1110 Jones St
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theboilerroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (402) 916-9274
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Kulik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Follow The Boiler Room Restaurant on Facebook to receive updates on our frequent wine dinners with great importers and winemakers!
A word from Boiler Room
A converted boiler room in the Bemis Bag building, built in 1896, The Boiler Room is an ingredient driven modern American/French restaurant. Chef Paul Kulik's menu changes daily to reflect local farm product availability. Now open six days a week for dinner, offering hand crafted cocktails and an extensive domaine driven Old World wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Boiler Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Boiler Room reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (90)romantic (83)notable wine list (81)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (29)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Romantic RetreatKevFDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary and we had not been to Boiler Room. Fantastic choice. The service was the best I've experienced. We asked and received excellent recommendations for both drink and dining. The beef cheek and snapper we had were fantastic. The beef simply melted in your mouth. If I had to pick something I wasn't completely wowed with, it would have to be the charcuterie. It was good, but that's it, just good. That is being very picky though. Overall, while certainly pricey, we received a wonderful anniversary experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Old Market gemChuckC59Dined on 11/13/2014First time patron. Food, service and drinks were all very food to excellent. The ambiance is old restored warehouse...lots of exposed brick...pipes...high ceiling, etc so that makes it a little noisy. Wine list is extensive..they make a mean Manhattan. Service was prompt and friendly and definitely not pretentious as some places can be. Menu is very limited and changes frequently I believe so check their website before making reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GustatoryGustatoryDined on 11/10/2014Always excellent. Service, ambience, menu, presentation, taste, innovation, all at a high standard. Unrushed, relaxed, exploring new taste sensations. The open kitchen is a joy to observed. We have eaten at Michelin star restaurants in Europe as well as leading culinary establishments including Chicago (Alinea) and Berkeley (Chez Panisse). The price is at the higher end, and so is the satisfaction and the memories it creates. Fit for intimate, romantic and end of the business day unwind. Chef Paul Kulik and his staff at Omaha's Boilerroom deserves a Michelin Star.Special Features:
- Still in it's own classricicaDined on 11/10/2014There are other restaurants that I might frequent more often but the Boiler Room is still the best and most interesting fine dining experience in Omaha. I think what sets them apart are 2 things: the setting - I never tire of watching the action in the kitchen or at the bar - and the staff - from the moment you walk in and are greeted at the door, to the attention to detail and professionalism of the waitstaff - they are the best! Really could give lessons to other establishmen's in Omaha. I hope (and assume since no one seems to leave) that the owners/mgmt take of of them. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurant!DrJN68VIPDined on 11/8/2014The lamb belly and linguica sausage were delicious first courses. The beef cheek... Amazing for dinner! Service was impeccable. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food + ambiance = one great placeKateDined on 11/8/2014In Omaha for a conference and picked the Boiler Room as a place to have dinner with an old friend I hadn't seen in years. It was the perfect spot. The ambiance is wonderful - brick, high ceilings, exposed pipes (hence - boiler room), visible wine cellar. Our waiter was informative, helpful and not judgmental when we wanted to pick a less expensive wine option (note - only one American wine on the wine list! I don't agree with that decision, but it made us try a really delicious Barola and I'm glad we did). I had braised beef cheeks which were so tender along with root vegetables. We were not rushed, even though we closed the restaurant (after all it had been a while since we had seen each other). Tables are nicely spaced apart! Dine here.Special Features:
- EngagementfromDSMDined on 11/8/2014I took my girlfriend there for a nice romantic dinner and to propose to her. The maitre de was very helpful as well as the staff in helping me prepare for it. They put us in a nice location that wasn't loud but still part of the rest of the patrons. After she said yes the bar tender brought us both a glass of champagne to toast and everyone in the staff came and congratulated us. They helped make a very memorable experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite place with 5 star foodhnicDined on 11/3/2014Recently went to the Boiler Room for my anniversary and asked them if there is anything special they could do for my dinner. When we aerived the host was by far the best I've ever come across and made very nice personal touches. He took care of everything and even gave us special happy anniversary menus, very nice. The food was superb and also gave us plenty, no skimping on the dish! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a romantic late night dinner to a cool lunch time ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent food, wonderful urban decor and first rate service.Special Features:
- Gem in the RoughTimmerDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I were traveling through the Omaha area and were in need of a good sit down meal and a bottle of wine. We couldn't be happier with choosing the Boiler Room. Everything was super from the service to the food and being able to watch the chef cook the entre from the second floor perch (dining room) was awesome. We would highly recommend this place and we hope to return some day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014We came to Boiler Room on a Saturday evening - had been wanting to try this place for quite some time. Had read many reviews, so we were ready to try new things and knew what to expect upon arriving. We decided to do cocktails this evening and each went with a Manhattan, which are phenomenal here. We had the house charcuterie and the other first course was some sort of whipped leek with a poached egg inside. When you cut into it, the yolk drizzled all over this delicious concoction. It was rich and fantastic. For the main course I asked the waiter to surprise me for my entree because I couldn't decide and my husband had the rabbit. He brought me the pork chop and it was juicy and absolutely delicious. Had small, firm noodles in the sauce that were hand made and excellent. Had a chocolate, on chocolate, on chocolate dessert that was great as well. All the food was excellent. Our waiter was good, not exceptional. He acted like we should know the menu and we had to probe quite a bit - was a positive experience though. We will definitely be back. Next time I will skip the cocktails and do wine with my courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMurfDined on 10/25/2014The boiler room is always a great place to dine with creative menus and great preparation. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- I was VERY IMPRESSED!FoodloverDined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and I was a little worried about trying something new... I am so glad we did! The service was outstanding, the food was amazing (the pork chop is the best I have ever had), and the price was very reasonable. The vibe was very urban chic but truly fit for any occasion, exposed brick, open kitchen (but not loud), and two levels to offer different dining experiences. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Old Market DiningTwoAsaDined on 10/24/2014Unique location just off the beaten path in the Old Market. Setting is quiet and cozy. Food menu changes frequently and is very diverse. Typically includes beef, pork and multiple fish options. Portion sizes run on the small size but we left feeling full. Our waiter was fine although did not check on us very often and was very brief with responses and not very informative. Other tables we could see had clearly opposite results so I would not let that discourage you. Our food was excellent and very tasty. Presentation was what you would expect from a first class restaurant. I would recommend and will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly TalentedDesMoinesFoodieDined on 10/18/2014The Boiler Room has some incredibly talented people on their staff, from chefs to bartenders. Though, I would say among the most talented was the bartender. His skill with creating specialized cocktail pairings with dishes was among the best. Not only did his cocktails taste amazing, but he looked like poetry in motion at his craft. Amazing experience and my husband and I will surely make the trip from Des Moines again and again for this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & DifferentFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Great decor & atmosphere, loved the menu choices (not the same ol' same ol' that every restaurant seems to have), and everything was good. Thank-you!Special Features:
- Loved ItFunnos4foodDined on 10/18/2014Boiler Room was recommended to us by the Chef of Grey Plume. We were taking our daughter out for dinner and it was perfect in every respect. She worked for The Bachelor Farmer for 3 years so is very particular. She love it as well. The service was excellent, the food was excellent and the environment was wonderful for all age groups. We will be back each time we visit Omaha.Special Features:
- Best Meal Ever!EatsalotDined on 10/18/2014I took my wife here for her 33rd birthday on a recommendation from a friend. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect meal. From start to finish everything was amazing, including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattypooDined on 10/15/2014The food was very good. I like the atmosphere of the place with the brick walls. The only item was that I left a little hungry. The addition of a salad or soup course would be good. Perhaps it was there and I did not see it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was fabulous; the waiter a little less so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleDaleDined on 10/9/2014Food selection and variety was very good! We enjoyed watching the chef(s)/staff prepare and serve many different dishes. The openness is very appealing and refreshing to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceballetloverDined on 10/4/2014A group of friends and I were in town for the ballet, and were looking for a nice place to eat beforehand. The Boiler Room's atmosphere was wonderful, and the service was excellent. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, explaining the menu, constantly checking up on us and even inquiring about our time in Omaha and wishing us a great time at the ballet later. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Highly Recommendbrittanna75Dined on 9/27/2014I can not say enough about this restaurant. Wonderful wine list, suburb cocktails, amazing ambiance, attentive wait staff & food like no other! It is pricey but 100% worth the experience. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatPointForwardVIPDined on 9/26/2014Extremely creative and well prepared dishes are what we have come to expect at Boiler room and this trip measured up as usual. Attentive friendly service is also the norm and Tim hit it out of the park with drink and food suggestions that were great on there own but wonderful when paired together. This is the ultimate foodie place. Be prepared to try something interesting - it will be delicious.Special Features:
- Fabulous!natureloverDined on 9/20/2014We ate at the Boiler Room for Omaha Restaurant Week 2014 and had an excellent meal. We had expected the food to be outstanding, and it did not disappoint. Head chef Paul Kulik does a great job. The vanilla panna cotta with diced pears was outstanding. The wine list was quite extensive. I loved the ambience as well--very open yet quiet, tables spaced far enough apart to allow for privacy, great artwork on the brick walls. Would absolutely come here again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Had a wonderful, memorable 10th anniversary dinner there. Thanks for all the personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday placeMicanteDined on 9/17/2014I loved the way they restored the interior of this place! For the ambiance I would really recommend it. However their food is expensive and did not suit my taste. Not a place to go to when you're really hungry because serving is small and it takes a while for food to get to your table. They have a very good wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014One of Omaha's best; second only to the Grey Plume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatGrasshopperVIPDined on 9/16/2014An absolutely outstanding find. We regularly travel from Chicago to Telluride and have made this a regular stop along the way. Great food and outstanding knowledgeable service with great wine recommendations. We believe this is one of the most consistently great restaurants anywhere.Special Features:
- Boiler RoomAlobarDined on 9/13/2014It was OK, but just. It may be telling that one and maybe two different couples were seated, looked at the menu and left rather hurriedly. Food was OK, the sole was very good, but wouldn't recommend the Wagyu steak. Bread was a little odd, had a slightly burned crust which I sometimes like if it is served hot, but this was cold to begin with. The Tuna appetizer was very good. Highlight was desert which was very good as was the coffee. Didn't appreciate arriving 15 minutes early and being seated in clearly the worst seats in the house while other spots were available. Staff even mentioned it with a joke as if that made it OK. A little over pretentious from our perspective, others I know love the place. Server was pleasant.Special Features:
- jurajuraVIPDined on 9/13/2014Thank you for making my Wife's Birthday a very special evening. The menu's with her name on them with champagne was a special suprise. Thanks's for the extra attention you gave her on your special night. The Best Restaurant in Omaha. My 1# Choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedavemillerDined on 9/13/2014We recently dined at the Boiler Room. This was our fourth time. Every time it has been a real treat. The waiter was great with wine pairings, but not so stuffy he couldn't have a real conversation about the menu. The menu is always changing. Excellent excellent excellent. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TwiggyDined on 9/12/2014We had a group of 6 celebrating my husband's birthday. We went on a Friday night at 8:30. It was quiet with a relaxing ambience. Our waitress was spectacular and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to experience foodMakerManDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went to the boiler room for dinner during restaurant week. It also happens to fall on our anniversary. We enjoyed the food and cocktails very much. The ambience was nice and calm of the waitstaff very knowledgeable and friendly, and we felt no pressure to eat quickly and leave. Overall, one of the nicest dining experiences that we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but could be better...spiceDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the wagyu ribeye steak and the rabbit to share. The meat was good, but no defined vegetable or starch. Nice old downtown building with brick walls and statues, but the noise level was high like a cafeteria, so it didn't seem as romantic of a place. The waiter helped us pick a bottle of wine which was an Italian red wine, but it didn't turn out as good, so we drank half of the bottle and threw away the rest at home. The waiter was friendly and helpful in the beginning, but as soon as we gave him our food order, his personality and helpfulness turned 180 degrees and he seemed to be very withdrawn. Don't know what happened there. Overall, we won't go there again, but it's a good place to try one time for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRockDined on 9/12/2014Me and my husband had a great time, the food was out of the park. Our waiter knew his stuff, wine pairing based on our food choices were on the mark. We love the whole look of the place and will be making a visit again.Special Features:
- BoilerroomkaptainkDined on 9/5/2014Get a seat next to the stairs overlooking the cooks preparing your food, wait staff extremely attentive, every single question answered quickly, atmosphere fits the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGerryDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary and everything was perfect. The printed menu noted our occasion, the 1985 Ch Montrose I brought was decanted and served with elegance.I had the squash blossoms and a beef entree and my wife enjoyed her pork belly first course with a Florida Red Fish as her main. The food was a ten on all counts. Following dinner we enjoyed a cheese tray with three locally crafted offerings including a goats milk, cows milk and bleu cheese served with a French fortified wine in place of a port. The mixologist produced a perfect Manhattan and a Tom Collins.Our waiter stands among the best there is in Omaha. Thanks to the kitchen staff as well. This was one of the best meals I have ever had in Nebraska.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The noise level was too loud. We had a hard time talking to each other at our own tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedRTDLLDDined on 8/16/2014We loved the venue and atmosphere and the service was exceptional. The menu was very limited as was the cheese plate appetizer we ordered. The mixed green salad was bitter. I had the flank steak and my wife had the chicken and neither were exceptional. Needless to say we passed on dessert.Special Features: