1110 Jones St
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theboilerroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4029169274
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Kulik
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Follow The Boiler Room Restaurant on Facebook to receive updates on our frequent wine dinners with great importers and winemakers!
A word from Boiler Room
A converted boiler room in the Bemis Bag building, built in 1896, The Boiler Room is an ingredient driven modern American/French restaurant. Chef Paul Kulik's menu changes daily to reflect local farm product availability. Now open six days a week for dinner, offering hand crafted cocktails and an extensive domaine driven Old World wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Boiler Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
Boiler Room reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (79)romantic (76)notable wine list (74)neighborhood gem (43)hot spot (23)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- WonderfulMurfDined on 10/25/2014The boiler room is always a great place to dine with creative menus and great preparation. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- I was VERY IMPRESSED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and I was a little worried about trying something new... I am so glad we did! The service was outstanding, the food was amazing (the pork chop is the best I have ever had), and the price was very reasonable. The vibe was very urban chic but truly fit for any occasion, exposed brick, open kitchen (but not loud), and two levels to offer different dining experiences. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy Old Market DiningTwoAsaDined on 10/24/2014Unique location just off the beaten path in the Old Market. Setting is quiet and cozy. Food menu changes frequently and is very diverse. Typically includes beef, pork and multiple fish options. Portion sizes run on the small size but we left feeling full. Our waiter was fine although did not check on us very often and was very brief with responses and not very informative. Other tables we could see had clearly opposite results so I would not let that discourage you. Our food was excellent and very tasty. Presentation was what you would expect from a first class restaurant. I would recommend and will return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingly TalentedDesMoinesFoodieDined on 10/18/2014The Boiler Room has some incredibly talented people on their staff, from chefs to bartenders. Though, I would say among the most talented was the bartender. His skill with creating specialized cocktail pairings with dishes was among the best. Not only did his cocktails taste amazing, but he looked like poetry in motion at his craft. Amazing experience and my husband and I will surely make the trip from Des Moines again and again for this experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & DifferentFoodieDined on 10/18/2014Great decor & atmosphere, loved the menu choices (not the same ol' same ol' that every restaurant seems to have), and everything was good. Thank-you!Special Features:
- Loved ItFunnos4foodDined on 10/18/2014Boiler Room was recommended to us by the Chef of Grey Plume. We were taking our daughter out for dinner and it was perfect in every respect. She worked for The Bachelor Farmer for 3 years so is very particular. She love it as well. The service was excellent, the food was excellent and the environment was wonderful for all age groups. We will be back each time we visit Omaha.Special Features:
- Best Meal Ever!EatsalotDined on 10/18/2014I took my wife here for her 33rd birthday on a recommendation from a friend. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect meal. From start to finish everything was amazing, including the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pattypooDined on 10/15/2014The food was very good. I like the atmosphere of the place with the brick walls. The only item was that I left a little hungry. The addition of a salad or soup course would be good. Perhaps it was there and I did not see it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food was fabulous; the waiter a little less so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaleDaleDined on 10/9/2014Food selection and variety was very good! We enjoyed watching the chef(s)/staff prepare and serve many different dishes. The openness is very appealing and refreshing to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceballetloverDined on 10/4/2014A group of friends and I were in town for the ballet, and were looking for a nice place to eat beforehand. The Boiler Room's atmosphere was wonderful, and the service was excellent. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful, explaining the menu, constantly checking up on us and even inquiring about our time in Omaha and wishing us a great time at the ballet later. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Highly Recommendbrittanna75Dined on 9/27/2014I can not say enough about this restaurant. Wonderful wine list, suburb cocktails, amazing ambiance, attentive wait staff & food like no other! It is pricey but 100% worth the experience. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatPointForwardVIPDined on 9/26/2014Extremely creative and well prepared dishes are what we have come to expect at Boiler room and this trip measured up as usual. Attentive friendly service is also the norm and Tim hit it out of the park with drink and food suggestions that were great on there own but wonderful when paired together. This is the ultimate foodie place. Be prepared to try something interesting - it will be delicious.Special Features:
- Fabulous!natureloverDined on 9/20/2014We ate at the Boiler Room for Omaha Restaurant Week 2014 and had an excellent meal. We had expected the food to be outstanding, and it did not disappoint. Head chef Paul Kulik does a great job. The vanilla panna cotta with diced pears was outstanding. The wine list was quite extensive. I loved the ambience as well--very open yet quiet, tables spaced far enough apart to allow for privacy, great artwork on the brick walls. Would absolutely come here again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Had a wonderful, memorable 10th anniversary dinner there. Thanks for all the personal service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your everyday placeMicanteDined on 9/17/2014I loved the way they restored the interior of this place! For the ambiance I would really recommend it. However their food is expensive and did not suit my taste. Not a place to go to when you're really hungry because serving is small and it takes a while for food to get to your table. They have a very good wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014One of Omaha's best; second only to the Grey Plume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatGrasshopperVIPDined on 9/16/2014An absolutely outstanding find. We regularly travel from Chicago to Telluride and have made this a regular stop along the way. Great food and outstanding knowledgeable service with great wine recommendations. We believe this is one of the most consistently great restaurants anywhere.Special Features:
- Boiler RoomAlobarDined on 9/13/2014It was OK, but just. It may be telling that one and maybe two different couples were seated, looked at the menu and left rather hurriedly. Food was OK, the sole was very good, but wouldn't recommend the Wagyu steak. Bread was a little odd, had a slightly burned crust which I sometimes like if it is served hot, but this was cold to begin with. The Tuna appetizer was very good. Highlight was desert which was very good as was the coffee. Didn't appreciate arriving 15 minutes early and being seated in clearly the worst seats in the house while other spots were available. Staff even mentioned it with a joke as if that made it OK. A little over pretentious from our perspective, others I know love the place. Server was pleasant.Special Features:
- jurajuraVIPDined on 9/13/2014Thank you for making my Wife's Birthday a very special evening. The menu's with her name on them with champagne was a special suprise. Thanks's for the extra attention you gave her on your special night. The Best Restaurant in Omaha. My 1# Choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedavemillerDined on 9/13/2014We recently dined at the Boiler Room. This was our fourth time. Every time it has been a real treat. The waiter was great with wine pairings, but not so stuffy he couldn't have a real conversation about the menu. The menu is always changing. Excellent excellent excellent. I'd highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!TwiggyDined on 9/12/2014We had a group of 6 celebrating my husband's birthday. We went on a Friday night at 8:30. It was quiet with a relaxing ambience. Our waitress was spectacular and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to experience foodMakerManDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I went to the boiler room for dinner during restaurant week. It also happens to fall on our anniversary. We enjoyed the food and cocktails very much. The ambience was nice and calm of the waitstaff very knowledgeable and friendly, and we felt no pressure to eat quickly and leave. Overall, one of the nicest dining experiences that we've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but could be better...spiceDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the wagyu ribeye steak and the rabbit to share. The meat was good, but no defined vegetable or starch. Nice old downtown building with brick walls and statues, but the noise level was high like a cafeteria, so it didn't seem as romantic of a place. The waiter helped us pick a bottle of wine which was an Italian red wine, but it didn't turn out as good, so we drank half of the bottle and threw away the rest at home. The waiter was friendly and helpful in the beginning, but as soon as we gave him our food order, his personality and helpfulness turned 180 degrees and he seemed to be very withdrawn. Don't know what happened there. Overall, we won't go there again, but it's a good place to try one time for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingRockDined on 9/12/2014Me and my husband had a great time, the food was out of the park. Our waiter knew his stuff, wine pairing based on our food choices were on the mark. We love the whole look of the place and will be making a visit again.Special Features:
- BoilerroomkaptainkDined on 9/5/2014Get a seat next to the stairs overlooking the cooks preparing your food, wait staff extremely attentive, every single question answered quickly, atmosphere fits the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectGerryDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary and everything was perfect. The printed menu noted our occasion, the 1985 Ch Montrose I brought was decanted and served with elegance.I had the squash blossoms and a beef entree and my wife enjoyed her pork belly first course with a Florida Red Fish as her main. The food was a ten on all counts. Following dinner we enjoyed a cheese tray with three locally crafted offerings including a goats milk, cows milk and bleu cheese served with a French fortified wine in place of a port. The mixologist produced a perfect Manhattan and a Tom Collins.Our waiter stands among the best there is in Omaha. Thanks to the kitchen staff as well. This was one of the best meals I have ever had in Nebraska.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014The noise level was too loud. We had a hard time talking to each other at our own tableI would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedRTDLLDDined on 8/16/2014We loved the venue and atmosphere and the service was exceptional. The menu was very limited as was the cheese plate appetizer we ordered. The mixed green salad was bitter. I had the flank steak and my wife had the chicken and neither were exceptional. Needless to say we passed on dessert.Special Features:
- An eating experienceAdventurousDined on 8/16/2014Creative cooking going on there... Our palettes were pleased with all dishes we had!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Amazing food and an incredible bartender. Great experience!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnercitizensDined on 8/12/2014We chose the Boiler Room to celebrate a birthday. The service was excellent, cocktails were wonderful and the dinner was very well prepared. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FletchDined on 8/12/2014Great space, bar drinks and food. The waiter had a "special" bottle of wine he pushed too hard, which we ended up having and was just OK. Not worth the $80. Caution suggested. We will go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful inside and the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowed!LeslieDined on 8/8/2014This place is an Omaha gem- period. I am ashamed to say I'd never been to the Boiler Room before this weekend, but I'll be back soon. Wonderful place- great food, every bite was delicious. Tim was an amazing waiter, wine list was stellar. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute.Special Features:
- Amazing foodFree2beDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have had wonderful food and dining experiences in our travels, this will be one we will put at the top of our list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TmurphTmurphVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very disappointing wine list, not a single US Cabernet or Blend and no sommelier to assist with the Italian and French selection. Appetizers are better than the main courses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiler Room ExcellentjohnjetDined on 8/2/2014The Boiler Room was an excellent restaurant. Food was amazing and the service was amazing. A restaurant that everyone in Omaha should try because you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Omaha!ZimmDined on 8/2/2014This is by far the best restaurant my wife and I have been to since moving to Omaha metro in 2006. We like to go out to a nice restaurant about once a month and this one is a home run for anyone wanting a quiet, romantic place to eat with their significant other. We will be coming back very soon. Wait staff was excellent, food was excellent, and wine menu tops anything I have seen at a restaurant. Even better you don't have to worry about parking in the busy Old Market, they have reserved spots in front of the restaurant. Definitely add it to your list of places to eat out in the Old Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite in OmahatrynewfoodVIPDined on 7/29/2014We live in Colorado but whenever we're in Omaha we squeeze in time for dinner at the Boiler Room. The food and service are always excellent. We can count on some new food preparations to enjoy.I would recommend this to a friend.