47 N. Front Street
Kingston, NY 12401Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boitsons.com/
- Phone: 8453392333
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kris Roberts
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Boitson's is available for both on and off premise catered events, from 10 to 100 guests. Please call us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Resume editing In the warmer months our deck can be used for your intimate affair of up to 30 seated guests, 45 for cocktails & hor's d'oeuvres. The entire restaurant can be booked for parties of up to 50 guests. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Maria 8453392333
- Entertainment: Watch out for our monthly movie series, showing everything from cult classics to local documentaries and short films. Check our website and Facebook for up to the minute announcements.
- Cross Street: Wall Street
- Public Transit: Boitson's is located just up the street from the Adirondack Trailways bus terminal. We are about 15 minutes from the Rhinecliff Amtrak train station and 2 miles from the Rondout Waterfront Marina.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Boitson's is located in the Historic Uptown district of Kingston. There is on the street parking, as well as several municipal parking lots.
A word from Boitson's Restaurant
An old storefront in Kingston's Historic Uptown District, a simple sliver of a space, has received a sumptuous update by its new tenant: Boitson's Restaurant. The menu is American, refined, yet comfortable from Trout Meuniere to Fried Chicken. The dining area is a carefully considered homage to both the upscale bistro and the "old man" bar. In good weather, the back deck, with views of the Catskills, is another of Boitson's many secrets awaiting to be discovered.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Boitson's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kingston ›
Boitson's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (17)scenic view (16)romantic (15)special occasion (14)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- woodstockcyclerDined on 9/7/2014Excellent menu variety for meat eaters, vegetarians or vegans. Really good food, excellent service and a nice atmosphere. Everything you would want in a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening on the deckOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful evening with good food. The veggie lasagna was outstanding! Our server was attentive and made for a very relaxing night. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place for dinnerfarouche321Dined on 8/30/2014Dark, cosy dining area inside, great deck out back with Catskill views. The food is consistently of high quality, service is friendly. The "cauliflower wings" appetizers are amazing. It's always possible to put together a good vegetarian meal here.Special Features:
- Fun night outPMreview7Dined on 8/30/2014We greatly enjoyed our meal. If we have a 'wish list' it would be to add some less pricey but still good wines. $7 or $8 a glass is still quite steep especially when there are good wines out there for even $8 a bottle. Thanks.Special Features:
- Great Find in Kingston!LBdinesDined on 8/24/2014We had a delicious meal sitting on the patio. For starters, the salads were creative and delicious. Our party had the cod special, fried chicken and mashed potato and the hen. Everything was terrific. Our service was wonderful as well. I highly recommend this restaurant and will return for sure during my next visit to the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Took some friends new to restaurant . Everyone loved it ! Fried okra was outstanding!! Fantastic, as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always fab. never disappointsFLKS444Dined on 8/16/2014We love boitsons and it needs to stay in business forever or at least as long as I am able to raise a forkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAmazingDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant blew me away. The back patio seating was beautiful and had a great vibe but it also had an amazing view. I did not sit inside but even walking through the inside had a personal almost romantic feel. Great wine and cocktail list with unique drinks and great prices. The food was absoultely amazing. Beautifully plated and the dishes we picked had such a unique flavor profile. My boyfriend and I highly recommend the pan seared monk fish and the linguine blue crab.Special Features:
- rarelyeatoutDined on 8/9/2014The Cauliflower Wings are wonderful. Both my dining companion and I had issues with our main selections. My main course salad was very overdressed, to the point that the greens were limp. The salmon's molasses and mustard glaze was too heavy and too sweet for the fish (and would be too heavy for even beef or chicken) and I scraped it off. My friend's meal of polenta with wild mushrooms and greens left a lot to be desired with thick, heavy blocks of polenta.Special Features:
- ReliabilityCapnIrDined on 7/9/2014Always a reliable place to eat! Great food and beverages are what we have come to expect, and get!Special Features:
- Never disappointsvarnffDined on 6/26/2014We all have a favorite spot and when family or friends come to visit and we bring them, it doesn't work out. Well not only did Boitson's come through but now other family members want to go. The service was good, we had a new waiter but the more experience ones watched over. The food was good, we had the Fried Chicken special which I've been craving for a while. And dessert hit it out of the park. The cocktails were a hit and the coffee a nice finish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014My wife and I shared an entree but the kitchen did not split to for us on two plates. Otherwise things were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I adore the ambiance, decor, but especially the congenial owner Maria! I love the story of how she got the opportunity to open the restaurant too, its on the menu! It is my go to place when upstate for bringing friends for great food and atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Our favoriteRelentlessVIPDined on 6/19/2014We love this place, the vibe, food, bar, help, staff; last night we had a great corn, avocado bean salad with chicken and adorable yummy lobster roll sliders; watermelon gazpacho soup was so-so, too liquidy but who cares. and they have good wine and GREAT catskill cocktail drink. This is where we go when we need a night out among great folks!Special Features:
- As always ...HVFoodieDined on 6/11/2014Dinner was perfect. Its simply the best place in town.Special Features:
- Another chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Great staff very attentive. Will give the food another chanceSpecial Features:
- fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014this was my fifth time at boitson's. i've never been disappointed...especially with the foot. outstandingly delicious every time!Special Features:
- Always a favoritecwagsDined on 6/8/2014Delicious, creative dishes... I've never had a dish that I didn't like here! Friendly service too.Special Features:
- Uptown Jewel of Kingston New YorkCapnIrDined on 6/7/2014Boitson's is an uptown jewel in the world of food and libations. Small in stature...huge in talent and taste! Friendly, comfy, foodie delight are just a few of the descriptives I use to tell people about Boitson's. Worth the ride, worth the wait if necessary. They offer a wonderful cocktail list to enjoy while awaiting your meal. The back deck is a wonderful place to while away the end of the day taking in the colorful sunsets over the mountains. The food is great, service is timely and ambience delightful... and the Fried Chicken is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boitson's was great experiencedavedinesoutDined on 5/31/2014We decided to try Boitson's Restaurant in uptown Kingston on Saturday evening. It was easy to get a reservation, when we arrived, they asked if we wanted to sit in the outdoor patio. Since it was our first time there, we were not familiar with patio space. The hostess told us to go look at it and decide if we wanted to sit there since it would be a 30 minute wait. When we looked at it, we agreed it was worth the wait and we were glad we waited. There was a beautiful view of the sunsetting over the Catskill Mountains from the patio. Our appetizers, main course and desserts were all fantastic and the Service was very good and attentive. We will definitely return and most likely bring others with us so they can share i nthe experience.Special Features:
- Great for Date NightjzinknyDined on 5/30/2014The dining room is small but there is outdoor dining, but when it rains the dining room fills up fast. We had a few drinks at the bar while we waited for our table and ultimately ate at the bar instead. Our bartender was friendly and attentive and made good drink and oyster suggestions. The mussels and fries dish is a must, and get some bread to finish up the sauce. Hanger steak and frites was a very satisfying dish, though forgettable next to the mussels. Finished up with Creme Brulee, a popular choice for good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceJandMDined on 5/28/2014Good food with clever varieties of appetizers and entree's. Good service and ambiance. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The following 183 reviews are from the Boitson's Restaurant reviews archive.
- LOVE this place and staff and foodRelentlessVIPDined on 5/10/2014And now we know there's an outdoor terrace with heaters and bar!Special Features:
- Best place in KingstonRelentlessVIPDined on 5/7/2014Along with the Local in Rhinebeck, this is our favorite restaurant, fun, good food, great service and best Catskill cocktail, burger, fries and fried chicken and great roast beef Wednesday night; we love it! wish we loved oystersSpecial Features:
- love this neighborhood jointRelentlessVIPDined on 4/30/2014the best fried chicken, standing rib roast, burgers and fries, love it hereSpecial Features:
- LOVE ITRelentlessVIPDined on 4/18/2014This is our go-to place whenever we want to eat out casually; the best cocktails, best fried chicken, love the burgers, fries and now trying to be healthier and had a great barley risotto with vegetables; hold the good bread and desserts. love the mood, lively, everyone at the bar. Just wish it would have more chicken and other fish besides salmon and trout....Special Features:
- Another perfect eveningGrantDined on 4/17/2014Our party of 5 was seated promptly (we had reserved the front window seat), had great service and another fantastic evening at what is becoming one of our favorite restaurants in the Hudson Valley. We dined on a Thursday night and there was a steady stream of patrons both at all the tables and the bar. It is great to see a good place busy! My husband and I first had our celebratory dinner a week after our wedding and was impressed by the menu, ambience and service - and we had been looking for another time to make it back. Can't wait for the warmer weather and some outside dining soon!Special Features:
- Great food, service and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Great food, service and very welcoming atmosphere. Never had a bad experience, day or night. Wonderful hideaway in Uptown Kingston. Only wish it was closer to where I live now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food3girlsDined on 4/11/2014We were in the area from MA for a college visit at Bard and Boitson's was definitely a highlight. The menu included farm fresh and local produce, with several creative choices for my vegetarian daughter. We will be going back on college move in weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteRelentlessVIPDined on 4/9/2014This is now one of two favorite places in the 'hood, or across the river from my hood. We love it so; and last night for the first time we ate at the bar, and loved it; schmoozy fellow diners inhaling big beef and lemon tarts, great cocktail, love the bartender and we shared food that was as good as always!!!! and affordableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun, fun, funRelentlessVIPDined on 4/5/2014Love this place, always dependable and good, great cocktails, food and service, and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandingMikeGDined on 4/4/2014This is hands down our favorite local date night place. The food is consistently well prepared, and the menu is imaginative without being pretentious. The fried chicken is as close to perfect as I've ever had. The gnocchi with crawfish was a delicious combination. The raw bar usually has several tasty oyster options. It's just good food. Equally worthy of note is the cocktail menu. Service is well paced. The dining room is a little tight, but that's just something you've got to accept with such a popular place. Same goes for the noise level, which can be a little high, but doesn't impede conversation. The decor is warm and swanky at the same time. Dining on the deck provides a really nice alternative, with an amazing view. Fantastic place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCowgirlDined on 3/30/2014Boitson's is my personal favorite Kingston area restaurant and I go there for every special occasion. It was the site of my wedding dinner March 30, 2013, so it was the only choice for my 1st anniversary dinner. I have never been disappointed in the food or service at Boitson's and look forward to many enjoyable dinners there for many years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulDavidDined on 3/29/2014This is one of our "regular" places, and quite frankly the best place to eat in Kingston. Wonderful cuisine and an always-great menu simply and smartly done. The experience is always excellent!Special Features:
- Best EVERRelentlessVIPDined on 3/26/2014we love this restaurant, great food, vibe, wine, cocktails, servers, our go to place for yummy burgers, salads, the best fried chicken north of the Mason Dixon line. Can't miss, and super prices too. Even the bread and butter is goodSpecial Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2014The wait for our food after we ordered was unbearable (close to an hour). The server was apologetic, explaining it was a small kitchen and everyone had come at once. And, the kitchen belatedly sent out a comped appetizer (which arrived at the same time as our food). Not sure why the table next to us, which arrived after us, got their food and finished eating before we got our food. And, when our food arrived, the cheeseburger didn't have cheese (oops). All in all, a very forgettable (and a bit regrettable) of a dining experience. Also, the restaurant is dimly lit, making it difficult to read the menu and to see the food.
- Great local findFeedMeDined on 3/19/2014We have eaten here a couple of times & the food & service always very good. They change the fish dish on the main menu often which can be a little disappionting if you realy liked one of the dishes. The seating area is long & thin which is not ideal for large partys & it runs parrallel with the bar again a bit of a squash,but strangely this is what gives it the atmosphere. Its advisable to book because it always appears to be busy. In general a great place to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Very in the 'hoodRelentlessVIPDined on 3/13/2014Love this place, my go-to place for everything, great fried chicken, burgers, salads, fries, and more, and the best cocktails in the world!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- regularly fabulousRelentlessVIPDined on 3/1/2014Very good again, though my vegetarian rice and eggplant stew was so so; spicy and not all that interesting and a pricey $18; the fried chicken and burgers and salmon are far superior. Catskill cocktail always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superRelentlessVIPDined on 2/23/2014GREAT fried chicken, crispy, great mashed potatoes and gravy and beans, great bread and butter and the best cocktails. we love this place, food, help, mood, and you can chat!!!!Special Features: