Bolero Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill
200 S. Oklahoma Ave Ste 140
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Bolero Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolerotapasbar.com/
- Phone: 4056020652
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily - 12:00pm - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Daily - 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
Bar hours: Daily - 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Curtis Bramlett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer all aspects of catering going past our in house Spanish menu American and European fair as well as steak and seafood entrees.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private room in Bolero capable of seating 35 comfortably and our full dining side adding 200 to capacity.
- Private Party Contact: Linda Bramlett 4056020652x
- Entertainment: Outdoor Dining with local concerts and events in Lower Bricktown located on the Canal.
- Cross Street: Reno
- Public Transit: Bus stop at the corner of Reno and Oklahoma Avenue, Water Taxi provided on The Bricktown Canal, Downtown Discovery stop at Mickey Mantle and Sheridan Avenue.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking located conveniently to the restaurant. During events at Bricktown if parking fees are charged your parking fee is reimbursed when you show the attendant your Bolero receipt
A word from Bolero Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill
Welcome to Bolero, Oklahoma City's leading Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill. We offer a variety of small plates with an emphasis on true European style food from Spain. We also have amazing Latin American offerings like our signature Cuban Sandwich served with papas frites. We look forward to having your as our guest!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bolero Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)fit for foodies (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Tapas in OKC - Go FigureHollangDined on 9/7/2014Was surprised to find a restaurant like this in Oklahoma of all places, but it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It's in the trendy, upscale Bricktown area, right on the river walk they've installed as an "attraction" much like San Antonio has. Food was good and one dish, the Tuna Crudo Tartarwas simply outstanding. We almost bought a second round of it. Also, the Sangria was very good; competitive with what I make at home.Special Features:
- AmazingOkcfoodloverDined on 9/5/2014Everything was so amazing. I had my birthday dinner here and we all had so much fun. I wish they would have made it feel a little bit more like a celebration and brought out a dessert of sorts but everything else was lovely. Our waitress Katie did such a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas in OKCRord58VIPDined on 8/27/2014Nice Tapas bar overlooking the Riverwalk. Food and service were good. Fairly quiet this night, as there was not a lot going on in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle of the road foodhihziaDined on 8/1/2014I was disappointed in Bolero's, as the food was not up to par. The Shrimp Ceviche was good, but cam with stale chips, the fried calamari was standard fare and the Serrano ham was a bit green and past it's prime. On the other hand the bacon wrapped dates were fantastic, and the tamales were excellent. The Billionaire Margarita was quire good as well. Overall it equalled a mediocre experience for an above average tab.
- UnauthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/31/2014Serrano ham was more like Virginia ham. Need I say more. There wasn't one classically prepared Spanish item we tasted. Food was not good, I wanted to like it but the taste profiles were awful; not new interpretations of Spanish food just bad ones.
- Worst first dateStillSingleDined on 7/26/2014Made a reservation for 11pm.We get there at 11, kitchens closed. We were offered bar seating but no food bc kitchen was closed. Why were we allowed to make a reservation ? There was also an option for 11:15 and 11:30. The host gave us a coupon but we were SOL as far as eating that night. Everything else was closed too, we ended up eating nachos at the movies. We were so excited to find a place to eat paella and really had our hearts set on it.
- DisappointedBarbVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our favorite place to eat prior to attending an event @ Chesepeake. I ordered a mojito that was so bad I had to send it back. We were sitting in a booth until the air conditioner began dripping on us. The chips were stale & shrimp a little chewy. Overall not what we were use to @ Bolero's. It's very dark & it never feels like it's very clean. Very sad about this as it was one of our favorite tapas. Our waitress was very nice and apologetic but we won't be retuning anytime soon.
- Different Bricktown venueJoMKessDined on 7/19/2014We've been to Bolero a few times. It's a nice change of pace from the other Bricktown restaurants which tend to be somewhat generic in their offerings. Reasonable wine list. We were able to take advantage of an unusually cool (85 degree) July evening with their outdoor seating. The indoor seating was empty. Knowledgeable hostess and wait staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Bolero Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill reviews archive.
- A well-traveled foodie's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2012This was easily the most disappointing excuse for tapas I've ever had. The highlights were the fried goat cheese with honey and the rock shrimp in manchego sauce. The braised mushrooms were also well done. Most disappointing was the simple meat and cheese tray. It included brie, gouda, and manchego, and clearly two of the three were not imported and could have easily been straight off a grocery store shelf. Other than subpar serrano ham, there were NO Spanish meats offered, inexcusable for a place that considers itself a Spanish grill. The mussels and clams could've been passable if they weren't also filled with bland chunks of chicken breast. Only diners who've never had real tapas should go here; otherwise, prepare to be disappointed.
- This was our second visitbirthdaygirlDined on 7/12/2012This was our second visit to Bolero. Since our first trip was so great, we couldn't wait to bring our out-of-town guests to show off. They had never been to a tapas bar before and Bolero did not fail to impress. The food was very good, our server was pleasant, attentive and responsive to special requests - all in all, just exactly what you want out of a special dinner. Thank you for making us look like great hosts!Special Features:
- Decent tapas, some are betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012Decent tapas, some are better than others. I would recommend the Crimini mushroom dish as well as the onion soup. I cannot recommend the fritas patatas, however. The place seemed slow for a Friday night, our server was very nice and the interior was quite nice as well.Special Features:
- Even bad for bar food. Keep lookinEricGVIPDined on 6/21/2012Bad, very bad. Food tasted like it had been prepared hours or even days beforehand and then reheated. Total waste of time and money.Special Features:
- Our reservation was readyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2012Our reservation was ready on time, and we got patio seating as requested, which made it nicer. The food was great,but the drinks were hit and miss. We order their Spanish version of a mojito, and each person's drink tasted different (some much stronger than others'). The waitress was nice and knew the menu and what to recommend, but looked a little too edgy/punk for the ambiance of the restaurant. I know that sounds a bit judgmental, but I'm under 30 and pretty trendy :) We were a party of six and a 20% gratuity was already included in the total. We had mixed feelings about that because we weren't sure if the menu stated grat was included in parties of 6 or more, or 8+. Anyway, I like I mentioned, the food was great, the lamb was divineSpecial Features:
- Good, but we left a little hungryBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 6/2/2012The portions were a little small; not true tapas, more like single appetizer servings. Service was friendly and efficient. Definitely a fun way to try lots of different flavors, but I recommend eating a sandwich before going. Great location in Bricktown, by the riverwalk and Harkin's theater, across from the ballpark and a 15 minute walk to the arena and convention center. We will go again, I'm sure. Would be a great place for a big group.Special Features:
- We've been to Bolero a numberJoMKessDined on 5/19/2012We've been to Bolero a number of times, and try to select something different each time. And as we have seen in the past, we're never disappointed, although this visit, their signature fried goat cheese balls were unfortunately rather bland. However, everything else was excellent. Their wine list has a rather wide selection, but some wines are a bit young and in need of more cellaring.Special Features:
- We had never been to BoleroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012We had never been to Bolero before and it exceeded any expectations. It was a pleasant experience as we had a guest visiting from out of state. The wine selection was great, as well as the food. Our waitress was awesome! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Not impressed, go elsewhereCshurtzDined on 4/28/2012I had high hopes for this place and it did not meet my expectations. The service we had was very poor. The food was ok but for the price not impressive. Way overpriced, with so many great food places around the city that are better. I will go back and give it another chance but I was not impressed with my first time.
- good but could use a little helpOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012I took my girlfriend there to change the pace of casual dining. As we arrived I gave the front my name and said we have a reservation. She replied they were slow so she sat us away from the other group that was there. I mentioned that it was my girlfriends birthday but it seemed like it was no big deal. I asked opentable for a special request and I understand that sometimes they cant do it but if the restaurant was slow one would think it could have been covered. On the other side where we sat there was a large table with food all over the floor, and noone picked anything up nor was the table set up for the next group for about the hr we were there. the food was pleasant and the service was good but I personally expected a bit more.Special Features:
- This was our first time atbirthdaygirlDined on 3/31/2012This was our first time at a tapas bar, but it won't be our last! We had visitors from out of town, who are big-time foodies. We brought them to Bolero and they were impressed by the quality of the food, the efficiency and friendliness of the service and the great atmostphere. Bolero's really reflected well on the culture and cuisine available in Oklahoma!Special Features:
- Our group was wanting somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/2/2012Our group was wanting something fun and relaxing, and Bolero delivered with tasty tapas. Not the best tapas for the price, but tasty and nice atmosphere nonetheless.Special Features:
- Try the fried goat cheese.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Try the fried goat cheese. The sangria is good too red or white.Special Features:
- From Russia with love of VeggiesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/23/2012My friend from Russia recently became a vegetarian so we went to Bolero for the first time. We were full when we left (plenty of vegetarian choices). Fun experience. We will go again before she goes back to Russia.Special Features:
- Nice that it is in BricktownOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2012Nice that it is in Bricktown and on the river. Food was pretty good but not great for the price. Didnt have a very good wine selection - no Pinot.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012This was our first time patronizing Bolero Tapas Bar and Spanish Grill, and we would definitely return. The service was initially slow; but once begun, it was topnotch. Tried several dishes (meatballs, empanadas, pork tenderloins, figs wrapped in bacon, soup, salad, dessert) and they were all delicious. We like the fact that the bar is in a separate building. It allows you to have either a quiet, romantic dinner or fun with a noisier crowd. The prices are not extreme; however, unless you plan to eat light or have a large entertainment budget, you may not want to use this as your regular hangout.Special Features:
- Fun Adventure, not for every weekSeriousFoodieDined on 2/14/2012The food was very good, and the ambiance was fitting for Valentine's day. It's a bit difficult to get too, and not knowing the downtown area very well didn't help. The wine list is weak, and bar capabilities aren't much better. However the TAPAS are incredible.Special Features:
- Valentine's day. I make arrangemenOkcattorneyDined on 2/14/2012Valentine's day. I make arrangements over a month in advance. They seat us in front of a gusty front door when there are empty tables all over the place. When asked about it, the response was, they are all taken. Later, they moved us. Our waitress was wonderful. Champagne was warm. Lights went up for awhile and then down for awhile. Music low, then loud. Due to my request, not the chef's mistake, my steak was too rare. The first time it was presented to me in a beautiful presentation. When they brought my steak back after additional grilling it was dumped on the plate without the sauce. Desert was delicious. So it was an evening of ups and downs. The restaurant was not that busy. It could have been a really great evening.
