1414 Harbour Way S.
Richmond, CA 94804Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boilerhouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5102156000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:00PM - 6:00PM Saturday Lunch: 12:00PM - 5:00 PM Sunday Brunch: WE'LL BE BACK IN THE SPRING!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: The BoilerHouse offers fine catering for any party and budget. Please contact us at 510-215-6000 and let us take care of you.
- Private Party Facilities: Book Your Party at the BoilerHouse and enjoy exceptional value, great tastes and our amazing panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay. We offer affordable, fresh, local, food on the waterfront, prepared with creativity and presented with style.
- Private Party Contact: Brionna Garner 8776937103
- Entertainment: Craneway Live Music nights, Comedy nights, and more - check out our full schedule at www.cranewayblog.com or sign up for our newsletter.
A word from Boilerhouse Restaurant
Located in the magnificent former power plant of a Ford automobile factory, the Boilerhouse serves fresh, fast, local, delicious food on the waterfront. Enjoy exceptional value, great tastes and, of course, our amazing view of the San Francisco skyline and the Bay. Most simply, our concept is Slow food flavor at fast food prices. We invite guests to grab a quick healthy meal on the go when they’re hiking the Bay Trail or taking a break from the office--or to stay as long as they like and enjoy our waterfront setting while they linger over a meal and drinks. Boilerhouse recipes change frequently to reflect the season and the plentiful local markets. We use local, all-natural ingredients, and organic when possible. We serve lunch, pub, dinner and brunch, all under $10. We welcome your feedback as we are constantly developing and improving. It's wonderful to be part of the Bay Area community, and to be bringing new crowds to the historic Craneway, the birthplace of Rosie the Riveter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boilerhouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great find. Works for everyone!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/12/2012Great find. Works for everyone! Being remodeled. Will come back and visit!!
- Good and (Really) bad. I walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/12/2012Good and (Really) bad. I walked in with a reservation. A red-haired gentleman came forward and stared at me blankly and then directed me to take menus from a basket. He then said I had to go up to the bar to order. When I did, the "waitress/cashier" looked at me like I was stupid. She said "we don't serve that." When I raised the menu and showed her the item I wanted, she said "that is the wrong menu." I told her that I got it from the basket up front (like I was told), and she just gave me a different menu. I was stunned...not so much as an apology. I asked a waiter if there was a children's menu. The response? No, because we're remodeling soon. Huh? What? The food was pretty decent though.
- A friend was celebrating herOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012A friend was celebrating her birthday and the woman behind the bar who took our order comped her a delicious piece of chocolate cake. Just perfect since Marion loves chocolate!Special Features:
- Made a reservation. We arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Made a reservation. We arrived prior to the time. Waited at the host station;host acknowledged that i was standing there. After saying 'hello' politely several times and having him walk away to seat folks, I finally got his attention. When I let him know of the reservation he simply informed me that nothing was available - but that i would be next - just the same as all the folks who had just walked in. The scene was chaos. A large spill on the floor we were warned to walk around. Tables were full of folks who had obviously been sitting with out being served. No wait person arrived and finally a manager took our order along with the table nearby. No offer of compensation of any sort. I would not come back.
- Great,nice and fun spot to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/3/2012Great place if you are a food lover like I am. My wife and I came here for our 2nd year anniversary dinner and this place did not fail.... Everything was great from service to food. I had the porter house steak and it was cooked to perfection, not to mention that it was really tasty, nice and juicy. My wife and I will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Best Blues Band in the AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2012Second time here, and we come to see and hear Juke Joint. Food issues? Well, five tiny shrimp and a trace of pancetta for twelve bucks? Come on, get real. Pasta was fairly tasteless despite overdose of oil. The seabass was very good and a major value (our daughter paid $32 at Gather) but WAY too much oil bathing the entire plate. Thanks for the "sale" on Racer 5, it was excellent. Service was pretty bad, I actually had to go to the bar to get the beer which our waiter forgot. The very nice server at the pick-up end brought it to our table. I guess I would not come here for the food, but Juke Joint is worth the effort.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic, servicesunshineDined on 9/21/2012Food was fantastic, service was pretty good. would go back for the foodSpecial Features:
- WE went there to hear theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012WE went there to hear the Band (juke joint band). But were greatly impressed with the food, we savored it. Our waitress Shante greeted us with a big smile. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- This restaurant makes a realOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012This restaurant makes a real effort to use local ingredients on their menu. The sea bass was very good. The fish and chips were tasty. They serve several local beers and wines that truly compliment the food. The service was friendly, happy and perfectly paced. The view of SF bay was terrific. The band playing that night (Juke Joint) was very good and a lot of fun. We ended up staying longer than planned to enjoy the music.Special Features:
- Food very good. Table servicealdoVIPDined on 8/31/2012Food very good. Table service on weekends only. Daily specials.Special Features:
- It has a great location andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012It has a great location and could use the view to the restaurant's advantage however it doesn't. This was our first time visiting and unless I'm invited to a function I would not return. The event room has a fabulous view.
- This was our first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012This was our first time there and it was for my husband's birthday. They didn't seem to have our reservation under our name and the service was very very slow. We had to ask for more cocktails and were not served bread or cocktails until well after we were sat. We were sat right next to another table that was just sat so there was a wait even though we were passed off to another server who was serving tables on the other side of the room. When I asked about the upstairs seating area, I was told that it was too dangerous to go up there and if we did it would be at our own risk. It was really a shame too because the food and ambiance and location are great.Special Features:
- As expected. Friendly staff,FinickygalDined on 8/11/2012As expected. Friendly staff, slow service but food is good.
- Has a relaxed industrial feel.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2012Has a relaxed industrial feel. Unpretentious and fun for groups a few steps from the bay.Special Features:
- Pork chop dish was crazy salty.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012Pork chop dish was crazy salty. Had to take a bite of potato or beans with every piece. Nicoise salad portion was on the skimpy sideSpecial Features:
- Greek Salad was good. FunOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2012Greek Salad was good. Fun place, lively on the 3rd of July. Lots of folks there to see Richmond's 3July fireworks.Special Features:
- Boilerhouse a good stop ifSherryDined on 7/3/2012Boilerhouse a good stop if you're in the vicinity, like if you're visiting the Rosie the Riveter site or attending an event at the Craneway Pavilion, as we were. But it's not an attraction in itself---not a "destination restaurant". Just someplace to eat if you're there already.
- It was 5:30 on July 3, 2012.ThunderDined on 7/3/2012It was 5:30 on July 3, 2012. There was no line waiting to get into the restaurant. Not all the tables were full, neither was the bar seating. Free fireworks and concert at 7:30 with lots of people expected just outside sponsored by Target. Ordered the hamburger. The bun was stale, really small amount of fries. Everyone seemed to be stressed even though there was plenty of help. They forgot the order for the couple next to us. My wife had the Chilly which appeared to come from a can. Two pints of beer, stale hamburger bun,and canned chilly for $40.00Special Features:
- It was the Richmond 4th ofMEPSDined on 7/2/2012It was the Richmond 4th of July fireworks crowd. The Boilerhouse was insanely busy. No way to review objectively with hundreds of people (literally) everywhere.Special Features:
- We had made a reservationBuddDined on 6/28/2012We had made a reservation for lunch. When we arrived, there was a sign that said take a menu and order at the bar. I stopped a very busy waiter who responded with "I will clean this table now for you". Very efficiently handled.Special Features:
- Didn't honor res, food & svc poorOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2012I have to be honest: Although i have really enjoyed Boilerhouse in the past, I was very disappointed in all aspects this time. 1. They did not honor the reservation; we had no table when we ordered our food (and none in sight), so we had to get it to go. The excuse: we got busy, so we gave your table away! 2. They scrounged up a table at the last minute, but it was grimy, so we couldn't rest our hands on it. 3. The food was mediocre. 4. The service was poor. The kitchen "forgot" our bread order, so it came (after numerous reminders) when the meal was almost over. I like the atmosphere, but will probably avoid Boilerhouse until they clean up their act.
- Stopped in for lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2012Stopped in for lunch with a small group. Tasty food, nothing fancy. Stand in line and order at the bar is a bit awkward, but otherwise, no complaints. I'd go back if I was in Richmond.Special Features:
- I love this place, broughtOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012I love this place, brought the family to celebrate Fathers Day and it was great. The best eggs bendict I have in a very long time.Special Features:
- The service was slow. It tookOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/17/2012The service was slow. It took 15 minutes to get a coffee.Special Features:
- Great Historic SettinglocaldinerDined on 6/16/2012We like the Boiler House because it's part of Richmond's great World War II history of industrial achievement. The food is well prepared in a style in keeping with the history--what I've come to think of as Middle American Comfort Food: hamburgs, Reubens, meatball sandwiches, meatloaf--although the fried calamari appetizer is a local treat.Special Features:
- Food was excellent ,PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Food was excellent ,Prices were resonable,atmosphere was cool ,the view of the bay was neat .Service could have been better .Special Features:
- We stumbled upon this duringBonnieJDined on 5/30/2012We stumbled upon this during a search of Open Table and since some of our group (6 or 7) of us live in the East Bay, we try to trade going to west / east. We all had something different and everything was very good. Its a little echoy due to the tall ceilings but overall good place. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- A real find!DrmonarDined on 5/29/2012This was my first time at this restaurant. It is a bit out of the way, but worth the drive for the scenery alone. The ambiance is very interesting as it is in the old Ford plant and some of the old equipment remains which make it a find. The service was good, and the food reasonably priced for the offerings. We enjoyed the meal which was shared with a friend. We asked to share the salad and the kitchen did this and it seemed that two salads were served in terms of portions. The main course, also shared, we split. The dessert was outstanding. We had to wait, as it was freshly baked, and definitely worth the wait. Fabulous! I highly recommend this place for its combination of view, ambiance and food and I will definitely return.Special Features:
- The food, drinks and upbeatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2012The food, drinks and upbeat ambience are as great as the stunning views outside. One could make a great day of it by coming out to the new Rosie the Riveter/World War II Homefront National Park visitors center (right next to the restaurant) and/or strolling around the Bayfront trails, then having lunch at The Boilerhouse, which is an integral part of all this. It is also open for dinner, and that is equally good.Special Features:
- A very nice time we had at dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Attended "Rosie's Big Bash" 5/25 & decided to try the Boilerhouse for dinner beforehand. Have eaten there for lunch & food has been great (Turkey BLTA is my FAV)& the service was appropriate (order your food at the bar, seat yourself)so I wanted to try it for dinner too. Some reviews had complaints of slow service so we scheduled our dinner for 5:45 to make the dance opening at 7:30. We didn't leave the restaurant till 7:25 but maybe that was because it got busy but also due to our visiting amongset ourselves. No complaints! Most of us had the Friday Special of Prime Rib, mine-Medium well was EXCELLENT but a couple had asked for theirs medium rare & it came a little too done..)PotatoesAuGratin to die for/GreenBeans fresh perfectly steamed!
- great prime rib. great location...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012great prime rib. great location...home to visit again soon.Special Features:
- Rocking Night at BoilerhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2012Despite the fact that my reservation was reported erroneously as a no-show, this was a winning evening. Service was VERY slow but the unbelievable entertainment distracted us enough to ignore that. Appetizer portions were pathetic but they were fairly reasonable. All entrees were quite tasty, hot, and nicely presented. Desserts were killer. The place was rocking with Juke Jive causing us to actually dance in the aisles. Very friendly staff, cheerful customers and overall one of the most fun ever. We were a group of nine who have dined once a month for 22 years, never the same place twice. Costs seemed fair, it was $480 with tip plus an extra $20 for our harried server.Special Features:
- We had a great time the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012We had a great time the food was great had the sea bass. The band that night was great -Juke Joint Band. First time and would go back. The service is slow, but our waiter told us that as it gets bussier the slower the service - fine because we were there to enjoy the band and food. All worked out great!
- Disappointed, but beautiful view...OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/19/2012Disappointed with first visit for a Saturday lunch: Staff was not prepared even though most people appeared to have reservations like us: Took 20 minutes and 5 requests to 3 different people get some bread to go with my salad, which I was finished eating by the time they brought it. Our server disappeared for a long time, and apparently converted into the manager during her absence, with no warning... Hostess ending up having to act as server, but messed up a to-go order, etc. etc. We were disappointed as well that brunch wasn't served on Saturdays, only Sundays. It's a long trip out to the location, but beautiful bayfront converted warehouse property once you get there.. restaurant doesn't actually overlook bay howeverSpecial Features:
- Food uninspired. Had fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012Food uninspired. Had fish & chips. Tartar sauce tasted like all mayonaise. Fish mainly crust & oil...
- The menu needs to be expandedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2012The menu needs to be expanded a little bit, but everything is fresh and good!Special Features:
- Because this is in a realbigratDined on 5/15/2012Because this is in a real boiler house, the decor is interesting and the food is very good and great value for the money. We would go back!!!!Special Features:
- The drinks are good! The happyOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/14/2012The drinks are good! The happy hour prices for alcohol and appetizers are reason enough to return. Great service =)
- It was a perfect mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012It was a perfect mother's day brunch except for the wait. We arrived promptly at 1:30, our reserved time, but weren't seated until about 2:15 or so. We were starving because we had just come from church.Special Features:
- I went to the Broiler Housemlopezosoteo888Dined on 5/13/2012I went to the Broiler House for their Mother's day Brunch expecting great things from this restaurant. This must have been their first run at doing a champagne brunch. I had a 1:30 reservation and didn't get seated until pass 2 oclock. I am 6 months pregnant and had a 5year old with me so you can imagine waiting getting hungry and my 5 yr old getting restless. Thank god my husband had spoken to the people running the seatting area and said something to them. You can tell they were very unorganized and every time food ran out it took them a while to replenish right away. The only thing I liked about this place is the location due to the view. Food was not that great I had better and selection of food not great. I will not return.