141 East Meadow Dr, Suite 113
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bolvail.com/
- Phone: 9704765300
- Hours of Operation:
Offseason Dinner: Every Day from 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Wuppermann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for catering options!
- Entertainment: Live DJ's nightly
- Special Events: We host birthdays, corporate retreats, rehaersal dinners, etc. Please contact us for your special occasion!
A word from Bol Restaurant
Located in Vail’s newest village center, Solaris, Bol offers an experience unlike any other. Bol is a full service restaurant offering fresh, contemporary takes on comfort foods and creative twists on classic American cuisine. Bol has a custom cocktail menu and over 100 bottles of wine. Guests may dine in the chic, modern dining room, at the sixty foot bar, or in the bowling lounge while they bowl. Bol brings a metropolitan vibe to the mountains and has a high standard of service to reflect just that!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bol Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Food bowl or bowling ball all goodOkobojibelleVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a creative menu! The food was excellent, service was great and if we hadn't been so tired, we would have headed to the back to bowl a frame. Very hip and modern bowling alley. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Bol Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2014And good atmosphere for a large group. I would recommend this place as an nice restaurant with good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedThsdvmDined on 3/7/2014We have been coming to Bol for years when we visit. We used to really enjoyed the Kobe beef. You replaced it with the $75 dish and I was extremely disappointed. I talked 4 out of our party of nine to order it. The meat was very tough and hard to eat with average flavor. WAY OVERPRICED FOR THE DISH! Please rethink this menu itemSpecial Features:
- Great for groups.skidocVIPDined on 3/3/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Very loud place. Need to make separate bowling reservation. Worth a visit while in Vail area. Pork buns were great. Gnocchi excellent. No real weakness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and fun atmosphere...OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/28/2014Had an amazing time and dinner at Bol. I wasn't sure what to expect because the restaurant has a bowling alley as well and I couldn't imagine that the food would be that great. Well I was unbelievably surprised. Bol serves fun, unique dishes that most foodies would approve of. They also have a great wine list and creative drink menu. Service was outstanding and the ambiance was great fun. They also have a children's menu that is reasonably priced but offers other items than the typical chicken fingers and burgers. Bol is a must when traveling in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times at BolHancock5590Dined on 2/27/2014Love this place for a group that loves food and likes to bowl. You can order delicious food and then go bowling in a very cool atmosphere. My only complaint was the fish we ordered was very "fishy" smelling and not the freshest. The appetizers were yummy. The Pumpkin Fritters and Tuna Tartar were excellent. The pizza was great and the Gnocchi very good but a pretty small portion for an entree. All in all I recommend this place if you are skiing in Vail and want a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical bowling alley fareOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2014We had 9:30 pm reservations to bowl, so figured we'd make it easy and eat at Bol, the restararaunt. We ended up sitting at the bar, and had a fantastic experience. The bartenders were all very attentive, helpful with food selections, and never let our plates or drinks go empty! The food itself was much better than I expected, the small plates were tasty (pork buns, lamb tbone bite, kobe carpaccio and the grilled artichoke) and the autumn gnocchi entree was superb. The food was presented beautifully and we digested while watching snowboard videos at the bar before bowling. For Vail, the prices were average. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers came out lastbeavisDined on 2/21/2014Let's start with the cocktail order. 2 drinks and 2 draft beers were ordered. The cocktails came right out, and the server said the tap on the beer needed to be changed. after 20 minutes, he came back and said that wouldn't work and we'd need to order something else, which we did. I watched the bartender make the next 2 coctails, and then they sat on the bar for another 10 minutes without being served. Then our dinner entrees came out. We asked about our appetizers (ordered with drinks). He forgot them. Next salads came out. Last were the apps. So the food came out backwards, apps last, dinner entrees first. No apology, no comp, nothing. Having been a server and bartender in vail for 10+ years myself, this was very poor form.Special Features:
- Great Surprise in VailVATraveler1Dined on 2/16/2014We had our three pre-teen and teen-aged kids with us and figured we'd better not go somewhere too upscale, as they wouldn't appreciate it. We very pleasantly surprised by Bol! It's a bowling alley restaurant, so we weren't expecting much--and boy, were we wrong! It's an upscale bowling alley--new, sleek, and modern. The restaurant is well separated from the lanes and had great ambience and a lovely bar area. The service was great and the food was top-notch with choices for an adult palate as well as nice selections for the younger guests. We're from DC and we eat out a lot, we're familiar with good restaurants--Bol was very good considering it's in a tourist town and is a bowling alley. We'd recommend it and would eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Saturday Night but Delicious!BJMandGMMDined on 2/8/2014My family and I truly enjoyed our first experience at Bol. The menu choices are diverse, new and interesting and the quality and taste of the food was superb. Food came quickly. Our only complaint and it is a big one, is that the wine we ordered with our meal was delivered after we had almost finished the food and our coffee was delivered to the table after we had finished our dessert. We did not complain about the wine but sent the coffee back. Our waitress apologized and explained to us that she did not have time to make the French press coffee so she had someone else make it and they were slow. Not sure why she shared that info with us as, in the end, the only thing that matters is good service by all employees at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/6/2014Had a quick dinner before the movies. Great salad and Great Apps for the main course.Special Features:
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/18/2014They desperately need to adjust the volume. If they want a dance club they shouldn't try to make it a dinner place too The music was deafening (And I am not and old person -- was with a group in 20s and 30s it was obnoxious Place is also very expensive for what they deliverSpecial Features:
- Worst service EVERGabouVIPDined on 1/1/2014The food was actually very good - not just for a restaurant with a (chic) bowling alley. The service was atrocious. Our waitress brought my boyfriend the wrong drink (excusable) and when he said "this is the wrong drink" she shrugged and walked away! Then they tried to clear our plates while my fork was en route to my mouth. Twice. Very rude. They need new management. Again, the food was really good. Such a shame.Special Features:
- Great food, BUT...KristinGDined on 12/23/2013were very disappointed as we had made reservations and upon arrival with our two children, were showed to a table right by the door (it was 8 degrees outside!) and next to the busy bar where people were standing. We couldn't even get to the table due to the crowd! After expressing our displeasure of the table location, we were brought into the main dining area and STILL sat next to the busy bar. Note: there were several empty tables available, including nice booths. We were sat at a plastic table with plastic chairs. My husband kept getting run into by patrons during our entire meal. When we complained to the manager, she made excuses, refused to do anything for us and tried to blame us for not telling her sooner. Would not go back!Special Features:
- It was out anniversary andAlisam09Dined on 11/22/2013It was out anniversary and they took special care of us including a complimentary glass of champagne to celebrate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!VPeloDined on 7/29/2013After looking at many reviews, I booked dinner and bowling at Bol Restaurant for our Vail trip. Modern decor, friendly staff, delicious food (especially considering half of it is a bowling alley!). We had the spicy tuna tartare and chicken skewers appetizers, and the NY strip steak and the margherita pizza for mains. All FANTASTIC! Since it is the off season they had great deals on bottles of wine. Needless to say all this gorgeous food and wine prepped us well for the one hour of bowling we had booked. Very much on the pricey side ($50 per hour per lane plus shoe rental...decent for a group, expensive for a couple) although at that point we didn't really care! Overall a wonderful evening that was one of the highlights of our Vail trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All we got were these measly chips.LC33Dined on 7/27/2013For a resteraunt with a limited menu you would think their food would be on point. In reality for the price the food is average. A couple of friends ordered the salmon and it was not cooked one had theirs returned to the kitchen only to have the second one not be as good for their wait they got some chips. When asked if they had any sauce for the steak they replied no it doesn't need any. I so wanted the food to be good.Special Features:
- A fun spot for TapasJimSVIPDined on 7/27/2013Good food and a very vibrant atmoshere. Food is good for a casual stop in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately, I was at BolOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2013Unfortunately, I was at Bol during the off season so most of the menu that I had seen on OT was not available. However, the food that we did have was very good and very reasonably priced. Also, if anyone is worried about the noise from the bowling alley, the way it's laid out, you barely notice it. All in all, a fine experience.Special Features:
- Chic & EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/5/2013This a very "happening" place in the middle of Vail. The ambiance is very energetic and chic. They club music in the background and the flat screen TV's give it a VIP room feeling at a club. The food and service were also excellent.Special Features:
- What a great night! DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/5/2013What a great night! Dinner was delicious-fun hip restaurant. Very sleek and modern-energetic crowd. Then on to our bowling reservation! Small cool bowling alley with great service-got dessert, French press coffee, and big laughs bowling. Perfect night! We will return!Special Features:
- Ambience and staff is great.TrlyDined on 3/31/2013Ambience and staff is great. Menu appears great, but food execution is just average.Special Features:
- We came twice, because theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013We came twice, because the kids loved your hamburgers and pizza so much! We were served promptly and enjoyed the entire scene!!Special Features:
- Enjoyed it again, thanks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2013Bol has been a great addition to the Vail dining scene. Friends from NYC had a great dinner with us. Oysters, pizza, burgers etc were all great. They have some huge TV's at the bar showing sports, snowboarding etc. I love going and sitting at the bar while my son ice skates out front. Very hospitable staff every time.Special Features:
- I love this place ! The foodVaniaDined on 3/25/2013I love this place ! The food is really good and the place is awsome! One of my fav spots in Vail ! is a must if you are there.Special Features:
- Avoid this placeTomDVIPDined on 3/18/2013The owners need to make up their minds, bowling alley or restaurant, because this place does a good job with neither. A very weak attempt is made at serving upscale food. The result, overpriced and bad food.
- Tried something newAftonwanderersVIPDined on 3/13/2013The restaurant area was attractively designed with the bowling area in the back. The food was a major disappointment. The salad lacked flavor, and the burgers were dripping with grease. I hope they can improve the food.Special Features:
- We loved it! great food andAntonyDined on 2/17/2013We loved it! great food and excellent service in VailSpecial Features:
- Good food and drink, fineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2013Good food and drink, fine but somewhat slow service, fun atmosphere. We went with our kids to celebrate a teen birthday, but I think it would be a good time for an adults-only group as well.Special Features:
- Very fun and vibrant withbonesVIPDined on 2/9/2013Very fun and vibrant with bowling alley adjacent lots of tv's to watch sports food very creative small plates and pizzas need to make bowling reservations way in advance They validate parking at Solaris garageSpecial Features:
- Great Vibe, contemorary & fab food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We were on vacation with another couple, and really hoping to find a great place to dine, yet with a great vibe. Well, we found it all at BoL! The atmosphere was lively, conteporary, and our service was fantastic. Our waitress was knowledgable about the wines and explained our fun, "foodie" appetizers well. The food was very good & beautifully presented. Very vibrant restaurant and with a cool, hip, private bowling alley as a bonus. But book it early, as we didn't, and it was a Saturday night, so we couldn't get a reservation there. I'd highly recomend BoL if you enjoy a vibrant atmosphere with a palet that appreciates great food. Fun, fun! Saw lots of families with young children & teenagers as well. We'd definitely return!Special Features:
- Rather expensive, but I supposeMountainMermaidVIPDined on 2/2/2013Rather expensive, but I suppose we are in Vail. Highly recommend the brussels sprouts!Special Features:
- Chic atmosphere, interestingbestmomVIPDined on 2/1/2013Chic atmosphere, interesting dishes, excellent food. The Brussels sprouts, tuns tartare and ribs were all delicious and my19 year old sin said the burger was outstanding. Great service too. Looking forward to coming back!Special Features:
- The service and menu wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2013The service and menu were both incredible. I will be back.Special Features:
- Courteous staff with an eyeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Courteous staff with an eye on making your experience fantastic. It was a cold night when we entered, and cold. Every time the door opened, it sent a chill through the restaurant. The staff was fantastic about finding us a table farther from the door. Every dish was well prepared, but the main Ingredient was always masked slightly by the other flavors. Service was brisk, not formal. Very friendly. The atmosphere was as cool as ice. This is where the vampires of Vail feast. Highly recommended, if you're not French aristocrats.Special Features:
- Yummy food. Some of the BESTTcodsDined on 1/9/2013Yummy food. Some of the BEST ribs I have ever eaten. Great asian fusion in some of the foods, which is somewhat hard to find in the area. An interesting / different cocktail menu - some made with infused liquors that Bol makes with local ingredients. Although last time we were in they were out of some things... which is a disappointment if you have a favorite but I guess that's a reason to try something different. Great energetic party feel. We needed to add on to our party and they took care of it with no trouble, which was great!Special Features:
- Great hamburger. Our groupDiomDined on 1/1/2013Great hamburger. Our group enjoyed everything we ordered from the house made chips to the veal pizzaSpecial Features:
- Food to WOW you.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2012Food was amazing. Sounds simple on the menu but was over the top extraordinary when it arrived at the table. Wanted to lick my plate clean!Special Features:
- Of the places we went, theBigEaterDined on 12/29/2012Of the places we went, the best all around restaurant (fun, imaginative menu, relatively reasonable prices).Special Features:
- Our chicken confit hot wingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2012Our chicken confit hot wings and trout rillet starters were very good. The trout rillet was excellent, actually. The beef stroganoff main course was very good, but the chicken and dumplings was just "so-so". The chicken itself was good, but the sauce and dumplings were very bland. It wasn't bad, but I would not order the chicken again. Our server was prompt and knowledgeable about the menu.