- I've seen negative commentsOKCfoodiesVIPDined on 2/14/2012I've seen negative comments about the protion sizes, but found no issues. Portion sizes are large for Tapas and the food was very good.
- Simply The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012Wonderful Food! Great Atmosphere! I can not speak highly enough about The Bolero Experience!Special Features:
- The service was some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012The service was some of the best I've had. Food not so much. If I were to go again the only thing I'd get would be the dessert. The ceviche was too limey (and I love limes so this was weird). Tomatillos were very salty. Lamb was over cooked. All food is different for everyone so this may be a favorite for many but it didn't make my list, especially for the price.Special Features:
- Pretty creative food, portionsmsharfmanDined on 2/4/2012Pretty creative food, portions a bit small but well prepared.Special Features:
- The wine list was above average.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2012The wine list was above average. Nice choices. The food was terrible. The mushrooms in "red wine reduction sauce" tasted and looked like small canned mushrooms in red liquid, not reduction. The calamari fritos were tough, not tender, and "tamales" were OK. The wine was cheaper than the resturant next doot.Special Features:
- Great food, but if you'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Great food, but if you've spent much time in Spain, you will know it isn't authentic. This may be a good thing depending on your opinion of Spanish food.Special Features:
- We ordered several tapas andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/14/2012We ordered several tapas and 2 kinds of soup. Everything was tasty but nothing was hot. Our server even replaced our 2 bowls of soup with new soup and it still wasn't hot. As an apology, we received free dessert. The server was excellent.
- Stuffed dates!soonerjon3Dined on 1/13/2012Second time we've been to Bolero. Enjoyed the tapas and great service. Big fan of the stuffed dates - can't miss. The modern look to the restaurant is intimidating for some, but it really is a great restaurant. Great for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- The food was delicious! PerfectwhiskeyDined on 1/7/2012The food was delicious! Perfect sized for Tapas. The Paella For Two was huge and we got to share with our table of 5. Couldn't even finish it after devouring the delicious fried goat cheese, scallops, asparagus, and grilled lamb. For four tapas, the paella, and two alcoholic beverages each, the bill split five ways came to $35 (including tip). Our only complaint was the lack of attention by the waitress. She only had one other small table. We had to ask for water refills and I never saw her smile! On our way out, she was sitting at the bar playing on her phone.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful (asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/30/2011The food was wonderful (as always), but the staff really should be trained to suggest ordering Tapas in rounds, as would be done in a more traditional restaurant. We ordered a few plates each, with the assumption that the would be brought out slowly or staggered...no such luck. All were brought at once, making the table crowded & difficult to easily share with others. I've since been to other Tapas bars, and the staff has recommended not just how many tapas to order but to order at stages, so the food comes out as the table is ready for more.Special Features:
- I love the idea of havingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011I love the idea of having such an exotic dining style in the middle of OKC. My husband and I went crazy for the fries, lamb, and the crimini mushrooms. I would recommend ordering less than you think you need, you can order more if you want. We left stuffed and satisfied. The pomegranate margarita is the best I've had.Special Features:
- A good night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2011The food here was great, but the night we went (with reservations!) we not only had to wait for silverware (they were 'out'), we didn't get our sangria until almost the very end of the meal because they were also 'out' of glasses. They were very busy, which speaks well for them, but I've never been to a restaurant where they had run out of those two very basic items! Our waitress was good, and as I said...the food (and sangria!) was delicious. Definitely try the bacon-wrapped figs, amazing! Definitely recommended, but beware of a long wait if you go in and they say, "Oops, there will be a wait because we're out of silverware"!Special Features:
- excellent food and love yourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2011excellent food and love your coffee! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Amazing food! The sangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/2/2011Amazing food! The sangria was also fabulous. Would definitely go again in the future with an even larger group of friends!Special Features: