1110 Jones St
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theboilerroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4029169274
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Kulik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Follow The Boiler Room Restaurant on Facebook to receive updates on our frequent wine dinners with great importers and winemakers!
A word from Boiler Room
A converted boiler room in the Bemis Bag building, built in 1896, The Boiler Room is an ingredient driven modern American/French restaurant. Chef Paul Kulik's menu changes daily to reflect local farm product availability. Now open six days a week for dinner, offering hand crafted cocktails and an extensive domaine driven Old World wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Boiler Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Boiler Room reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (75)notable wine list (67)fit for foodies (64)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (15)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Boiler RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014It was OK, but just. It may be telling that one and maybe two different couples were seated, looked at the menu and left rather hurriedly. Food was OK, the sole was very good, but wouldn't recommend the Wagyu steak. Bread was a little odd, had a slightly burned crust which I sometimes like if it is served hot, but this was cold to begin with. The Tuna appetizer was very good. Highlight was desert which was very good as was the coffee. Didn't appreciate arriving 15 minutes early and being seated in clearly the worst seats in the house while other spots were available. Staff even mentioned it with a joke as if that made it OK. A little over pretentious from our perspective, others I know love the place. Server was pleasant.Special Features:
- jurajuraVIPDined on 9/13/2014Thank you for making my Wife's Birthday a very special evening. The menu's with her name on them with champagne was a special suprise. Thanks's for the extra attention you gave her on your special night. The Best Restaurant in Omaha. My 1# Choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedavemillerDined on 9/13/2014We recently dined at the Boiler Room. This was our fourth time. Every time it has been a real treat. The waiter was great with wine pairings, but not so stuffy he couldn't have a real conversation about the menu. The menu is always changing. Excellent excellent excellent. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to experience foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went to the boiler room for dinner during restaurant week. It also happens to fall on our anniversary. We enjoyed the food and cocktails very much. The ambience was nice and calm of the waitstaff very knowledgeable and friendly, and we felt no pressure to eat quickly and leave. Overall, one of the nicest dining experiences that we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but could be better...spiceDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the wagyu ribeye steak and the rabbit to share. The meat was good, but no defined vegetable or starch. Nice old downtown building with brick walls and statues, but the noise level was high like a cafeteria, so it didn't seem as romantic of a place. The waiter helped us pick a bottle of wine which was an Italian red wine, but it didn't turn out as good, so we drank half of the bottle and threw away the rest at home. The waiter was friendly and helpful in the beginning, but as soon as we gave him our food order, his personality and helpfulness turned 180 degrees and he seemed to be very withdrawn. Don't know what happened there. Overall, we won't go there again, but it's a good place to try one time for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Me and my husband had a great time, the food was out of the park. Our waiter knew his stuff, wine pairing based on our food choices were on the mark. We love the whole look of the place and will be making a visit again.Special Features:
- BoilerroomkaptainkDined on 9/5/2014Get a seat next to the stairs overlooking the cooks preparing your food, wait staff extremely attentive, every single question answered quickly, atmosphere fits the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGerryDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary and everything was perfect. The printed menu noted our occasion, the 1985 Ch Montrose I brought was decanted and served with elegance.I had the squash blossoms and a beef entree and my wife enjoyed her pork belly first course with a Florida Red Fish as her main. The food was a ten on all counts. Following dinner we enjoyed a cheese tray with three locally crafted offerings including a goats milk, cows milk and bleu cheese served with a French fortified wine in place of a port. The mixologist produced a perfect Manhattan and a Tom Collins.Our waiter stands among the best there is in Omaha. Thanks to the kitchen staff as well. This was one of the best meals I have ever had in Nebraska.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The noise level was too loud. We had a hard time talking to each other at our own tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedRTDLLDDined on 8/16/2014We loved the venue and atmosphere and the service was exceptional. The menu was very limited as was the cheese plate appetizer we ordered. The mixed green salad was bitter. I had the flank steak and my wife had the chicken and neither were exceptional. Needless to say we passed on dessert.Special Features:
- An eating experienceAdventurousDined on 8/16/2014Creative cooking going on there... Our palettes were pleased with all dishes we had!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Amazing food and an incredible bartender. Great experience!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnercitizensDined on 8/12/2014We chose the Boiler Room to celebrate a birthday. The service was excellent, cocktails were wonderful and the dinner was very well prepared. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FletchDined on 8/12/2014Great space, bar drinks and food. The waiter had a "special" bottle of wine he pushed too hard, which we ended up having and was just OK. Not worth the $80. Caution suggested. We will go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful inside and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed!LeslieDined on 8/8/2014This place is an Omaha gem- period. I am ashamed to say I'd never been to the Boiler Room before this weekend, but I'll be back soon. Wonderful place- great food, every bite was delicious. Tim was an amazing waiter, wine list was stellar. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Amazing foodFree2beDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have had wonderful food and dining experiences in our travels, this will be one we will put at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TmurphTmurphVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very disappointing wine list, not a single US Cabernet or Blend and no sommelier to assist with the Italian and French selection. Appetizers are better than the main courses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiler Room ExcellentjohnjetDined on 8/2/2014The Boiler Room was an excellent restaurant. Food was amazing and the service was amazing. A restaurant that everyone in Omaha should try because you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Omaha!ZimmDined on 8/2/2014This is by far the best restaurant my wife and I have been to since moving to Omaha metro in 2006. We like to go out to a nice restaurant about once a month and this one is a home run for anyone wanting a quiet, romantic place to eat with their significant other. We will be coming back very soon. Wait staff was excellent, food was excellent, and wine menu tops anything I have seen at a restaurant. Even better you don't have to worry about parking in the busy Old Market, they have reserved spots in front of the restaurant. Definitely add it to your list of places to eat out in the Old Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in OmahatrynewfoodVIPDined on 7/29/2014We live in Colorado but whenever we're in Omaha we squeeze in time for dinner at the Boiler Room. The food and service are always excellent. We can count on some new food preparations to enjoy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- prairiegirlDined on 7/29/2014Simply one of the best restaurants the USA has to offer--vibrant farm to table food, cooked with flare and respect that draws out and balances all the fresh flavors. That the restaurant also fills rooms in one of Omaha's wonderful old industrial buildings with beautiful art, flowers, and lighting adds to the pleasure of great food and good service.Special Features:
- Fabulous service and foodOmahaFoodieDined on 7/26/2014Highly skilled and attentive staff, and the food was perfect. We had the pork and flank steaks. Both were wonderful. The chocolate dessert is a stunner.Special Features:
- Soho in OmahaReconnerDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had dinner here On a Saturday night. We found the restaurant to be a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the Service. The wait staff was attendant and our server (Sara) was most helpful with our selections from the menu. The decor of the restaurant is simple but elegant. The wine list is extensive. I ordered a Manhattan before dinner (the best I've had in Omaha) overall a pleasant evening. Would recommend to anyone looking for a reasonably priced night of dining.Special Features:
- Amazing. Sarah was fantastic.illiniomahaDined on 7/16/2014Brought an out-of-town guest who was really, really impressed. Thank you!Special Features:
- Outstanding!ZandHDined on 7/3/2014Everything from the food to the wait staff to the ambiance was fantastic! We had the pork belly appetizer which I would recommend to everyone. You will not be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i love this placejxcxDined on 6/30/2014i am not from omaha and when i found this place, i was so excited - feels more west coast then mid-west - very well prepared, flavored, balanced, creative dishes but not pretentious or precious. the food is *sooo* good. service was wonderful. this is my fave place in omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedLarryboyDined on 6/30/2014A very knowledgeable and efficient waiter, excellent food and an unusual "boiler room" atmosphere combined to make a memorable meal. I often don't feel that I get enough for my money in a restaurant but that was not the case here. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite!Omaha1DinerDined on 6/28/2014The Boiler Room never disappoints! This is our go to restaurant when we really want to treat ourselves, this time for our anniversary. We decided to order the Icelandic Arctic Char for two even though we had never had it before feeling more than comfortable that no matter what we ordered it would be over the top delicious. It was absolutely delectable! Our server was more than accommodating in guiding us in our meal selection and the wine pairing. Everything was perfect from start to end including our specialty cocktails and the crispy stuffed squash blossoms. The Boiler Room is in a league of its own. Love, love, love everything about it!!!Special Features:
- food not goodLeaveittolindaDined on 6/16/2014Although quite an inventive menu and elaborate wine list, the food was not good and the wine list did not include any California wines(personal preference though). Service was friendly and excellent. The restaurant itself was very well put together...old brick warehouse , perfect lighting and great photographic artwork! However after all this said the wagyu beef was unchewable, the waves of grain too salty, the pork just so-so and the salmon in salad very fishy. We really can't think of anything that was good. I don't like leaving a bad review, but I hope this helps. If the food was good it would be a go to place everytime we are in Omaha.Special Features:
- Food was a little off tonightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014This was our 6th time at the Boiler Room. I love that they fixed the chairs since the last time we dined there which were uncomfortable to sit in to say the least. The new chairs are stylish and comfortable. Ordered a full dinner with appetizer and desert. Everything was good except both pieces of meat in our dishes were too tough. The lamb in one was cooked correctly, but slightly tough; the wagu beef cooked medium rare in the other dish was almost unedible. Not what we expected. We normally have wonderful cuts of meat. Something was off tonight. Will try them again for sure, but at this price point, the meat needs to be easily cut with a butter knife and melting in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarlNancyJaneCarlNancyJaneDined on 6/13/2014Unfortunately we had a young female waitress that just couldn't get the rythem of the evening. After we ordered our cocktail, she asked if we wanted to order. We said no we wanted to get our drink. We ordered our appetizer, she then asked if we wanted to order. We said we'll wait until our appectizer gets here. You get the idea. We felt very rushed. My filet medallions came out rare, not medium rare. Not good that there are no domestic wines and barely recognized the spirit brands. No blue cheese stuffed olives either? We asked if they had blue cheese on the side and she said no....really? Unfortunately we are not coming back. Too many other great options in Omaha.Special Features:
- Wonderfull once again!AugimanDined on 6/10/2014We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary with dinner at the Boiler Room on Tuesday, June 10th. The service was impeccable, we were greeted with a smiling waiter who congratulated us on our anniversary and offered complimentary champagne to toast the occasion, nice touch. Having dined before at the Boiler Room we knew the menu would be eclectic, and it was, with lots of ingredients we were not familiar with, but the waiter was more than willing to explain to us. We chose home made pasta (ravioli-like) for the appetizer, which was yummy, and were going to split one of their fish for two preparations, but to our chagrin was not on the menu this evening. Instead we each chose different entrees and were not disappointed. Bon Appetit!Special Features:
- Great restaurant- snooty serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014We went to the Boiler Room for my mom's birthday dinner last week. The BR did a very cute custom menu that said "Happy Birthday"! The food was excellent and ambiance was fantastic! The place was full even on a Wednesday night and had a great energetic, yet relaxing vibe. The 1 complaint was the waiter. He was awkward and tried to make everything overly complicated! He was incapable of clearly explaining a wine list recommendation and came across snooty. I have eaten at hundreds of Michelin restaurants across the world and have never experienced a waiter's demeanor like this. Sad how 1 waiter can tarnish your experience- thankfully the chances are good that you will receive a different waiter and have an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine pairing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/4/2014The wine dinner was fabulous! So good to see Jesse Becker again. The pairing of wine and food was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 6/2/2014The Boiler Room is certainly a true gem. Our overall experience was outstanding! The inside was so warm and welcoming. The inside is beautifully preserved. The service and food was excellant! I really enjoyed the seating on the balcony where we could look down below watch the chefs prepare our food. They even took the extra step for my birthday, to our surprise, and printed "Happy Birthday Mike" at the top of our menues. If you enjoy fine dining, I highly recommend the Boiler Room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014I was very disappointed. I took a friend for her birthday and while they printed a happy birthday message on the menu for her and the food was good with a nice presentation, the service was very poor. To begin with, our waiter had very bad body odor. I would have said something but didn't want to embarrass him. However the management and staff must have noticed and should have done something. Also, I asked for a couple premium liquors for a cocktail and they did not have them in the bar so the waiter recommended something different and it wasn't close to what I requested. Unfortunately, the Boiler Room went down a couple notches in my book.Special Features:
- Great experiencefireHouse1015Dined on 5/31/2014Every time we go here, the food is excellent and the servers very knowledgable on the food and wine.Special Features:
- PerfectionAndyLikesToEatDined on 5/30/2014You couldn't ask for a better fine dining experience that emulates the purity of Nebraska. It brings a modern theme found in the big cities and matches it with wholesome flavors and the friendly staff you wouldn't expect from anywhere but Nebraska. Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Excellent food and service. Great atmosphere with a wine list that resembles a book. You will not find this menu anywhere in town. Will definitely be back .Special Features: