Boland's Open Kitchen
575 Mount Pleasant Rd.
Toronto, ON M4S 2M5Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Boland's Open Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bolandsopenkitchen.com/
- Phone: 4164822424
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms
A word from Boland's Open Kitchen
Christopher Boland brings an impressive pedigree spanning more over three decades, including ownership in Telfers , Trappers and The Tasting Rooms. On any given night, Christopher can be spotted welcoming guests or helping in the centrally-located kitchen, which serves as the heart of the restaurant. Thanks to the flavorful food and warm atmosphere, a meal at Boland’s is “like being invited to Christopher Boland's home for dinner,” as one reviewer commented. Manager Ricardo welcomes you with his signature smile and old world attention to service detail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boland's Open Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- The foodd was very good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2013The foodd was very good, the menu had a wide range of interesting choices and perhaps most of all our waiter Ricardo made the evening fun.Special Features:
- cozy friendly atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/25/2013very good food and pleasing presentation, excellent personal and friendly service, did resent having to ask for and being charged for bread - (a mini loaf of six slices...)Special Features:
- Was very accommodating forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Was very accommodating for disabled people has a washroom on the main floor and a back entrance to drop on invalids.they really tried hard to please and look after our needsSpecial Features:
- Great neighbourhood bistro!GOURMETGALDined on 6/4/2013Guests are made to feel welcome with complimentary apps upon arrival. The trout was scrumptious as were the dishes had by all in our party. The chocolate dessert was overly dense and heavy: they should search for a new recipe here. All in all a great night our and we love the half price wine on Tuesdays. Boland's continues to be favourite local night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have followed Chris Boland,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2013I have followed Chris Boland, owner, thru a few restaurants. He is great and is personally involved in making sure all of his guests are well served. Head waiter, Ricardo, is friendly, well informed and makes the whole experience very enjoyable. I strongly recommend this restaurant ! CliffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMidtownerVIPDined on 5/23/2013Lived up to expectation with outstanding food, great service, and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our food was fantastic! VerydgfoodieDined on 5/17/2013Our food was fantastic! Very attentive service - even with our food allergies, all was looked after. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2013The service was good, but a bit slow. They're quite busy for a Wednesday evening, and there were only 2 servers. Took a bit of time just to get some water during our meal. Otherwise, pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Great place! We sat in frontOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013Great place! We sat in front of the kitchen and were able to interact with the Chef. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fine, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The food was fine, but the service was one of the worst I have ever had ( and I eat out a lot). The poor service definitely ruined the evening.
- Bolands Open Kitchen has becomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/16/2013Bolands Open Kitchen has become our go to spot. Friendly, casual atmosphere underscores the quality of the food. Not the broadest of menu's but what they do is done right. A nice selection of wines by the glass as well.Special Features:
- BOK is AOKJohnf1961VIPDined on 4/12/2013Fourth time at Boland's kitchen over the last 18 months, and just as enjoyable as the first three times. Excellent food using fresh ingredients and well executed preparation and presentation. Attentive, but not intrusive service. Definitely a place we'll return to again, and highly recommended if you're looking for a small, casual, but smartly upscale, local dining experience.Special Features:
- Had been to Boland's OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2013Had been to Boland's Open Kitchen not long after it first opened and was disappointed. However, it was a pleasant surprise to see that the restaurant has found its groove. We had a lovely time with some friends who equally enjoyed it and the cozy ambiance in the back dining room is great. The service was terrific. We'll be back!
- Great Neighbourhood spotTODinerVIPDined on 2/14/2013First time at Boland's and the creativity of Chef Boland is wonderful. Great food at medium prices.Special Features:
- It was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/3/2013It was our first visit to Boland's and we really enjoyed it. The food was very good from appetizers to dessert, tasty and fresh and the service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Most Pleasant on Mt PleasantYDogDined on 12/19/2012Chill zone! Relaxed friendly vibe. Love the waiters. Embodies memories of chef bistros From many travels: West Village, Rive Gauche, Amsterdam... Tasty food in the right portions at the right price.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceBillyVIPDined on 12/18/2012We came on a Tuesday to try out the half-priced wine. For this they offer 2 reds and 2 whites.None were what we were looking for so we opted for a bottle of white from their extensive list. Our server was the star of the evening.Not only was he efficient and knowledgeable, he was also hilarious, making us laugh every time he approached the table. As for the food, the women sitting next to us were enjoying the short ribs and rack of lamb which looked and smelled delicious. We started with the fondue and liver. The fondue was creamy and served with bread, the liver served seared was slightly too browned for me. It would have been nice if they were served with baguette. We had duck and rack of lamb. Both were okay but a bit underwhelming.
- I have dined here many times,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2012I have dined here many times, have recommended it to friends and taken out-of-town visitors; always for dinner. This was a first for lunch and we will not return. We reserved for 12:30, were called and asked to change to 1:00, which we did. When we arrived the restaurant was less than half full. We were told that the scallop dish was not available --- so far no problem. We both ordered the shrimp and avocado salad and waited 3/4 of an hour for a salad bowl with boxed-type baby greens, a few tiny pieces of avocado tossed in and 4 shrimp on top covered in what looked and tasted like a poor-quality bottled dressing. We asked for bread and had finished when it finally came. Excuse -- busy time!!
- RUN AWAY AND DON'T GO!! REALLY.Rapman58VIPDined on 12/7/2012Of all the restaurants I've booked eith open table this is the only true dud. Service - amateur in ALL respects - reserved table 4 days in advance - was seated by kitchen. On wine, they tried to pour me after tasting before the guests! Portions so tiny - when we left still needed to eat. Fish was good but two mouthfuls. Expensive - $17 for two scallops appetizer (they said there would be three)! They charge for bread (twice!!)- and it is lame bread - dry and tiny. Over $230 for four - one bottle wine - no coffee or desert. Oh yeah and they put items on the bill we never ordered, and the host was less than gracious when told. STAY AWAY - THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE -EMBARRASSINGLY SO.
- LOve this RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/4/2012Boland's is my go-to restaurant. It has a warm yet sophisticated vibe. A menu that changes daily. Thoughtful, well-trained cooks and a great chef in Chris Boland. Introduced two friends to it the other night and they will return.Special Features:
- Stepping up to the plateJohnf1961VIPDined on 11/30/2012My wife and I recently dined at Boland's Kitchen, for the third time over the last 18 months. This time it was on short notice.....7:30pm on a Friday night. After arriving and being seated in this busy place, our waiter arrived and mentioned that the parties of 4 and 8 adjacent to us had arrived just prior to us, and it might cause a slight back up in ordering. Long story short, our appetizers arrived about 30 min after we ordered, and then our mains arrived about 45 min later.....way beyond reasonable. However, the staff was most apologetic, stepping up to the plate, and turned what could have been a bad experience, into a good one. Definitely will return...on a quieter night!! Highly recommended!!
- Great food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Great food and service. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- An unfortunate first experience.WenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012An unfortunate first experience.Went on a Saturday night with my wife, we both ordered the roast beef. Took a while to come out and when it did, it was cold. The owner, who waited on us, was quite good about it...sent it back right away. But when it came out again, the mashed potatoes were cold again and our rare roast beef was now well done. We're now 90 minutes from the time we first ordered. The owner handled it extremely well. Made a sincere apology, comp't our drinks and app's and invited us back. We'll try this restaurant again.
- Third time definately notNtmomVIPDined on 9/22/2012Third time definately not the charm. Previous 2 experiences had been good, but this visit was a major dissapointment. Service was slow and unattentive, as we waited nearly an hour between appetizers and mains. No one came by to check on us, offer more water or bread, or simply update us. Shrimp appetizer was good, however they were unable/unwilling to serve a simple green salad for me. Only one main course arrived initially, but the halibut was over cooked. Second main arrived 5 to 10 minutes later. Lamb was good, but accompanyments were different than ordered. Had to wait even longer for that to be resolved. Overall a very disapointing evening especially since we were celebrating a birthday.
- The excellent food was surpassedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/22/2012The excellent food was surpassed only by the outstanding service. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Very professional operation.ericVIPDined on 9/21/2012Very professional operation. Chris Boland is a great hostSpecial Features:
- My husband and I live in theluv2eatDined on 9/15/2012My husband and I live in the area and finally decided to give this restaurant a try and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious - well balanced flavors, nice portion sizes and nothing was overly seasoned (not to salty). We also enjoy that the menu changes based around what is in season. The service the night we went was good but not as attentive and this was mostly due to the fact that they were short staffed with a full restaurant. Our waiter and also the general manager Ricardo did apologize at the end of our evening which we greatly appreciated. The restaurant was full and was very energetic and lively. We are very happy that we finally decided to give them a try and we look forward to going back very soon.Special Features: