1729 North Halsted
Chicago, IL 60614Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bokachicago.com/
- Phone: 3123376070x
- Hours of Operation:
Open daily at 5PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Lee Wolen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Boka Catering Company is available for holiday parties, private dinners at home, weddings of all sizes and corporate functions. Award winning Chef Giuseppe Tentori can design a custom menu to fit your needs. Please contact Abby at 312.238.9896.
- Special Events: To request more information, please visit http://www.bokagrp.com/eventsandcatering.php
or call 312.337.6070
A word from Boka
Michelin starred Boka Restaurant has been a fixture in Chicago dining since 2003. A new chapter of the restaurant begins with the acquisition of new Chef/Partner Lee Wolen. Lee who honed his skills at both El Bulli and Eleven Madison Park, was recently awarded a Michelin Star and 4 stars from Chicago Magazine for his work at The Lobby.He was also named Breakout Chef of the year by Time Out Chicago in 2013. Boka’s space was given a complete re-design by acclaimed designer Simeone Deary (Elysian Hotel) in January of 2014. In its 10 year history Boka's Chefs have received both Food and Wine’s coveted Best New Chefs in 2008 and Best New Pastry Chef in 2013. Boka's food features contemporary, American cuisine, focusing on seasonality and sourcing as many local ingredients as possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Boka reviews from OpenTable diners
297 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (246)special occasion (205)romantic (153)neighborhood gem (117)notable wine list (106)hot spot (75)good for groups (48)great for outdoor dining (48)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Truly A TreasureHockeygalDined on 10/30/2014Every dish is excellent. Very different preparation, adventurous and gutsy puts this wonderful restaurant in a class by itself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food = Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I read a review of Boka on line and since I was in Chicago for a few days, made a reservation. We arrived early on Wednesday Evening, and it was great. Not many people in the restaurant when we arrived, and that changed while we were dining. Our server, Kim (I think), was wonderful. She gave us a tour of the restaurant and was very helpful in choosing our meals. All in all, from start to finish, the food, ambiance, and the service were top notch. I would highly recommend Boka to anyone who was looking for a great restaurant in Chicago for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best meal I've ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Everything was unbelievable and the service was superb. I had the most amazing grilled short ribs; the texture alone was out of this world. My girlfriend had a fantastic chicken entrée and they went above and beyond with a nice gesture for her birthday. I must recommend the fluke to anyone interested in dining at this lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent evening, Highly RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We were visiting Chicago with friends from London and we were able to go to several well known restaraunts during the week. Our friends from London thought Boka was the best restaraunt we ate at all week! Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food is terrific, the staff is delightful, and the chef is a gem... All in all, a wonderful evening and a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic placejazzerdoctorVIPDined on 10/25/2014Boka was great! The food was delicious with innovative flavor combinations. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Just the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/25/2014Boka has secured its spot as my favorite Chicago restaurant. Saturday was my third visit and I brought my mother who was visiting from out of town. Our server was so fantastic—he provided great food insights and wonderful wine suggestions. AND he was fun. What I love about Boka is that the food is consistently inventive and delicious, the service is always wonderful, helpful, and adds to the experience, while the interior is lovely, cozy and not pretentious. It's a wonderfully warm and inviting spot with some of the best food I've had. I actually just want to thank Boka for such a wonderful and memorable and fun night with my mom. Next I'm bringing my sister which will be another guaranteed great night.Special Features:
- Fabulous Evening8OutDined on 10/25/2014We went to Boka to celebrate our anniversary, which was a gift from our children. I would have to say it was probably the best meal we ever had. The place was beautiful and everyone from the girl at the front door to the many servers that helped at our table, were terrific. They were nice. friendly and made it a fabulous evening. We had no complaints. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelleentKaty09VIPDined on 10/25/2014Boka continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. I have never had a bad experience here. the renovation of the space and the menu earlier this year has continued the high level of innovation with the food and the wine. The service also continues to be stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everythihg terrificRickDined on 10/24/2014Recommended by close friends who live in Chicago, we were first time diners. Service was great, wait person informed about the food and wine, appetizers, main course and dessert all really good. We split scallop entrée for appetizer, then had both the short rib and duck, which was about as good duck as I have ever had. An olive oil cake was great dessert. Would come back any time. This restaurant is next door to Alinea, but doesn't share a chef or kitchen. Yet the chef, formerly at 11 Madison Park in NYC, is a craftsman in his own right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/24/2014Our waiter...Chris...was very helpful and knowledgeable about food options and particularly the type of wine we were looking for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFinefoodloverDined on 10/24/2014Restaurant was a great surprise in a city full of nice restaurants , ambience was classy but romantic , noise level was perfect for conversation and food was delicious .we will be there soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodWaterdancerDined on 10/24/2014Surprised at the tiny menu, but everything our group ordered was excellent! Attentive service, lovely presentation of each course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food.Impeccable service.hendie19Dined on 10/22/2014The title says it all really. I'll definitely be returning. From the fall menu I highly recommend the venison.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret OasisOllyMacDined on 10/20/2014Loved the atmoshere and green plant wall. Beautiful interior design, great menu and wine list. We really enjoyed our experienceSpecial Features:
- ExcellentPopeyeVIPDined on 10/19/2014The meal was excellent and the service was superb.Special Features:
- Great placeEddieVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food here is different, really very good with an emphasis on interesting ways to cook vegetables. Beautiful setting and lots of fun. I would go backSpecial Features:
- Frank ShieldsFloridaFrankVIPDined on 10/18/2014Exceptional experience. Creative, fresh and smart. This may be the best Restaraunt in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- Simply OutstandingDavidDined on 10/17/2014A wonderful dinner experience. Simply put, I experienced tastes and textures that I had never experienced before. Every course, even the bread, was different and delicious. The dishes were clearly not only prepared perfectly, but also were truly inspired pieces of art meant to challenge the palette. This could be the best meal I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014Each time we go here we like it even better than the time before. We we consider a favorite is surpassed next time we try something new. The Heirloom carrot salad was so gooood, we considered ordering another round for dessert. Always a consistently wonderful meal!Special Features:
- NickyVIPDined on 10/16/2014ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS VEGETABLE DISHES. INNOVATIVE AND BEAUTIFUL. HAD HOPED FOR THE BROCCOLI SALAD, BUT THE CARROT SALAD WAS JUST AS GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionmelindajDined on 10/16/2014I brought my college aged daughter and her boyfriend here for a celebration dinner and it was! The aroma's from each dish made us swoon. The special touches to each item made it all so perfect and over the top. We will visit again and again.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerFoodloverVIPDined on 10/15/2014Really enjoyed dining in the renovated section. As always, food was very good. Venison and short ribs were tasty. Desserts were deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServicecityplaceVIPDined on 10/15/2014Host greeted us warmly. We ate in the prettier dining room. (didn't care for the casual one) Food and service were wonderful. Amuse bouche of soup was delicious. Loved all the dishes. We split the chicken and the portion was smaller that we anticipated, but was delicious. We had eaten the chicken at The Lobby by the same chef. A great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Meal Ever!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014I brought 1 associate and 2 customers for dinner and I have to say it was an event they will never forget!! Everything was exceptional!!!Chef Lee and his team are pure artists!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experienceGaryCoVIPDined on 10/12/2014The salad was prepared with very fresh ingredients and a very tastey dressing. The scallops and the braised short ribs were top notch. The service, as always, was very attentive and never interruptive. All of the ingredients of a Michelin star restaurant are the here where the food is the real focus. This is not a pretentious 10 course meal where you can't select the food and must rely on the chef's judgment. Instead, you make the decisions. This is now my favorite restaurant in Chicago! The service staff were fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014The food was very, very good, as was our server (Augustus).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exquisite foodJADKVIPDined on 10/10/2014First time dining at Boka with friends who have been before. Our food was exquisite and the service attentive without being overbearing. We had four different appetizers and hands-down, the ricotta gnudi was the best (think gnocci but made with ricotta cheese rather than potato -- fabulous). Had the gnudi not been so amazing, I would have raved about the octopus appetizer. Entree winner was the venison with the sturgeon a close second. Lovely wine recommendation by our waiter. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- BobskiBobskiVIPDined on 10/8/2014Simply a great experience all the way around. Great cocktails. Knowledgable, hospitable and professional staff. GReAT and inventive food. When our waiter recommended the roast chicken I was dubious. When I took my first bite I was converted. Never had chicken like that before and likely won't again until I go back to Boka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd anniversary didnt disappointSteveDined on 10/6/2014My wife and I went to Boca three years ago and it was unbelievable. I took her for our 2nd anniversary under a new cheff and we were once again floored by the service and most of all the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingdannyDined on 10/6/2014Some of the best tasting food I've ever had, and I've been to some really nice places...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boka has excellent food!!DDDDVIPDined on 10/5/2014The food was spectacular! We had the corn soup, heirloom carrots, and roasted cauliflower for our appetizers. We all shared so we could taste everything. For our entrees we had the roasted duck, crispy skate wing, seared scallops and the roasted broccoli. the portions were not big but, the food was delicious! The seared scallops were $35.00 and there were only 3 scallops. We asked for the sausage on the side but then added it to make the meal more substantial. The meal plus 4 drinks came in over $365 without the tip. The waitress was very nice but was a little too attentive. She came back so many times and sometimes interrupted our conversation. The ambiance is very cool-kind of reminded us of the Alice In Wonderland story. Delicious food!Special Features:
- A Michelin star restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I went to this restaurant with a friend that appreciates good food and it was for both of us the first michelin star experience. The service was outstanding, very attentive staff, we arrived 1h earlier from the booked and they were able to accommodate us. The food was excellent, except for dessert that was still very good but not outstanding. The current chef (as we have been told by the manager) won a michelin star on other restaurant, the chef that that the star on Boka opened a new restaurant (but co-owns Boka), so both aways you still get the michelin star experience. Really worth experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place Excelent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014The food is very good, the place is pleasant and the service is Excelent A must go placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemGoldenrustDined on 10/3/2014Remarkable on so many aspects! An inspired good experience, both generous and surprisingly (in relative terms) affordable. Boka stands tall on the best good experience in our lives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!ImogeneFranceDined on 10/3/2014Delicious and original dishes. Great ambiance. August was our server and he took fantastic care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!Sparty5Dined on 10/3/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and we had a great time! The service was excellent, they called me the day before to remind me of the reservation and see if it was for a special occasion. They took note that it was for my girlfriend's birthday and as soon as we arrived the hostess wished her a happy birthday and the first thing our server did was wish her a happy birthday as well. Throughout the meal, the server as well as other restaurant staff were very tentative to ensure we had a great experience. The atmosphere and decor was very nice and classy and the food and drinks were outstanding. This is definitely a new favorite and recommend it for a nice romantic outing or small special celebration.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/1/2014I went to Boka for my 30th Birthday and my server, Eric, made it that much more special. He was so accommodating and made my boyfriend and I feel at home. He gave us great recommendations and ordered all that he recommended. He even went above and beyond to make the Broccoli entree a smaller side because we couldn't decide between 3 entrees. We got the best of all three worlds. Eric was great and the food was out of this world. I am definitely going back.Special Features:
- BradDined on 9/30/2014Very good place for business meal. It was strangely quiet, and the food was good. Make sure you have your expense account ready. It isn't cheap.Special Features:
- New Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Brought my girlfriend here for her birthday and it was definitely the right choice. The chef has a way of transforming perfectly normal ingredients that otherwise I would have disliked or overlooked into something very special (ex. the carrot salad). Overall, this was a phenomenal experience in every respect, very reasonably priced and excellent service--they brought out the dessert with a happy birthday message without even having been requested to do so. Very attentive and friendly staff. The only thing I would note is that each dish that came after seemed a bit less impressive than the one before it. But that is still quite the accomplishment since their "worst" dish was still outstanding. Definitely will come back in the future!Special Features: