDined on 8/17/2014So good that we already have plans to go back! The pork items were a bit dry, but the pineapple, lamb and beef items tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not On Our Return ListLive2eatDined on 8/17/2014Waiter screwed up not one but two drink orders. Hot buffet items were lukewarm, chicken wings were anorexic with no meat, at least two of the beef servings were very fatty. Bacon wrapped chicken was over cooked. Lamb was on the menu but we had to ask for it and when it came it smelled gamey.
- Terrible experiencefoodieluvDined on 8/17/2014Big waste of time and money. We went there for our daughter's birthday party and for the 1,5 hours that we were there only 5-6 at most skewers we were served and we were expecting like 16 skewers?? we felt like we had to call waiters all the time to serve our table. And to top it we left the restaurant very disappointed and did not even slice our cake there. And to top it we paid 18% gratitude as we were over 10 people. Will not go back there.
- Always goodpineappleprincessDined on 8/16/2014We don't often go to Bolero, the price makes it a special occasion restaurant. But every time we do the staff is friendly and ensure we're taken care of and the food is always amazing. The pineapple is phenomenal and a personal favourite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good4evereternityDined on 8/16/2014We usually go once every year for a celebration of some kind either anniversary or birthday. This year it was our wedding anniversary. The food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCbc1983Dined on 8/14/2014We went to celebrate out aniversary and everything was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A++++OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014This place never ceases to amaze me, we brought some friends in who were flying back home to Germany and they loved the experience it was not something they had experienced at home before.......this buds for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWKmilleDined on 8/13/2014-The meat was very good, not too salty, not too cooked. the buffet is also nice. -Service slow. We waited and waiteeed and waiiiteeeed, and were not hungry anymore in the end (for a restaurant 'all you can eat"...) Only 6 other tables were though. -They don't bring you the bottle when serving wine. I am pretty sure what they served me was NOT what I ordered. I asked to see the bottle but they never brought it.Special Features:
- Friendly, Calm and ReasonableDragnarokDined on 8/12/2014Well, being a Vegan, of course I would say that some more Vegan options would be nice, but I won't deny it's a very limiting, not restaurant friendly diet and I won't start blaming other people because I'm a princess. The staff were very personal and polite about it and very eager to help me find a suitable alternative, so in that regard it was still an excellent experience. The food itself was nothing to write home about, but it was appealing for it's purposes. If I was to recommend one thing, it would be a more transparent menu on the website. I felt a bit unprepared for the serving style of the restaurant and I wasn't sure I would be able to find vegan food right up until the server told me. I would have liked less chance with that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014At the beginning, everything was great but almost an hour through our sitting, all of a sudden they stopped bringing food over to our tables for a good 1/2 hour or 40 minutes. I had to call the waiter to tell him we needed more food. We disliked that a lot. We always had the little wooden stick on the green. The restaurant is no cheap, and if on top of that, you are providing such poor service....I do not think I will be going back...very disappointing...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh...reboot04Dined on 8/9/2014Was really looking forward to dining here, having had Brazilian BBQ on many occasions in different cities and countries. Table was dirty (was comp'ed desert for that), buffet was ok (but the warm dishes had been sitting for far too long), and the service was slow. The food was OK but more often than not tended to be overdone. Available portions were less than generous and as a result there was little variability in the cooking - everything seemed to be medium. Desert wasn't much better (i.e. lava cake should have lava in it). Maybe we hit an off day - it was a Saturday night - but not impressed or optimistic enough to recommend or return.
- Great dinnerYumsteakDined on 8/9/2014Great dinner for table of 10, everyone enjoyed their dinner and left very full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingHardworkingmom42Dined on 8/9/2014Having been to a similar place in the states last year that was amazing , had high expectations . The food was not as good as had hoped , and they definitely did not bring around as much skewers as had been advertised , had to ask for more which was definitely not the case in our other experience elsewhere . Will definitely not be going back unfortunately .
- Great Place for a PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We had a group of 11 including 3 kids. Our server was very attendant to our needs and we were never without something to eat. A good time was had by all. Thank you for a nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Just a fantastic evening. Our waiter was outstanding, checking in at the right times and filling drinks when needed while also giving us the quiet time we were looking for. The food was amazing, we were never waiting for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- feast!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014food is always great, fun times! I bring out-of-towners to bolero for an interesting feastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat n pineappleChristaDined on 8/8/2014The first place I've ever had REAL hearts of palm that didn't taste like they were from a tin can. The meat was WONDERFUL and so was the polenta, the gluten-free rolls, the rice... everything, really. Excellent veggies too. We all ate way too much. Would love to go again.Special Features:
- Fun experienceJandSDined on 8/5/2014This is such a great dining experience. We have been here three times now and highly recommend it. The staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and the atmosphere is amazing. You can make reservations online - very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodMitchellDined on 8/3/2014Hello, I booked a table for brunch online, but once I got to Bolero's that morning the computer had me booked for 8pm. So the wonderful staff changed my booking and gave us a great table. I will be calling for a booking not online. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cook40Dined on 8/2/2014thought the restaurant was great it was our first time there we went for our anniversary i would reccomend it to people it is a different concept in the food industry and i like it i would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceIrishdinerDined on 8/2/2014Loved everything about this place. Staff were so great and friendly. Food was amazing. And the tres leche cake was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carnivore's Paradiseborn2runDined on 8/1/2014We were visiting from Ontario....the kids had purchased a gift card for the value of two meals, our party was six. Three of the guests were Calgarians and had not visited this restaurant before. The food was great, the service was fine and our guests said they would recommend it for others who were visiting. When visiting with friends, we appreciated the fact that we could hear each other. A round table may have been beneficial for more "even" visiting as opposed to the three to a side rectangular table.Special Features:
- Went for my BirthdayJreutoDined on 7/31/2014Friends and I went to Bolero for my birthday. Bring your fat pants because you end up eating so much! You don't realize it until it's too late since it comes in small portions. The food is amazing and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Family GatheringsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014he food in this restaurant was perfect. The waiters and waitresses were super friendly. The atmosphere was awesome. We had a family gathering there and we had an amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!FoodYumDined on 7/27/2014The food and service was amazing, I will for sure be returning!Special Features: