1110 Jones St
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theboilerroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4029169274
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Kulik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Follow The Boiler Room Restaurant on Facebook to receive updates on our frequent wine dinners with great importers and winemakers!
A word from Boiler Room
A converted boiler room in the Bemis Bag building, built in 1896, The Boiler Room is an ingredient driven modern American/French restaurant. Chef Paul Kulik's menu changes daily to reflect local farm product availability. Now open six days a week for dinner, offering hand crafted cocktails and an extensive domaine driven Old World wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Boiler Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Boiler Room reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (79)romantic (78)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (68)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary and everything was perfect. The printed menu noted our occasion, the 1985 Ch Montrose I brought was decanted and served with elegance.I had the squash blossoms and a beef entree and my wife enjoyed her pork belly first course with a Florida Red Fish as her main. The food was a ten on all counts. Following dinner we enjoyed a cheese tray with three locally crafted offerings including a goats milk, cows milk and bleu cheese served with a French fortified wine in place of a port. The mixologist produced a perfect Manhattan and a Tom Collins.Our waiter stands among the best there is in Omaha. Thanks to the kitchen staff as well. This was one of the best meals I have ever had in Nebraska.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The noise level was too loud. We had a hard time talking to each other at our own tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedRTDLLDDined on 8/16/2014We loved the venue and atmosphere and the service was exceptional. The menu was very limited as was the cheese plate appetizer we ordered. The mixed green salad was bitter. I had the flank steak and my wife had the chicken and neither were exceptional. Needless to say we passed on dessert.Special Features:
- An eating experienceAdventurousDined on 8/16/2014Creative cooking going on there... Our palettes were pleased with all dishes we had!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Amazing food and an incredible bartender. Great experience!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnercitizensDined on 8/12/2014We chose the Boiler Room to celebrate a birthday. The service was excellent, cocktails were wonderful and the dinner was very well prepared. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FletchDined on 8/12/2014Great space, bar drinks and food. The waiter had a "special" bottle of wine he pushed too hard, which we ended up having and was just OK. Not worth the $80. Caution suggested. We will go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful inside and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed!LeslieDined on 8/8/2014This place is an Omaha gem- period. I am ashamed to say I'd never been to the Boiler Room before this weekend, but I'll be back soon. Wonderful place- great food, every bite was delicious. Tim was an amazing waiter, wine list was stellar. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Amazing foodFree2beDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have had wonderful food and dining experiences in our travels, this will be one we will put at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TmurphTmurphVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very disappointing wine list, not a single US Cabernet or Blend and no sommelier to assist with the Italian and French selection. Appetizers are better than the main courses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiler Room ExcellentjohnjetDined on 8/2/2014The Boiler Room was an excellent restaurant. Food was amazing and the service was amazing. A restaurant that everyone in Omaha should try because you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Favorite in OmahatrynewfoodVIPDined on 7/29/2014We live in Colorado but whenever we're in Omaha we squeeze in time for dinner at the Boiler Room. The food and service are always excellent. We can count on some new food preparations to enjoy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- prairiegirlDined on 7/29/2014Simply one of the best restaurants the USA has to offer--vibrant farm to table food, cooked with flare and respect that draws out and balances all the fresh flavors. That the restaurant also fills rooms in one of Omaha's wonderful old industrial buildings with beautiful art, flowers, and lighting adds to the pleasure of great food and good service.Special Features:
- Fabulous service and foodOmahaFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Highly skilled and attentive staff, and the food was perfect. We had the pork and flank steaks. Both were wonderful. The chocolate dessert is a stunner.Special Features:
- Soho in OmahaReconnerDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had dinner here On a Saturday night. We found the restaurant to be a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the Service. The wait staff was attendant and our server (Sara) was most helpful with our selections from the menu. The decor of the restaurant is simple but elegant. The wine list is extensive. I ordered a Manhattan before dinner (the best I've had in Omaha) overall a pleasant evening. Would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced night of dining.Special Features:
- Amazing. Sarah was fantastic.illiniomahaDined on 7/16/2014Brought an out-of-town guest who was really, really impressed. Thank you!Special Features:
- Outstanding!ZandHDined on 7/3/2014Everything from the food to the wait staff to the ambiance was fantastic! We had the pork belly appetizer which I would recommend to everyone. You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i love this placejxcxDined on 6/30/2014i am not from omaha and when i found this place, i was so excited - feels more west coast then mid-west - very well prepared, flavored, balanced, creative dishes but not pretentious or precious. the food is *sooo* good. service was wonderful. this is my fave place in omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedLarryboyDined on 6/30/2014A very knowledgeable and efficient waiter, excellent food and an unusual "boiler room" atmosphere combined to make a memorable meal. I often don't feel that I get enough for my money in a restaurant but that was not the case here. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite!Omaha1DinerDined on 6/28/2014The Boiler Room never disappoints! This is our go to restaurant when we really want to treat ourselves, this time for our anniversary. We decided to order the Icelandic Arctic Char for two even though we had never had it before feeling more than comfortable that no matter what we ordered it would be over the top delicious. It was absolutely delectable! Our server was more than accommodating in guiding us in our meal selection and the wine pairing. Everything was perfect from start to end including our specialty cocktails and the crispy stuffed squash blossoms. The Boiler Room is in a league of its own. Love, love, love everything about it!!!Special Features:
- food not goodLeaveittolindaDined on 6/16/2014Although quite an inventive menu and elaborate wine list, the food was not good and the wine list did not include any California wines(personal preference though). Service was friendly and excellent. The restaurant itself was very well put together...old brick warehouse , perfect lighting and great photographic artwork! However after all this said the wagyu beef was unchewable, the waves of grain too salty, the pork just so-so and the salmon in salad very fishy. We really can't think of anything that was good. I don't like leaving a bad review, but I hope this helps. If the food was good it would be a go to place everytime we are in Omaha.Special Features:
- Food was a little off tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This was our 6th time at the Boiler Room. I love that they fixed the chairs since the last time we dined there which were uncomfortable to sit in to say the least. The new chairs are stylish and comfortable. Ordered a full dinner with appetizer and desert. Everything was good except both pieces of meat in our dishes were too tough. The lamb in one was cooked correctly, but slightly tough; the wagu beef cooked medium rare in the other dish was almost unedible. Not what we expected. We normally have wonderful cuts of meat. Something was off tonight. Will try them again for sure, but at this price point, the meat needs to be easily cut with a butter knife and melting in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlNancyJaneCarlNancyJaneDined on 6/13/2014Unfortunately we had a young female waitress that just couldn't get the rythem of the evening. After we ordered our cocktail, she asked if we wanted to order. We said no we wanted to get our drink. We ordered our appetizer, she then asked if we wanted to order. We said we'll wait until our appectizer gets here. You get the idea. We felt very rushed. My filet medallions came out rare, not medium rare. Not good that there are no domestic wines and barely recognized the spirit brands. No blue cheese stuffed olives either? We asked if they had blue cheese on the side and she said no....really? Unfortunately we are not coming back. Too many other great options in Omaha.Special Features:
- Wonderfull once again!AugimanDined on 6/10/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with dinner at the Boiler Room on Tuesday, June 10th. The service was impeccable, we were greeted with a smiling waiter who congratulated us on our anniversary and offered complimentary champagne to toast the occasion, nice touch. Having dined before at the Boiler Room we knew the menu would be eclectic, and it was, with lots of ingredients we were not familiar with, but the waiter was more than willing to explain to us. We chose home made pasta (ravioli-like) for the appetizer, which was yummy, and were going to split one of their fish for two preparations, but to our chagrin was not on the menu this evening. Instead we each chose different entrees and were not disappointed. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- Great restaurant- snooty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014We went to the Boiler Room for my mom's birthday dinner last week. The BR did a very cute custom menu that said "Happy Birthday"! The food was excellent and ambiance was fantastic! The place was full even on a Wednesday night and had a great energetic, yet relaxing vibe. The 1 complaint was the waiter. He was awkward and tried to make everything overly complicated! He was incapable of clearly explaining a wine list recommendation and came across snooty. I have eaten at hundreds of Michelin restaurants across the world and have never experienced a waiter's demeanor like this. Sad how 1 waiter can tarnish your experience- thankfully the chances are good that you will receive a different waiter and have an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine pairing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014The wine dinner was fabulous! So good to see Jesse Becker again. The pairing of wine and food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 6/2/2014The Boiler Room is certainly a true gem. Our overall experience was outstanding! The inside was so warm and welcoming. The inside is beautifully preserved. The service and food was excellant! I really enjoyed the seating on the balcony where we could look down below watch the chefs prepare our food. They even took the extra step for my birthday, to our surprise, and printed "Happy Birthday Mike" at the top of our menues. If you enjoy fine dining, I highly recommend the Boiler Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014I was very disappointed. I took a friend for her birthday and while they printed a happy birthday message on the menu for her and the food was good with a nice presentation, the service was very poor. To begin with, our waiter had very bad body odor. I would have said something but didn't want to embarrass him. However the management and staff must have noticed and should have done something. Also, I asked for a couple premium liquors for a cocktail and they did not have them in the bar so the waiter recommended something different and it wasn't close to what I requested. Unfortunately, the Boiler Room went down a couple notches in my book.Special Features:
- Great experiencefireHouse1015Dined on 5/31/2014Every time we go here, the food is excellent and the servers very knowledgable on the food and wine.Special Features:
- PerfectionAndyLikesToEatDined on 5/30/2014You couldn't ask for a better fine dining experience that emulates the purity of Nebraska. It brings a modern theme found in the big cities and matches it with wholesome flavors and the friendly staff you wouldn't expect from anywhere but Nebraska. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Excellent food and service. Great atmosphere with a wine list that resembles a book. You will not find this menu anywhere in town. Will definitely be back .Special Features:
- Our dinner at Boiler Room2dine4Dined on 5/24/2014This was our first visit to the Boiler Room, and we were totally pleased with every aspect of our dining experience. Every food item seems to have been prepared with special care---and talent. Our server, Timothy, was especially attentive, and his recommended pairing of wines with our dinner proved to be excellent.Special Features:
- UniqueElijamesDined on 5/24/2014The ambiance is cool, I loved the feel of the place the minute I walked in. The service was top notch, very knowledgeable but not over the top, really made you comfortable. Good was wonderful, great flovor and nice presentation. We will visit again. Hats off to Boiler Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A noteworthy experienceCaitlinDined on 5/23/2014I had been wanting to go to The Boiler Room for quite some time. Finally made it for my birthday and it was worth the wait. The service was amazing and I was a bit thrown off with the wine menu and my server was able to assist in my needs. The food was amazing-I loved that the chef isn't afraid to make something spicy. It was truly a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014From arrival to departure all was first class. They personalized our menu, provided great service , prepared food that was amongst the best we have had - ever! Our waitress, Sarah was knowledgeable and friendly. Sarah may recall the challenge of the Dunn Howell Mountain 1984 with the pesky cork a long time. She handled that particular difficulty, and the whole evening with great class.A wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit - but not lastFletchDined on 5/17/2014This was our first visit to the Boiler Room, and overall we loved it. Great ambience and excellent service. The bartender was excellent - one of the best Manhattan's I've ever had. We are pretty adventurous eaters, but some dishes it seems they were trying too hard - for example an appetizer of pigs heart with tuna??? Simpler appetizers would be nice. For the main course, we had the red snapper for two, which was superb. The wines by the glass selection was pretty limited. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Top Notch!TGYRLYVIPDined on 5/17/2014We were celebrating our first wedding anniversary and the staff at Boiler Room made it extra special for us. Our preferences were asked and custom cocktails were made just to our liking. Our server Tim is exceptional! He thoughtfully paired both of our entrees with a lovely Italian wine. Tim was helpful, attentive, extremely knowledgeable and informative. He got us everything we wished for, when we wished for it. Dinner of the Atlantic Salmon and Pork Loin with morels was outstanding! Boiler Room has been and will continue to be our special occasion place. We go back again and again. We can't say enough good things about the food, staff and Tim! Thanks for making our celebration wonderful!Special Features:
- excellentkkteasdDined on 5/16/2014What an excellent place to eat. Came to Omaha for the weekend and was looking for a great place to eat in the old market and was not disappointed. Excellent food and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good--but not what I expectedleviathonDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I were in Omaha for a show and to celebrate our anniversary over the weekend and we had heard great things about the Boiler Room so we decided to make that our anniversary dinner. We each had a drink, we had the olives and halibut as appetizers, and my wife had the salmon and I had the rabbit as our entrees (all recommended by our server). For Dessert we had the mousse and coffee. The food was all very good--but not as good as I was hoping for the price. I guess we just expected more out of it all. We're from Denver and I feel that in Denver we could have a really excellent meal + drinks for $100 (for 2) and I was expecting the same at the Boiler Room. While a good dining experience and great staff, it just wasn't remarkable.Special Features: